• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Wolf O'Donnell Support Thread: Home of the StarWolf Squadron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Wolf and Falco are tied as my favorite Starfox character so I hope at least one of them gets in. Of course, now that I said this, Murphy's law will kick in and we won't get either...:ohwell:

Patinator

Smash Champion
LOL. I think some people would agree. But not me!

But is it possible to have so many awesome characters onscreen? THINK!

Ridley and Wolf and (Especially) Captain Falcon and (Insert pwnful character here) all on YOUR television screen!*

*If certain characters are confirmed. Anyone know the adress of Sakurai? ...And a place that sells bazookas...?

>:D FEAR ME SKRAI!!!!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
LOL. I think some people would agree. But not me!

But is it possible to have so many awesome characters onscreen? THINK!

Ridley and Wolf and (Especially) Captain Falcon and (Insert pwnful character here) all on YOUR television screen!*

*If certain characters are confirmed. Anyone know the adress of Sakurai? ...And a place that sells bazookas...?

>:D FEAR ME SKRAI!!!!
What is with your annoying enthusiasm?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I wonder if Wolf will replace Falco.. because I think it would be hard for Star fox to pull 4 reps, if Falco did get in.
Many are wondering the same question, one possible answer can be found in my arguments: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3516356&postcount=83 Thank you for reading back a little before posting.

On another note, I whiped this up in photoshop:

For those in favor of the more compact support tags rather than the long sweeping banners.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, Biggie Smalls...

...I'm just an enthusiastic person.

But then again, I thought I got rid of my gung-ho-ness in the Ridley thread...

I'M ANNOYING, HUH?! T_T

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
I, Stealth309, want to join this alliance. As my first argument, I state that Wolf should use a machine gun as a B neutral and have a Luigi-fied moveset to Fox. What I mean is that he should have some of the same moves as Fox, but mostly unique. That's how most people want Falco and Wolf to be.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I, Stealth309, want to join this alliance. As my first argument, I state that Wolf should use a machine gun as a B neutral and have a Luigi-fied moveset to Fox. What I mean is that he should have some of the same moves as Fox, but mostly unique. That's how most people want Falco and Wolf to be.
No guns.. *cough* snake *cough*

Patinator

Smash Champion
DeuceBlade has a point, actually. Perhaps something that is more cartoony. Snake still has stuff like rocket launchers, mines, and a hand grenade. Perhaps just a machine gun that fires short Blaster bullets, IE made of energy/plasma.

raul

Smash Lord
Hey look, I finally posted Chaos_Leader's argument for Wolf on the first post, so everyone needs to check that out. You should all def read it, asap.

As far as th gun argument goes, I think Wolf could have a machine type gun like suggested, but it would obviously fire lasers rather than bullets. Afterall, Fox has a laser gun, Falco had a laser gun, why not a machine laser gun? Snake may habe gernades and a rocket launcher, but does that stop other characters from having gun like projectile weapons? I think not.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
on the other side of that argument: Since real, gunpowder propelled firearms are not in SSBB, this opens up the probability of weapons with similar traits that fire laser/plasma/whatever. The StarFox series is a perfect vehicle to fill this niche. where snake has explosives, Wolf/Falco would have Sci-Fi projectile weapons.

boltfreak6

Smash Cadet
More people need to sign the petition in my sig and on first page

Also I would like to be a member in the starwolf squadron

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter if Wolf is playable or not, but sometime, anytime during the game, he needs to say the classic "Can't let you do that, Star Fox." That would multiply the game's incredibleness tenfold.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
yall really went all out on it, i have to admit im not a supporter of him but after reading the first page that was **** nice. i use star fox charcters anyways (besides falco). support krystal more but his third on my list right after shadow and krystal after reading that. nice job

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
Don't you love how weapons that make one small hole in you aren't allowed in a game to keep it at a T rating. While explosives and rocket launchers which potentially tear limbs off and rip bodies to shreds ARE allowed.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Don't you love how weapons that make one small hole in you aren't allowed in a game to keep it at a T rating. While explosives and rocket launchers which potentially tear limbs off and rip bodies to shreds ARE allowed.
Well, the explosions in such cartoony games like Smash Bros. are pretty fake looking, it's more like a solar flare than an explosion.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
"After much consideration, we decided to have Snake refrain from using real-world guns"
From Snake's character page on the old DOJO: http://web.archive.org/web/20060616050048/www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/index.html

the key phrase in this quote is "real-world guns". I don't think I've seen a single StarFox game where any of the characters fire a gunpowder-based firearm. (Those more familiar with StarFox Assault could enlighten me if this is not the case) since there won't be real-world firearms in Smash Bros, the StarFox series is the perfect vehicle to use weapons with similar traits to real-world, bullet-firing weapons which would otherwise be unusable. (I may have posted something like this before...anyways)

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if Wolf is playable or not, but sometime, anytime during the game, he needs to say the classic "Can't let you do that, Star Fox." That would multiply the game's incredibleness tenfold.
If he makes it as a playable character, he should say that during one of his taunts.

raul

Smash Lord
We won't every see anything close to real weaponry in SSB games because Nintendo is more of a family company. The best we've got is rocket launchers and gernades, but I don't even mind that. Real life weapons would take away the cartoony vibe of SSB. Remember Shadow the Hedgehog's game where he used real guns? LAME! Worst game in the Sonic franchise ever! Star Fox characters will use plasma guns, lasers, deflector shields, and I personally would like to see someone use a cannon, but that is a mere dream. We will not see real world weapons. The explosions are not that bad compared to Melee and such. Oh, and there is nothing wrong with a good solar flare.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The problem with the "real world weapons" argument is that there are rumours that the U.S. is actually developing (or at least trying to develop) an actual laser gun. So what happens if it comes to fruitation? Does Fox get cut from Smash Bros? Heck, for that matter, would the entire Starfox franchise be dropped?

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
The problem with the "real world weapons" argument is that there are rumours that the U.S. is actually developing (or at least trying to develop) an actual laser gun. So what happens if it comes to fruitation? Does Fox get cut from Smash Bros? Heck, for that matter, would the entire Starfox franchise be dropped?
The U.S. already has a concentrated laser to use for taking down planes and rockets.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know what I can see for Wolf...And as much as I don't care about the Starfox series I'd really love to see Fox, Falco, Krystal, and Wolf make the cut. Assuming Falco retains his basic moveset, with a few alterations to make him less clone-like, he and Fox would be the brawlers, Krystal would have her unique staff, and I'd kinda like to see Wolf as a weapons guy. A jack-o-all trades like Samus, Link, and Snake. Sniper Lazer anyone?

D

Deleted member

Would it be to much to hassle if all 4 Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf to get in?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
That is one of The questions of SSBB, If i had my way, they'd all be in. but since we all-too-often don't get our way, we have to be prepared to make reasonable compromises (in this case, removing one of the stated above) time will tell us, eventually, until then, happy speculations!
and merry Christmas also

Danon

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. Sak said he wanted both more females and baddies. Falco's status could get a little hairy, but not likely. I say if we don't get two reps (Fox and Krystal) we'll get four (Wolf and Falco).

Wolf's chance are as high as ever, as it looks that every antagonist is being used as a SSE bad guy (Wario and Bowser....Wario is even less of a villain than Wolf)

The biggest thing that makes me support Wolf is his little cameo in the Melee intro. You know, like Ridley, He's on Sak's mind.
Plus think of a two on one boss fight, where the player has to fight Wolf and Ridley at the same time!

Happy Speculations indeed.

raul

Smash Lord
I don't think so. Sak said he wanted both more females and baddies. Falco's status could get a little hairy, but not likely. I say if we don't get two reps (Fox and Krystal) we'll get four (Wolf and Falco).

Wolf's chance are as high as ever, as it looks that every antagonist is being used as a SSE bad guy (Wario and Bowser....Wario is even less of a villain than Wolf)

The biggest thing that makes me support Wolf is his little cameo in the Melee intro. You know, like Ridley, He's on Sak's mind.
Plus think of a two on one boss fight, where the player has to fight Wolf and Ridley at the same time!

Happy Speculations indeed.
Actually, the way the SSE movies are turning out, I would speculate a King K.Rool/Wolf O'Donnell fight vs. Fox/Diddy Kong after they battle that stupid pokemon thing or whatever he is. Still I agree with you that Wolf's chances are as high as they can be. It only makes sense to include Wolf at this time.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Wolf and Krystal should both be included, give Fox his damsel and his rival. I guess a good Final Smash for Wolf would be riding his ship and fire at his enemies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Stupid Pokemon thing? How dare you.

But anyway, if more people begin to learn about US laser weapons, I draw this conclusion:

The next Star Fox game like Assault or even SSB4 (If) will be rated M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom