• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, don't talk crap about RC. He's the man. One of the few good Melee players in SC. And since we're on the topic of arguing...

**** Brawl. :) *puts up flame shield against barlw fangirls*

And Yay: I love you too. You were like my first SC smash experience, back when I sucked balls. I still do, but at least I don't suck at Melee anymore.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Someone, please help.

A group of Smashers are currently stranded in Greenville, SC. They got in a car accident on the way to Pound 4, and their vehicle is totaled. Everyone is okay, though.

Anyone that could give housing or pick them up to take them to a hotel or something would be greatly appreciated.

Call Mike (Umby, if anyone wants to know) at 404-536-7122 if you can offer any sort of help to them.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Ladies and gentlemen, I am back.

I apologize for my long leaves from the smash community. They are never personal and it's not that I'm losing interest at all...but from being busy in real life and not having a license or having a wii, it's been impossible lately to play any sort of smash at all for that matter aside from the occasional melee. I am going to try for my license in a week and if I get it, you can bet that you will begin to see me at tournaments again. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get way involved with this stuff, but I keep failing that stupid driver's test, lol (i'm such a failure xD).

However, let it be known that the moment I pass that test that I'm going to be ALL OVER THIS SCENE. Why? For one I love to travel and not only don't MIND going places to smash, I LOVE going places to smash. I miss the scene, I miss SC, I miss Dr.PeePee and the NC bros, I miss it all. I know I've said all this before but you can expect me to start actively going to places. Also feel free to offer a ride to me if there's a tournament and you'd like me to come, I'll gladly pay for gas money as I am employed and such. =)

Smash is in my blood, and I'm not about to quit. First things first I'm going to update this thread. Glad to be back.

Edit- I am also aware now that there was a new thread created some time ago due to my consistent inactivity. I understand that this is entirely due to my lack of participation and I agree wholeheartedly with the reasonings that went into creating it. It is up to the community to decide whether this should be closed or not. If you do close this thread I wouldn't be offended because like I said, I understand the reasoning behind it. At this point I'm sure the only thing I can do to prove that I'm with the community is to actively go to tournaments for a while, which is something I'm willing to do at this point.

Give me one last chance to keep this place alive. I propose that if over the next month I fall apart, that this thread should be locked and given to Casanova. Casanova has been the most active member of the brawl community if I'm not mistaken and as such would be a primary candidate for the thread.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
This one should stay open, Snapp's thread doesn't have Melee in it.

If you're giving this thread to someone, I'll pass and you can give it to him, he likes that kind of stuff.

Edit: Btw, big ups to Snapp, Kale, RC and Yay for reppin' SC at P4.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
This one should stay open, Snapp's thread doesn't have Melee in it.

If you're giving this thread to someone, I'll pass and you can give it to him, he likes that kind of stuff.

Edit: Btw, big ups to Snapp, Kale, RC and Yay for reppin' SC at P4.
Nah, I'm not giving it away now. If within the next month I seem to be inactive though I will. But I intend on playing this game now that I have everything sorted out in my life. Can't wait to see you sometime!

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
Ladies and gentlemen, I am back.

I apologize for my long leaves from the smash community. They are never personal and it's not that I'm losing interest at all...but from being busy in real life and not having a license or having a wii, it's been impossible lately to play any sort of smash at all for that matter aside from the occasional melee. I am going to try for my license in a week and if I get it, you can bet that you will begin to see me at tournaments again. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get way involved with this stuff, but I keep failing that stupid driver's test, lol (i'm such a failure xD).

However, let it be known that the moment I pass that test that I'm going to be ALL OVER THIS SCENE. Why? For one I love to travel and not only don't MIND going places to smash, I LOVE going places to smash. I miss the scene, I miss SC, I miss Dr.PeePee and the NC bros, I miss it all. I know I've said all this before but you can expect me to start actively going to places. Also feel free to offer a ride to me if there's a tournament and you'd like me to come, I'll gladly pay for gas money as I am employed and such. =)

Smash is in my blood, and I'm not about to quit. First things first I'm going to update this thread. Glad to be back.

Edit- I am also aware now that there was a new thread created some time ago due to my consistent inactivity. I understand that this is entirely due to my lack of participation and I agree wholeheartedly with the reasonings that went into creating it. It is up to the community to decide whether this should be closed or not. If you do close this thread I wouldn't be offended because like I said, I understand the reasoning behind it. At this point I'm sure the only thing I can do to prove that I'm with the community is to actively go to tournaments for a while, which is something I'm willing to do at this point.

Give me one last chance to keep this place alive. I propose that if over the next month I fall apart, that this thread should be locked and given to Casanova. Casanova has been the most active member of the brawl community if I'm not mistaken and as such would be a primary candidate for the thread.
ohh, so this is why you didn't come to scha's tourney. too bad it would have been nice seeing you for the second time. lol.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
It's only like the 4th time he's BACK.

He'll not last a month.
You'd be surprised how moving New Year's Resolutions can be...

But then again I have no reason to defend myself. My actions have spoken louder than my words, and I have no solid persuasion that would say I'm back. That being said...I'll be attending tournaments to show you all I'm serious.

I heard there is a tournament on the 23rd in Rock Hill, SC. Would somebody be willing to give me a ride? I'd be willing to pay gas money and even a tip for your time. I'd love to smash with SC again, and I'm BENT on proving it.

Scha- My goodness, I'm being such a burden aren't I? Let's play as soon as possible, okay?

Edit- Found my cellphone and charging it. But it's telling me I haven't gotten any messages from you bro...how weird...

Also much <3 to SC

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
You could probably talk Thunder/Clemson into coming, I'm sure he'd give you a ride.
Oh true, that's a good idea man. He and TigerZero spotted me a ride to this once a 2009 ago...I'll see what I can do. And in the meantime, practice that parallel parking!

Edit- This may be a bit too short notice for my job but by god I'm going to try everything I can to make it. Sent thunder a PM about compromising a ride. We'll see what goes down. In case Thunder can't make it happen, would anyone else care to offer their smashmobile? Like I said, I'd gladly pay for you to pick me up. Think of it like a taxi service...but better pay =D

The Director

Smash Lord
Kidd I want to play some Melee with you.

I know the last time we met I was totally against Melee. Not anymore my friend, I have seen the light. I don't usually come to these events anymore, but the next time we are in the same place at the same time, there will be Melee.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Kidd I want to play some Melee with you.

I know the last time we met I was totally against Melee. Not anymore my friend, I have seen the light. I don't usually come to these events anymore, but the next time we are in the same place at the same time, there will be Melee.
Yeah? That's great to hear! Ah hahaha yes, there will definitely be melee the next time we see each other. Been maining Peach in that game as well so we'll see how that all goes down. <3
Speaking of playing other people, I'd love to play Lariet again in falcon dittos. It's been too long! Not to mention I want revenge for my losses last time >=D. But hey that falcon is too good so I know it'll be tough the next time we play. <3

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
well guys.

i learned so much at pound.

devin call me tonight i have stories.

Big ups to BMX for being the coolest wario main ever.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Good job on going to Pound 4 man, I bet you had a serious amazing time =D.

On another sad note, I haven't been able to get in contact with thunder, and I have work in the afternoon on sunday, and I can't ask off until I know I have a ride. That being said, chances are I may not be able to make this unless a ride comes quickly. I could always try to lie and make church johns at work for you guys so I can go but if there's no other way I'll just have to wait. Hmmm, it's my fault that I was such short notice though, I'll look into things more in advance when asking for these sorts of things...if anything I'm just glad to be back.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
SC drove ~4hrs to Duke last time and Brawl was completely ignored until 8 o'clock, when Vilt stepped in and started things—even then we had to wait another hour for people to show, when the original start time you gave was 1 o'clock and later 3 o'clock; not sure which the original was intended to be, but I know it wasn't 8 o'clock.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol. well, i scheduled it for 5-6 (which means 6), and doubles started at 6:30 because people called me and told me they were going to be late. if people would show up on time, i would organize it on time. plus this time, it'll be only brawl. i had been organizing brawl, but vilt offered. i was already done with melee so it's not as if i wouldn't have done brawl as well.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
1st time I asked:

We go to all of the NC tournaments, we're all over the place.

We actually just got back from GA—Reflex's PT poon'd me.

Anyway, what time should we show up for Brawl?
aim for 1:30
2nd time I asked:

Can we get a definite time on Brawl?

I've got two setups, a recording station and four players.
if that's the case, then i can say at latest by 3.
Anyway, it started about fifteen minutes 'til eight, but then everything was put on hold for Anthony, Arc & Werc, who didn't arrive until nearly an hour later. I know an eight-teams doubles didn't finish until close to 10:30, but I'm not quite sure when the 15-man singles finished—I left after I lost LF and that was after 1 o'clock, so I'm assuming the two-set GF took until 2'ish.

I know it was Brawl kiddies at a Melee tournament, but even with Brawl being ignored until the later hours of the night, it wouldn't have been so bad had we not waited until after 9 o'clock for people to show up. Regardless of whether they gave a heads-up call, the tournament was supposed to start at one of the times you gave me, and even then, LDPK's crew knew, full-well, that it didn't start at 9 o'clock, so why'd you give the O.K. for them to show up that late? They knew what time they were supposed to be there.

That's not to mention I couldn't keep you on the phone long enough to get directions to the intended parking, which landed me in a $5 parking deck that was a ~10min walk from the venue (through which I carried an entire setup—in the rain), then had to pay a $3 door fee on top of that. Does it even cost to use that room? Isn't it like a student's-center-type deal?

Beyond the point, no disrespect meant, you gave us something to do that weekend, saving us from a SC tournament that was cancelled, so thanks for that, but it was really, just too much.

DJRome

Smash Hero
well i do admit that brawl started way too late, but idk why you did not park in the parking lot. it's definitely a $1 door fee i charged. the $3 is just for melee to provide setups. im sorry you had to pay for parking, but i was on the phone with you for at least 10 minutes and had to run melee in the meantime as well as direct 3 other cars to parking. i had asked vilt to start running things earlier, but apparently that was not the case. my fault for not making sure things went as they should have.

all i can say is that this one will run better and definitely punctually.

Top Bottom