• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

QUIVO

Smash Master
It would be both!!!!!!!!! I don't know how it'd be set up. Maybe play brawl until we're bored and then go to melee?

QUIVO

Smash Master
I played a game of Melee after Brawl once and I was fine. But my friend said it was too fast for him and he couldnt keep up. Also, I SD'ed alot since I was expecting auto sweetspots and the amazing recoveries. Now that I think of it, I wasn't really fine...

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Hey, I've been lurking around these forums for a while, and now that I've decided to start going to some tournaments, I guess I should declare my existance. I main Marth, Jiggs, and Peach in Melee. I main Marth and Zero Suit Samus in Brawl, but that is likely subject to change in the near future.

D20

Smash Lord
Is that the correct address? Couldn't find anything on mapquest.
Yes, that is the right address. However, we have had issues with people finding it before. You can find the street on mapquest easily, but the venue is harder to find. Hopefully someone will upload a good map or a picture in the official thread.

Also note that there will be a very large sign oustide of the venue that will say something along these lines --> http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~rpt27/pitts.JPG

If all else fails, you can just call one of us. We're fairly good with directions.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I may have found a good venue, as I know the owners, and they have asked me about video game tournaments... However, I've yet to see the place myself, so I'm not sure if it would work.

It's closer to Columbus than anything else, if that matters...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Okay, so I checked out my aforementioned potential venue today... Things don't look so good.

Apparently, it'll be roughly $75 an hour to rent the place, and by my calculations, that will be way too much unless we have a LOT of people show up...

So, I guess me holding a tournament (there) is out of the picture... But I'll keep looking. I'm out to get Ohio back on the Smash Map!

Psilent

Smash Rookie
Hey guys this is BuckeyeSmasher! I'm finally back from my 5 month forum hiatus and ready to get some tourney play in! You may or may not remember me (I'm leaning toward the 'may not' end) but I live about 5 minutes from OSU's campus. Is anyone going to the Pittsburgh tournament (i know there were some address issues)?
Also, are there any upcoming SmashFests or tournaments around Ohio? I've been playing Brawl since it came out, but since I don't have my own Wii I haven't played anyone other than a few friends, I need some more people to compete with!!!

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
theres gonna be a smashfest in medina at my friends house 25 min from cleveland. Its very last minute, but if anyone doesn't have anythign to do just message me. We can only have a small group (less than like 12) so just message me if interested

Metric

Smash Cadet
Hey Braz, you didn't say when the date was, I'm guessing it was over this last weekend though.
If it's not though PM me, I would love to go.

Anyhow, they had Brawl at the Anime Convention at LCCC last weekend and I got second place, there were 64 people signed up, only about 7 good people.
The person who won first(I think his name was Jesse, using Metaknight) He was by far the best player I've ever faced. But he got jipped, First place got 2000 wii points and second place(me) got 30 dollars in Best Buy gift cards. Third place got 20 in best buy gift cards.

Metric

Smash Cadet
It was him...
My friend happened to look up Ohio players on smash wiki and saw him.
I heard about him before on the bards but people made him sound like a mean person but he was really nice.

Metric

Smash Cadet
Well, I actually never saw any of his posts, just people talking about him.
But he had like... zero arrogance while being so awesome. He told me he made money brawling,
but I did not expect he was a top pro.

Dopey

Smash Lord
theres a biweekly at vayseths this sunday, bring all of ohio if u can =p

Megachuk

Smash Ace
If anyone lives close to, or in Alliance OH, and is free this week let me know. I'll be up there to visit my gf, but while she's at work I'll be bored out of my mind with nothing to do...

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Anyone know of tournys very close to where I live? Maybe with alot of participants since the more people there are, the more fun it is :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I live in Cincinnati too, but there's not many tournaments here...
We need someone to host a smashfest/tournament sometime soon :(

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I live in Cincinnati too, but there's not many tournaments here...
We need someone to host a smashfest/tournament sometime soon :(
I think I might like to do one this weekend. There's a tournament at OU the following weekend and I think there will be a number of carpools from Cincy heading there. There's also one at UC, but it's... FFA on time with items, so myself... I'm not going. >.<

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
Anyone here near Akron? I never hear of anything near here... It'd be nice to get to know some fellow competitive smashers near me.

AIM: IvoYaridovich, feel free to contact me there if I'm not lurking the board.

Top Bottom