• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
apex is jan 2012, so you should do what i plan to do

pound 5 -> genesis 2 -> apex 2012/3/whatever the **** its called. About 6 months between each tourney

gnes/dekar, i want to team with one of you for one of these tourneys as double diddy. after these three i probably got 1-2 more OOS national tourneys in me, at most so double diddy has to happen before then :laugh:

Dekar173

Justice Man
apex is jan 2012, so you should do what i plan to do

pound 5 -> genesis 2 -> apex 2012/3/whatever the **** its called. About 6 months between each tourney

gnes/dekar, i want to team with one of you for one of these tourneys as double diddy. after these three i probably got 1-2 more OOS national tourneys in me, at most so double diddy has to happen before then :laugh:
Yes.

Then we can watch shows about rapist insects!

tibs7

Smash Champion
2012 wtf that's gay. I don't think I could go to both genesis and apex, just to much money :/.
P1, is p3 gonna go apex?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Ughh 2012 is soooo far though, I don't even know if I cbf'ed playing for that long..you guys better go, I don't wanna be hanging with smelly Shaya the whole trip :(

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Question about diddy's up-b hitbox:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Male bees go hard. you dont wanna **** with them

casey, pound5 genesis2 apex2012, pick which one we're teaming at and i will make it happen.

I plan to quit brawl around the end of 2012 or so, which is why im on time constraints :laugh:

and guys, i picked up wario as a secondary. hes so much fun its ridiculous lol. I think imma use him in teams when the time calls for it

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
what would y'all consider is the general playstyle of diddy? i know there is player creativity, but what is his basic nature?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Any chance of GDX goin to WHOBO 3?
WHOBO3? the one thats in 2011? 1% chance.

if theres a WHOBO4 in 2012 then thats a much higher chance. I'll know by the end of this year if im going to WHOBO3, but i hadnt planned on it

general playstyle of a diddy? i guess it would be stage control and punishing through hard reads, moreso than other chars. Playing diddy is like how you want to play defense in football. Make the offense one sided/limit their options, so that you can play much faster knowing they only have 20% of their normal feasible options available to actually be a threat to you, thus giving you less to actually think about/decipher mid match, which leads to the playing faster thing.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
word? ok. figured as much. I think i have a zoning problem. What do you guys do normally to zone your opponent?

glide tossing downwards is good, but what else?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
move your character in a way to best position yourself against your opponent

just make sure every time you move, you're not in danger.
As an example, you want to create the biggest and farthest distance between you and your opponent, so you position urself back against the ledge. This COULD prove fatal, it may not seem like its dangerous cause of the distance, but you MUST include the risk in regards to the reward of your positioning. i dont want to get into details of why being in a certain spot is safer than others it just really depends on the character youre facing, your %, the stage, your goal of this position.

thats zoning in general imo. but when applied to diddy u can:

simply NOT move.
walk back and forth.
jump up and down, back and forth. repeat and mixup with second jump with further mixup of sideb/peanut gun/etc..
glide toss of course

the banana itself isnt used for zoning its used as a safety tool in this situation to protect u from YOUR bad positioning/create baits and reads/ limit certain options.

a smart player will position himself safely without the need of such tool.

the banana itself assists diddy in the way to create zoning "safe"

zoning is a basic and fundamental aspect of any 2d fighting game, but of course it can be very complex especially in brawl where u have infinite options.

learn to crawl before you can walk :3

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Diddy kong has a guaranteed buffered grab out of glide toss against Olimar if he tries to grab you out of it. I think U-smash OOS beats it though

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea olimars usually upsmash out of shield after they are hit with a forward glide toss...thus a backwards glidetoss/standing throw will suffice :3

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I've never played a good olimar :3

dfear will be at dallas?
was planning to but decided that i really just want to goto

apex/genesis/pound/evo i can only goto 2-3 of them tho >_>

besides i went to 2 mlgs, i only go to get better dallas is just an inconvenience atm

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
was planning to but decided that i really just want to goto

apex/genesis/pound/evo i can only goto 2-3 of them tho >_>

besides i went to 2 mlgs, i only go to get better dallas is just an inconvenience atm
apex genesis for great justice

genesis definitely has to be one of them though. especially if youve never been to cali

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
guess im goin on a plane with mr kelly :3
exactly

ive been to CA for two tourneys now and I loved both times, but genesis 1 was unspeakably amazing as far as the entire tourney experience goes.

-The hotel itself is a cheap hotel that was entirely smashers and every room had like 6 people at least. They didnt really care as far as how many were there
-Free continental breakfast at said hotel..like orange juice waffles bagels and stuff like that, and its across the street from an in and out and a gas station, so cheap supplies all weekend
-Tourney itself is pretty hype. I dont even play melee but it was probably the greatest melee tourney ive ever been to in person. Brawl was pretty fun too. Venue is sizeable

the fact that its the next OOS tourney that im actually going to makes the anticipation hype that much more larger for myself personally

tibs7

Smash Champion
omg was just watching some *** diddy kong his actually pretty good. better than p1 imo.
but he was versing a snake so he kinda had no chance :(

tibs7

Smash Champion
Nagahari and Tige

they are both quite good

and omg yui is quite amazing to watch....

ninja'd by kaffei
you seriously lurk every single board

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Nah
Boards I visit a lot: Meta Knight, Wario, Toon Link, Kirby, Diddy Kong, Atlantic North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom