• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
^ My guess would be the box is his down B - it was the only move not shown in his last update so that would be my guess. Maybe it's like a shield that can defend against FS's

Sinn

Smash Lord
Know what's going to be HILARIOUS?

Snake: Who the Hell is THIS guy?

Otacon: ...that's you, Snake.

Snake: What?! Me!? I'M ME!

Otacon: Well, so is he.

Snake: That's it. ***q* this ****. I'm going home.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think Snake will use the box as a sort of shield of some different sense.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
duuuude, the taunt must be for the box. What else! Otherwise it would be a move and it would have to have some significance

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
Is it just me or does anyone else not want Snake in brawl? I really don't understand why he is in.

At first I thought it was so cool, but when I thought about it, I really do not want him in brawl. Hes just so out of place its ridiculous. Its going to ruin his image from one of the most badass characters ever, to a kid friendly character.

I'm sorry I just REALLY wish he wasn't in.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does anyone else not want Snake in brawl? I really don't understand why he is in.

At first I thought it was so cool, but when I thought about it, I really do not want him in brawl. Hes just so out of place its ridiculous. Its going to ruin his image from one of the most badass characters ever, to a kid friendly character.

Honestly I don't feel like they dulled him down at all. His personality is well intact, they just don't have him shooting people in the face or cutting throats. There's still plenty of firearms and crude jokes.

If he sticks out, it's just because he's more badass than most other characters.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman

gtfo, snake>all brawl characters

Stryks

Smash Hero

Yeah bazooka-ing people in the face, and using mines and snapping charaters necks is so E for Everyone

seriously be happy we got a 3rd party, he opened the doors for guys like sonic and (f'yeah!) Megaman...

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
never....japanese dubbed snakes voice is deeper and more badass...eng dubbed snake voice weird did you here the way he said mario.......fug dug

since when has ja.p become censored thats bull ****

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace

ruin his image? he goes around catching monkeys in snake eater. yes i know that its actually the big boss but seriously kojima himself has a sense of humor and this is shown throught the metal gear games

never....japanese dubbed snakes voice is deeper and more badass...eng dubbed snake voice weird did you here the way he said mario.......fug dug

since when has ja.p become censored thats bull ****
funny thing hideo himself prefers the english dub as it is superior and yes david hayter is the one doing snakes voice in brawl

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

since when has *** become censored thats bull ****
For the same reason the n word and several others are.

Just calling someone that or even just using the slur can be quite offensive! I'm sure you didn't know, but look up your WWII History.

I'm also quite annoyed at you for censor bypassing it, so I fixed it in my quote. That's almost as bad as people using the f word slur. grr...

On topic. Snake rocks, as does his english voice actor. David does a great job, I think. I remember playing the Twin Snakes and having a great time.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
ruin his image? he goes around catching monkeys in snake eater. yes i know that its actually the big boss but seriously kojima himself has a sense of humor and this is shown throught the metal gear games
actually it was the solid snake. campbell gives you the monkey mission briefing and does refer you as solid snake.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Snakes looks like character i really want to play with

they could have atleast gave him the tranquilizer gun to
people to sleep

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else disappointed by his Smash Attacks and how they aren't as instantaneous as previous Smash Attacks? They seem to be able to be easily interrupted but then again I'm just basing my opinion off of Snake digging a hole to put the mine in on Delfino Plaza. I don't know, I hope the Smash Attacks actually Smash and not just be extensions of his special moves, you know?

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
On the Sep. 21st DOJO update Sakurai is quoted saying: It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance—so do his Smash attacks. Can that be?

And then right after the quote it shows him launching a missile into the air and planting a mine so that's what leads me to believe those are his Smash attacks. Then it goes in depth with his special moves after those two pictures. And I think that his VB is some sort of box counter/attack which is what most are speculating also.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
And then right after the quote it shows him launching a missile into the air and planting a mine so that's what leads me to believe those are his Smash attacks. Then it goes in depth with his special moves after those two pictures. And I think that his VB is some sort of box counter/attack which is what most are speculating also.

Hmmm... That is quite odd, but a good insight on that idea. 0_0; Snake really is different. XD

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
That's really gonna make him a weird character

I don't think i'd like that so much

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that does make Snake really different if it's true and I'm not sure I'd like it much either. It'd feel really... I dunno, weird. >_<

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
It's quite a nuisance to think up a Final Smash for him huh? Possibly a mass bombing across the stage?

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
Or one of the metal gears from one of the previous games could come in, (ex. from MGS 3, the Shagohod)

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it'd be the Shagohad seeing as that was destroyed before Solid Snake was even created but a Metal Gear Rex is probable. I can't think of anything else that would even be considered a possibility, honestly.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I doubt it'd be the Shagohad seeing as that was destroyed before Solid Snake was even created but a Metal Gear Rex is probable. I can't think of anything else that would even be considered a possibility, honestly.
actually, REX will probably not be his Final Smash because REX will be part of his Helipad stage which will make an appearance and strike on players occasionally, my best guss would have to be a mass bombing across the stage, or shooting a bunch of stinger missiles

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I am mucho happy that Snake is in brawl when i first seen the video with him in it i\'m pretty sure i came close to having a heart attack because of excitement it was awesome and it looks like they\'ve done a good job of him so i\'m happy. And the possibility of seeing a 3 modle of Metal Gear in Snakes stage is deadly as well.

Top Bottom