• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You would've thought that Solid Snake wouldn't be shown until mid-November. Guess Sakurai couldn't wait to reveal him.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Its cool hes in and all, but that was known, I wish they could have said at least something about his style of play!

:034:

Smash Hero
Holy crap. This update convinced me to main Snake. He's like a mixture of Captain Falcon and Samus. With a beard.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
^^ It almost looks like he "convinced" Ike to impale himself with his sword. That grab is looking a little extreme for smash bros. He could break his arm, snap his neck, smother him to death...craziness. It does look pretty awesomoe, tho.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i think its about ime they announced him....they waited like metaknight.....but we know some of his moves now...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
YES!!! updated the first post with both his profile and special moves

this is one of the updates i've been DYING to see (the other being online and Ridley) and we finally get it! i've been so looking forward to seeing Snake in action, and he is going to be one of my new mains

so what did we get today?

his profile picture seems to be the only one to change. while the others kept the same, Snake seems more...shiny. i liked the other one more because he looks more...badass. but the screenshots make up for it. then we see one of his aerials (i think his bair), his Nikita, his grab (i knew something like this would show up!), and his cardboard box (i think this will be his down b and do something like Metaknight's Dimensional Cape where he blends into the background to dodge attacks...well he did it in the E3 trailer, and all things there seems to show up here)

Music...great. i always love the music updates, and this has a definite Metal Gear feeling. and it's cool we're getting songs from MGS4, and not just from the games seen on the Nintendo platforms

Special Moves-LOVE THEM!! Smash Up and Down seem to be the first screenshots. and we know know what that bomb was shown in the first post before i edited it was actually from the mortar round. oh, and we got claymore mines...sweet.

Nikita. Love it. The fact I can control it. Genuis. I can't attack unless i shield out of it. Very Genius! very true to the Metal Gear games, and i know whenever i get a chance, i'll be controling missiles from a distance.

Grenades...well we were right about grenades being a part of his arsenal. at least there's control to the throw, and you can control when you take the pin out. Unlike Link's bombs where it starts counting down the moment you take it out, Snake can take it out, carry it forever, take the pin out, THEN throw it. and it's cool to see the implementation of where the control stick is to control how far you throw the grenade

lastly...Cypher. i was hoping for an acrobatic type of recovery, but this is ok. probably in the same manner of Peach's Parasol, except it looks like you don't move. it just looks like it lifts you up in the air. maybe there is a little horizontal movement, which i really hope

Snake is gonna be kickass. i can't wait to play him

RWB

Smash Ace
^^ It almost looks like he "convinced" Ike to impale himself with his sword. That grab is looking a little extreme for smash bros. He could break his arm, snap his neck, smother him to death...craziness. It does look pretty awesomoe, tho.
That's supposed to be extreme for SSB? XD

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Guys, instead of wondering how is he going to grab kirby and pikachu like that, you should wonder how the heck is he pretending to grab BOWSER like that.

There's several tecnical dificulties here. You cant cover his mouth with a hand, you cant possibly stand behind him like htat without impaing yourself, and i dont even think snake's arm is long enough to reach bowser's face from behind him anyway.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I'd like to see him in action. As a Metal Gear Solid fan who's beaten all three titles, and Snake being my favorite character in any video game, there's a good chance that he'll become my main, along with Mario, Meta Knight, and probably Ike.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Guys, instead of wondering how is he going to grab kirby and pikachu like that, you should wonder how the heck is he pretending to grab BOWSER like that.

There's several tecnical dificulties here. You cant cover his mouth with a hand, you cant possibly stand behind him like htat without impaing yourself, and i dont even think snake's arm is long enough to reach bowser's face from behind him anyway.
That's something I was wondering about also. The characters in Smash Bros have a large diversity when it comes to figures, shapes and sizes, so it makes me wonder how he'll be able to grab small, non-humanoid characters like Kirby and Yoshi as well as characters much larger than himself such as Donkey Kong and Bowser. It should be pretty interesting to see him pull it off, but Bowser does sound the trickiest simply because his size (let alone detail issues like his spiked back).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Considering that there was a shot on the site showing Bowser arm going through his own shell I don't think they care.

More importantly it's clear that Sakurai is trying to tell us Snake will be high tier with that Ike pic.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Anyone noticed that his profile picture is different than the one the showed some time ago in the old dojo site??

no big deal really, but they havent changed anyone pic so far, so it just got my attention

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, and i like the previous one better. makes him darker and more badass

but the screenshots are amazing anyway, so i don't mind

EDIT: yeah, i thought about that too Odin, and i assume it will be like Metaknight's Dimensional Cape. he'll blend himself into the background to dodge attacks. i mean everything in the E3 trailer was shown to be true, and the box was in the background when the Nintendog attacked

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
yeah...it's his Socom. he probably won't use it, but even in the profile pic he has one in his holster
I know it's the SOCOM, but I'm surprised it's even there, actually. I just remember that there was a big deal about not including it in Brawl. :shrug:

I dunno. I guess I'm the only one who cares.

Still, can't effing wait.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Didn't captain falcon have a gun but never used it? Maybe it was a gun holster without the gun, I can't remember *boots up smash bros to take a look*

GenG

Smash Lord
Somewhere in 4chan. I wonder why that video hasn't been leaked yet.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, never seen that before. I suppose he is just gonna do that grab move on everyone... even though it looks kind of funky.

EDIT: Wait I just of something, what about grabing the IC like that? If he grabs one then the other can hit him can't they? Lolz, I guess we will find these things out in time.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's always been an issue with Ice climbers. The only character that has me curious about this grab is Bowser due to being big and spiky. Charizard might be quite odd too, but I can imagine it somewhat.

First Ike, now Mario, whose the next poor soul to get violated by Snake.

Top Bottom