• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
AHHH! SNAKE OVERLOAD!!!

i love everything about the updates. the confirmation of David Hayter as Snake, the confirmation of other Metal Gear voice actors, stage entrances returning, and just seeing Snake in action.

I'm with you Odin. Mario and Bowser, move aside. Snake is on his way to becoming my main

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
AHHH! SNAKE OVERLOAD!!!

i love everything about the updates. the confirmation of David Hayter as Snake, the confirmation of other Metal Gear voice actors, stage entrances returning, and just seeing Snake in action.

I'm with you Odin. Mario and Bowser, move aside. Snake is on his way to becoming my main
You know, I didn't think of that; It certainly does look like stage entrances are back. W00t sauce!

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I love how the still kept the feel and style of MGS when it comes to Snake, instead of just throwing him into the game like some filler character.
Yeah. Characters are developed better in this game and they all have more background. Snake's character is awesome cause he brought some of his radio friends along. =D

Talendime

Smash Ace
This update makes Snake by far the most humorous character.

I'm really glad they made a good stage for him too. This Shadow Moses layout looks really enjoyable.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Even better than his character profile and special move update, so much confirmed in 1 small video, David Hayter + other voice actors, Special Move uses, Smash uses, Snake's KICK-*** attacks, especially the one in the air, quatro kick :), snapping necks!, and finally, what I've always wanted since Melee was out....the over-the-top sound effects when you hit someone, gives a better feeling when smashing, at least that's what I think, just like SSB64...
At these times you feel privileged (spelled right :ohwell:?) to be a Smash Bros Player and Nintendo fan...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Just realized something watching the video a second time...

1) Shields are back, along with power shielding

2) The 'Box' is not Snake's shield

3) The 'Box' is an item?
i have to say it's his down b (his box). i mean that update with the 4 special move types...the down b is used for "unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks." Snake's down B HAS to be the box, and it's like Wario's bike. you can pick it up and use it as an item

dk64

Smash Cadet
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

well i hope u all realise that sankes not really gonna be in brawl. all these updates and such are just a well thought out practical joke by nintendo.:lick: like theres ever gonna be a non nintendo character in smash, lol:laugh:

dk64

Smash Cadet
i have to say it's his down b (his box). i mean that update with the 4 special move types...the down b is used for "unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks." Snake's down B HAS to be the box, and it's like Wario's bike. you can pick it up and use it as an item
so do u think we'll be able to pick up marios F.L.U.D.D. thing and use it like an item? just a thought.:confused:

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
lol does one of snakes grab move knock the opponent out?

off-topic (dif game)
what the hell is up with rayden's jaw in the new Metal gear?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I think I might have just found a new main. I considered it since the last update with his actual profile update, but today's update seals the deal.

At this rate, I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot of Snake players, especially since their making him out to be quite the cloned super solider that he is even within a few limitations in place.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Awesome, just awesome, Snake plays very awesomely, not being fast but having power and it seems good combo-ability as well, my fav. type of character, im so using him...

the codec vids are so awesome, lol at "it lays eggs, so it has to be a female right?
not exactly according t what he said hes a he
it can talk?!"

"farting... are you kidding me?!"

lol epic epic update...

also seems like intros r back XD

Banks

Smash Hero
lol u have no idea still how good snake will be, chill out with how awesome he plays and that he's gonna be your main. that video doesnt reveal much./.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
It looks like he was sleeping under his box. Could he possibly have been slowly healing?

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
^^ Box recovery. Sounds good for a down special. I was thinking the box might just be a general item, but that sounds pretty plausible.

I wanted to mention his presumed down smash where he plants a mine. He's shown burying it in sand in the vid, but what about other places? Will it just sit there in plain sight? Also, I think it's more of a remote mine. After the codec convo. he pulls out a detonator and blows something up on the ground. But, he would have to be on the ground if this is his down smash.

I guess that keeps it from being the ultimate anti-edgeguard: plant mine on edge -> get knocked off ->destroy edgeguarder with mine -> recover without any problem.

Talendime

Smash Ace
off-topic (dif game)
what the hell is up with rayden's jaw in the new Metal gear?
I think its part of his prosthetic body, since he's pretty much a complete robot now-- save for his spine and head, every part of his body, including his organs and blood (which is now an artificial white-coloured substitute), is now robotic.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Awesome, just awesome, Snake plays very awesomely, not being fast but having power and it seems good combo-ability as well, my fav. type of character, im so using him...

the codec vids are so awesome, lol at "it lays eggs, so it has to be a female right?
not exactly according t what he said hes a he
it can talk?!"

"farting... are you kidding me?!"

lol epic epic update...

also seems like intros r back XD

What does he say in his intro? Idk, MIGHT be a taunt but I want the intros back.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I find it interesting that snake would do a neck snap. how do you think this leaves the character?
a.paralyzed(temporarily)
b.the same as when your character falls on their back after forced over the edge
c.the same as when your asleep(metal gear style)
d.other

Top Bottom