• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Podcast! (Ep. 4 - DL OUT!)

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Actually, an entire board of sonics spammed and basically guaranteed that Overswarm isn't giving them another back room topic about the subject. You guys sure will be jealous if the back room had something super special planned for all these characters :(
it became spam because you guys never bothered to respond to us

Overswarm

is laughing at you
it became spam because you guys never bothered to respond to us
It became spam because you guys are as bad on forums as your character is in Smash.

We aren't required to respond to you, or even give you a WCD. We don't get paid for this. You have no entitlement.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
you guys never stop amazing me.

you actually have a legitimate opposing argument, so you just say we're more important than you, you are lucky to have us.

we are really not. half of the people back there shouldn't be, and you know exactly who i'm talking about. you're status on this website is a joke if you don't even hear the community out. sure, the sonic boards spam, but that was because you ignored us the second the board was created.

your elitist attitude is wrong on so many levels.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I have to agree with Memphis here, he's bringing up legitimate points.

Look, it's clear that you guys didn't have much Sonic knowledge at all, that much was shown in his write up (hell, even non-Sonic mains were complaining about it.)
Yes our board has a lot of spam in it, but that's the only reason it's as active as it is. We've probably got the most information down out of any of the character boards, but your 'lol don't care about Sonic' attitude has meant that you haven't even bothered researching the character. I mean, it's not exactly hard to look in the stickies is it? Something that mods go on about all the bloody time.

Overswarm, you're acting like an ***. Part of the reason we've got that much spam is because we're completely ignored by the rest of the smash community, as we're seen as maining a joke character, even though he's actually a decent character if anyone bothers looking at him properly. Like, character match-ups are often 20:80 or 30:70 against us, despite our board having no conversation at all with theirs, when discussing match-ups is something we're particularly good at (apart from that one Lucario discussion >_>) Even when we present people with facts they're just blindly ignored through lack of wanting to learn/bias against the character.

We're ignored. Our questions aren't answered. We're not taken seriously.

That's why we are how we are, and that's the only reason. Don't tell us otherwise.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
^^ true. Alot of ppl ignore sonic and the stupid 'no priority myth' continues on. But wait till u see sonic's fair go thorugh MKs Drill rush then u'll think different. (Seen that in tourney lol)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That myth came about with all the scrubby Sonic's spindashing from one end of the stage to somebody else at the other hoping not to get hit out of it >_>

It's like saying Ike's too slow to do anything. The Ike's only bad and slow if moves are used at the wrong time. Sonic has a plethora of moves with high priority, and some with invincibility frames. But people are going to chose to ignore/not believe that lol. He also has a fair few moves that cut through MK's more troublesome moves.
o wait. You can dtilt in place with MK and Sonic can't do ****.
:\

We're not really fussed anymore. We're re-organising the Sonic boards to be more newb friendly/helpful, make the useful info more findable. Who cares if people who don't come there are gonna carry on being ignorant, at least those who make the effort are gonna be rewarded, those who are gonna play the character, who we're ultimately trying to help.

At least you're educated Ninjalink ^_^

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
we actually have some really intelligent posts on our board that explain why people think sonic sucks.
if you sbrers actually took the time to not be ***** then you would see our side

infomon

Smash Scientist
Guys, we did screw up the Sonic weekly char discussion thread, myself included. We knew well in advance that they weren't going to understand Sonic's moveset, since obviously there aren't many SBR members who play Sonic, or even play against him very often. The SBR's looking for members, it's no secret, and Sonic's not currently relevant to high-level play. OS will admit he doesn't even really play Brawl anymore, since MK's sheer dominance rules out the potential for lower-tiers to ever amount to much significance (which arguably makes most of these character discussions totally moot).

We could have just politely asked them to read the stickies (lol I know, but seriously), and added our own researched opinions about Sonic to the thread, so it wouldn't have been complete fail. In retrospect, that would've been better than spamming it with the intention of having it taken down. <----- myself included.

:urg: Sonic boards are getting cleaned up, as ROOOOY pointed out. If the Sonic boards can purge all the spam, then I'd hope some members of the SBR will eventually return the favour by learning how the character works (from our clean boards, perhaps) and at some point give us another chance. Then we can all be a big happy family and eat steak.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
It became spam because you guys are as bad on forums as your character is in Smash.
This is a myth. Anyone who's been actually paying attention over the past month should know that's the spam is reducing. >_>

We aren't required to respond to you, or even give you a WCD. We don't get paid for this. You have no entitlement.
This. It's a privilege for people to be accepted into the Broom. The people with the greatest achievements and depth of knowledge are allowed into the Broom so that they may share the methods and knowledge to fellow smashers to help them get better and up the metagame. They are not there to use the status as if they better then everyone else. They're meant to be a benefit to the Smash community. That includes the Sonic mainers that you haven't helped so much so far. If you feel that you 'don't have to give a WCD to Sonic' then ask yourself the question of why you are in the back room in the first place and what it's meant for.

infomon

Smash Scientist
.... the SBR isn't meant for silly WCD's.... that's been very largely the hard work of Overswarm and SamulaiPrada, afaik, and was as much a fun community-building exercise as a metagame-development project. We hurt and insulted them by our treatment of that thread; which was a response from us of having been insulted by their comments, which they interpret largely as us whining "bawww sonic's a good character", which it wasn't. But whatever. They're under absolutely no obligation to do WCD stuff, I agree with them about that.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I'm not trying to look like a **** when I fight with you guys, I actually have high respects for most of you (which includes you Panda).

The only way you people respond to anything is when we act like *****, so its hard to come off nice. If you remember, I tried to talk to several of you in a nice manner, but you refused to listen.

It's really just not sonic either, i have seen some really dumb posts about other characters by some of the sbr people.

does it make sense that people who show next to no knowledge of the game make the biggest decisions in a forum where the public can't even view? NOOOOOOOOO it doesn't. I know for a fact that some of the people back there should not be, and all of you that post back there feel the same way. That problem should be fixed, i mean, there are still people back there from that wifiwars event that show nothing in their posts but a purple name.

these issues could even go back to post brawl, evo, and mlg related things.

i hope you guys start picking up some slack and start fixing things, like we are doing in the sonic forum.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
LOOK, we don't need Sonic mains, unintentionally or not, perpetuating the "myth" about them by spamming THIS thread, which has nothing to do about Sonic at ALL.

I'll ask nicely to please get back on topic regarding the episode involving Meta Knight, not a blue blur.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
That myth came about with all the scrubby Sonic's spindashing from one end of the stage to somebody else at the other hoping not to get hit out of it >_>

It's like saying Ike's too slow to do anything. The Ike's only bad and slow if moves are used at the wrong time. Sonic has a plethora of moves with high priority, and some with invincibility frames. But people are going to chose to ignore/not believe that lol. He also has a fair few moves that cut through MK's more troublesome moves.
o wait. You can dtilt in place with MK and Sonic can't do ****.
:\

We're not really fussed anymore. We're re-organising the Sonic boards to be more newb friendly/helpful, make the useful info more findable. Who cares if people who don't come there are gonna carry on being ignorant, at least those who make the effort are gonna be rewarded, those who are gonna play the character, who we're ultimately trying to help.

At least you're educated Ninjalink ^_^
Of course i am. I'm a sonic user as well. As for MK. I hope to have vids to show examples of how to beat him with multiple characters. I have diddy, Rob(adding more as of now), Zelda(adding now), and Toon Link. This would help......somewhat.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not that this should effect anything, but I don't think I voiced anything regarding Sonic because I simply had no opinion on the character in relation to any character other than Diddy (obviously).

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol SBR should follow Dazwa and Kel and Mow's policy when it comes to shiz like this:

i post something if i know something about that character and i've at least tested them in live matches with some people
i don't post anything if i really don't know anything at all.

that simple

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
nooooooononononono.

i'm not "anti"-sbr. don't think that.
I'm anti-"lets ignore people who we think are stupid becasue they play a certain character lolololool"
and anti-"im in the sbr so i'm more important than you lololololol"

95% of its members fall under those two categories.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Not that this should effect anything, but I don't think I voiced anything regarding Sonic because I simply had no opinion on the character in relation to any character other than Diddy (obviously).
Diddy vs. Sonic is too fun. ^_^

What's there to talk about with MK though? Everything left is just rehashed arguments from the past two months. It's really just sitting back and waiting to see if he fulfills the criteria for banishment isn't it?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
oh wait guys, they want to avoid the sonic topic. we are getting ignored again.
i don't get why they ****ing avoid the topic so much, its not like we are going away.

but whatever, now we have to talk about a good character

meta knight is broken, lets ban him lulz

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Well in all seriousness,

MK is the only thing left in the shallow failure that is Brawl.

I mean, there's nothing huge left in the game to discover.

Only thing left: banning MK.

:093:

Emerald CHA0S

Smash Rookie
Listen up guys, you've came in and you've made your point.

Stop and see what the other side says and prepare rebuttals if they disagree again, acting like idiots and spamming this thread isn't going to get you anywhere.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

Stop and see what the other side says and prepare rebuttals if they disagree again, acting like idiots and spamming this thread isn't going to get you anywhere.
Read the last 3 post, 'idiot'. This is now about the pod cast again. I think it's too early to ban metaknight.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master

You're telling people of the Sonic boards to stop spamming?

That's like telling the Lucario boards to stay on topic.

It's not gonna work.

Amethyst

Smash Apprentice
bunch of idiots even suggesting banning MK so what, in all fighting games there are unfair chars, like venom marvel vs capcom, tesetment guilty gear, my piont being is just stop, either if u cant beat em join em or just stop.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I never said I supported it. lrn2read scrubs.

I was merely suggesting that it was the only topic to really discuss around here.

Amethyst

Smash Apprentice
Well you did say "MK is the only thing left in the shallow failure that is Brawl.

I mean, there's nothing huge left in the game to discover.

Only thing left: banning MK."

Im sure alot of people can say part of it comes down to think on your feet.

Amethyst

Smash Apprentice
I just belive sure he is godly, sure in the hands of a pro he is impossible but thast no reason to ban him...
How long did it take to figure something out like wave dashing since melee's release. I say give it time glitches and exploits of chars are being found almost every week, also allow DDD's infinates its somthing against the demon. As an MK I know he has weaknesses mabye not so helpful, but he does have weaknesses.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I just belive sure he is godly, sure in the hands of a pro he is impossible but thast no reason to ban him...
How long did it take to figure something out like wave dashing since melee's release. I say give it time glitches and exploits of chars are being found almost every week, also allow DDD's infinates its somthing against the demon. As an MK I know he has weaknesses mabye not so helpful, but he does have weaknesses.
he'll still dominate during that time, only making matters worse.

i honestly could no care less if he's banned or not, but i don't see why a temp ban of x amount of months would not work while the meta game evolves

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
This is where you start failing.

Most of Melee's ATs were found around a MONTH or two after the games release.

Brawl has been out for about 8 1/2 months.

So yeah.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
At the same time there is random stuff ppl find out later on. Since a MASS amount ppl gave up their main for MK, it'll slow down the process. Theres STILL stuff in melee ppl found out recently like that auto sweetspot thing on Battlefield for Falcon. And that silly shadowball glitch with mewtwo. U never know.

Top Bottom