• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Dayton, the city with the most bad smashers who think their good and the least good smashers who are actually good.
Wait, there's people in Dayton who think they're good at Smash? I'm cocky enough to believe I'm the best in the Dayton area and even I know better.

Seriously, WHO ELSE LIVES HERE???:psycho:
Sinclair starts Monday, so we'll probably start playing regularly there if you can make it.

I have class Monday and Wednesday which start at 4:30PM (so it'd have to start earlier), but I'm guessing you can't make it with much time to spare given the fact you're [most likely] in highschool.

I also have class Thursday starting at 6:00PM. Think it's possible for you to go to Sinclair from sometime between when you're school's out and ~6:00PM?

I've not really been in very solid contact with the other people who played Smash there Spring quarter and so I don't know when's best for them or how this will go down, but I expect[/really hope for] some Smash some time weekly at Sinclair.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Wait, there's people in Dayton who think they're good at Smash? I'm cocky enough to believe I'm the best in the Dayton area and even I know better.

Sinclair starts Monday, so we'll probably start playing regularly there if you can make it.

I have class Monday and Wednesday which start at 4:30PM (so it'd have to start earlier), but I'm guessing you can't make it with much time to spare given the fact you're [most likely] in highschool.

I also have class Thursday starting at 6:00PM. Think it's possible for you to go to Sinclair from sometime between when you're school's out and ~6:00PM?

I've not really been in very solid contact with the other people who played Smash there Spring quarter and so I don't know when's best for them or how this will go down, but I expect[/really hope for] some Smash some time weekly at Sinclair.
As it turns out, my school (CJ) is about half a mile from the edge of Sinclair's campus. But until mid-October, I've got practice until 5:00PM. On Thursdays, We'd probably have about 20-40 minutes to play, if you want to bother doing that. If you do, just know that I'll be pretty sweaty.
BTW There are a bunch of people out there who think they're great at smash because they can beat all their friends, but these people don't know or don't care about advanced techniques (wavedashing, SFFLing, edge hogging, ect) and ,therefore, don't really hold a candle to people who really know how the game should be played:laugh:
Also, just know, for someone who hasn't had a decent practice partner other than COM 9 for 2 years, I play a pretty mean Peach.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
From the sounds of it even 20~40 min will be a refreshing change from your lack of regular competition. I have class at 6:00PM but I don't know what the others there are planning so there is a chance they can still stay even later. I wouldn't count on it, though - in the spring they usually left well before 6:00PM.

If you want me to put that bunch of people in their place I'm sure I can manage without those 'advanced techniques.' Think they'd be up for putting a couple bucks on a game? What if, say, I only use one hand?

Peaches are fun (:

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
From the sounds of it even 20~40 min will be a refreshing change from your lack of regular competition. I have class at 6:00PM but I don't know what the others there are planning so there is a chance they can still stay even later. I wouldn't count on it, though - in the spring they usually left well before 6:00PM.

If you want me to put that bunch of people in their place I'm sure I can manage without those 'advanced techniques.' Think they'd be up for putting a couple bucks on a game? What if, say, I only use one hand?

Peaches are fun (:
All that's good to hear. Fill me in with details (like where to go) when you get them, and you could even start up a weekly/biweekly event and put up a thread for it to see who else can come.

clowsui

Smash Legend
wow lol cincinnati ***** though

kel sliq OS quivo infern dr. x smash64

seven man crew of ****

...oh **** quivo's part of columbus now

ummm

kel sliq os infern smash64 dr. x

six man crew of **** >_>;

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Aaryk
Is
Back

I wish I could make this more epic sounding, but frankly I don't care enough to edit the text or put a picture in. So I'll just say it. I'm back from my indefinite hiatus. I am at the College of Wooster, a school with a good smash scene (apparently). I've been working my game back, and now that I'm back in football shape, I'm announcing my return.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lmfao Earthhero you haven't been to a single monthly or weekly
don't say you rep everything cincy offers until you've been =)

if anything it's OS, Kel, Sliq and Q doing the reppin
backing them up is probably Infern + Smash64 + Dr. X
and in case those ppl get sick or they just don't feel like playing or somehow die it'd be me Tyr and e_ >_>;

clowsui

Smash Legend
Q I got dibs on dat first mm already lol
unless he denies it :/

also i propose you bring the dazzlerz and we record some matches at the monthly

Top Bottom