• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emuwins

Smash Rookie
When recovering offstage, what is the best way to get on stage against a Marth player that likes to try to edgeguard? Also, when I try to use diddy's barrel rockets after a diddy hump it does diddy's kick instead of up-b, some of the time. Why would that happen?

Zinoto

Smash Lord
When recovering offstage, what is the best way to get on stage against a Marth player that likes to try to edgeguard? Also, when I try to use diddy's barrel rockets after a diddy hump it does diddy's kick instead of up-b, some of the time. Why would that happen?
Honestly there's no one right way. This is one of the reasons why Marth doesn't do terribly in this matchup. The option to prevent yourself from getting gimped is to take the high option, but they're usually waiting for you to do this so they can juggle you. You MUST do mix ups to get back to the stage or else you'll be juggled/hit back off stage all game. If you have a banana with you, throw it to clear a path. Use b-reversals, monkey flips, and everything else you can think of to fool him into letting you back on stage. When Marth is good at keeping you up there the match up feels one sided. Keep yourself covered in bananas so that you reduce the times you are actually in this position by as many times as possible. For the mfk thing, you're probably trying to up b before the monkey flip animation has ended. Wait a tad longer to use it and you should be fine.

:phone:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
^^^^ yes.
Also it should be known that if you do the diddy hump and it connects to the opponent, YOU WILL NOT HAVE BARRELS AFTERWARD. So don't superman your way offstage after it.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Or you could also Diddy Hump Release (footstool optional afterwards) and still have the ability to rocket barrel. Having your double jump is more preferred though for the gimp.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I almost never attack release anymore, jumping is just way more effective I find. Jump release>Reverse Peanut gun>Jump>Side+B again is a great mix up on tall characters.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
My Diddy is the best.
I Play campier than I do with Yoshi.
I run around with one nanner, air dodge, roll, spot dodge, edge.

And when they mess up, nanner>DA>grab nanner>nanner(if possible)>run away again.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's how you do it.

Punish attacks on your shield or your opponent's landings or anything else that can be punished with banana>fthrow and then run back grab your banana again and reset. Then when your opponent is in kill percent switch the fthrow out for a dsmash.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
My Diddy is the best.
I Play campier than I do with Yoshi.
I run around with one nanner, air dodge, roll, spot dodge, edge.

And when they mess up, nanner>DA>grab nanner>nanner(if possible)>run away again.

What a bad strategy that should never work.

tibs7

Smash Champion
came 3rd in tourny today,so bad
. got planked hard in both my losses. gnw and mk. i also go gimped whenever i lost. sigh at diddy's recovery... :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea diddy's recovery will troll you every now and then

gotta DI and recover high bro. and abuse the kung fu kick priority in the right situations

-Googs

Smash Lord
I really dislike that matchup. Use a lot of fair though, uhh its in our advantage cause he dies pretty early and his trip animation is really long, im very bad at it though

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea its our favor. unless, you decide to go in and be more aggro than the GW

in that case, you're probably about to get styled on

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
yea its our favor. unless, you decide to go in and be more aggro than the GW

in that case, you're probably about to get styled on
That could be said about any match up that isn't being played correctly, though

Zinoto

Smash Lord
how bad is game and watch for diddy? is it an even match up or worse?
So long as your shield isn't ridiculously low, G&W has like no safe moves on our shield. This MU is basically bait and punish. Make him do an aerial and punish it with a banana. There's no reason why you should run at him without a banana. I'd say the MU is like +1/+2 for us because there's such a big difference between top G&W's and those who are just good with G&W. Unless that G&W is a tryhard G&W, using every trick in his 2D book to make you do something stupid, just bait and punish.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Thank you zinoto for being informative unlike jebus who feels the need to post the stupidest things possible even though he loses to not-even-pocket loocases :I

Jeez :pichu:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nah theres quite a few matchups where you can be the aggro one and do well

being campy is just easier overall

Player-1

Smash Legend
GaW IMO is +1 because of his kill power and like a good read at 80 is the stock and I think he's decent at poking diddy depending on the stage, so he can keep the lead and so 1 good read can be the game and with CP stages it can be the set... But I'm not too experienced with the MU. I think with only neutrals its +2, but +1 with CPs.

Guaranteed 3rd right now, got kicked out of the venue and going to play after ihop against kismet. Reflex beat me again but was a lot closer than last time. Game 1 was even til I sded at 30 and was still last hit. I got dis tho

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah i was kinda aggro, i was easily the better player. good reads to comeback but then i woiuld just play stupid and die early/kill myself. was embarressing.
with gnw's bair its before the last hit of the turtle that it can be punished correct? i am so rusty will get better though.

and then with mk i sd'ed in like every game, he's a good player but its not like its hard to gimp diddy with mk. so much salt :)

Zinoto

Smash Lord
GaW IMO is +1 because of his kill power and like a good read at 80 is the stock and I think he's decent at poking diddy depending on the stage, so he can keep the lead and so 1 good read can be the game and with CP stages it can be the set... But I'm not too experienced with the MU. I think with only neutrals its +2, but +1 with CPs.

Guaranteed 3rd right now, got kicked out of the venue and going to play after ihop against kismet. Reflex beat me again but was a lot closer than last time. Game 1 was even til I sded at 30 and was still last hit. I got dis tho

I agree, +2 is kinda pushing it. Not letting your shield get too low stops the pokes, but that turtle can do it so well sometimes. Nice job getting 3rd, you'll get Reflex next time ^_^.

Sounds ghetto
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
nah theres quite a few matchups where you can be the aggro one and do well

being campy is just easier overall
I meant playing the match up wrong

Example: The DDD/Wario match up is in DDD's favor unless he decides to not chain grab or grab release

The match up is +3 even when you take CPs into account. You could destroy him with one banana and the match up only gets worse with two. He has no way of forcing an approach and Diddy can live for a really long time if he doesn't get killed early by a smash attack or a 9.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
camping aggro is different from not using a move entirely or guaranteed kill setups bro

diddy/GW is definitely not +3, especially since all of his smashes will be relatively fresh since he has to poke you out just to get in. One read at like 80-90 and diddy is dead. He can bucket break and live alot of diddy's kill moves as long as a heavy character could as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom