• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Pliskin was twice the man you'll ever be! :p
Doesn't Raiden get killed in MGS4? I remember seeing him dying, and I remember laughing about it.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO, if that's the case, RAIDEN IS TWICE THE MAN YOU'LL EVAR BEE! xD

I haven't seen any recent videos of MGS though, so I dunno about Raiden dying. Last I saw of him, he impaled himself to stab Vamp behind him.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Pliskin was twice the man you'll ever be! :p
Doesn't Raiden get killed in MGS4? I remember seeing him dying, and I remember laughing about it.
He was near death, but didn't die.

The devs would not show a main character die in a trailer.. I hope..

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy that snakes in. Also, my theory about several moves are--
down-tilt will be the mine
Smash-down will be the rocket launcher that only hits on one side (from the second trailer)
Forwar-smash woud be his knee-fist strike (from the second trailer)
^tilt will be the twist upward kick (from the second trailer)
If these are old news, my bad.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Snake's appearance in Smash surprised me even more than Sonic's appearance. Snake is one of my fave videogame characters and I could not describe in words how awesome it is to see him in SSB. I can't wait to try him out.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
The only thing I'm really hoping for now is alternate costumes, or at LEAST an alternate colour that adds an..

EYE-PATCH!!

And Raiden doesn't 'die' in the trailer, however there's definately going to be SOME kind of conflict involving him, I think he'll be a side character with major story elements / appearances effecting Snake in a direct way.

Jesus, I love those games..

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I can't wait to see his costumes.
well...there you go!

Snake looks PIMP in his costumes! camo for one, stripes for the next, spots for the last. i'm guessing one of those have to be his alt. costume for team matches (probably the left one, cause it's mostly blue anyway), so i wonder what he'll look like when he's red, and what other alt. stuff he'll have

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I know what thos camos are from: MGS 3 of course. Read my post in the Different Costumes topic to know which ones they are.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Im glad that they're going a little beyond simple 'colours' and adding stuff like new designs and in Snake's case, camo. In Melee an alternate colour for Snake would have been same outfit, different colour, but this is almost a brand new costume!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Characters will have at least six different colors, there is still the chance he'll have his MGS4 palette. Oh yes.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Same, I wouldn't gripe, but I have a feeling that Kojima would like to cover all bases and present something from MGS4 in Brawl.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
True that, after all Kojima has been waiting since melee to get Snake in.

Says that he even made up the stage design for Shadow Moses Island.

If MGS4's costume layout was in, I wouldn't be suprised, as much work as Kojima has been putting in.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Lol, yeah, Cypher, from SOL I believe. Anyways, unfortunately if he's horrible I'm not going to main him, because I'm going to be playing to win, however, he will definitely be "My Character" that I use for fun, and competitive fun also.

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
I was about to start a new thread on this question, but I decided to not create any spam.

Is it just me, or does Snake seem like a fixed Young Link? It's rather apparent that Snake is very projectile/item dependent character. After all, how is a "normal" human going to stand up against everyone else in brawl without weapons? It seems like we "have" to spam the long/mid-range weapons in order to win certain match-ups, if not all.

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
I was about to start a new thread on this question, but I decided to not create any spam.

Is it just me, or does Snake seem like a fixed Young Link? It's rather apparent that Snake is very projectile/item dependent character. After all, how is a "normal" human going to stand up against everyone else in brawl without weapons? It seems like we "have" to spam the long/mid-range weapons in order to win certain match-ups, if not all.
For all we know, snake could be a very agile character and could end up being like falcon like some have suggested. Plus snake isn't just some "normal" human. :)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
No, he's not agile. I've spoken with people that went to E4all, and he's slow. Slow and heavy. Picture Ganon, that's what we're talking about here. Ganon with projectiles. And yeah, projectiles will be an important part of his game.

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
No, he's not agile. I've spoken with people that went to E4all, and he's slow. Slow and heavy. Picture Ganon, that's what we're talking about here. Ganon with projectiles. And yeah, projectiles will be an important part of his game.
Snake wasen't playable at E4All, unless your talking about some sort of video that was there.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I actually hope he IS horrible.

Or at least gimped in some way, much like Link was in Melee. I need a character that takes skill to use, otherwise you'll get people saying "Oh, you just won because he's so easy to use or he's high teir blah blah". That's the kind of flack I hate and it really discourages me from using certain characters. For example, as soon as I pick up Samus, I obliterate my friends, and people just get mad. Samus is so versatile and has so many great moves, it just seems unfair to people. When I win as Link, my friends have more of a "Yeaaah good job" attitude.

So I REALLY hope Snake is very hard to pick up, so I can use him all the time without persecution lol.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
I sort of agree with both of you. I want Snake to be hard to master so there's not tons of noobs playing as him online and at tourneys, and I don't want him to be god tier so all the pro players use him. Link level would be nice, so you wouldn't be considered cheap for using him. I don't want him to be awful though. Somewhere in the mid tier range would be nice.

Top Bottom