• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Oh I come here, just not in this section. I've mostly spent time in the southwest section looking at tourney stuff and chatting with others. My location pretty much explains the rest.

Anyway, what are we talking about?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We are suppose to be talking about Snake lol...

Hmm...I see, well it's nice to see you finally came to your old thread.
:)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL. That description of the matchup is terrible. The one part that made me LOL the most was "Snake have some projectiles in arsenal. The most common one being the Remote Missile (and I wouldn't recommend you using Grenades because there is a delay in the explosion which can easily be avoided and can damage Snake)" Hahaha

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking we could start some sort of Snake in doubles thread. Ya'know like best teammates, stages, combos etc. Basically a thread to help Snakes in a teams match know what to do.

Or should we just have that discussion here?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Somewhere else, and can we let this thread die? lmao

Discussion threads were deemed useless and have been being closed anyways.

Also I made a thread some people may be interested in..

/don't I do that... like daily anyways?

:mewtwo:

Tero.

Smash Champion
I was thinking we could start some sort of Snake in doubles thread. Ya'know like best teammates, stages, combos etc. Basically a thread to help Snakes in a teams match know what to do.

Or should we just have that discussion here?
I think a "Snake in doubles" thread would be cool, so let's do it :)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Fun fact:

I was thinking about stuff to do on an opponent with shield brake

Dsmash behind him
C4 Stick on him
Grenade
Shield
Pick up
Charge Fsmash
= 62% 3 hit combo + C4 = 79%

(All moves fresh and smashes fully charged)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Last time i checked fully charged fsmash didn't kill at low %, correct me if im wrong (ofc depending on %, character and stage).
But yeah you should probably do 30 % instead of 79%
oh yeah and you should probably ignore to words "fun fact" on the top of my post which would indicate something to do j4f.

Ok you guys are right.

SuSa

Ever thought that they can mash and easily escape that before you have time to lay a dsmash + charge Fsmash? What if your grenade goes off before your Fsmash for w/e reason, then you didn't get the kill.

You're also taking damage, just c4 stick and FCFS. While they recover, blow up c4.

Also, FCFS kills at any % that would actually be reasonable for a shield break. I've never (except as Marth) broken a shield with my opponent under 25%.

Depending on what stage and character, and where you broke their shield at, FCFS kills, also dependant on DI which would be up for the most part, in which c4 is 10x better because then they'll die even sooner.

Also, Snake boards. We're ****ing serious.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Ever thought that they can mash and easily escape that before you have time to lay a dsmash + charge Fsmash? What if your grenade goes off before your Fsmash for w/e reason, then you didn't get the kill.

You're also taking damage, just c4 stick and FCFS. While they recover, blow up c4.

Also, FCFS kills at any % that would actually be reasonable for a shield break. I've never (except as Marth) broken a shield with my opponent under 25%.

Depending on what stage and character, and where you broke their shield at, FCFS kills, also dependant on DI which would be up for the most part, in which c4 is 10x better because then they'll die even sooner.

Also, Snake boards. We're ****ing serious.
Man I know that's impossible in real gameplay, I've been playing competitive smash since 06, it was just some random thought i had while messing arround with snake today lawl.

Just relax :)

SuSa

Man I know that's impossible in real gameplay, I've been playing competitive smash since 06, it was just some random thought i had while messing arround with snake today lawl.

Just relax :)
If you're doing it J4F, shouldn't it... you know... work? :laugh: (don't worry, I'm just messing with ya)

:p

Been competitive since '04 myself. Wish I joined SWF sooner, rather then lurking all those years.

Having an '08 join date sucks.

Altaz Link

Smash Apprentice
Last time i checked fully charged fsmash didn't kill at low %, correct me if im wrong (ofc depending on %, character and stage).
But yeah you should probably do 30 % instead of 79%
oh yeah and you should probably ignore to words "fun fact" on the top of my post which would indicate something to do j4f.

Ok you guys are right.
Well Snake isn't called Soild for nothing.

Tero.

Smash Champion
If you're doing it J4F, shouldn't it... you know... work? :laugh: (don't worry, I'm just messing with ya)

:p

Been competitive since '04 myself. Wish I joined SWF sooner, rather then lurking all those years.

Having an '08 join date sucks.
It works ... well if you opponent is having a drink or something ^_^

But yeah 08 join date really sucks, if you could change your nick on smashboards without paying for it i would have a 06 join date (11-02-2006) and 798 posts more lol.

You don't determine skill or knowledge with join dates or post counter anyway so who cares :)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Hey Snakes, should we make a video critique thread so we don't get as many "rate my Snake" threads?

I find those annoying

Tero.

Smash Champion
Hey Snakes, should we make a video critique thread so we don't get as many "rate my Snake" threads?

I find those annoying
Yeah this would probably the best solution, we still won't get rid of those threads anyway because no one reads the ****ing stickies but yeah ... xD

Kiyoo

Smash Rookie
Man, I can't wait to play some more Snake come next tournament. I like the new sig/ava btw Black_Heretic.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Thanks, and call me Syx, thats what it says in both sig and avy :D

What region are you in? (just trying to get an idea of the tournaments you go to)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Are you still going to make this? I guess if there isn't one by tomorrow, I'll just make one. I have pretty much nothing to do tomorrow.
I'll make it now and see how it goes, I doubt people will use it though due to the possibility of it getting lost under all the links and critiques

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
worth a shot, I'll have it up by tomorrow, I'm asking permission from a few people to use their vids for critique to stat it off

sound good?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, it does. You can use any of mine if you want. Haha you should put up my matches vs ___X___'s sonic. I need to be able to beat him lol.

Top Bottom