• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow!

Smash Lord
If you guys are gung-ho about banning MK, make or find a signature that clearly states "ban MK" and put it in your sig. The constant visual effect is a powerful one and makes me happy. :)
Will do. With an instruction for self-copying, too.

10 bans

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Uh, online petitions have never meant a thing.
It's more about inspiring confidence in those that want MK banned because they'll see "ban MK" everywhere and re-establish the idea that banning MK isn't some crazy dream of two guys, but rather a large section of the community.

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
yeah, so MK is beatable... just saw a neo video with some great marth playing tech's... you just have to be unpredictable and punish at the EXACT right time... using his range and unorthodox jumping directions make metaknight seem a lot more beatable.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
It's pretty well established that a Meta Knight and a Marth on the same level below anything other than very high level play will have Meta Knight squarely advantaged.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
The issue is AT the higher level of play, not below it.

...and the therad is dueling with the Tips vs. MK thread pretty directly, this thread is about MK being banned and the TvMK thread is about M2K not wanting MK banned. K?

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
As a Bowser player, I can understand how rough Meta Knight is. I don't give up and CP MK myself. I just keep using Bowser and Dedede. Still, good Meta Knights are painfully rough to deal with and there's more and more of them popping up.

Should Meta Knight be banned, though? Honestly, I say no. I want to wait a while before I say he's completely a lost cause to play against before I say to ban him. It looks bad now, but it's not set in stone just yet. Besides, using Bowser vs Meta Knight is helping my Bowser get better.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
yeah, so MK is beatable... just saw a neo video with some great marth playing tech's... you just have to be unpredictable and punish at the EXACT right time... using his range and unorthodox jumping directions make metaknight seem a lot more beatable.
That's funny, because neo wants him banned.

D

Deleted member

Should Meta Knight be banned, though? Honestly, I say no. I want to wait a while before I say he's completely a lost cause to play against before I say to ban him. It looks bad now, but it's not set in stone just yet. Besides, using Bowser vs Meta Knight is helping my Bowser get better.
Some good points there. Once the Meta Knight population starts taking over tournaments, I think that's time to push the kill switch. I mean, like, fifty percent of entrants playing Meta Knight, ninety-five percent of tournaments being won by then... which is entirely possible.

Sliq

Smash Master
As a Bowser player, I can understand how rough Meta Knight is. I don't give up and CP MK myself. I just keep using Bowser and Dedede. Still, good Meta Knights are painfully rough to deal with and there's more and more of them popping up.

Bowser does well against MK, and if yoyu aren't then you are bad.

Whther or not MK get's the axe, we can all agree that MK mains ar pussies. Big, fat, floppy, stinky pussies who should be ostracized and ridiculed.

Those guys are assholes.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I think it is not MK who is imbalanced or broken... it is just his tornado... if his tornado would be like the IC's f-b-move (which is quite compareable i think) it would be perfectly ok i think...
restrict or ban his tornado... not the whole character

Snail

Smash Lord
I think it is not MK who is imbalanced or broken... it is just his tornado... if his tornado would be like the IC's f-b-move (which is quite compareable i think) it would be perfectly ok i think...
restrict or ban his tornado... not the whole character
You can't ban a move. "Whoops, I hit B!" "OGM DISQUALIFIED!" Seriously. It's not just the tornado that's broken :/

Sliq

Smash Master
AiB is to Smashboard what Canada is to America. Sure, you've met some cool people from there, but everyone talks funny and uses the metric system.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
AiB is to Smashboard what Canada is to America. Sure, you've met some cool people from there, but everyone talks funny and uses the metric system.
It's like a loft apartment right above a really awesome party.

D

Deleted member

Smash Boards is Sakurai's right nut, AiB is Sakurai's left nut.

The anus is the IGN Smash board.

Sliq

Smash Master
I just farted in my cubicle at work and now am planning on going ot the shop and finishing my model.

Smash Boards is Sakurai's right nut, AiB is Sakurai's left nut.

The anus is the IGN Smash board.
You aren't funny. Either don't post or quit life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom