• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
There's a difference between "correct" and "intelligent".
If you have to ask what that difference is, you do not possess the latter.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
M2K is good

50$ plz
LOL @ me. I just realized what the following quote was referring to. The response remains fairly correct though.

Too bad brinboy doesn't get his 50. I was actually thinking about coughing up.

There's a difference between "correct" and "intelligent".
If you have to ask what that difference is, you do not possess the latter.
As reasonable as this is. Mostly it just bugs me how much inane **** brinboy posts. I was ranting a bit, sorry.

XienZo

Smash Lord
lol, I finally got a consensus that Olimar could beat MK on SMI but...

has this turned into a spam thread?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
LOL @ me. I just realized what the following quote was referring to. The response remains fairly correct though.

Too bad brinboy doesn't get his 50. I was actually thinking about coughing up.

As reasonable as this is. Mostly it just bugs me how much inane **** brinboy posts. I was ranting a bit, sorry.
look, if you wanna flame/insult me, then PM me or something. honestly, nobody cares. and...you were thinking of coughing up? i dont think so...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
on a side note -

from ankonku's list...of summer '08

S Rank
1 Snake (6 top8, 4 top4, 2 top2, 3 wins, 66 pts)
2 Meta Knight (6 top8, 6 top4, 2 top2, 1 win, 54 pts)

snake won/placed higher then MK.......yea....

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
MK has the advantage on Snake.

Go ahead, call me ignorant.
QFT, mainly because I've said it many times before.

Seriously? How are low percentage kills enough to make up for the poking and damage-building capicity MK has in this match-up?

Sure, they're both nearly ungimpable, but MK takes every recovery out of Snake's hide.

Very ignorant stuff
I don't feel like pointing out the others, so I'll just take Marth...

No, just no. It's almost a hard counter. Marth is a 65-35 match-up, MK's advantage. Marth has no way to control MK on the ground, he's outranged by MK's safe moves (sure, fsmash and shieldbreaker outrange MK, but what does that matter if those are the moves you should never use except as punishment in very selective circumstances?).

Don't get me started about the air...

Sure, Marth can punish well, but what is there to punish?! MK's moves are incredibly safe if used properly, even kill moves.

Really, Marth has no defenses against MK's gimp game, just as a final nail in the coffin.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
on a side note -

from ankonku's list...of summer '08

S Rank
1 Snake (6 top8, 4 top4, 2 top2, 3 wins, 66 pts)
2 Meta Knight (6 top8, 6 top4, 2 top2, 1 win, 54 pts)

snake won/placed higher then MK.......yea....
Until Meta Knights figured out how to beat Snake. Now they are miles ahead of him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sure, they're both nearly ungimpable, but MK takes every recovery out of Snake's hide.
Meta Knight can Up+B at Snake's Up+B recovery with virtually no repercussion beyond a few % damage from colliding with the Cypher.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Meta Knight can Up+B at Snake's Up+B recovery with virtually no repercussion beyond a few % damage from colliding with the Cypher.
I could be wrong, but if Meta Knight Up+B the Cypher, hits the Cypher, and hadn't used all his jumps, then he can continue jumping, right?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Correct, you no longer lose your jumps from using Up+B. Of course, that doesn't really matter, since Meta Knight can just Up+B back to the stage or something...

GofG

Smash Champion
brinboy, it's you versus everyone in this thread. While there are people who share your point of view (myself, for instance), you just look stupid. Leave please.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm fine with waiting a few more months until Brawl is a year old, to make a final decision about MK's status.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
So... here is an experiment to test how correct Panda's example with Mario in the OP is.

Who is your main/secondaries? And are there any situations in which MK is not better than them?

Zero Suit Samus- I can't really think of any situation in which ZSS is a better matchup... Maybe Fox? She can chain him I guess but hitting a Dsmash can be hard. I think MK does about as well.

Ummmm... I can't think of any where ZSS may be a better choice than MK. So really any ZSS main "playing to win" should use MK.

Pokemon Trainer- Nope. No matchups that I'd rather have MK. But this is more due to a lack of many good matchups for PT.

Zelda- I may take Zelda over MK in a few situations. Against Dedede I think. MK doesn't do poorly but Zelda dominates him. I've also personally found Zelda to dominate Luigi but this could just be my personal experience and MK can probably shut him down as effectively if not better. I can't think of any other situations in which Zelda is better than MK. So again if I was playing to win I should ditch Zelda and use MK.

How about your mains?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
brinboy, it's you versus everyone in this thread. While there are people who share your point of view (myself, for instance), you just look stupid. Leave please.
Lol brinboy again?

Is this a daily thing where he just comes in and gets owned by everyone?

:093:
@ both of you: did i SAY anything? i already said i wouldnt post enough. ****, i dont know what to say about people who are biased with other people. if you dont like my posts, then ignore them for all i care. its not like im gonna post much on thsi thread anyway. and i didnt post anything major, GofG, stfu. and its not me versus everybody. its you being biased toward me, thats what it is.

Leh

Smash Ace
Its easily avoidable as snake, you can mix up your DJ, Airdodge, Nair and Cypher while you are falling. At no point should you be off the stage and not high in the air (unless you failed to DI a hit, which is completely your fault), as long as you are in the Air and use your DJ well and mixup between the 4, its easy to avoid being gimped (though it could still happen, it can be dealt with).

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
So basically this thread is for increasing your post count, having fun flaming others, repeating ridiculous lines and spamming for random crap's sake.

Heh, count me in!

On-topic: Are we really getting anywhere, SamuraiPanda?

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Well........ no T-T. My main ike i sometimes do well against MK cause the spacing and stuff still they tend to cause more damage its a win win chance against me still mk keeps having more level. SECDRIES: link not even gonna say it. DK: not to bad a little bit MK:i almost always loose
Yeah mostly MK is better but still banning him..... idk

And yeah every line here(inlcuding me) its like spamming but we can at least hear the spamming ideas about mk's banning and see what they think make a conclusion.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So basically this thread is for increasing your post count, having fun flaming others, repeating ridiculous lines and spamming for random crap's sake.

Heh, count me in!

On-topic: Are we really getting anywhere, SamuraiPanda?
No.

10mkbans

GofG

Smash Champion
No. This is all you're getting.
Code:
Rank	Character	top8	top4	top2	top1	Score
1	Meta Knight	34	21	14	22	826.6835417
2	Snake		21	14	8	12	304.9591667
Metaknight has nearly 3x the amount of points that Snake has.

Anyone else even see this?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Metaknight has nearly 3x the amount of points that Snake has.

Anyone else even see this?
You sport a great point. I wholely agree, but as usual in this thread both your and my posts will just be flooded away in the endless flow of chaos, spam, flaming, and insanity.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Does that even count multiple MKs in a single tournament being in Top 8?
Yes it does.

I would assume that if the HOBO11 results were calculated in the list (I'm not sure if they ever did get added) that the increase to Metaknight's points would be quite massive as he had like 5 placing in a large tournament. HOBO 11 was a weird experience. I remember talking with Xyro mid event and figuring out we had about 20 Metaknights in brackets and some more that didn't make it out of pools. It was pretty insane. I recall at one point there were five TVs showing metaknight dittos and even more than involved at least one player as Meta. I'm curious to see what will happen with HOBO 12 seeing as how they plan to ban Metaknight from it. It will probably be a much different experience.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^It would be hilarious if all the MK players suddenly decide to pick up Marth, only to get ***** because he's much harder to play as (I mean in comparison to MK, though Marth players in general will say that Marth is dificult to be good with).

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I'm not really trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I recently did a breakdown of the elements of what makes up Brawl as a 1 vs. 1 fighting game. The results are here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199108

Decide for yourself whether it's indicative of anything or not.
I suppose this is pretty much just supporting the general idea here... MK is broken and thus should be banned. But no matter who posts their opinion here, you aren't listened to and your post is lost in the shuffle of chaotic flaming and spam.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
^^It would be hilarious if all the MK players suddenly decide to pick up Marth, only to get ***** because he's much harder to play as (I mean in comparison to MK, though Marth players in general will say that Marth is dificult to be good with).
It's true. R.O.B.s tend to only go toe-to-toe with Marths at very high levels of play. Anything lower, and the Marth just can't get the sweetspots well enough.

I suppose this is pretty much just supporting the general idea here... MK is broken and thus should be banned. But no matter who posts their opinion here, you aren't listened to and your post is lost in the shuffle of chaotic flaming and spam.
If that is what you believe, then why are you wasting your time posting here?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Rabbits are cute.

There's my two cents in this thread of insanity.

On-topic: I agree with DRaGZ and Dark Sonic. Marth is so much harder to really master than MK that I doubt he'd be the new MK if MK were banned.

Gee... I said MK thrice in the same sentence. Ironic.

Puppies.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
No **** sherlock. But I'm not on the level of people competing with M2K for the big money.

50$ you'll post everything you'll ever post at SWF without saying anything intelligent.
wow

that was massacre

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
cut the flaming, this is a serious topic. if you haven't noticed, people from the sbr are coming in this thread and listening to what we have to say even though they have their own thread.

and stop talking about m2k like you know him, unless you actually do and then i guess you can say whatever the hell you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom