• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Question, would you guys consider snake to be more heavy or middleweight? I'm hoping he's middleweight, as thats more my style, but he looks like he could go either way. Any opinions?

T-major

Smash Champion
Question, would you guys consider snake to be more heavy or middleweight? I'm hoping he's middleweight, as thats more my style, but he looks like he could go either way. Any opinions?
I'm guessing Middle weight, but probably one of the heavier middle weights; what with all the weapons and all...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm guessing Middle weight, but probably one of the heavier middle weights; what with all the weapons and all...
THat's not how Smash works...Weight is more for balance reasons that if they are holding anything.

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
I love this, its about close to mgs that i will get without buying a ps3. Im skeptical about his b up, this guy will be the first i use if not unlockable.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I think Snake's gonna rely on his standard moves because his special moves look kinda crap to me.
really? i like his special moves! there's so much potential in them. the only one i'm doubting is the cypher, cause i don't know if it does any damage at all, and if it has any horizontal distance applied to it

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I really don't care for the Cypher, but this character is looking solid regardless. Could it just be becasue it's Snake?

I predict he'll actually be fairly quick... Maybe like Samus. His run and moves in the trailer seem like they've got some finesse...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
BTW taunt will either initiate an instant KO agains all characters, or an instant victory.

It's plausible. And you know it is, because it's Snake.

But really, I think he'll stroke his beard............ which will result in an instant KO!!! AHAHAHA...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Snake gets the info on all the people he fights, they are tring to make him a god.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...How do you kill someone on Snake's stage?

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Snake is now the best character for Brawl, "How about I capture one so we can see what they taste like" (Yoshi). Snake's dry sense of humor is funny as all hell and way out of place around the Nintendo cast, in other words, Perfect.

I wonder what the new Metal Gear is, it must be the yet to be announced one from MGS4.

courte

Smash Lord
SEEN IT and it was so **** sexy omg actual gameplay footage for decent measure

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Same way you get KOed on the sides in Onett, or either of the Mushroom Kingdom stages...?
yeah, but there are rocky cliffs on the other side of the wall

Sinn

Smash Lord
Then mayhaps the cliff works like the hill in Yoshi's stage from Melee. They do look sloped, after all.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Same way you get KOed on the sides in Onett, or either of the Mushroom Kingdom stages...?
I think this deserves a quoted for truth, the whole truth, and all that jazz.

QFT

I think Shadow Moses is going to be my fav. stage, right along side with Battlefield and FD.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm liking the "caged death-match" thing that they were describing. I LOVED that little cave in the Hyrule Temple stage <3

MyBurden

Smash Cadet
I love how the still kept the feel and style of MGS when it comes to Snake, instead of just throwing him into the game like some filler character.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Snake IS my new main. ;)

Those clips were awesome. Sealed the deal for me on who I'm gonna main in Brawl.

Now, regarding the stage, I'm almost positive we'll be seeing another stage. This one doesn't look like it goes indoors. Unless they scrapped(?) that stage, I think we'll be seeing at least one more.

And hopefully, one more character. Grey Fox anyone?

Top Bottom