• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I agree with your sentiment. Assuming Chrom, Shulk and the Chorus Men are all we have left in terms of newcomers, only two of them would be secret characters not shown pre-release. Remember that there will be one more Direct in August.
There's still the likely prospect of DLC but I'm not holding out for it to be a huge game changer. Maybe one or two completely original characters with everyone else (if there is anyone else) either being semiclones that will cause a spectacular amount of butthurt (think Ganondorf levels of butthurt) or cut characters from Brawl who they didn't have time to put in.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I actually hope the August Direct brings us a newcomer not part of this leak, since a lot of people seem to think Chrom, Chorus Men, and Shulk are the last three newcomers. Hopefully they aren't but we'll see.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Ok if this is real

(The big part is falco will be revealed this week.)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69503255

The good news mewtwo can be added the list with the other 3 of the sal leak

The bad news king k rool deconfirmed.
Just in case it gets taken down here's the "Petilil" leak:

Petilil:

A guy I know who works for the marketing department of Nintendo has given me a little bit of info about the game as a result of promotional materials he has seen, and while I can't completely confirm or deny the Sal Roman leak with what he has, he said that Shulk is definitely in and Lucas is definitely out, which lines up with Sal's info. Additionally, Mewtwo is playable and King K. Rool is a boss on a new DK stage based off of the Gangplank Galleon stage. As for credibility, obviously I have none, so he said to say that Falco is supposed to be revealed this week. So, that basically gives him a very small window of opportunity to be proven fake.
personally im expecting 48 characters. squirtle, ivysaur, lucas, snake cut + gematsu + the rest of brawl + mewtwo.

I've been believing this cause of the rosalinax leak that said 48 with 4 cuts AND the fact rosalinax mentioned lucas probably being cut (everyone is ignoring this fact that NOW lines up with the sal/gematsu leak perfectly).

If gematsu gave us all the "newcomers" it would make sense mewtwo, like charizard, wasnt mentioned because hes a "special case" veteran (being a melee vet but not a brawl vet) and we'd end up with 48 characters.

dont know if this new leak is real or not but we'll see if falco shows up, either way this is what i've thought the roster will be for a while now.

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
I was using this against Young Marth because he had said the same thing about Ridley a few days ago. Mewtwo's popularity trumps Ridley's for sure. If leaving out Ridley is inconsiderate then leaving out Mewtwo is a sin.

I think it would be stupid of Sakurai to leave Mewtwo out, but like you said he's almost definitely DLC if not on the immediate roster.

I've said before that I think mewtwo is gonna be dlc not already in the game .____.

LOL wait a minute, how would he know that Lucas is cut from promotional material?
That's what i was sayin the other day. And how would he only know about Lucas??

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

personally im expecting 48 characters. squirtle, ivysaur, lucas, snake cut + gematsu + the rest of brawl + mewtwo.

I've been believing this cause of the rosalinax leak that said 48 with 4 cuts AND the fact rosalinax mentioned lucas probably being cut (everyone is ignoring this fact that NOW lines up with the sal/gematsu leak perfectly).

If gematsu gave us all the "newcomers" it would make sense mewtwo, like charizard, wasnt mentioned because hes a "special case" veteran (being a melee vet but not a brawl vet) and we'd end up with 48 characters.

dont know if this new leak is real or not but we'll see if falco shows up, either way this is what i've thought the roster will be for a while now.
RosalinaX is another pile of ****, dunno why people keep bringing it up. RosalinaX got one guess right with several others that were completely wrong, and the one guess (inside drifting would be nerfed in Mario Kart 8) was something that anyone could guess.

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
So I just bought Xenoblade, and...
Sal Leak confirmed real. First Rhythm Heaven at Smashfest, now this. This cannot be a coincidence. :4pacman:

Heh heh I love that game but you better prep for a LOT of grinding.

I would NEVER trust something leaked on gamefaqs

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
"I assume ness will be back, but idk about lucas."

Just an even vaguer statement about Ness v Lucas that doesn't really state anything, and like the rest of RosalinaX's "leaks", something many people were predicting, just in very vague wording. RosalinaX is not credible. Read all of this, and stop trying to line RosalinaX with this.

MissingNumbers

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissingN
3DS FC
1048-8190-3701
On the subject of DLC, I'm fairly confident that only cut characters will get shipped for the game. Adding any new characters would probably cause problems with the next Smash game. That's just my two cents, though.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I actually hope the August Direct brings us a newcomer not part of this leak, since a lot of people seem to think Chrom, Chorus Men, and Shulk are the last three newcomers. Hopefully they aren't but we'll see.
What about Isaac?

There's still the likely prospect of DLC but I'm not holding out for it to be a huge game changer. Maybe one or two completely original characters with everyone else (if there is anyone else) either being semiclones that will cause a spectacular amount of butthurt (think Ganondorf levels of butthurt) or cut characters from Brawl who they didn't have time to put in.
Not exactly filling me with hype. At least the Brawl veterans would be interesting.

*sigh* So this is what is likely to happen, eh? At least there is Pac-Man, Mega Man, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager. Greninja's also cool. Several newcomers that I find to be awesome is better than none.

On the subject of DLC, I'm fairly confident that only cut characters will get shipped for the game. Adding any new characters would probably cause problems with the next Smash game. That's just my two cents, though.
Newcomer semi-clone characters that were planned are also possible as DLC. Think chracaters like the ones from the Forbidden 7, like Toon Zelda and Dixie.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I agree with Fatmanonice, I'm not really expecting much out of the potential DLC either, they will probably contain any characters they couldn't finish up in time, so kinda like Brawl's "Forbidden Seven" with a couple unique characters and several semi-clones and all. I would think Lucas (and any other potential Brawl cuts) would probably be included through this too.

Otherwise, I would be quite surprised if we got anything more than that really. :/

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So basically, if Falco is revealed this week, it would imply Lucas cut and K.Rool as a boss ?
I dunno, but looking at all those newcomers, I wonder if Ridley, K.Rool and Isaac won't be playable BECAUSE we want them, putting unwanted, easy to guess or controversial characters instead (don't say you prefer WFT over Ridley, you are lying). Damn it. I really have a bad feeling about those characters being the only ones we will have. Maybe add a Tetris newcomer, with blocks forming a human or whatever.

But why would Sakurai repeats the same mistake of giving us 3/4 of the newcomers before release ?
Looking at the gematsu leak... I could understand why he didn't predict Rosalina - not planned for e3, thus leaving a bit of hope concerning newcomers.
But now, without adding any new character in his last leak... god I really expect a 47 characters roster now.
I don't care, Sal, even fake a leak, but tell us that we will have at least 50 characters, PLEASE ! :alakadoof:

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Not only specials count; the majority of the Miis' moves are blatantly taken from other characters. With that said, I approve of it, since they're pretty much a customisable composite character, and this would have significantly reduce the development drain they could have been.
A lot of their normals look pretty unique, with some looking derivative (a problem non-clone characters already suffer).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't see why everyone has a problem with a 47-48 character roster.

I mean that's kind of what we expected for a while anyway.

D

Deleted member

I'll be happy if we're above Brawl's 39. I'm just happy we're getting a new Smash game.

technically, if all possibilities for Mii are counted, the roster exceeds 200 characters

Last edited by a moderator:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
"I assume ness will be back, but idk about lucas."

Just an even vaguer statement about Ness v Lucas that doesn't really state anything, and like the rest of RosalinaX's "leaks", something many people were predicting, just in very vague wording. RosalinaX is not credible. Read all of this, and stop trying to line RosalinaX with this.
I read the "investigation" of rosalinax and its inconclusive at best (if the point was to disprove it) and at worst it claimed to disprove rosalinax while inadvertently finding the BEST piece of evidence that it might be legit; the best piece of evidence being THAT quote "I assume ness will be back, but idk about lucas."

at the time not very convincing of the leak being real BUT now that sal/gematsu has said the same thing i think rosalinax also has REAL information.

this was WAY before sal/gematsu said pretty much the same thing and people used it to say "sounds like something a faker would say so that means it must be fake" which is extremely faulty reasoning for casting out a leak. We are now honestly looking at a high likely hood of 48 characters and a high likely hood of 4 cuts and i'm sorry if some people put a lot of time into disproving rosalinax but it has not been disproved and in all honesty its lining up with the extremely credible sal/gematsu leak as time has gone on and people had already cast it aside.

I'll stop talking about it if people really feel it is an unpopular opinion to believe it but i think this is a perfect example of "leak busting" gone over board where we throw out leaks without truly proving them fake and in the process lose REAL information. I'm trying to figure out the roster not just "beat the leaks" and i see more reasons to believe rosalinax then to not at this point so this is what im going with but again ill stop talking about it if people don't want to hear it.

I will however say that if the reason roslainax is "fake" is because people already made up their minds that it MUST be fake BEFORE the co-relation of "lucas probably being cut" came out of both leaks then i highly suggest looking up "cofirmation bias", taking a step back from your set in stone beliefs, and reexamining whats going on with these 2 leaks.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I'll be happy if we're above Brawl's 39. I'm just happy we're getting a new Smash game.

technically, if all possibilities for Mii are counted, the roster exceeds 200 characters
snoop, dre, ice-cube and eazy-e confirmed for br4wl

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I read the "investigation" of rosalinax and its inconclusive at best (if the point was to disprove it) and at worst it claimed to disprove rosalinax while inadvertently finding the BEST piece of evidence that it might be legit; the best piece of evidence being THAT quote "I assume ness will be back, but idk about lucas."

at the time not very convincing of the leak being real BUT now that sal/gematsu has said the same thing i think rosalinax also has REAL information.

this was WAY before sal/gematsu said pretty much the same thing and people used it to say "sounds like something a faker would say so that means it must be fake" which is extremely faulty reasoning for casting out a leak. We are now honestly looking at a high likely hood of 48 characters and a high likely hood of 4 cuts and i'm sorry if some people put a lot of time into disproving rosalinax but it has not been disproved and in all honesty its lining up with the extremely credible sal/gematsu leak as time has gone on and people had already cast it aside.

I'll stop talking about it if people really feel it is an unpopular opinion to believe it but i think this is a perfect example of "leak busting" gone over board where we throw out leaks without truly proving them fake and in the process lose REAL information. I'm trying to figure out the roster not just "beat the leaks" and i see more reasons to believe rosalinax then to not at this point so this is what im going with but again ill stop talking about it if people don't want to hear it.

I will however say that if the reason roslainax is "fake" is because people already made up their minds that it MUST be fake BEFORE the co-relation of "lucas probably being cut" came out of both leaks then i highly suggest looking up "cofirmation bias", taking a step back from your set in stone beliefs, and reexamining whats going on with these 2 leaks.
Except the bit about Ness and Lucas is nothing special? As it was just yet another vague statement of his that didn't really state anything, based off of stuff many people were predicting? If RosalinaX had a legitimate leak, why couldn't he give something more specific? Why is it so vague to the point that he amended his supposed roster size with "could be different"? Why not tell us anything about characters beyond them and the obvious Captain Falcon returning? Why not tell us something that most people aren't predicting? Why ignore the questions the investigators gave him and just give random vague answers that didn't answer their question when he actually did respond back? Why is the "leak" worded in such a way that it could be impossible to disprove even with the full roster known (the only things that could flatout disprove it would be Captain Falcon getting cut (not happening) or us getting more/less than four cuts (and most reasonable people would have predicted about four cuts, so getting that right wouldn't prove anything)). Also see Jaidyn's post above, where it's pointed out that much of RosalinaX's MK8 "leak" was wrong beyond the thing everyone expected. RosalinaX is not at all legitimate, and shouldn't be getting tied in with Gematsu.

Petilil rumor said:
A guy I know who works for the marketing department of Nintendo has given me a little bit of info about the game as a result of promotional materials he has seen, and while I can't completely confirm or deny the Sal Roman leak with what he has, he said that Shulk is definitely in and Lucas is definitely out, which lines up with Sal's info. Additionally, Mewtwo is playable and King K. Rool is a boss on a new DK stage based off of the Gangplank Galleon stage. As for credibility, obviously I have none, so he said to say that Falco is supposed to be revealed this week. So, that basically gives him a very small window of opportunity to be proven fake.
I'm just curious about what kind of promotional material would tell us Lucas is definitely out. That seems like an odd thing to promote. "Now with Less Lucas!"

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So basically, if Falco is revealed this week, it would imply Lucas cut and K.Rool as a boss ?
I dunno, but looking at all those newcomers, I wonder if Ridley, K.Rool and Isaac won't be playable BECAUSE we want them, putting unwanted, easy to guess or controversial characters instead (don't say you prefer WFT over Ridley, you are lying). Damn it. I really have a bad feeling about those characters being the only ones we will have. Maybe add a Tetris newcomer, with blocks forming a human or whatever.

But why would Sakurai repeats the same mistake of giving us 3/4 of the newcomers before release ?
Looking at the gematsu leak... I could understand why he didn't predict Rosalina - not planned for e3, thus leaving a bit of hope concerning newcomers.
But now, without adding any new character in his last leak... god I really expect a 47 characters roster now.
I don't care, Sal, even fake a leak, but tell us that we will have at least 50 characters, PLEASE ! :alakadoof:
I've been gone several days... Why are we expecting Falco this week?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've been gone several days... Why are we expecting Falco this week?
No one's expecting Falco this week, but a new "leak" on GameFAQs has stated that supposedly Falco is going to be released this week, K. Rool is a boss, Mewtwo is back and Lucas is cut.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
....we're going back to Gamefaqs leaks?
NO ONE is taking it seriously. People are just talking about it a bit because it could potentially fit into Sal Romano's leak, and there's nothing else to talk about at the moment. The leak will be disproven in a few days anyway.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
So you're not expecting Rosalina & Luma? :troll:
I don't see why everyone has a problem with a 47-48 character roster.

I mean that's kind of what we expected for a while anyway.
I certainly don't have a problem with it. For a long time I was expecting like 42 max, so I'm pretty happy about being that far off!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
God I hope either Falco, Captain Falcon, or Ganondorf are unveiled soon (lolololololololol but they wont be.)
I want Ganondorf to be revealed soon. He deserves a new moveset and if they gave him one, he should really be shown off ASAP.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I want Ganondorf to be revealed soon. He deserves a new moveset and if they gave him one, he should really be shown off ASAP.
It's already confirmed that he'll get a new moveset if he returns, fortunately. As for one you can use in random online matches, that remains to be seen.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's already confirmed that he'll get a new moveset if he returns, fortunately. As for one you can use in random online matches, that remains to be seen.
I don't recall that ever being mentioned. If it is the case, I'm happy because there's no way Ganondorf is getting cut.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I don't recall that ever being mentioned. If it is the case, I'm happy because there's no way Ganondorf is getting cut.
He's saying that with customizable moves, you can make his moveset "new." Hence the random online matches comment.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Didn't Sakurai say no clones?
Why do people keep saying that? Sakurai never said that. He just said he's going to try and add characters that bring something new to the franchise. Nothing to do with not bringing existing clones back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom