• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Wolf O'Donnell Support Thread: Home of the StarWolf Squadron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machete

Smash Ace
Would it be to much to hassle if all 4 Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf to get in?
I'd love to see that, because I support both Falco and Wolf for Brawl, and Krystal is a shoe-in. But, sadly, it's pretty unlikely.

Or perhaps getting the whole Star Wolf team in and firing away.
Yes, that would be the perfect FS for Wolf.

raul

Smash Lord
I'd love to see that, because I support both Falco and Wolf for Brawl, and Krystal is a shoe-in. But, sadly, it's pretty unlikely.

Yes, that would be the perfect FS for Wolf.
I see everyone kind of likes that idea. I thought it was pretty bad *** myself. As far as laser weapory in the US goes: By the time we see that, the next installment of SSB will already be made, if they wise up and make another one.

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
I really don't know what I can see for Wolf...And as much as I don't care about the Starfox series I'd really love to see Fox, Falco, Krystal, and Wolf make the cut. Assuming Falco retains his basic moveset, with a few alterations to make him less clone-like, he and Fox would be the brawlers, Krystal would have her unique staff, and I'd kinda like to see Wolf as a weapons guy. A jack-o-all trades like Samus, Link, and Snake. Sniper Lazer anyone?
Wolf and Krystal should both be included, give Fox his damsel and his rival. I guess a good Final Smash for Wolf would be riding his ship and fire at his enemies.
When the landmaster tank was revealed as fox's final smash, it confirmed falco or wolf with an arwing or wolfen for me.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Did we ever figure out the best probable Final Smash for Wolf?

So far I've heard of Wofen, Team StarWolf, somewhere in the depths of the old thread someone suggested a berserk sniper rifle. I admit I havn't thought of the StarWolf team showing up and attacking, sort-of like Pit/Ddedede FS, but with three powerful units, not dozens of weaker ones. Personally I still hold the Wolfen FS as my favorite.

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
Did we ever figure out the best probable Final Smash for Wolf?

So far I've heard of Wofen, Team StarWolf, somewhere in the depths of the old thread someone suggested a berserk sniper rifle. I admit I havn't thought of the StarWolf team showing up and attacking, sort-of like Pit/Ddedede FS, but with three powerful units, not dozens of weaker ones. Personally I still hold the Wolfen FS as my favorite.
Since fox has the landmaster, I say wolfen. Definitely.

boltfreak6

Smash Cadet
I think if Falco is in along with wolf that falco would get the arwing and wolf would get the team starwolf. But if Wolf is in alone than wolf would get the Wolfen.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I think I remember reading that guy's original posts back on Gamefaqs. At first I simply just brushed him off as another person tossing out false information just to kill time, but at the same time I couldn't shake off the feeling that maybe he's telling the truth. I really don't want to give myself any false hope, but after predicting the Dragoon parts, I can't help but think he knows something that he shouldn't know.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Since this rumor popped up, Wolf has been talked about a bit more lately. Though it's unfortunate that most of these discussions are just people tossing out bad excuses for his exclusion. I swear, everywhere I go I see people posting stuff like "Dark Fox is Wolf" and "Wolf can't have different moves than Fox."

Patinator

Smash Champion
I hope that rumor's right! I also hope that we'll eventually clear up the tattered brains of idiots. -_-;

We need an advertisement for this thread somehow. ROFL.

ALSO, AN ANNOUNCEMENT, FELLOW PEOPLE. Tomorrow (Hopefully...), a newcomer to this thread will appear... A friend of mine, really...

...Someone who supports Wolf more than some CURRENT Squadron members O_O

I give you... The B-

(SHUT UP NOOB!)

...Yes master...

...T_T

Stryks

Smash Hero
WTF?! When did u guys made a new thread?! Im one of the founders and yet no one told me anything?! >:(

... well im a bit dissapointed cause no one even mentioned me >.>, anyway I need a SWS member to be in issue 0 in the comic, so I dont know who to pick...

oh put this on the 1st page:

Limit

Smash Apprentice
The guy who leaked the Wolf information that was posted above just commented on the thread, apparently trying to emphasize that everything he said has credibility.

A lot of skeptics say that some of the things he mentioned seemed inaccurate, like Wolf being playable. While it's probably true that Wolf is in the game, they assume he meant AT or otherwise. If that was the case, then why would Wolf be included with all the other obvious playable characters like Captain Falcon and Ganondorf? The others aren't too much of a stretch either. I don't have any doubts on this one...

While I hate false leaks as much as the next person, anything piece of info that gains Wolf's favor is something I just can't seem to disagree with. I'd give anything for this rumor to be true.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
It sure is quiet around here.

Hello, Wolf supporters. I'm happy to say I support him also :)

Btw, I'm the one Patinator mentioned!
Welcome to the boards.

Anyway, if your looking for a new argument to put up on the first post, I've been seeing one lately. Occasionally I see people posting "If the developers wanted Wolf in Brawl more than Falco or Krystal, they would've put him in SSBM". My response is that SSBM was released 6 years ago, back then Wolf wasn't exactly a major character so it doesn't come as much of a surprise that Falco was chosen. Despite being excluded from SSBM, Wolf had several cameo appearances. The most notable is during the game's opening intro. Also, during the Corneria stage, Wolfen ships occasionally act as stage hazards in place of Arwings. Lastly, the Wolfen trophy's ( Which cannot be obtained through the lottery ) description describes Wolf as Fox's "most persistant rival". This obviously is proof the developers are well aware of Wolf's existence and role in the series. There's also the possibility he may have even been considered for SSBM's roster.

raul

Smash Lord
Attention Thread and Squadro Members

I'm skeptical as always of this rumor, but I would like to see this become true.

An announcement to all:

I will be leaving for Florida for a 2 week vacation sometime this afternoon. My time will be limited to the thread discussion, even while I am still bringing my laptop. I ask that you PM any of the other Founding Members with any major concerns, emergencies, or if you're looking a for a timely response. However, I will still be around, just not as frequently.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
In the character support index thread, Wolf is color coded as deconfirmed. :/ People who think the color change looks anything like Wolf need to get their eyes checked.

raul

Smash Lord
I read it and he'd still be a clone
That argument has been crushed more times than I can count. And you may have read the first post, but clearly you choose to disregaurd it. I don't mind your opinion, but let's see if you can back that statment up with ideas or thoughts. Anyone can throw a one-liner around.

I guess you lack imagination then.
Agreed.

In the character support index thread, Wolf is color coded as deconfirmed. :/ People who think the color change looks anything like Wolf need to get their eyes checked.
Again, I agree.

U obviously lack imagination, by ur logic being a swordsmen I think Isaac would jut be a clone of Ike or link, u see wolf can easily be original, give him a claw based moveset and ur good to go...
That's a good thought I overlooked.

The whole clone argument sucks because anyone can be a clone, as we've seen and anyone can be original. It is a matter of whether Nintendo will do it or not.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
I do not believe Wolf will be in Brawl, though I would be fine if he was.

The Starfox series is not a very large Nintendo series. Therefore, I believe it will get 3 characters at most. Fox is already in, so there's one down. Krystal has risen in importance in the last 3 games, and would be very unique, so that's most likely 2. So, the last possible spot would come down to either Wolf or Falco.

I honestly believe Falco has more things going for him than Wolf. Falco was in Melee. That is one advantage.

Another advantage is why he was in Melee. The reason was that Starfox 64 was very popular, in America especially. Sakurai decided to go with the 2nd most popular character from that game, Falco. Starfox 64 is also the most popular and well-received game in the series. Why does that matter? Well, take a look at the Metroid series. Any Metroid fan will tell you Sakurai is favoring Super Metroid, the most popular and well-received game in that series. Falco>Wolf again in that regard.

Another advantage Falco has going for him is recognizability. Falco appears in every Starfox game, something that Wolf cannot claim. If you've played the original Starfox you likely recognize Falco, but Wolf wasn't in that game. If you played 64 it is even harder to forget Falco's voice and personality, though I'll admit Wolf played a memorable part in that game, just not as memorable due to lack of screen time. If you beat Adventures, it is kind of hard to forget Falco's memorable role at the end. Granted, Wolf had more story importance in Assault and Command. Falco still had plenty of screen time in those games though. I already mentioned Falco's appearance in Melee, the best-selling game for the GCN.

As for the order of appeance point about characters in the 1st post. None of the characters who were secrets in either of the past games have been shown. Pichu and Roy will likely not return. I for one have come to believe Ness is cut, and Lucas was put in simply so that Claus could logically be put in. PT was shown before 'Puff and Mewtwo because they are unlockable. Same with Ike and Marth.

Falco was popular both among professionals and casual players in Melee.

For all of the reasons I've stated above, I believe Falco will be in, and Wolf will not be.

(Don't let my avatar fool you. I'm by no means a Falco "fanboy." He was my main in Melee, but even if he was to come back, he would almost certainly have a new move set. Also, Starfox 64 is possibly my favorite Nintendo game of all time, and I also highly enjoyed Wolf's role in the game. I'm just being realistic.)

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I read it and he'd still be a clone
The only reason a character would be a clone of another is if the developers wanted him/her to be that way.

Intercept - While you do make some good points. Your entire argument is based on Falco's role in Star Fox 64. Of course that was a good reason to include him as a playable character in SSBM. However, Star Fox 64 was ten years ago, since then we've had three new Star Fox games released. In the two most recent of those three, Wolf's role has increased and he can now probably be considered a major character in the series. Falco on the other hand, along with Slippy, has still been stuck with his role as being just another member of Star Fox. I really can only count two important things Falco has done recently.

You last mentioned his popularity. I won't doubt his popularity as playable character in SSBM. But I'm also more than positive it wouldn't exist if he weren't a Fox clone. Not to mention, according to the Melee poll results, Ness was the second most popular character, yet the only thing that saved his inclusion was Mother 3's delay.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
White Lightning, you just can't ignore Starfox 64's importance. It was the most popular and acclaimed game in the series. As was Super Metroid, or Mother 3 in Japan, which is where Sakurai takes most things from the series from.

Lucas would have also served as an advertisement in Melee though. If Wolf were to star in his own upcoming game, I would consider him highly likely.

I gave my reason for why I think Lucas most likely replaced Ness in this game. Claus. He was the most demanded Mother character and fits in nicely with the SSE and the amount of villains in the game. Don't you think it would be a bit strange to have Ness and Claus as Mother's reps, with Lucas strangely lacking?

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to doubt that SF64 remains the most memorable of the series. But I don't think that's where Sakurai plans to base the Star Fox content. For instance, Fox's design is based off his appearance in Star Fox Command, while Andross has his appearance from the original game.

As for Lucas and Claus, both of them were equally requested in that "poll". From what I've heard it's not actually the official Brawl poll results, and that the results still have yet to be revealed.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
I do believe I recall, Sakurai saying something about Claus being more heavily requested because of his secret, but maybe that was someone else.

Also, in series that are still going strong, like Starfox or LoZ, they go with the most recent look. Metroid has been dead since Super Metroid in Japan's eyes and there will never be another Mother game.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to doubt that SF64 remains the most memorable of the series. But I don't think that's where Sakurai plans to base the Star Fox content. For instance, Fox's design is based off his appearance in Star Fox Command, while Andross has his appearance from the original game.
Actually most of the Star Fox content seems to come from Star Fox 64

-Fox's design isn't completely from Command, only his face. However, his clothes is an updated design of his 64 outfit.
-The Arwings seen in Brawl are the Arwings from Star Fox 64
-Also, the Great Fox can be seen in the Lylat Cruise stage. Yup, it's the 64 one.

Man, I hope the Final Smash tank means that Star Fox Wii is coming XD

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Actually most of the Star Fox content seems to come from Star Fox 64

-Fox's design isn't completely from Command, only his face. However, his clothes is an updated design of his 64 outfit.
-The Arwings seen in Brawl are the Arwings from Star Fox 64
-Also, the Great Fox can be seen in the Lylat Cruise stage. Yup, it's the 64 one.

Man, I hope the Final Smash tank means that Star Fox Wii is coming XD
- Fox's 64 outfit is the same as his Command outfit
- It's not easy to tell since the Arwing's design hasn't changed much throughout the series, but I can tell based on that one screenshot that it's from a more recent game.
- Do you have a screenshot of this?

Limit

Smash Apprentice
According to the rumors lately, it sounds like Sakurai is just throwing in the towel on this debate and giving Star Fox 4 reps...just to make everybody happy. He knows what we want in this game above all else - characters - and I have confidence that he will deliver. A lack of characters in this game would surely be the biggest and most glaring disappointment of them all.

I've given my share of thought on the matter, and while I personally feel that Falco is the odd man out, this character debate is arguably one of the closest. Leave Wolf behind or drop Falco, either scenario Sakurai faces a heavy lose-lose situation. Only by including both will each fan base win. So, let's be optimistic here.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
White, the Arwings and the great fox are from SF64. His suit is also more a combination of his command and 64 looks sadly, because SF 64 > everything.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
White, the Arwings and the great fox are from SF64. His suit is also more a combination of his command and 64 looks sadly, because SF 64 > everything.
The Arwing is a more recent model. I can understand people making the misconception, so I decided to point out the differences.

http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arwingfa2.jpg This is from Brawl
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arwing2nh3.jpg This is from SF 64

Notice the parts circled in red. I'm not sure what exactly it's called, but you can clearly tell in the SF 64 model that the blue top is larger than the bottom while in Brawl both the top and bottom are pretty equal in size, just like in Command. I understand it's only a small difference, but like I said earlier, the Arwing's design hasn't changed much throughout the series.

http://news.soft32.com/wp-content/upload/nintendo/starfox_NDS.jpg

Limit - I hope it turns out with all four as well. It's probably a tough choice for Sakurai, would he rather include Wolf at the cost of Krystal or Falco to keep an alignment balance on the roster or include both Krystal and Falco to please more fans? Movesets aren't a problem either, Krystal could easily be unique, Falco could be "Luigi-fied", and Wolf could get a moveset involving weapons from Assault.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Actually all that shows is that he is using the all range mode of of the wings for the Arwings and that he is defiantly not using the mundane design of the command ships and is using the more Star wars esque design of the SF 64 Arwings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom