• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Sounds like there is a consensus that Wario counters Diddy...I guess I better keep practicing my Wario.

C.J.

Smash Master
Every time I read this thread I wonder why. Then I see them post each others videos and watch Brawl for like an hour. Then I go back to wondering why I come here.

Also, I'm da worst Diddy

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Even? Definitely not impossible by any means but I think its slight wario favor. Between 55-60 :wario:

:phone:

PortCity

Smash Ace
My opinion, not that anyone cares, is Wario is a solid counter to us. The catch is SOOOooo few Wario players actually are good, know what they are doing, and use the right strategy. There are things that Wario can do to us, but almost none of them know about and/or even practice. Examples...

SDI first hit of f-smash into fart, SDI up-smash into fart, SDI dash attack into fart, falling nair (weak hit) beats barrel charge, banana -> clap -> foot stool combos, bite beats our jab -> grab....the list of situational tactics go on forever, to the point where there is usually always some weird tactic they can do on us at all times. I can go on if you guys want.

C.J.

Smash Master
In wario's favor, but only like 55-45. Its not as bad as sayyyy snake/mk
HEY NOW, you're talking to m*****f****** Jebus here. He says Diddy vs MK is even. What do you know, psshh. Jebus is obviously right, you should take notes freenes.

<3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol yea mike SDI my dash attack and farted me. Needless to say I was stunned and trolled

PortCity

Smash Ace
@GDX: Yeah, I'm sure you were shocked. :) Don't worry the list goes on...bike toss setups as we are recovering, falling bites...

I'm not going to give Wario players the key to success in this social thread, but Wario players don't fight against us the right way. We have 2 options, camp them or fight them, and neither works if the Wario player has the right skills and game plan. My personal belief is our only saving grace is it takes a wario MAIN (or a REAL serious secondary) to beat us. Even a really good player, that picks him up will need a TON of experience in the match up (before he starts slaying diddys), which most of us already have.

@Gnes: I personally think Snake is easier. Quasi-camping is a viable strategy against him. Stand out of tilt / dash attack range, hold a banana, dodge grenades, shoot a few peanuts, see an opening, throw your banana in, combo him off stage, go for the gimp, start over again. The fact that a sensible strategy exists makes snake easier, imo.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hey, (please) could someone post a video of Diddy vs DDD that shows the right-strategic way to play that match-up?

PD: Not videos of ADHD rapping Atomsk please, those videos only show you that DDD is **** stuff, and I find it a little harder...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i played seibrik's d3 recently, but not sure if i played any of the matches the actual correct way :laugh:

Vega4

Smash Ace
Thanks, post those videos too please, I want to see as much as I can. I have a tournament this weekend, and I wanna see more strategy vs DDD.

PD: GDX, put those videos too, it could help.
PD2: If someone knows of a video that shows the right way to play it, post it please.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I definitely sound more nerdy on that vid than southern. I'm from like the Atlantaish area...you know the city? Not deep south GA

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol redneck.

i have vids up against mk :0 yayayay
havwent played in ages...... :(
smash so dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom