• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Pliskin

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to play as Snake. My only worry is his moves will be too laggy.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The costume on the right isn't any exact camo in particular despite it having the exact patter of the Snake camo, but I got that pattern and color on the title Screen of MGS3. Just poke around on the title screen of MGS3 and you'll get it.
All my CP problems are solved so I can visit the forums again!

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
k, few thoughts here
1. As we can see from the Snake vs Mario vid, Snake has the C4. So assuming that it's his down b, how would he detonate it? and can he perhaps plant more than 1? I never tried more than 1 in MGS, so anyone know?
2. So let's say that it is his down b. Any chance that it acts like Samus's missiles? For example, if you smash down b you get C4s. But when you tilt down b, you get Claymores.or maybe when you hold down, you make it a claymore. i dunno.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
o ic
so what was that detonation animation in that mario vs snake vid is that like separate lol

iMichael

Smash Lord
in the trailer snake lays the mine then does a little tho throw and lays him down on it.
Can we get a link to the video? I'd really like to see Snake in action, because he is one of the characters that you can't put in your head. His moveset is really, weird and you'd think they all have so much startup lag.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
final smash added to the first post. and i have to say, best final smash i've seen. one more great reason to main snake.

anyway, because of the targeting reticule, i'm thinking the wii mote, with or without nunchuk, may be used to target. that would make this final smash that much more unique

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
what i'm afraid is if the rpgs have a small hitbox. that way, snake would never hit anyone. i hope it doesn't disappear into the background, but blows up after it passes through the stage. or you could shoot the ground and hope that it explodes. dunno

Dynamism

Smash Lord
He is a very unique character with a new playstyle. For those who "main" a select few characters, he will be one that will take special care. He isn't like anything we're used to. Kind of like the ICs were so different in melee. His Upsmash isn't an Upsmash. His Dsmash isn't a Dsmash. He is just as good and/or bad as every character in the game but is like he is from a different game in terms of what moves/buttons to use to hit someone. Which is so appropriate for a 3rd Party :)

And I'm glad they are incorporating the Dragoony and SnakeFSy thing into Brawl.

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone
i had a dream about smash last night and i wanna tell you about it.
It was the day when the game come out and i got it early. i went home planning to play it all day. I called up my best friend anthony and his brother to come and play with me. We set it up and each picked a character at random to start off the first battle. Anthony got kirby and His brother got King Dedede. when i picked random i got Snake which was kinda weird becouse i almost forgot snake was in smash. I went and played the match and owned everyone!! It was amazing!!

Does this mean anything though?? Is it like some message telling me that I should Main snake??
What do you guys think??

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, C4 is remote detonated, so he could plant it and then activate it when someone is close by.

Or it could be like a mine, although that would be too much like the Motion Sensor...

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
just realized again how godly snake will be at edgeguarding
plant a claymore and a c4 side by side at the ledge
someone decides to go for the ledge, he goes boom
someone decides to go for the platform, c4 goes boom
someone decides to air dodge to get on to ledge without claymore going boom, c4 goes boom and triggers claymore anyway
you could always throw grenades and shoot rockets as well

courte

Smash Lord
so is anyone going to update his moves in the first post or do we just want to keep the mystery... we all remember the Mine of course... i'm wondering, after the new videos is that the c4 that he's planting?? i could see them changing the look to the purpose of the game, but what about that rocket launcher to the ground?? is that his F-Smash or D-Smash not to mention that kick elbow combo

WHAT IS WHAT!!

J18

Smash Journeyman
at first i really didn't care about snake, but after seeing the test battle update on the japanese page, i'm really excited to try snake out in brawl

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
so is anyone going to update his moves in the first post or do we just want to keep the mystery... we all remember the Mine of course... i'm wondering, after the new videos is that the c4 that he's planting?? i could see them changing the look to the purpose of the game, but what about that rocket launcher to the ground?? is that his F-Smash or D-Smash not to mention that kick elbow combo

WHAT IS WHAT!!
i'd post the moveset, but i won't for two reasons-

one, we don't know all the moves yet

two, SWF lags so much lately that i really don't want to try and end up not being able to load the page.

that, and i'm too busy/lazy to do it all professional and all-knowingly and stuff.

but i can post what I can tell so far without going into detail

AAA-Punch, Punch, Kick combo

Tilt Forward A-Punch, Downward Punch

Smash A-Rocket Launcher (first seen in Nintendo World Trailer)

Smash Up A-Whatever that thing is in the first screenshot in Snake's Special Moves (can't remember the d*** name of the thing)

Smash Down A-Mine

Aerial A or Aerial Forward A-That downwards kick he does (shown in the Nintendo World Trailer)

Aerial Up A-Upwards kick (seen in the Japanese Wi-fi match)

Throw Down-Neck Snap (or, just sets the guy on the ground)

Throw Back-Suplex

B moves, we know them, but C4 is new. i love the combo Snake did in the Japanese 5 minute trailer. Sets C4, grabs Link, snaps neck, sets him on C4, blows up C4. coolest combo ever!

still lookin forward to maining Snake!

Yes!!

Smash Rookie
Guys, I dont want to self advertise or anything, but if there are any moveset questions please look here.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138992

This thread has ALL of Snake's moves, videos where you can see every single one, the time in each video when the move is shown (so you can find them easier), and possible uses for each move.

I think this thread would help a lot of people and answer a lot of questions.

It solves a lot of debates, it solves the mines debate, the rockets, etc. The thread goes in depth with every single move.

I repeat, Snake's ENTIRE MOVESET is listed there. Just tryin' to help guys. =)

Jais

Smash Rookie
Played Snake extensively today. It seems his air normals are hella slow and lose to other air normals real bad. ( Except during windmills on Pokeman stadium, then spam neutral). I am going to try and implement not jumping as much .

Day 1 imperssions

Forward smash- better than Bowsers in Melee (killed Pit midscreen at %50)
Up Smash - Amazing
ou can't combo off down throw.
You can't shiled grab over mines ( they blow you up)
His ledge gaurding game is great.
Jumping Up A and back A are only good for combo
You can combo off of up throw.
running A launches- can combo at low damage.
You can let go of his Up B at any time w/ L trigger.
You can drop a Down B in the air, Up B, let go, Down B to detonate.
Ground is where you will win. AAA and forward tilt combos out.
Zone all day ( Bridget >< )
He is gonna suck on stages tahat require constant jumping.
Crawl is useful to go under projectiles
His throw range is small
Up tilt is comboable after up throw.
jumping neutral outs after the 4th hit
Final Destination will bone you if you activate Up B under the Platform
He is slow.

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
That's some impressive Snake playing you've got there (I watched through Youtube). Snake intrigues me because he seems to be reliant on a bunch of gizzmos that AREN'T useless like most gimmicky characters in other games, thus making pre-planning, mind games, and whatnot much more important than raw tech skill. The TF2 Spy of SSBB per-say?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Hey ******, can you tell me if it's possible/practical to do 2 of Snake's jabs then just go to the RPG smash while they are still staggered?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Hey ******, can you tell me if it's possible/practical to do 2 of Snake's jabs then just go to the RPG smash while they are still staggered?
i doubt they'll be staggered long enough but its worth a try, I would think the foward tilt to Fsmash may work slightly better but the first part of the foward tilt can actually knock them away if they have too much damage

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
That does sound more practical. Though I noticed in your vids people tended to shield the RPG easily so hopefully it doesnt have much lag after using it.

Top Bottom