• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
actually, REX will probably not be his Final Smash because REX will be part of his Helipad stage which will make an appearance and strike on players occasionally, my best guss would have to be a mass bombing across the stage, or shooting a bunch of stinger missiles
Well, if he did hop into a Metal Gear REX for his FS I admit it wouldn't be very spontaneous considering Shadow Moses has REX but I think anything less would be, well, less . A mass bombing doesn't do the character justice and same with the Stingers IMO.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Just wanted to say that Snake is def. gonna be my main until CF is unlocked. Yes, CF will be in there :p.

Anyway, the moment I saw Snake appear in that comical yet secret agent-ish way from the first brawl trailer, something inside me just said "He's your next main."

The submission-like/chokehold grabs are just too cool.

Strange thing is, I stopped following the MGS series after playing SoL, so I never really got into it. The coming of Snake was like a blindside because I was thinking all-out nintendo fighters.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
CF is gonna be my main as well

him or Mario

Snake seems really different really wanna try him out

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
The one from the PS3 game?

I think they should have the Big Boss costume with the face paint

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I still say they should go with my suggestion.
They could make it easier if he wears certain camoflauge from MGS3, like his Moss, Spirit, Fire, and Snow Camos. This would essentially make him Big Boss though, kind of like Falcon's red color making him Blood Falcon.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That's pretty cool. By the way, is the Twin Snakes better than the original?
I'll put an end to this now. The original has slightly better voice acting and is cheaper, but avoiid this if you can't stand 32 and 64-bit graphics. Also, it can considerably be harder to find than the Twin Snnakes.
The Twin Snakes has all of MGS2's updates on the control scheme and physics, is better looking, and has cameos too.
Choose wisely.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Twin Snakes in my opinion is better. The controls are much better, despite still being quite a bit difficult. Snake has all of his moves from Sons of Liberty, including edge grabing and first-person view. It also has dog tags, a boss Survival Mode, looks much better, is only $15 at a Gamestop. However, in both cases, the game is still very short, filled to the brim with cutscenes, and not a ton of gameplay. Still, a great game.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Maybe he'll be like samus: Heavy but floaty at the same time, I for one am dying to try out snake, not before pit and metaknight, but If everything goes well, snake will be my 3rd, with being my 1st and mario my second XD
He can't be floaty. He has a lot of equipment like Link, so his falling speed should be average.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice

You'll have to excuse me if it's been brought up before, but what is this? A flamethrower?

I'm curious because one would assume his up smash was the rocket from his move update, and I have always assumed his uptilt was the upwards kick we see him use against pit in the nintendo world movie. (right before he shoots the rocket at the floor)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

You'll have to excuse me if it's been brought up before, but what is this? A flamethrower?

I'm curious because one would assume his up smash was the rocket from his move update, and I have always assumed his uptilt was the upwards kick we see him use against pit in the nintendo world movie. (right before he shoots the rocket at the floor)
can't you see that that is Mario's Fireball?, *sheesh*

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
On Snake's Smash Wiki page, it has his down special being the cardboard box but it doesn't consider Snake planting the claymore his down special. I doubt that his down smash would be the claymore planting.

I would think that his shield is the cardboard box like Yoshi's specialized shield.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
I think snake is too real.
He'll inflict so much damage with his real weapons, that characters he defeats will only be able to play in wheelchairs from then on.

Although it would be sweet to watch luigi run mario over in a wheelchair......

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
i wasn't expecting the box to be one of his taunts, but at least it's included. i wonder what the other two will be...
All ready ahead of you buddy.

His other taunts have already been shown. The exclamation mark and remote detonation.

Considering the circumstances, Since the box is close to the ground his down taunt would be the cardboard box. The other assigned directions for the other two taunts are in the air, because he flicks the remote detonator in the air which is above him, and the exclamation mark appears above his head.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Exclamation Mark has only appeared in the spotlight, and Yoshi was shown with it.

I'm leaning more towards one of the following:
1) "Infinite Ammo"
2) Ocelot Gesture
3) Salute

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Oh right, I had forgotten about Yoshi's exclamation mark on the Shadow Mosses stage.

I'm hoping it's not going to be the grand "It's show time!" gesture.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well I was thinking since his down smash is him planting a mine, that for his side taunt, he flips out the remote detonator and sets it off if nobody happens to step on it by then.

That young Ocelot gesture is drop dead sexy. Would definately be sensible to be his taunt, Ocelot has made a name for himself.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Yeah but then you're a fan of Ocelot, not Snake right? lol
Uhmm well no thats not what I meant.

Fans of the entire series, not just Snake. Ocelot is one of the most important characters right up there with Snake. And his hand gesture is just classic.

Fans of Snake = fans of the series = fans of Ocelot and his hand gesture :laugh:

You'd be hard pressed to find a fan who didn't abide by that formula.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I REMEMBER THAT PUNCH.

I'm a bigger fan of Grey Fox, but Snake is still bad ***. Since Snake's design if of MGS2, and his stage is of MGS, I have a feeling they're going to implement something important from MGS3 and 4 to cover all bases.

I hope they give us a Naked Snake's camo suit, Old Snake palette with white hair and a mustache, and a vested one from Twin Snakes.

Even if some argue that it's "Solid Snake", the game does refer to Snake as Snake, not "Solid Snake", plus the game should be nonsensical. It would just be an alternate costume like the way Peach swaps Daisy's palette. Just consider it aesthetic. (:

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I suppose, but Iriqois Pliskin kind of subtracts from the whole Snake feeling. When I think of Snake, I always picture skin-tight clothing with a bandanna. Pliskin is more of a generic solider who's face looks exactly like Snake... even though we all know well that it is Snake. xD

If they put Raiden as one of his alternate designs, I don't know if I'll hurl or rejoice. Hurl would be because I felt like Snake just got slapped in the face by getting a himshe as an alternate oufit or rejoice because deep down, I have an appreciation for his uber 1337ness in MGS4.

Top Bottom