• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Megachuk

Smash Ace
I'll play any/all of you tomorrow... PLEASE PLAY ME, I'M GOING TO BE BORED AS HELL. PM me or w/e... Brawl/Melee it don't matter I just don't feel like sitting in an apartment all day long.

step up

4% APR

Smash Champion
Do you want melee or brawl? There's a tourney in a place called chesterland this weekend for brawl and a melee tourney in wadsworth next month, though I don't know how close they are to youngstown.

Gibby

Smash Cadet
I'm from Chesterland (it's east of Cleveland), but I'm working in Canton over the summer. Drop me a PM and maybe I'd be able to do stuff from about 5ish. (fridays, preferably)

Once classes start back up I'll be in Cleveland.

EDIT:
WGWOLVERINE: Grabinski? Who's that? Anyway, I PMed you a few weeks ago about the tourney you're having on 6/21. Technically I'm in Russell, but there's even less chance of someone knowing where that is than Chesterland.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That you, Grabinski?
I can't think of any other smashers from Chesterland that actually come here.
By the way, I live in Chesterland.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I live pretty close to canton. If you (Sliq) or you (Gibby) or anyone else wants to play send me a pm or something.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
anyone wanna play next week? Me n JkK n maybe a few other in medina would like to play some people. If hosted here in medina we could have like a group of 4-6 over

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
lemme get an O-H!

seriously though, i'm glad I found this thread. Ohio does need to step it up. I'm near Columbus (born in Akron, moved here when I was 5) and I've only been in two tournaments. Both were general video game tournaments that were hosted by my school and they had Melee last year, and Brawl this year (I won the Brawl tournament). Anyway, There's a thread on talk of a biweekly tournament in Columbus. Anyone know if that's been given the green light?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm from Chesterland (it's east of Cleveland), but I'm working in Canton over the summer. Drop me a PM and maybe I'd be able to do stuff from about 5ish. (fridays, preferably)

Once classes start back up I'll be in Cleveland.

EDIT:
WGWOLVERINE: Grabinski? Who's that? Anyway, I PMed you a few weeks ago about the tourney you're having on 6/21. Technically I'm in Russell, but there's even less chance of someone knowing where that is than Chesterland.

I play with a kid named Jacob Grabinski, who goes by Gerbi, and I got that mixed up. I technically live in Russel as well. Smashfest this friday i think. I'll pm you about it.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Are there any tournaments in or around the Columbus area this weekend? I'm in town from Florida.

Smocane

Smash Cadet
Anyway, There's a thread on talk of a biweekly tournament in Columbus. Anyone know if that's been given the green light?
It's being worked on. We have people going on vacation and stuff, so it's hard to get together and finish off the details, but look for a thread on it within a week. :)

D

Deleted member

lemme get an O-H!

seriously though, i'm glad I found this thread. Ohio does need to step it up. I'm near Columbus (born in Akron, moved here when I was 5) and I've only been in two tournaments. Both were general video game tournaments that were hosted by my school and they had Melee last year, and Brawl this year (I won the Brawl tournament). Anyway, There's a thread on talk of a biweekly tournament in Columbus. Anyone know if that's been given the green light?
It has indeed been given the Green Light, check out the thread.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179714

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! I'll see if I can come, but I don't know where that venue is. Can anyone post directions? Just like how I can get there from 270 or Polaris.

EDIT: Nevermind. I can find it.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Any idea how big this columbus tourny is going to be?

Also, are there any smashfests around Columbus? I just got a job around here and I need a new crew to game with. I don't really want to have to put down money every time I wanna play some Brawl/Melee.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
the Columbus tourney is going to be 20-40 people by what the host said. It's a $5 venue fee with a $10 fee for the brawl and melee tournaments. I'm not completely sure, you'd have to check with the host, but you could probably go and just pay the $5 venue fee and do friendlies if money is a problem.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
The money isn't a problem for a tournament. I was just wondering if anybody just got together and had Smashfests around here. If possible, I'd like to get some smash in more than once every two weeks.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
the Columbus tourney is going to be 20-40 people by what the host said. It's a $5 venue fee with a $10 fee for the brawl and melee tournaments. I'm not completely sure, you'd have to check with the host, but you could probably go and just pay the $5 venue fee and do friendlies if money is a problem.
Yeah, there should be no problem if you decide to do that. In case it's not known, all venue money will go to paying the venue and any money left over will go toward paying further venues and, if you decide to participate, all money in the tournament will go toward the pot on that particular tournament.

nojoes

Smash Ace
link to said tourny please? pm would work too.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
When classes start up at Ashland University (around August 25th), I'll be playing lotsa Smash (All 3 of them), and If there's any interest, I'd be willing to host weekly or bi-weekly smashfests. I know the scene in Ashland isn't huge, but it you have any interest at all, PM me or post here.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Anyone around Portsmouth or Blanchester?

I'm interested in going to lots of tourneys/outs when college starts. If anyones in the south part of Ohio feel free to invite me!

nojoes

Smash Ace
Does anyone want to go to Smash and Coffee? They can hitch a ride with me if you help with gas.

toss me a pm if interested. I know it's short notice but it'll be funnn...

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Attention Dayton and everyone else, Brawl sucks. We want to play Melee. Who all can we get to do this? I want to get this widescale enough that Brawl can just be dropped into oblivion where it belongs.

Top Bottom