• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
yeah but I was talking about during killing percents. Also last time I checked, diddy's kill potential was average

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Pummels DO refresh your moves, but you can't rapid Pummel; afaik, you have to wait for the hitstun from each Pummel to wear off before doing another, and then each one will remove a stale move (this comes from being a past Wolf main... God do I miss that Pummel speed).

Jebus, for not necessarily being on the right side of a point, you really know how to defend your ideas well. Like, it's hard to argue with most of the things you say, because usually you're right (albeit in this case, I'm going to side with DFEAR). Just wanted to say that.

And NinjaLink, that's the first time I've heard of that, and that's really pretty cool! I'll add it to the Kongpendium article really quick.

:193: :041:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ah thats what i was searching for with the pummels. i wanted to quote it cuz i remembered one of us was a wolf main...that was u then ingulit, ah good **** thank u for clearing that up.

btw jebus and i are friends. amirite jebus =d?

BTW aipom sucks...
cuz he's not HANDY

ALSO... ISAI LOGIC PLZZZZZ

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Pummels DO refresh your moves, but you can't rapid Pummel; afaik, you have to wait for the hitstun from each Pummel to wear off before doing another, and then each one will remove a stale move (this comes from being a past Wolf main... God do I miss that Pummel speed).

Jebus, for not necessarily being on the right side of a point, you really know how to defend your ideas well. Like, it's hard to argue with most of the things you say, because usually you're right (albeit in this case, I'm going to side with DFEAR). Just wanted to say that.

And NinjaLink, that's the first time I've heard of that, and that's really pretty cool! I'll add it to the Kongpendium article really quick.

:193: :041:
The thing is that I hate when people talk without knowing what they are talking about and I dont like being one of those people who talk for the sake of talking(Im not insulting anyone here. Im just saying I know people who act like this). I think that DFEAR has some really good points. Maybe we should just both agree to disagree. And sure DFEAR, we can be friends

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea im ignorant of diddy...it clearly shows =P

and AYO ingulit...when DA *** am i ever gonna see u IRL? i wanna chillz with u and stuff...goto gamme o.o

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
and AYO ingulit...when DA *** am i ever gonna see u IRL? i wanna chillz with u and stuff...goto gamme o.o
Lul, if you can make it to Alabama sometime (or if I can ever somehow get down to Florida), we definitely need to meet up! I'll warn you that while I know most of the theory behind Diddy, I still don't have much experience to show for it :laugh:

EDIT: **** almost forgot

:194: :041:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Im not sure if that was a joke. the reason I said what I said was just to respond to Ingulit about why it is hard to argue with me

DFEAR

Smash Hero
application> theory...whatever i say i do...get at me ingulit...

ALTHOUGH i srsrly need to place better. i lose to peach/luigi all the damm time regardless of their skill level which pisses me off while im competiting on equal levels with the top 4 members of my PR. wtf am i doin wrong. I NEVER APPROACH...

@jebus...a humorous joke :p...we friends its wut we do o.o

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
biglou is legit tho...he taught me the matchup at winterfest :3
He really is (like, he's given me a bunch of tips on the match-up too), but he ALWAYS ENDS UP IN MY POOLS ARG

And I haven't been to enough tournaments to learn the match-up yet. Thankfully a pretty decent (better than me, anyway) Mario/Luigi player goes to UA that I get to play against a lot (JMIX, not sure if he's known on the boards or not), but I'm losing to his Luigi usually more due to a gap in raw skill than the match-up difference as of now :laugh:

EDIT: OMG AGAIN

:196: :041:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
T.T...friggin boxers and monkeys...

why isnt luigi top 5 in tier list >_____>

luigi> diddy

T.T

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
no good luigi players in California:( I mean:)
That better be a :wario: instead of a :ganondorf: if you know what's good for you
:197: :041:

EDIT: DFEAR, the reason is the same reason I recently started playing Wolf again :3 Wolf >>> Luigi

EDIT: FFFFFF, I have a final in less than twelve hours, this narcoleptic needs some sleep T_T I'm out

DFEAR

Smash Hero
in order for me to get better placings aka beat luigi/peach i NEED a secondary? cant i just know the matchup better? :\ cuz in friendlies when i play these players i use MK and completely wreck face aka f@gness spread everwhere WHY cant my diddy do the same -_-

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
in order for me to get better placings aka beat luigi/peach i NEED a secondary? cant i just know the matchup better? :\ cuz in friendlies when i play these players i use MK and completely wreck face aka f@gness spread everwhere WHY cant my diddy do the same -_-
Im tempted to pick up a secondary too(MLG ruleset:mad:). but I dont think Im going to go through with it. Diddy is just too fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Since I'm still up for God knows why, I only use Wolf as a secondary because he was my first main, so I know him pretty well. I'd say my Diddy is much, much better, but my Wolf is good enough anymore (read: I don't SD 90% of my stocks nowadays) that I can use him when my double-blind Diddy doesn't work (I'll still DB Diddy even if I'm playing Biglou... it's a pride thing I guess). I just lucked out in that my first main wrecks a lot of our problem match-ups :3

:198: :041:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Since I'm still up for God knows why, I only use Wolf as a secondary because he was my first main, so I know him pretty well. I'd say my Diddy is much, much better, but my Wolf is good enough anymore (read: I don't SD 90% of my stocks nowadays) that I can use him when my double-blind Diddy doesn't work (I'll still DB Diddy even if I'm playing Biglou... it's a pride thing I guess). I just lucked out in that my first main wrecks a lot of our problem match-ups :3

:198: :041:
thats funny. I used to main wolf too. Picked up diddy for my problem matches and decided that I enjoyed playing him way more!!!

tibs7

Smash Champion
dfear, second marth for those MU.
he pretty much eats them for breakfast.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
cant i srsrly just spam upair>tornado 0-deaths, down grabs, ftilt, spaced fairs, grounded upbs, dair gimps with some shield pokin tornadoes here and there and win easier?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245705&highlight=diddy+banana+choke

We should really look into this. there are some characters that are guaranteed to trip again if they happen to roll back making it a tech chase. If the roll forward then its a free smash or grab
I actually play around with this alot. mid match opponents often times think im gonna go chase them,and the banana but I just wait, they roll back and i get a free d-smash :p

This has happened waaaaaaay more times than i would have expected,in bracket,mm's and friendlies. It makes your opponent feel like a tard :p

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I did this to king ace back at CoT4. Idk why u ppl are so late with these techs. Feels like i gotta babysit yall lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
cuz that AT is pretty dumb and useless unless you're opponent has half a brain and keeps doing the same thing from that position :190:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I found a new AT for diddy . Im not sure how useful it is but it does give us more ledge options. What you do is when you are on the ledge, you fall of the ledge like if your planking but instead of grabing on to the ledge again, you dair and move forward. what happens is that you land on stage with no lag and since you attacked you can buffer pretty much any move you want. My question is do you guys think the rewards outweigh the risks?

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
I found a new AT for diddy . Im not sure how useful it is but it does give us more ledge options. What you do is when you are on the ledge, you fall of the ledge like if your planking but instead of grabing on to the ledge again, you dair and move forward. what happens is that you land on stage with no lag and since you attacked you can buffer pretty much any move you want. My question is do you guys think the rewards outweigh the risks?
uh, this is like in melee where you can ledge hop certain aerials and they will cancel immediately. i wouldn't try this on anyone with range, but any potentially good ledge options help diddy.
its also cool to ledge hop a popgun cancel instead of dair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom