• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well damn. Yeah, that may be different. I don't even know what font that is.

Maybe Sails will check back in with the original pictures sometime.

Oonai

Smash Cadet
Why don't we let the other character boards do the work for us?

1) Wait for another board to finish a discussion on the Diddy MU
2) Post a thread with a link to their MU summary and the ratio (or +/-) they gave
3) Let us post different info (and/or ratios) if we disagree with what the other board says
4) Wait a week and put the agreed upon ratio into our thread (even if nobody posts in our thread, in which case we agree with them)
5) ????
6) Profit (after doing minimal work)

Sound good?
I think this is a viable option to quickly gather match-up infor and ratio's, since one of the concerns is lack of input from diddy's. Make the other threads work for us. Profit indeed.

owen.jow

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a good recommendation for gamecube controls? Or is it merely just preference?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Does anyone have a good recommendation for gamecube controls? Or is it merely just preference?
just preference. depends on what you like to do alot

I really dont trust the L/R buttons for shielding, so thats why I made an additional face button shield as well.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Preference definitely.
I have my y set for grab, which does double duty since I use it for catching grounded nanas sometimes.
And my R is set for attack for full hop aerials and hasty grounded instant throws

:phone:

Sails

Smash Ace
I've been pretty busy with a lot of stuff lately. Work has been hammering me due to everyone taking their year-end vacations, and all of the games coming out have been distracting me from Brawl. Plus, I got in to a stupid fight with Pelca, my practice partner, so I've had no chance to play lately. Having turned 21 has also taken up some of my time for Brawl as well, since I can drink legally now and we all know what that means...(Also, thanks P1 for noticing :3)

So you guys want to take over the MU thread? I of course don't mind, I would love to see it done myself. I do feel shameful that I abandoned it, but my strict standards to try and get it done on time wasn't lenient enough for our boards activity rate, so I grew apart from it due to all of the inactivity and time extensions.

What is it you guys need? I have the PSDs (The Photoshop files) still for all of the images, but they're messy. Actually, I'm willing to do up the images for you Disqo. Just PM me what you need and when you need it, or ship me your AIM if you have one and you can hit me up whenever. Hell, I'm actually really interested in helping out now if we can joint-project it!

Sorry again for my inactivity...maybe I'll try and make things up with Pelca so I can start practicing again, especially since I was finally overcoming plateaus.

Oonai

Smash Cadet
I've been pretty busy with a lot of stuff lately. Work has been hammering me due to everyone taking their year-end vacations, and all of the games coming out have been distracting me from Brawl. Plus, I got in to a stupid fight with Pelca, my practice partner, so I've had no chance to play lately. Having turned 21 has also taken up some of my time for Brawl as well, since I can drink legally now and we all know what that means...(Also, thanks P1 for noticing :3)

So you guys want to take over the MU thread? I of course don't mind, I would love to see it done myself. I do feel shameful that I abandoned it, but my strict standards to try and get it done on time wasn't lenient enough for our boards activity rate, so I grew apart from it due to all of the inactivity and time extensions.

What is it you guys need? I have the PSDs (The Photoshop files) still for all of the images, but they're messy. Actually, I'm willing to do up the images for you Disqo. Just PM me what you need and when you need it, or ship me your AIM if you have one and you can hit me up whenever. Hell, I'm actually really interested in helping out now if we can joint-project it!

Sorry again for my inactivity...maybe I'll try and make things up with Pelca so I can start practicing again, especially since I was finally overcoming plateaus.

Yay, so exciting! Where do we start?

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny

This is epic sails.
Joint project sounds really smart, so I won't like, force all the files outta ya all at once. I'll pm you with more info and junk, and I can be the more active one, seeing as how I still have the time :094:
Glad to see you back :D

Player-1

Smash Legend
I got 2nd losing to micaelis and reflex and beating kismet (falco; MK banned event), billy, 4god, and micaelis in the run back in LF 3-0

Sails

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, is everyone okay with the current look of the Matchup thread? I've got a slight redesign in mind that would look the same but conserve more vertical space making it easier to see most of it all at once.

Also, I shipped out the new ratio image for Olimar to Disqo, so whenever he gets around to it he'll wrap it all up. Based on the discussion though, I'm pretty sure that the ratio won't surprise anyone...

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'll be in Florida, next week, from the 16th to the 25th. I'm assuming there are some Diddy mains in the Ftl/Miami area. Does Dfear still play? GDX, are you in Miami area or Orlando?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm in Orlando

Theres a big tourney next Saturday in Orlando that Miami smashers are going to. On top of gainesville Tampa and Georgia . You should find a ride :laugh:

And who did michael go against you?

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Sad day.

Anybody who would like to contribute to the lucario MU thread is welcome to do so. All we have are lucarios posting about they can do this and do that. Right now the majority says it's even(yeah right)
Input is needed. You will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom