• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Revven

FrankerZ
Anyone dropping by Cleveland Heights or Cleveland in general? I need some decent competition and while I do have that still I'd like more. If you are, PM me about it and we'll see what we can do. Or you can play me on Wi-Fi (which, as I know, most people hate it because of the possible delay :p)

Arkayne

Smash Rookie
oh my how Ive failed to realize their is an Ohio thread here...

Anyways their are alot of smashers in Dayton who like good challenges so where does everyone locale from in Ohio?

Looking forward to play some of you guys sometime..

rezzide and his brother.. you guys need to come to dayton again so we play some more hahahaha.

Now that brawl is out... I slacked on melee but im back in SSBB.

You guys can contact me on AIM or MSN.. PM me for the S/N's.

Also , biggest fighting game tourney in ohio is coming up in October.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=5122145#post5122145

e__

Smash Ace
Arkayne, I live in Cincy, so I might be able to smash occasionally, as soon as I get a wii and Brawl so I'm not stuck playing once every week or so with a friend.

Of course, I just joined, I have no smash tourny experience or anything, and I'm pretty much stuck with my few friends who play. I'm starting to get good at Marth, but I'm probably horrible by tournament standards (too bad there isn't a brawl "levels list" like they have for SSB so I could see where I'd be). I guess I'd say I'm intermediate to beginner. But I'd still like to play with some other people so I can get better. If there's one game I'd go pro in (LOL!!) it'd be Smash.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Arkayne, Reside and his wacky brother have been in Dayton for quite some time. Hit me up on AIM. I took this whole academic year off from OSU, man, I've beein in Dayton since the summer hit.

I still claim to be the best in the Dayton area d;

Megachuk, Alliance is on the completely wrong side of Ohio, you do know that right?

GUNPUNCH! does need to host something. I was this close to beating Jiano on my counterpick at FC, I'm pretty sure he's just scared. Kel knows he got lucky in that Brawl match, too.

e__

Smash Ace
Hey, I don't have my driver's license (parents rule, temps at 16, license at 17), you think I have the time with school to get a 4 hour ride up to Cleveland or Akron?

I would if I could, but I really don't think an 8 hour round trip is worth a few brawl matches.

Sliq

Smash Master
Jesus, someone just hold a tourney in Cincy or something.
GUNPUNCH! THAT MEANS YOU GUYS :(
Hey, I'm ****ing in Buffalo, NY, land of the big fat NOTHING. Buffalo sucks ***. Thanks for nothing East Coast. Anyways, I can't do **** from here, and when I do get back to Cincinnati, I'm going to be buried in soggy homework.

The homework is soggy from my TEARS. >=, <

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Check on me every so often. I personally missed my last tournament this weekend, But I do intend on hosting one in the next couple months in Cincinnati...Just lemme know if you'd be interested

Arkayne

Smash Rookie
ok well check this this offer is to anyone , on a regular basis down here in dayton at WSU on usually fridays. We have HUGE gaming get together. With fighting gamers from dayton to kentucky they all come down to casual and record matches in EVERYTHING. Some of you guys should think about popping in sometime. Ill let you know of course when its all going down.

Arkayne, Reside and his wacky brother have been in Dayton for quite some time. Hit me up on AIM. I took this whole academic year off from OSU, man, I've beein in Dayton since the summer hit.
Paradigm is your AIM in your profile? you cant contact me at Arkayne937 if need be. Well have to hook up definitely. If your around sinclair CC thursday me and a bunch of cats are always brawling.

Ahh Gotcha , well get as much practice in as you can while you play with your friend lol!

I find it easy to always practice and test stuff against friends... well its hard for me. Because me and all of my friends play fighting games mad serisously and tournaments and everything not to mention beong on youtube.. all the time >____>.

Arkayne

Smash Rookie
I'll be around Sinclair on Thursday. Got class 'til about 4:00PM.
well you know where building 8 is? Were usually down there gaming. Tuesday is the PS2 Day , and thursday is brawl day.

From Like 11:ish till like 6 ish. Beware.. their are a couple idiot scrubs who like to argue with me about items and stages....

So if you come down and hear us arguing.. thats us LOL.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Which room in building 8?

I may try to make it Thursday from 4 'til 6, possibly also from 11 'til 1. Gotta establish my dominance in Brawl like I did in Melee for the Dayton area, lol.

Also give the details on the stuff at WSU, I may be able to get to that as well, maybe even bringing some of my crew.

e__

Smash Ace
ok well check this this offer is to anyone , on a regular basis down here in dayton at WSU on usually fridays. We have HUGE gaming get together. With fighting gamers from dayton to kentucky they all come down to casual and record matches in EVERYTHING. Some of you guys should think about popping in sometime. Ill let you know of course when its all going down.
Really? Post some times dates and I'll see if I can get a couple of friends to come some time.

Arkayne

Smash Rookie
Which room in building 8?

I may try to make it Thursday from 4 'til 6, possibly also from 11 'til 1. Gotta establish my dominance in Brawl like I did in Melee for the Dayton area, lol.

Also give the details on the stuff at WSU, I may be able to get to that as well.

Nice well , I want too much of a melee player I would own... But Id get bored after like 3 matches. so yeah...

go to building 5 then go straight to the basement. and go the sports cafeteria lounge area... where the pool tables and stuff are.

Ill be looking forward to playing you.

3 stock?
No items?
Battlefield / FD?
6 mins xP

alright nice. When the next thing happens Ill alert you all. The last one we did was like saturday before last.

Right now out of the people I know my direct crew are like the tip of the top in dayton out of who weve played.

But the majority of them arent at sinclair this quarter. So we all usually head to someones house and play till like 5 in the morning or whenever we wanna leave lol!

Arkayne

Smash Rookie
Anyone there cocky enough to money match? Just like $1 or $5 or something.

lol no not here. ( I dont think at least). But when we all gather at WSU. People are always game for money matches , that jsut shows how serious the majority of us are.

Save the MM's for WSU we usually record MM's and post on youtube.

The Majority are scrubs down there. Im teaching two of the guys, and a few of the people out of my crew come sometimes , Ill of course tell you who they are.

*edit * well Ive jsut went with those rules cause I get sick of the f*ing scrubs complaining to me about the stages and items.

*edit2* alright.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
A'ight then I guess Thursdays will just have to hold me off until the next thing at WSU. Give me as much of a heads up as you can so maybe I can get my whole crew together and we can crew battle. We were supposed to crew battle Yellowsprings last weekend but the plans fell apart ):

Doctor X

Smash Lord
No johns, Sliq?

Seriously, though, Quivo and I were talking about maybe using Tangeman at UC for a tournament... especially if we can get the non-in-buffalo GUNPUNCH! guys in on it. What say you to that, Cincinnati people?

e__

Smash Ace
I'm for it. Hell, I'm for anything local. Right now I just want to get better, and I think the best way to do that is play more people.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol X you know i'm down for it if it's local
you guys are going to try and get phil to come too right?
also we should invite jesse and the cok, moar fun with them than without

Doctor X

Smash Lord
lol X you know i'm down for it if it's local
you guys are going to try and get phil to come too right?
also we should invite jesse and the cok, moar fun with them than without
We'd be trying to get all of them to come, sure... But if it was a Brawl tournament-- which it would likely be-- I don't think Phil or most of Cok would come, and Vidjo would say he's coming and then not show. :ohwell:

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Hello Ohio! I'm an Indiana native, but I go to school in Ohio. Me and my central Indiana crew members were talking about hosting a Melee tourney in mid July. We would want this to be a pretty large tourney for the midwest. Last year we held an Indiana tourney with a moderate turnout, but to help make up for the absence of FC this year we wanted to open it up to the whole midwest and beyond. I was just wondering what the Ohio intrest level is for this sort of thing. I'll be back with updates when more info is known. Keep it real Buckeyes. later.

Kel

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm almost ALWAYS down for smashing. The catch is that I'm always at tournaments on the weekends. I would, however, be willing to hold a smashfest or something (like we always have at my apartment) whenever I don't work.

Oh, and since UC had a mini smash tournament I think that GUNPUNCH! could probably rent out TUC. I looked at the rooms that they held their little tournament at, and if we could get a couple of them we would be fine. I'm going to check into the details. The real issue is that it'll probably cost money to rent, so we'd need a big turnout to pay for it. Also, I have no clue how parking would work on campus. Maybe they'd give us free parking....who knows.

I'll check into it and get back to everyone at a later date. It might even become a circuit event!

If anyone wants to play online, just contact me via AIM. We can play online or work out a day to play IRL.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm a ****, I do what I want.

I can host, but I'm usually busy on the weekends. I also don't like playing on Friday/Saturday nights as I have better things to do. I can do Sundays if anyone wants to play then. Melee or Brawl, but my Melee skills suck now and hardly anyone plays Melee anymore. Except Sean, Chuk, Josh, Samson, and the buttrams. They only play once every year though.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
I'm a ****, I do what I want.

I can host, but I'm usually busy on the weekends. I also don't like playing on Friday/Saturday nights as I have better things to do. I can do Sundays if anyone wants to play then. Melee or Brawl, but my Melee skills suck now and hardly anyone plays Melee anymore. Except Sean, Chuk, Josh, Samson, and the buttrams. They only play once every year though.
Everything this man says is true

Top Bottom