• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, was going to make a whole big text wall, but I think I am done with this thread's gullibility. Since when did a most likely legit but extremely faulty leak suddenly become Mashiro Sakurai himself?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, was going to make a whole big text wall, but I think I am done with this thread's gullibility. Since when did a most likely legit but extremely faulty leak suddenly become Mashiro Sakurai himself?
I love walls that's why I support Kraid so please, make your Kraid sized wall of text, I would love to read it

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's weird shulk is the only sure one. People keep saying it's only gonna be Marshal not the chorus men, and that it's a different awakening character. I think it's gonna be just Marshal, shulk, and chrom.
Technically speaking, neither Shulk or Chrom are shoo-ins unless the Chorus Men are confirmed. If we get a different Rhythm Heaven character, the leak is false.

Morbi

Scavenger
Technically speaking, neither Shulk or Chrom are shoo-ins unless the Chorus Men are confirmed. If we get a different Rhythm Heaven character, the leak is false.
Technically speaking, neither Shulk or Chrom are shoe-ins even if Chorus Men are confirmed. If we get the same Rhythm Heaven character, the leak is not objectively true.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Technically speaking, neither Shulk or Chrom are shoe-ins even if Chorus Men are confirmed. If we get the same Rhythm Heaven character, the leak is not objectively true.
I don't believe that for a moment. The roster has already been finalized from the beginning (with the exception of Greninja, due to a slot being given for a X and Y Pokemon character) which means that any character that has been decided to be worthy of a character slot will stay there unless they cannot be made feasible. Which is where the Diddy-Dixie argument would normally come in. That team didn't happen because it was found out that it literally wasn't feasible and thus was scrapped. Chrom and Shulk are not the type of characters that can be compared to the Diddy-Dixie tag team in feasibility, but rather to pretty much every single character that already exists in Smash that would have no technical difficulties existing on the £DS and Wii U version.

Which is where the Chorus Men comes in. Chorus Men may be a possible example of a character that could run into technical difficulties and unlike Shulk and Chrom, are not easily guessable.

Every character so far has been correct on the leaks, especially WFT which was never an obvious choice. To get all of those correct along with the Chorus Men, of all characters, would not be any coincidence at all. If the leak got all of those characters correct, the Shulk and Chrom would have no reason to be doubted at all.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't believe that for a moment. The roster has already been finalized from the beginning (with the exception of Greninja, due to a slot being given for a X and Y Pokemon character) which means that any character that has been decided to be worthy of a character slot will stay there unless they cannot be made feasible. Which is where the Diddy-Dixie argument would normally come in. That team didn't happen because it was found out that it literally wasn't feasible and thus was scrapped. Chrom and Shulk are not the type of characters that can be compared to the Diddy-Dixie tag team in feasibility, but rather to pretty much every single character that already exists in Smash that would have no technical difficulties existing on the £DS and Wii U version.

Which is where the Chorus Men comes in. Chorus Men may be a possible example of a character that could run into technical difficulties and unlike Shulk and Chrom, are not easily guessable.

Every character so far has been correct on the leaks, especially WFT which was never an obvious choice. To get all of those correct along with the Chorus Men, of all characters, would not be any coincidence at all. If the leak got all of those characters correct, the Shulk and Chrom would have no reason to be doubted at all.
I just speak the truth without any bias; whether or not you believe objective fact is your prerogative.

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice

Chrom and Shulk Ice-Climber style confirmed.

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
How's this for a talking point: https://twitter.com/A_HOWDZ/status/468458294223581184

"Done some VO on several very exciting games so far this year. I'll tell you what they are when I know my balls won't be cut off for telling."

So... the voice of Shulk has been busy...

That was just discussed an hour or two ago.. and he could be working for the new dragon age game, even though he said several games. I do think it's extra proof shulk is in.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
How's this for a talking point: https://twitter.com/A_HOWDZ/status/468458294223581184

"Done some VO on several very exciting games so far this year. I'll tell you what they are when I know my balls won't be cut off for telling."

He's listed on IMDB as being in Smash but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Also, he may be also working on the new Mass Effect game as well. Bioware reuses their VA's a lot. Like, a LOT.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord

Well I didn't see it yet so thanks for sharing this, even if you were ninja'd. Yeah I feel like Smash Bros. is one of those games.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He's listed on IMDB as being in Smash but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Also, he may be also working on the new Mass Effect game as well. Bioware reuses their VA's a lot. Like, a LOT.
Don't trust IMDB. They listed Leon S. Kennedy's voice actor for Brawl.
IIRC the page for Smash 4 on IMDB lists characters like Mach Rider and several actors are just listed as rumoured.

D

Deleted member

People still use IMDB as a source for confirming characters? Really?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Don't trust IMDB. They listed Leon S. Kennedy's voice actor for Brawl.
IIRC the page for Smash 4 on IMDB lists characters like Mach Rider and several actors are just listed as rumoured.
People still use IMDB as a source for confirming characters? Really?

Nope. Never take anything from it more than a grain of salt. But still worth noting at least.

D

Deleted member

Whenever someone mentions IMDB and Smash Bros, I just shake my head.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
They're not gonna get new samples & stuff. They would probably just reuse some stuff from xenoblade. Most assist trophies don't talk anyway.
btw what's ninja'd mean?
Ahh okay, that makes sense.

And basically when someone beats you to saying something.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
My personal guesses included all of those characters on his list except Shulk (not confirmed), Chrom (not confirmed) and Wii Fit Trainer (confirmed!).
Wait, you actually guessed long ago that the Chorus Kids (not Marshal, mind you) would be playable characters?
The Brawl roster, from what I remember, was leaked all at once. That's why it gathered such negative attention. One big leak containing R.O.B, Lucario, Toon Link, Wolf, and having no Mewtwo, Ridley, or anyone else people wanted. And only being 36 characters.
I'm curious, who was the 36th character they listed? Zero Suit Samus?

On an unrelated note, something relevant to this topic occurred to me: what if Sal's source works for the Treehouse? That would explain their knowledge of the game despite being fluent in English. In fact, that could even potentially explain why he shares new info right before big Nintendo events and why he didn't initially know all of the characters on the roster (during the Treehouse livestream during E3 it was mentioned that the Treehouse has some level of secrecy internally concerning the SSB roster, with new characters being added to the build that all team members get to play on over time). Anyone else think this sounds like possibly the best explanation thus far?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait, you actually guessed long ago that the Chorus Kids (not Marshal, mind you) would be playable characters?

I'm curious, who was the 36th character they listed? Zero Suit Samus?

On an unrelated note, something relevant to this topic occurred to me: what if Sal's source works for the Treehouse? That would explain their knowledge of the game despite being fluent in English. In fact, that could even potentially explain why he shares new info right before big Nintendo events and why he didn't initially know all of the characters on the roster (during the Treehouse livestream during E3 it was mentioned that the Treehouse has some level of secrecy internally concerning the SSB roster, with new characters being added to the build that all team members get to play on over time). Anyone else think this sounds like possibly the best explanation thus far?
The treehouse people work on translating and game testing. If they leaked anything it would be characters they've seen personally so they wouldn't have listed "Pokemon from X/Y".

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
The treehouse people work on translating and game testing. If they leaked anything it would be characters they've seen personally so they wouldn't have listed "Pokemon from X/Y".
I'm sure not all of them would be working on SSB. He could just have the privilege of getting to play the bottom security level version of the beta which generally updates with new characters soon before they are revealed, or he could have a friend who is helping with Smash that tells him this stuff. And whatever the case, it's entirely plausible that the reason he didn't use Greninja's name is because when he was writing the e-mail to Gematsu he was thinking "What was the name of that Pokémon? Oh, I don't know, I'll just say 'Pokémon from X/Y.'"

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

Waaaaaaaaaaaay too early for VA's in the next mass effect.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah EA didn't have any Mass Effect crap to show this year at E3, so I seriously doubt it'd be for that. Seems very strange that he'd randomly blurt out something like that though...

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure not all of them would be working on SSB. He could just have the privilege of getting to play the bottom security level version of the beta which generally updates with new characters soon before they are revealed, or he could have a friend who is helping with Smash that tells him this stuff. And whatever the case, it's entirely plausible that the reason he didn't use Greninja's name is because when he was writing the e-mail to Gematsu he was thinking "What was the name of that Pokémon? Oh, I don't know, I'll just say 'Pokémon from X/Y.'"

Almost all of them work on the same games at the same time, well at least during testing.
Waaaaaaaaaaaay too early for VA's in the next mass effect.

He could be working in the new dragon age game though. Or even a cameo in the new xenoblade. I still think he's gonna be in smash.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Almost all of them work on the same games at the same time, well at least during testing.

He could be working in the new dragon age game though. Or even a cameo in the new xenoblade. I still think he's gonna be in smash.
Exactly, he mentions multiple games, so I doubt he'd ONLY be referring to Smash, if he's referring to it at all.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Everything that appear in puzzle swap is gonna be in smash in somehow in another.
Just go to your 3DS wacth the puzzle swap for a moment, JUST LOOK AT IT!!!!
Fire emblem-Arena Ferox featuring Chrom battling Lucina.
Rhythm Heaven Fever- On that same game there a Sneaky Spirit game, Yeah the enemy that appear in smash bros is in that game, The chorus kids appears as a cameo too, but I think SalRomano confused by Marshall somehow...
Xenoblade Cronicles- The monado and shulk are in the background and those cute little birds things are back in the sequel somehow...
Dillon Rolling Western- Dillon is a assis trophie
Legend of zelda OOT- Got a stage in the 3ds version.(gerudo valley)
Legend of zelda SS-Got a stage and name Skyloft.
Legend of zelda- The first puzzle swap of zelda have link from twilight princess the one most used now
Star fox- don't have a stage but FOX is in with a new weird...voice
New super mario bros. U- There mushroom Kingdom U a stage of smash
Kirby puzzle swap- There a lot of Kirby, included return to dream land, triple deluxe and 20th Aniversary
Nintendo Startles(more like nintendo b$##ces)-There Zelda, Peach Rosalina and the Toon Zelda the planned character of brawl. (Forget Pauline but nah, and, where the heck is daisy?)
Pokemon X/Y- Greninja and the stage of pokemon say it all.

There more of it but mostly of this puzzle swap thing is madness, Thanks to this I could predict dillon in smash and look is there as Assist trophie. But he had connection with the leak. Only time will tell...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah EA didn't have any Mass Effect crap to show this year at E3, so I seriously doubt it'd be for that. Seems very strange that he'd randomly blurt out something like that though...
The way he words it makes me feel like he knows he'll be able to come clean about it reasonably soon.

Of course even if smash is one of those games it may not be the main (most currently pressing) reason he tweeted that.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
When he was saying Ness/Lucas cut, was he talking about both of them, or just one of them?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everything that appear in puzzle swap is gonna be in smash in somehow in another.
Just go to your 3DS wacth the puzzle swap for a moment, JUST LOOK AT IT!!!!
Fire emblem-Arena Ferox featuring Chrom battling Lucina.
Rhythm Heaven Fever- On that same game there a Sneaky Spirit game, Yeah the enemy that appear in smash bros is in that game, The chorus kids appears as a cameo too, but I think SalRomano confused by Marshall somehow...
Xenoblade Cronicles- The monado and shulk are in the background and those cute little birds things are back in the sequel somehow...
Dillon Rolling Western- Dillon is a assis trophie
Legend of zelda OOT- Got a stage in the 3ds version.(gerudo valley)
Legend of zelda SS-Got a stage and name Skyloft.
Legend of zelda- The first puzzle swap of zelda have link from twilight princess the one most used now
Star fox- don't have a stage but FOX is in with a new weird...voice
New super mario bros. U- There mushroom Kingdom U a stage of smash
Kirby puzzle swap- There a lot of Kirby, included return to dream land, triple deluxe and 20th Aniversary
Nintendo Startles(more like nintendo b$##ces)-There Zelda, Peach Rosalina and the Toon Zelda the planned character of brawl. (Forget Pauline but nah, and, where the heck is daisy?)
Pokemon X/Y- Greninja and the stage of pokemon say it all.

There more of it but mostly of this puzzle swap thing is madness, Thanks to this I could predict dillon in smash and look is there as Assist trophie. But he had connection with the leak. Only time will tell...
Grasp at the straws! They are your friend!
But seriously, this is one of the greatest straw graspin' I ever saw, anything can be concluded from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom