• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was speaking character slots. I mean having more pokemon than mario characters is dumb, since mario basically IS nintendo.
So wait.....what you're saying is it's fine if Pokemon has more playable characters than Mario but if Pokemon has more space given to it on the character select screen that's a big no no?

I feel like your priorities are a bit crossed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Melee just had an awful roster in general, and compared to what it could have realistically been, definitely the worst in the series. The roster part clearly got rushed, and as such, shouldn't be really be used against a character not making it in then.
The only reason I'd consider this roster better than Melee's is because of the Brawl newcomers, I think that when looking at newcomer pools this will definitely be the worst if this is all there is to it.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The only reason I'd consider this roster better than Melee's is because of the Brawl newcomers, I think that when looking at newcomer pools this will definitely be the worst if this is all there is to it.
If the revealed plus remaining Gematsu three was truly it (and as gone over before, it's pretty unlikely that it actually is), it would still be better than Melee's; none of the newcomers are blatantly undeserving and redundant (whereas Melee had Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, and arguably Roy, a significant portion of its newcomer roster, while also having Ganondorf and Falco as clones), and only the Miis are any sort of clone (who are essentially customisable composite characters, so such a design is more sensible for them). Sure it would be a bit underwhelming, and too focused on newer representation outside the third parties, but it wouldn't be truly awful like Melee's was.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If the revealed plus remaining Gematsu three was truly it (and as gone over before, it's pretty unlikely that it actually is), it would still be better than Melee's; none of the newcomers are blatantly undeserving and redundant (whereas Melee had Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, and arguably Roy, a significant portion of its newcomer roster, while also having Ganondorf and Falco as clones), and only the Miis are any sort of clone (who are essentially customisable composite characters, so such a design is more sensible for them). Sure it would be a bit underwhelming, and too focused on newer representation outside the third parties, but it wouldn't be truly awful like Melee's was.
But on the other side it doesn't have any Nintendo newcomers that are as great as Bowser, Peach or Zelda, with a 100% lack of heavy weights. I can also mention some newcomers I'd call undeserving, but I'm going to keep that to myself so I won't drive this off into off-topic land.

That's exactly what I was saying. It wouldn't be right seeing 6 Pokemon slots right under 5 mario slots.
Considering how Yoshi, Wario, and even DK technically fit in under the Mario universe I don't think it's going to look odd at all, a franchise icon won't change that.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The August Direct shall be pretty interesting. Who will be shown there? Shulk, Chrom or the Chorus Men?

If that is all the newcomers we are going to get, then the amount of secret newcomers is going to be the lowest it has ever been. It also means that, assuming Ridley is just a boss, that Sakurai is going to look really bad in the eyes of many fans especially for not straight-up disconfirming Ridley from the beginning.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I really hope Shulk is confirmed soon. He's the character I'm waiting for the most and by far, since I played Xenoblade Chronicles. I consider the game will have something mising if he's not playable. How many people there finished, or at least played Xenoblade ? :)

D

Deleted member 245254

The August Direct shall be pretty interesting. Who will be shown there? Shulk, Chrom or the Chorus Men?

If that is all the newcomers we are going to get, then the amount of secret newcomers is going to be the lowest it has ever been. It also means that, assuming Ridley is just a boss, that Sakurai is going to look really bad in the eyes of many fans especially for not straight-up disconfirming Ridley from the beginning.
Trust me, not everyone is thinking like you.

I never thought Ridley would be in, don't care if he is or isn't, and never even felt like he was teased. If the inevitable lack of his inclusion really ends up disappointing you that much just remember to try and keep it in perspective.

I really hope Shulk is confirmed soon. He's the character I'm waiting for the most and by far, since I played Xenoblade Chronicles. I consider the game will have something mising if he's not playable. How many people there finished, or at least played Xenoblade ? :)
Not really an on-topic question.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's really funny. I'm excited for Shulk and I haven't played Xenoblade yet. I'll be picking it up today though, so may my hype for Shulk skyrocket.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I never thought Ridley would be in, don't care if he is or isn't, and never even felt like he was teased. If the inevitable lack of his inclusion really ends up disappointing you that much just remember to try and keep it in perspective.
I already assumed that Ridley would most likely not be in since the Direct anyways. That said, a lot of people supported Ridley, so there will be a lot of backlash.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the quite offf-topic question. I've known about this leak only recently, right when I started to think that Shulk would never get in. There's some hope now, and Chorus men woul dbe awesome aswell !
However I'm not that hyped for Chrom, maybe that's because I haven't played FE:Awakening yet, but imo he should have replaced Ike and if there's a third FE character, it should be a woman. And why is Lyn an assis-trophy again… That's really sad :(

Louie G.

Smash Hero
That could be said about a few other newcomers too. Sakurai most definitely hasn't outright ignored Mewtwo though, he has most likely been on the priority list regardless of whether or not he makes it on launch, and even if he isn't on the roster on launch he's pretty much a lock for DLC, so you'll get him eventually. Same thing can't be said about Ridley or K. Rool who are newcomers that'd have been present on launch if Sakurai wanted them to ever be in.
I was using this against Young Marth because he had said the same thing about Ridley a few days ago. Mewtwo's popularity trumps Ridley's for sure. If leaving out Ridley is inconsiderate then leaving out Mewtwo is a sin.

I think it would be stupid of Sakurai to leave Mewtwo out, but like you said he's almost definitely DLC if not on the immediate roster.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

It could very well be either of the 3 to show up on August's Nintendo Direct. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Not directly related to the Sal leak, but since people are debating about Mewtwo, I figured I might as well drop this here.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700/sakurai-considering-mewtwo-for-next-smash-bros-games

Sakurai spoke up at a Pokemon roundtable last year saying he was "thinking about" adding Mewtwo. Since its been confirmed that the roster was finalized a few years back, Sakurai already knew at this point weather or not Mewtwo was in the game. Sakurai knows about fan demand, and I doubt he would speak up like that at a conference for a completely different game if he knew the answer was no. Add in that he would get a slot before the likes of an XY pokemon and the fact that he was a last minute cut from brawl. Mewtwo is most likely in this game.

On the topic of the leak itself, I feel if theres a newcomer in the August direct it would be Chorus Kids. They seem more like a starter character than Chrom and Shulk do, and August is the month their original game was released IIRC (although anniversaries dont usually mean much)

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Not directly related to the Sal leak, but since people are debating about Mewtwo, I figured I might as well drop this here.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700/sakurai-considering-mewtwo-for-next-smash-bros-games

Sakurai spoke up at a Pokemon roundtable last year saying he was "thinking about" adding Mewtwo. Since its been confirmed that the roster was finalized a few years back, Sakurai already knew at this point weather or not Mewtwo was in the game. Sakurai knows about fan demand, and I doubt he would speak up like that at a conference for a completely different game if he knew the answer was no. Add in that he would get a slot before the likes of an XY pokemon and the fact that he was a last minute cut from brawl. Mewtwo is most likely in this game.

On the topic of the leak itself, I feel if theres a newcomer in the August direct it would be Chorus Kids. They seem more like a starter character than Chrom and Shulk do, and August is the month their original game was released IIRC (although anniversaries dont usually mean much)
Or could mean DLC

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Lots of presumably secret characters have been revealed.
I think Falco will be secret, but you never know.

However it's a strange week to reveal him.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
With the exception of Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and MAYBE a character from Mother, all the remaining veterans seem like they would be unlockables. Which makes me think that that is what they are, and that everyone we've seen so far are starters.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
With the exception of Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and MAYBE a character from Mother, all the remaining veterans seem like they would be unlockables. Which makes me think that that is what they are, and that everyone we've seen so far are starters.
Yeah. Besides Luigi and the third-parties.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There have definitely been some reveals that are hidden characters.

Luigi/Toonlink/Lucario are the most likely, along with all of the third parties (which were shown off beforehand in brawl, but were unlockable)

no, we definitely have had at least a few unlockables revealed

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah. Besides Luigi and the third-parties.
Not even sure about Luigi to be honest.

Ness/Lucas, Captain Falcon, Jiggly Puff, Mewtwo, Falco, Wolf, Mr. Game and Watch, and ROB all scream hidden characters to me, and it would make sense to upgrade a few people to starters if we are to have a few more hidden new comers.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Here's what I feel about all the characters

-Cut Lucas. Add King K. Rool.
-Veterans hidden in Brawl + Palutena, Greninja, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men, Mega Man, and Pac-Man as secret characters

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I think we will have 54 different characters. A lot of people say we will have 48 or 52 but if you look on the website there will be 9 slots each set. 48 or 52 would not work with 9 slots a set. So my opinion is we got 54 characters. All from Brawl - Lucas - Snake - Iyvsaur and Squritle. + Mewtwo, Isaac, mabye Baby Bowser Ghirahim or another character that complete 6 Series Mario or Zelda because of Mewtwo.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Falco is definitely an easy guess... but this leak guessing "when" is what interests me. If he's right, He could have a chunk of info and just wants to stir things up or this leak could actually be real.

And/But it's falling in line with sal/gematsu which kind of puts it in a neutral position. Going with a piece of an already highly believed leak but also saying it's not confirming or deconfirming said leak to safely set it's self apart

Anyhow Falco's reveal out the way would be nice since bae prolly not gettin' this game if he ain't in.

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Also posters ON gamefaqs are replying as if he's a trusted source, anyone ever even heard of him?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Ryan.

Smash Lord
^ Bad news also being Lucas cut. Hope that leak is fake. Although having Mewtwo again would be nice.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ok if this is real

(The big part is falco will be revealed this week.)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69503255

The good news mewtwo can be added the list with the other 3 of the sal leak

The bad news king k rool deconfirmed.
This would be pretty terrible as it'd indicate that Sakurai doesn't view K. Rool as character material, but boss material instead, in which case I'd begin to question his views on the character roster more than I already do. It'd also lop K. Rool in the unfortunate position of not being possible for DLC, it'd make him a lame buff pinata, and it'd give people who aren't DKC fans a skewed view of him, especially in regards to size. There are many DKC bosses they should choose as a stage boss instead of K. Rool, he doesn't fit very well into that role at all.

Mewtwo is not worth that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom