• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Snake for top tier! :chuckle:

I wonder why they waited this late, along with no mention of him otherwise outside of trailers and being an unlockable. From the looks of things, Snake looks like he's gonna be a pretty unique character, mainly the non-standard standard moves and ya, I'm sure that sounded weird. I almost feel like playing as him first, if he would a starter. I never expected that recovery however. What were the ideas that people came up with for Snake's recovery before we found out what it truly was?

As for the "no secret characters before release" theory, well, I don't think that's been proven false yet. Snake may be unlockable, but he's not secret, since we already knew about him. He could have been the one exception. So till a unlockable character (besides Snake) is confirmed before release, I think the theory still stands.
THANK YOU...or the "All 3rd party are secret theory" though...

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I remembered joking about with one of my real life friends on how Snake's grab would be a way to take out a stock without knocking them out of the arena. As for Snake grabbing Kirby...

Kirby: You can't break my non-existence neck.

Snake: Then I'll just break your whole body!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We did, and he's playable, not an AT... Maybe you didn't notice that he's in the character section now too?

*sigh* So many people who can't read properly.
You people must be taking some freaky ****, man...or your blind

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think that this shows that hidden characters can be revealed too. Snake is confirmed a hidden character and we have no idea if we have to unlock the other new-comers as of now:ohwell:.

Well, we finnally got Snake out of the way. . . anything from now on will be new or a vet (no more "is it going to be a "new comer" that we knew of?" ) if it's a character release.

I fore-see alot of character move updates to come.:p
I think it's going to be a well before we see a new-comer. . . maybe 3-4 weeks with a vet in the next 1-2 weeks.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
yay, spammable explosives, one of the things I like Link so much for...well..

I play Y.link mainly but still, throwable explosives FTW.

Tony_

Smash Ace
I think that this shows that hidden characters can be revealed too. Snake is confirmed a hidden character and we have no idea if we have to unlock the other new-comers as of now:ohwell:..
Snake wouldn't be revealed this early if he was an unlockable. If he is an unlockable, then it would probably involve beating adventure mode in someway.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lol at your last comment psycho.

whoever says snake is an AT is just a moron
...actually it was me...I like messing with newbies and people that can't take a joke...

...they keep on bringing it up over and over so I keep messing with them

Black/Light

Smash Master
Snake wouldn't be revealed this early if he was an unlockable. If he is an unlockable, then it would probably involve beating adventure mode in someway.
Sakurai confirmed that he would be unlockable when he said that "all 3rd party charaters will be unlockable". And this "early"??? The game comes out in 2 months and we seem to, at the most, get 1-2 character a week IF we get a character for said week...and said character can be a vet or new comer.

Really, he is unlockable. . . .and this is pretty late in the game to be revealing him.

Takalth

Smash Ace
...actually it was me...I like messing with newbies and people that can't take a joke...

So in other words, you're a troll. The first post as a joke, I understand, but the rest was just trolling.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

oh, then lol at that too:laugh:

Sakurai confirmed that he would be unlockable when he said that "all 3rd party charaters will be unlockable". And this "early"??? The game comes out in 2 months and we seem to, at the most, get 1-2 character a week IF we get a character for said week...and said character can be a vet or new comer.

Really, he is unlockable. . . .and this is pretty late in the game to be revealing him.
QFT

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Something doesn’t make senses
In the pictures it shows Snakes up B, side B, and neutral B. However it doesn’t say what his down B will be instead they have two pictures showing snake at the beginning of the update placing a claymore mine and shooting a rocket propelled grenade ..thing.
What does this mean?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the pictures it shows Snakes up B, side B, and neutral B. However it doesn’t say what his down B will be instead they have two pictures showing snake at the beginning of the update placing a claymore mine and shooting a rocket propelled grenade ..thing.
What does this mean?
They said the Box was in his moveset...

Unless...OH!!! Entry things are back at the start of the match!!!

Black/Light

Smash Master
What does this mean?
Those are Snake's Smash attacks.

That Box is likely his Bv.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the Box is snakes start up animation...entry...whatever it's called

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Since snake basically has unlimited items like that mine thing, im wondering if some moron somewhere will try to ban him from tournaments.

I can see it now, "Snake has proxy mines! zomgee!!!11!!!"

im confident that he will be a balanced character that isnt overpowered

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question.

A lot of people seem to have drawn the concluded that the Mine is either Snake's Down Smash or his unmentioned down special. Which is cool I guess.

During the second trailer shown at Nintendo World, Snake dodges behind pit smacks him down and then pulls out an RPG and blasts Pit with it at point blank range. Back then people thought that it was either his down smash or his down speical. So....anyone want to take a guess as to what's what?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Here's a question.

A lot of people seem to have drawn the concluded that the Mine is either Snake's Down Smash or his unmentioned down special. Which is cool I guess.

During the second trailer shown at Nintendo World, Snake dodges behind pit smacks him down and then pulls out an RPG and blasts Pit with it at point blank range. Back then people thought that it was either his down smash or his down speical. So....anyone want to take a guess as to what's what?
My guess would be the Down B since most characters in ssbm down smash would hit in front and behind them.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question.

During the second trailer shown at Nintendo World, Snake dodges behind pit smacks him down and then pulls out an RPG and blasts Pit with it at point blank range. Back then people thought that it was either his down smash or his down special. So....anyone want to take a guess as to what's what?

My thought is that Snake's down smash is being replaced with the Land Mine because he already has a missile launcher.

Also seeing how Mario was flying backwards when snake was standing up from using his box, it seems that his box isn't his shield, but his down special. Kinda like the Fox's/Falco's Shine, it has some sort of shielding ability, but instead, can only do damage or knock back if he stands up. I could be entirely wrong though.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
looking at the videos & screenshots, all of his smash and B moves are confirmed

D-smash = Mine
U-smash = Artillery
F-smash = The knee--->vertical smackdown thingie he does in a vid

Up-b = Cypher (hope there is another Up-B for ground-uses)
Side b= Nikita Missile Launcher
N-B= Grenade

The RPG (or Nikita) in the second vid is his Down-B move, OR it could be that the Side-B Nikita is aimable when pulling it out, it could also be that the Mine is his down-b and that his down-smash has to be seen yet....
Well too many guesses, we'll see soon what really what is...
Anyone got an idea when SSBB is released in Europe, or heard a rumor or something?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Who are the patriots?
la-li-lul-le-lo...

How do you know our alphabet only has 26 letters? How do you know there weren't once more? How does one know whether "Gulf War Syndrome" was legitimate, or whether the shots the soliders were given contained certain genomic altercations? What have the Patriots told you?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
So I'm assuming Snake's a starter. I think that they'll tell us when they start showing hidden characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Snake's techniques are too specilized and unique...

Famine

Smash Rookie
So, now that snake has been confirmed, When kirby swallow snake does he gain Grenades and a Mullet?

Discuss!

Top Bottom