• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
To be fair though in regards to Little Mac, what if Sakurai considered both, but decided that with the KO Punch, Mac would make a better fighter than Ridley in terms of being the west's bias character? :troll:
Considering the small amount of newcomers that we've been getting compared to Brawl, it wouldn't surprise me.

D

Deleted member

So leak talk; Sal Leak + Rosalina = complete newcomer roster? I think history's gonna repeat itself.

D

Deleted member

I don't understand all the K.Rool support. He's not retro and he's not relevant which throws away almost all his chance. Dixie has a way better chance.
I'll calm down, I'll talk about the leak, I'm not going to explode because you realize the Ridley teasing

Anyway, Gematsu, leak, Shulk, the only one I care about, what should we discuss next?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
The Gematsu leak plus Rosalina is only 6 down from brawl, and it's been highly speculated there will be more than the Gematsu leak.
"highly speculated" = wishful thinking.

Why do we all NEED more newcomers other than the ones Sal leaked? They are versatile (aside maybe Chrom), represent a ton of different franchises, and all (except maybe Chrom) have unique qualities.

Besides, everyone needs to calm down, considering Sal leaked DLC too. That makes ANYthing possible.

D

Deleted member

The Gematsu leak plus Rosalina is only 6 down from brawl, and it's been highly speculated there will be more than the Gematsu leak.
I still have yet to see any evidence that points to there being more. No, Rosalina does not count. She was never planned for E3, and had she not been revealed during the December Direct, she would no doubt be part of leak 2. If the leaker had added her to leak 2 after her confimation, it would make the leak look false.

Why do we all NEED more newcomers other than the ones Sal leaked? They are versatile (aside maybe Chrom), represent a ton of different franchises, and all (except maybe Chrom) have unique qualities.

Besides, everyone needs to calm down, considering Sal leaked DLC too. That makes ANYthing possible.
Thank you. Someone understands that the Gematsu characters are all good despite not being Cruel or Roidley or whoever's popular these days :troll:

Despite how bland he may seem, I have faith that Sakurai will do something interesting with Chrom. He exceeded my expectations with Pac-man, Mii, and Little Mac, so I'm confident Chrom won't be as generic as he seems on paper.

Also, the leak said "DLC" it did not say anything about characters specifically, so far all we know, it might just be stages. Gematsu + Rosalina could be it. Period. tbh i don't want character dlc

Also, I hate to point this out, but the hyperlink in the OP looks bad. It stops at the "u" in "cut." Please fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Because 47 characters is really disapointing and if Sakurai is already planning DLC, as the tipster said, it's greedy

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
I'll calm down, I'll talk about the leak, I'm not going to explode because you realize the Ridley teasing

Anyway, Gematsu, leak, Shulk, the only one I care about, what should we discuss next?

It's weird shulk is the only sure one. People keep saying it's only gonna be Marshal not the chorus men, and that it's a different awakening character. I think it's gonna be just Marshal, shulk, and chrom.

That's the only reason I'm content. It sucks having all the newcomers spoiled. Here's to having good dlc newcomers!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Correction, Ridley has been strongly hinted as being a boss character. I'd like to know what strong hints you're referring to, because all I see is the fans saying "omg we only saw a shadow, let's completely ignore the text at the bottom of the screen and cling to hope".

I do agree with you on the leaker only being told what he needs to know however. It wouldn't make sense for their to only be 3 unnanounced characters when the game releases. surely there are more secret characters.
Anyone with a brain stem could plainly see that there is nothing hinting at Ridley being a stage hazard.

But I really, really don't care enough about Ridley to argue about him. So I'm not going to allow myself to be dragged into a debate over him. I've said my piece.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Also, the leak said "DLC" it did not say anything about characters specifically, so far all we know, it might just be stages.
I think the leak was specifically "character DLC." Check the OP.

Because 47 characters is really disapointing and if Sakurai is already planning DLC, as the tipster said, it's greedy
How is 47 characters disappointing? That is a TON for a fighting game of this magnitude, especially one that stars primarily one company's mascots. Any fighting game that has more than 47 characters doesn't typically have that many versatile fighters to choose from.

Saying 47 is disappointing is equally as "greedy" as your claim that DLC is greedy. Personally, I don't find it greedy because I don't mind spending a few bucks on a character pack, assuming that becomes a thing. Would you rather the game take an extra 6 months and save 15 bucks or so? Not me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why? Because the roster doesn't have the characters you want? You know what would be disappointing? Game canceled. I think Mahvel has spoiled everyone by making them expect abnormally large rosters. :troll:

I think the leak was specifically "character DLC." Check the OP.
You're right. It does specifically say character DLC.

D

Deleted member

Wait a second;

Seeing as how the leak specifically mentions "character DLC" in some form, they why the heck does it say anything about Lucas being cut? It makes no sense. Is this tipper implying that Lucas is likely to be cut and not return as DLC?

I still think he's in though.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Wait a second;

Seeing as how the leak specifically mentions "character DLC" in some form, they why the heck does it say anything about Lucas being cut? It makes no sense. Is this tipper implying that Lucas is likely to be cut and not return as DLC?

I still think he's in though.
I don't think that's implied. It could be one of those things where if there is a huge Lucas outcry *if* he is cut, then they could add him via DLC. He wouldn't be hard, considering they could grab a lot of his info from Brawl, or just extract some stuff from Ness and his special move customizations (I'm guessing his customizations will be similar to Lucas's moves in Brawl).

D

Deleted member

I don't think that's implied. It could be one of those things where if there is a huge Lucas outcry *if* he is cut, then they could add him via DLC. He wouldn't be hard, considering they could grab a lot of his info from Brawl, or just extract some stuff from Ness and his special move customizations (I'm guessing his customizations will be similar to Lucas's moves in Brawl).
I'm guessing Ness's customizations will be completely different, as Lucas will be in the game. :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Ok my web browser is freaking out. sorry for any duplicate posts & stuff.
Just report your own post next time you goof and we'll take care of it. Don't go posting about the mistake since that just makes more of a mess. :) Thanks!

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice

Thats not something Sakurai would do. He's not really known for taking the simple way.

Last edited:

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
To be fair though in regards to Little Mac, what if Sakurai considered both, but decided that with the KO Punch, Mac would make a better/more interesting fighter than Ridley, and decided Mac should be the west's bias character? :troll:
Well the question becomes, why even have a "west's bias" character? Why only one? Why pander to a certain audience?

It's a dead-end that doesn't really lead anywhere or give any insight on how he determines what qualifies/qualified either Little Mac or Ridley to be playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still have yet to see any evidence that points to there being more. No, Rosalina does not count. She was never planned for E3, and had she not been revealed during the December Direct, she would no doubt be part of leak 2. If the leaker had added her to leak 2 after her confimation, it would make the leak look false.

Thank you. Someone understands that the Gematsu characters are all good despite not being Cruel or Roidley or whoever's popular these days :troll:

Despite how bland he may seem, I have faith that Sakurai will do something interesting with Chrom. He exceeded my expectations with Pac-man, Mii, and Little Mac, so I'm confident Chrom won't be as generic as he seems on paper.

Also, the leak said "DLC" it did not say anything about characters specifically, so far all we know, it might just be stages. Gematsu + Rosalina could be it. Period. tbh i don't want character dlc

Also, I hate to point this out, but the hyperlink in the OP looks bad. It stops at the "u" in "cut." Please fix.
Rosalina is evidence of the notion. Your arbitrary sentiment does not alter objective fact, the circumstances are irrelevant as she satisfies that perspective. Asserting otherwise is adhering to confirmation bias.

TheAceBot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ace25Ace

Its true Blue. It said DLC but it did not specifically state what kind of DLC it was. I doubt they will add character DLCs because no one would really waste their money on a single character or maybe a group of characters. If they have to cut some characters in order to make room for others in the default roster then why would they allow DLC characters to be introduced while characters that people want were cut? The only thing i could see might be a possibility for DLC would be, like you said, stages. Stages or maybe even Costumes. I can see new costumes being released as DLC but even that isn't very likely. Who knows if this DLC is even going to be sticking through. They may drop it entirely.

TheAceBot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ace25Ace
Hats, we need more hats as DLC

No, actually that wouldn't really be a bad idea but it's not anything practical. Hats is something that is widely used in the Mii Plaza but not in a smash bros game. It wouldn't be fair to the developers if they had to make tons of DLC packs just so you could have a Pikachu with a Mario Hat on. I don't really think you know how different Nintendo DLC is from everything else such as Microsoft or Sony. Sorry Kid

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
The initial leak just before e3 2013 has turned out to be 100% true, no doubt about it, good guesses or not. Arguably half of the second leak is true.

That said, I have my doubts about the remaining 3, but only because they just seem pretty out there and in the case of Chrom redundant. I'm sure if they're included they will be awesome, but it just seems so weird right now. Weirder thing have happened though.

Either way, some people have said that the last bit of the leak will be the last of the newcomers we're getting--I don't think this is true. There have always been four unannounced secret characters in Smash Bros. 64 had Luigi, CF, Jigglypuff, and Ness. Melee had several although I don't remember who exactly we knew beforehand and not. Brawl had Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario, and ROB. In a game series where so much changes, I think the developers will stick to at least this convention, both because it's highly traditional and because it makes getting the game all that more exciting.

Even if Chorus Boys, Chrom, and Shulk are newcomers, there will probably be at least one more. Assuming that's true and that the leaker is legit, I wonder why that very last character hasn't been mentioned, and why Rosalina wasn't.

D

Deleted member

Rosalina is evidence of the notion. Your arbitrary sentiment does not alter objective fact, the circumstances are irrelevant as she satisfies that perspective. Asserting otherwise is adhering to confirmation bias.
If we see more than 12 new characters (Mii only counts as one), you have full permission to gloat to me if you want to. I don't mind. As it stands, I doubt we will see any more than 12. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, maybe I don't care about new characters as much as I do returning veterans, maybe it's a little bit of both.

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
The initial leak just before e3 2013 has turned out to be 100% true, no doubt about it, good guesses or not. Arguably half of the second leak is true.

That said, I have my doubts about the remaining 3, but only because they just seem pretty out there and in the case of Chrom redundant. I'm sure if they're included they will be awesome, but it just seems so weird right now. Weirder thing have happened though.

Either way, some people have said that the last bit of the leak will be the last of the newcomers we're getting--I don't think this is true. There have always been four unannounced secret characters in Smash Bros. 64 had Luigi, CF, Jigglypuff, and Ness. Melee had several although I don't remember who exactly we knew beforehand and not. Brawl had Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario, and ROB. In a game series where so much changes, I think the developers will stick to at least this convention, both because it's highly traditional and because it makes getting the game all that more exciting.

Even if Chorus Boys, Chrom, and Shulk are newcomers, there will probably be at least one more. Assuming that's true and that the leaker is legit, I wonder why that very last character hasn't been mentioned, and why Rosalina wasn't.

If there is one more, my money is on ridely. (I'm not a ridely supporter or hater, i just think he's gonna be in) There's only one issue. 13 newcomers= UNLUCKYYYYY .0.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there is one more, my money is on ridely. (I'm not a ridely supporter or hater, i just think he's gonna be in) There's only one issue. 13 newcomers= UNLUCKYYYYY .0.
YUP, WE GOT OUR EVIDENCE. 12 OR 14+

THIRTEEN NEW CHARACTERS IS BAAAAAAAD.

Young Marth

Smash Apprentice
YUP, WE GOT OUR EVIDENCE. 12 OR 14+

THIRTEEN NEW CHARACTERS IS BAAAAAAAD.

But in all reality, I don't thing we're getting anymore than 12. Btw I'm calling cuts as Lucas, Snake, and the other 2 pokemon from the trainer (I'm pretty sure that's been agreed upon already.) I'm happy as long as wolf is back. HE'S NOT A CLONE. I can't let you print that, starfax.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But in all reality, I don't thing we're getting anymore than 12. Btw I'm calling cuts as Lucas, Snake, and the other 2 pokemon from the trainer (I'm pretty sure that's been agreed upon already.)
N------------------------ope.

Lucas and Snake are still pretty hotly debated. I'd give Snake until all the directs before release have gone by, and I'd give Lucas till the game comes out. YOU CAN'T GIVE UP YET!!

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Could be anything, even a cameo in X or even an Assist, sometimes people take the answer they want
"Several" And if it was an AT I don't really think they would call a VO to do it. They would probably get someone else to do it or sample something from Xenoblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom