• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hey guys, I was playing teams against the CPU with my friend a few days ago, and one of the opponents was Snake. I had just killed Snake's CPU teammate and that was his last stock. My friend grabbed snake and didn't do anything, and he got out in the form of a jump release. Snake then flew off the edge of the stage and fell to his doom and he started near the middle of FD. Any idea what happened? Thanks in advance.
Wait, CPU snake was the the one grabbed? The only thing I can think of is the old cypher grab gimp...but your wording confuses me a bit.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So this topic has been rose from the dead I see. It's been a while since I posted here, lol. Since his Final Smash update... that long ago.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone give me a estimate on how many tourneys Snake wins compared to MK, and DDD for the past two months or so? I heard that MK wins about four times as many as Snake does and DDD goes about even.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Hey, I don't see a "question / answer thread" so I'm just going to ask here.

Is it possible, after pressing b in the air, to drop the grenade, much like a shield drop on the ground?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey, I don't see a "question / answer thread" so I'm just going to ask here.

Is it possible, after pressing b in the air, to drop the grenade, much like a shield drop on the ground?
Not with out being hit from what I can tell. You might be able to do a "light toss" and then air dodge to grab the grenade again. Worth looking into.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Not with out being hit from what I can tell. You might be able to do a "light toss" and then air dodge to grab the grenade again. Worth looking into.
What does Ally do here, then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ2smhBsSng&feature=related

4:15

He pulls out a grenade in the air and then it seems like he somehow dropped it and allowed it to fall behind him.

It's hard to see because I think he's offscreen when he does it, though.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
That link doesn't work for me... It says "The URL contained a malformed video ID. "

The only way I've ever dropped a grenade in the air is if I get hit and snake drops it automaticall. Or if you shield drop it and pick it back up (when you're on the ground) you can drop it when you're in the air. But you can't drop it in the air otherwise. At least not that I know of.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662

He pulls out a grenade in the air and then it seems like he somehow dropped it and allowed it to fall behind him.

He holds back on the analog and releases the b-button. This makes snake do a lobbing throwing action of the grenade (sort of throwing it straight up) and Ally just DI's forward and away from the path of the nade's fall.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

It looks like he threw a grenade before being attacked, and it exploded on the ground after landing. It's a pretty poor quality vid, so I can't really tell.

Browny

Smash Hater
lulz more glitches

So today my brother was happily camping with snake, just sitting behind his c4 on the ground throwing grenades at me. I picked one up and threw it towards him but once it passed over where the C4 was, it just dropped. it was as if there was some invisible wall where the C4 was. its probably re-creatable as it was quite obvious what happened but i cant do it again for 12 hours at least so just hoping maybe someone else knows what happened before i try to do it again to get a replay.

im quite sure he didnt throw a grenade into mine as we both saw it happen.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If snake sheild drops his second grenade, the first -no matter where it is- will stop and fall straight down. I love mind gaming people with it. They pick it up and try to throw it back only to find I've dropped it for them and it's sitting at their feet. :chuckle:

Also, I found the best (ok, probably not the best, but extremely funny) team eadge guarding technique. When there is just one of them left have snake do his taunt then have your teammate grab the box and throw it backwards off the ledge at them. Then have your teammate turn around, jab you, and then you start the process over again. Box kills are too funny.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Instead of making a new thread I am posting here.

Links DAC for me seems to be like it has the closes exceptional frames to Snakes DAC.

I could not find any Frame data on the execution frames for Links DAC so I come here looking for the exact execution frames of Snakes DAC.

Please only respond if you actually have the frame data to Snake/Link or if you have a lead to where I could find the stuff.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I couldn't find a thread, nor did I want to make my own. So I was curious how do you guys use dtilt? It seems pretty underused, I mean I realize it doesn't have a chance to trip like other dtilts at least i haven't heard that it does. I've found that if they either get high enough percentage or low enough percentage I think dtilit is useful.

Such as if ftilt has been getting stale, and they're still relatively low percentage, I've found at certain percentages dtilt -> nair does a good amount of dmg, sure they can DI and things like that but who's really expecting a dtilt? lol. There's another thread where it tells you the kill percentages on FD for dtilt, the average is about 30% more than utilt.

Just some thought, was curious about how other snakes try to use all his moves.

SaberKnight

Smash Rookie
I never thought snakes Recovery could be offensive. If someone is on a platform high up and you let go of the recovery at the right time the cypher will hit the opponent and do a little damage.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I never thought snakes Recovery could be offensive. If someone is on a platform high up and you let go of the recovery at the right time the cypher will hit the opponent and do a little damage.
I usually try to dodge after someone is trying to attack from above (when I'm recovering). Timed right, you'll hit them, and dodge safely to the ledge. Takes some practice, and doesn't always work, but it could be just enough to save you in a pinch. I would NOT recommend using this as an attack on the stage. Heaven forbid you get while trying attack with it, and then you can't recover. :(

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I doubt I am, lmao...

Ok everyone: (wall of text time, but if you care. Read It.)

I'm grounded for running away, my computer time is limited due to me moving rooms (otherwise I wouldn't have it at all). I should be ungrounded in a week or two, but until then expect few if any updates from me. I have more important things (suprisingly)then SWF. My girlfriends suicidal right now, and going through a really rough time. I'm trying to help her through it. Me and my parents are obviously going through a rough time, otherwise I wouldn't have run away. Other then personal problems with family and my girlfriend, everything is going alright.

Family problems have stopped since I told them things, but I'm still in trouble for running away. So give that 2-3 weeks to settle down and have me return to full activity.

Girlfriends doing better, but still going through a really rough time. She's more important than anything in this world right now, including family. However she won't really affect my activity because I only get to see her at school / school events / when I'm invited by her grandparents to go somewhere, otherwise we text or chat on a dA chat. (god I wish I could drive...)

Anyways, just letting everyone know I'm still here and updates will resume soon. :)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I doubt I am, lmao...

I'm grounded for running away, my computer time is limited due to me moving rooms (otherwise I wouldn't have it at all). I should be ungrounded in a week or two, but until then expect few if any updates from me. I have more important things (suprisingly)then SWF. My girlfriends suicidal right now, and going through a really rough time. I'm trying to help her through it. Me and my parents are obviously going through a rough time, otherwise I wouldn't have run away. Other then personal problems with family and my girlfriend, everything is going alright.

Family problems have stopped since I told them things, but I'm still in trouble for running away. So give that 2-3 weeks to settle down and have me return to full activity.

Girlfriends doing better, but still going through a really rough time. She's more important than anything in this world right now, including family. However she won't really affect my activity because I only get to see her at school / school events / when I'm invited by her grandparents to go somewhere, otherwise we text or chat on a dA chat. (god I wish I could drive...)

Anyways, just letting everyone know I'm still here and updates will resume soon. :)
dang dude, thats crazy, I wish you the best of luck in all of that

too bad you can't make it to WCSL though, its gonna be epic, could have taken your mind off all that for a little while

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Wow, good luck with everything Havokk. If only life's problems could be solved by camping with 'nades and spacing with Ftilt.

chansen

Smash Lord
I doubt I am, lmao...

:chuckle:.....yowza, that stuff is what blogs are for mang....

why can't we talk about how outrageously overpowered utilt is again?

chansen

Smash Lord
Ha Ha.

Is this the Havokk's miserable life thread, or the lets talk about how broken snake is thread?

I misundertand.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
If anyone didnt know this or hasnt been posted snake's rapid jab beats tornado, and Dtilt beats SideB.
Grenade shield, C4, and mortar beat tornado, but jab is much faster, so I guess that would be a better choice

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Ha Ha.

Is this the Havokk's miserable life thread, or the lets talk about how broken snake is thread?

I misundertand.
its a talk about how epic Snake is thread, utilt is epic too, but there's a whole thread dedicated to that so I linked ya there

how about those epic bair stagespikes on ledgecampers guize?

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, I thought I posted this in the stage discussion thread. XD I was all like "Why is everyone talking about stuff that isn't stages. wtf."

**** TL;DRing titles <___<

Top Bottom