• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Scha.

Devin totally making me eat my own words from before... I can't really say **** about it either hahaha

Dill so awesome, we need to meet up and play sometime soon. Are you back in Augusta yet?
Yeah, I got home thursday. Hit me up if you wanna meet in Columbia for some smash or something. or I f you're down here sometime

Twist said:
definitely going since PP is going. But I was gonna go anyway. lol I'm a **** falcon, mah tech skills good but the only match ups know is fox and falco xD. We should play mad friendlys dill.
Hell yeah. I'm still pretty much a scrub but I have my flashes of brilliance of what I could be someday. You better get in on the Falcon Foursomes.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
My god Scha, I think I just cried a little.
Let us not forget how much YOU advanced the scene : being one of only three people pretty much to drive to tournaments, and you HOSTED a lot of successful ones

AND THAT GINGERBREAD HOUSe
WHAT THE FUUUU

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I agree with Scha.

Yeah, I got home thursday. Hit me up if you wanna meet in Columbia for some smash or something. or I f you're down here sometime

Hell yeah. I'm still pretty much a scrub but I have my flashes of brilliance of what I could be someday. You better get in on the Falcon Foursomes.
I sure will get in with mah sexy falcon lol. I'm not 100% if I'm going anymore though, I'm having money troubles.

btw thanks for changing my name to the way I like it.

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
As far as the SC melee community goes, Yay may have the unbridled twichy fingers of a coked up Philippian prostitute, but if SC ever had any player that was a foundation in the community it is RC. Here is a little story, long before brawl came out lived the wonderful land of Melee. Within this great land there existed many kingdoms that had tournaments in plethora. However, in the sad state of Carolina, South there had no tournament and those who wanted to get better had to travel hours upon hours. Without the friendship and bond that developed between the Red Comet and a certain Philippian hooker. Yayuhz would have never gotten the notoriety that he has outside of the message boards and would be stuck as a rideless wonder if it wasnt for TRC.
If Yayuhz is the "King of SC smash", than RC is the queen that wears the pants and smacks that ****er around and wears the pants. Know your god **** roots son.

As a community SC doesn't have that much respect. However, if there is one person who is OG and deserves it the title goes to TRC. Pay respects to your melee godfathers.
Devin drives people to oos tournaments almost every weekend.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
what's the anger in the fact that WE WERE NOT
TALKING ABOUT
BRAWL
?

I mean now I'm angry cause of your comment. Considering how much I did for this scene, I hate it when my own people just overlook me (either by ignorance or on purpose) it's a perfectly logical reason I get mad, just as you get mad when people bring up Meta Knight (I recall Stingers mentioning it and you acting a little too harshly a while back in one of these threads)

You get mad when people say "that Casanova guy isn't that good" or anything? I think you might would. Why would you? People saying Yay is better than you might get to you a bit, huh? But how would you like it if people completely dismissed you taking people to tourneys, you hosting tourneys, running tourneys for other people (me)? Because that's what is happening. That's why I'm mad. How can you even ask a question like that?

you weren't around PRIOR to Brawl's release so of course you don't understand. I mean, did you not realize what the point of what you quoted? We were NOT talking about Brawl. What the ****?

this **** is quite close to getting real, I'm done ****in' around with you brawl kids over stupid **** like this. so many of you don't understand jack **** about SC Melee because it happened before you. This is not the case with SC Brawl because it's happening now and we can just look at you and go "lol" because SC Brawl is a joke just like SC Melee was, no matter what you want the difference to be.

we're real close to it Devin. choose your next words carefully.

Lareit

Smash Ace
what's the anger in the fact that WE WERE NOT
TALKING ABOUT
BRAWL
?

I mean now I'm angry cause of your comment. Considering how much I did for this scene, I hate it when my own people just overlook me (either by ignorance or on purpose) it's a perfectly logical reason I get mad, just as you get mad when people bring up Meta Knight (I recall Stingers mentioning it and you acting a little too harshly a while back in one of these threads)

You get mad when people say "that Casanova guy isn't that good" or anything? I think you might would. Why would you? People saying Yay is better than you might get to you a bit, huh? But how would you like it if people completely dismissed you taking people to tourneys, you hosting tourneys, running tourneys for other people (me)? Because that's what is happening. That's why I'm mad. How can you even ask a question like that?

you weren't around PRIOR to Brawl's release so of course you don't understand. I mean, did you not realize what the point of what you quoted? We were NOT talking about Brawl. What the ****?

this **** is quite close to getting real, I'm done ****in' around with you brawl kids over stupid **** like this. so many of you don't understand jack **** about SC Melee because it happened before you. This is not the case with SC Brawl because it's happening now and we can just look at you and go "lol" because SC Brawl is a joke just like SC Melee was, no matter what you want the difference to be.

Remember when you came down to Charleston to team with Yay, but he ditched you to stick with Plasma Pikmin, a snot nosed kid who hadn't spouted a complete sentance the entire day, simply because he wanted to win?

I do.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
See? There's the anger hard-on, again.

In the end, it does matter who drove who to what tourney, or what state it was in—the winners are the ones that get the respect, and it will always be that way; the guy who drives them to their winnings usually gets nothing. As far as recognition goes, I'm sorry that Yay ****-blocks any of what you should get, simply because he's Yay—join the entire state.

I mean, I've been driving atleast four people to a tournament, every-single-weekend, for atleast three months now, but I don't expect anyone on here to care—and, no, I don't get any gas money, either. Difference between you and I, is that I could care less.

However, what's the point of living in the past? If you want the community to respect you, go out and play, do something in-the-now. If your name isn't purple or red, you want get respect through sitting on SWF all day.

TRC said:
What the **** are we real close to?

You're jumping at the wrong people, dog—the new Brawl kids respect you twice as much as any of the older Melee players.

In fact, I specifically recall one of them saying at the last Billfest, "That guy? Yeah—don't like him—he's not as good as me, so I stopped playing with him."

Use your head and you can figure out which Melee player has that amount of respect for you. I sure hope you didn't drive him around anywhere.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
First off, if we're talking about Billfest. If it's NC guys, I don't have anything to say. If we're talking about SC guys, then whoever said that unless it's Yay or Mott are ****ing stupid because they're not better than me lol

Since you wanted to touch on **** talk, might as well go ahead and let you know I've heard negative things about you from about half of the brawl scene here, and pretty much ANYONE that has brought up the subject in Georgia that I've known. The general consensus being you think you're better than you are, and you kind of act like a **** all the time (particularly online)

The difference between you and I, as you state, isn't about the money. For one extra difference, Yay and I are friends, and were closer at points before you came around. Again. You have no idea what the **** you're talking about because you weren't there. Keep in mind, I believe Yay deserves recognition. When people ask about SC, I always tell them Yay is better than me, etc, cause it's true. But the fact remains that without me : nobody from SC would have gone to a tournament, except for Yay (again, Melee only)

Any of the old Melee players respect me less than brawl kids? Ryzol, Kidd, Scha, Ramz, Boxr, Yoshido, Daniel, Yay. Please, again tell me these people respect me less than brawl kids do. Please. Who else played Melee? Khai, Spinjump? now we got Twist and RDZL, Dill, and they all seem to like me (unless I'm just naive?)

and then there's Foxy, whom was the start of my outburst, whom I housed before even though I really didn't want to, whom I stayed up with while waiting for his ride after my tournament very late, when I didn't want to, whom I beat pretty easily without touching the game in like 2 months. and this same guy lives mildly close to me now, but does not seem interested in playing ever, and has hardly done much in SC to be called an SC smasher IMO, so wtf am I supposed to think of him?

If it's about recognition, the only one I truly cared about is my presence in Georgia, which is still there (I voted in their PR panel, for example) but as Mike G put it when commenting on SC "I want to think of more than just Yay and TRC when I think of SC **** it!" but by now I'm sure he thinks about Snapp's image posts :p

Let me confirm, I don't want "the community" as in all of Smash to respect me. I want people who know better to not completely ignore me, and how I've practically built this scene (again, this is so far before you...)
Do you think I expect respect as a Young Link player because I made combo videos? no, I don't. Because tournament results are what matter and I can never get to tournaments, so I'm not going to even try and argue I'm great with Young Link. I can't ask for respect for something I haven't done.

But in SC, I have done it. I've gone out of my way to play with people even if I didn't feel like it just because I want them to get better, I wanted SC to get better. I always put in so much more effort than anyone else, all these people who claimed they were motivated but instead did nothing...

"Okay Devin, I think you ban Meta Knight because you don't want me to come win your tournaments."
Now you're supposed to get mad and we'll unban him and then you'll beat me and everyone will laugh, but that should prove my point that he doesn't need to be banned, but then he'll just keep being banned anyway,
so my ploy is pretty much not going to work, looking into it like this. guess I need to come up with something else.

I'm entering Brawl Singles at U-Mad if I go, now, I think, if anything just to laugh at myself and try to understand you people a little more.

The Director

Smash Lord
TRC if by chance we show up to the same tournament at some point I want to play Melee with you. Jot that down on your 'things to remember' list.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Edit: Disregard this post, I just wanted to say

South Carolina makes me laugh. TRC is a man.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
TRC if by chance we show up to the same tournament at some point I want to play Melee with you. Jot that down on your 'things to remember' list.
absolutely. I think I remember having fun with you at one of Devin's tourneys? I always want to play Melee, with anyone. FOREVER.

Rayku is more a man than I'll ever be. I'm still mad at myself for not playing you at the Warner Robins GA tourney (and not realizing how well you placed!)

btw if the person who allegedly said the things Devin quoted about me, I will go anywhere from 20-50 dollar MM with whoever you are if you're from SC. though I suspect by saying those kind of things you wouldn't be much of a man anyway... let the poop talkers poop... wait what?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Heh. I didn't beat anyone of recognition, so I didn't consider it a very high placing. I got bracket-lucky.

It's not looking good that I'll be going to U Mad, but if I do I'll sit down and play just to make up for it lol

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah it's been a long time since we sat down and played... Jesus, it wasn't Falconpunchion or something was it? It really feels like it might have been! That's... WHAT THE FUUUU hahaha

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
How the **** do I keep getting dragged into these arguments LMFAO

First off, Devin, I've said you were a good Brawl player a number of times. Your sarcasm doesn't really change that, but you can be as salty as you would like to in your attempt to show off for the masses. Haw haw haw.

ps: I'd still **** you.

Secondly, TRC is cooler than any of you new kids on the block, I've known him since I was a little snotnose. If it wasn't for him, I would've never been able to go to any tourny out of state, never met any of the cool people I met through smash, and I probably wouldn't even PLAY smash because, let's be honest, there has always been the little rivalry there and it kept both of us trying to get better. Summed up, I pretty much can thank him for whatever I happen to achieve in smash. He's pretty much a boss ******. So what if I'm better than him or not, doesn't make him any less cool. He's been around since you guys were jerking off to Pokemon and Yugioh cards. Respect this man.

Lariet, you fail to mention that I promised PlasmaPikmin to team with him, uh, weeks before that tournament. I didn't "ditch" anyone, and if I had teamed with TRC, I'd be ditching a 12 year old kid at his first tourny. Which would've made me a bigger ****? This was before we knew he was a little idiot, so regarding your accusation...

Lareit

Smash Ace
How the **** do I keep getting dragged into these arguments LMFAO

First off, Devin, I've said you were a good Brawl player a number of times. Your sarcasm doesn't really change that, but you can be as salty as you would like to in your attempt to show off for the masses. Haw haw haw.

ps: I'd still **** you.

Secondly, TRC is cooler than any of you new kids on the block, I've known him since I was a little snotnose. If it wasn't for him, I would've never been able to go to any tourny out of state, never met any of the cool people I met through smash, and I probably wouldn't even PLAY smash because, let's be honest, there has always been the little rivalry there and it kept both of us trying to get better. Summed up, I pretty much can thank him for whatever I happen to achieve in smash. He's pretty much a boss ******. So what if I'm better than him or not, doesn't make him any less cool. He's been around since you guys were jerking off to Pokemon and Yugioh cards. Respect this man.

Lariet, you fail to mention that I promised PlasmaPikmin to team with him, uh, weeks before that tournament. I didn't "ditch" anyone, and if I had teamed with TRC, I'd be ditching a 12 year old kid at his first tourny. Which would've made me a bigger ****? This was before we knew he was a little idiot, so regarding your accusation...

Tch a professional troll didn't catch a professional trolling? I'm hurt man! I thought we had a Trolling Bond going.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
We're trying so hard to be like NC. Arguing included.

I should start a race war.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I'm gonna headbutt Devin like Knorr did to Bill and then we can make a funny thread but I'll get banned and stuff.
I don't try to be like any state personally, but if someone said we were like NC, that'd be a compliment I think.

THAT RIVALRY STILL THERE YAY EVEN IF I'M LEAGUES BEHIND, GO ON ASH KETCHUM, I'M GARY OAK MUTHA ****A, PIKACHU? PIKACHU ***** I GOT SCIZOR
YAY SENT OUT FOX
RC SENT OUT FALCO
YAY USED SHINE SPIKE
CRITICAL HIT!
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
... RC's Falco fainted...

I still love when there is this confusion over my name being TRC or RC, hahaha, that T is so unneccesary I wish I had known I could have entered a space or a _ when I signed up for SWF.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
TRC bro. Remember that one time we did that thing on the balcony in Lancaster?

Yeah, we need to do that again at this.

Are you going to Pound 4?

also: I like to spend alot of time trying to figure out what your name means. I mean, I already know what it means, but I enjoy thinking up other acronyms.

Also: I might need a melee doubles partner at U~angry. We neeeeeed to team.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah didn't we decide on teaming already? <3
I remember that thing, it is one of my fonder memories of Brawl-related events, easily.
Snapp is apparently my ride for Pound. if he can't take me I can't go. need to friggen pre-register before it closes...

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Yeah didn't we decide on teaming already? <3
I remember that thing, it is one of my fonder memories of Brawl-related events, easily.
Snapp is apparently my ride for Pound. if he can't take me I can't go. need to friggen pre-register before it closes...
Yeahhhh

We're gonna **** teams (In 2nd behind Twitch carrying PP's nub)

I need to pre-reg too.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
btw just because Yay posted what he did I think I need to relive an oldie but goodie AIM experience we had

everlastingyayuh: IF YOU HAD A HUNDRED AND ONE
everlastingyayuh: ****ING DYNAMITE STICKS IN THE BACK OF A DUMP TRUCK
everlastingyayuh: WITH ME AND TRC IN TEH BACK
everlastingyayuh: AND SET THEM OFF
everlastingyayuh: WE'D STILL BE BACK THERE ****** ****

*insert smugness*

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
YO SC!

I'll be home and around next week until about mid January. I wanna playz!!11 (and give Snap his controller back.lol)

Anything going down?

Top Bottom