• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Podcast! (Ep. 4 - DL OUT!)

noobpota2

Smash Apprentice
well Depending On How You Look At The Calendar, In General, Sunday Is Considered The First Day Of The Week. They Lied To Us In That Sense. Now Many Others Believe Monday But... I Just Want The **** Download. Rage!!!
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
All right: according to american and english calendars, the week has ended.

So, unless Youko lives in Europe, I guess that the podcast is up for download, isn't it?

Ps: I live in Europe, so the week ends tonight.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
exactly, i can remember when youko told me on xbox live that the newest episode would be out on 26th of october, it is infact now th 9th of november :)
That was when it went LIVE. And then it changed, so you should have stayed up to date on the SMYN thread for that tidbit.

And I know that NONE of you even understand the politics that I'm having to go through with this podcast (even though I've been repeating it ad nauseum for the past week), so it's easiest for you all to just complain incessantly. I'll try to find a way to get something up today somehow, since you all have been SOOO patient...

Now I have to prep organization for next week's episode of SMYN...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just finished Downloading.
Thanks Youko!

Title Ideas (been said before):
The SBR SmashCast
By the Sword of Ken
The SBR KarpKast?

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Okay Great show only thing is have you guys ever thought of making it a Video podcast.

I know it probably wouldn't do much for the show but theirs something special in have visual in a talk show. It much more entertaining and their are more ways that you can interact with the audience.

All in all it was good.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
The problem lies in the fact that adding video files to the podcast feed could potentially screw things up, not to mention that since all the debaters are in different locations when they're recording, trying to play video from all of them at once would be insane. Plus not everyone has webcam access.

Although it wouldn't be the first time that a video show was done for SMYN, and Youko and Panda usually interact with the audience anyway via the live streams.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
The problem lies in the fact that adding video files to the podcast feed could potentially screw things up, not to mention that since all the debaters are in different locations when they're recording, trying to play video from all of them at once would be insane. Plus not everyone has webcam access.

Although it wouldn't be the first time that a video show was done for SMYN, and Youko and Panda usually interact with the audience anyway via the live streams.
Do any of the show members live close to each other. Then you could have a central location we the main show would be at. And then when someone from another location came they could just play a prerecorded movie or audio. Sort of like the news but not live.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i just finished listening.
that tier list sonic discussion kind of got me a little angry.
i never said anything about sonic's spot on the list, it was more about the character himself. i agree with his spot, just not the misconceptions with playing him.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
i just finished listening.
that tier list sonic discussion kind of got me a little angry.
i never said anything about sonic's spot on the list, it was more about the character himself. i agree with his spot, just not the misconceptions with playing him.
Seriously..... while listening I was thinking..... Have they ever PLAYED as Sonic? Are they judging this off a computer? Sonic does NOT have to homing attack to get past Dtilt spam. That's just ********. The Sonic discussion couldn't be dumber if they were saying that Falco can't force people to approach. Or if they said that MK's get wrecked by Falcons. I just.....don't get how they came to their Sonic conclusions.

I do like that we counter Inui though. ^_^

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Seriously..... while listening I was thinking..... Have they ever PLAYED as Sonic? Are they judging this off a computer? Sonic does NOT have to homing attack to get past Dtilt spam. That's just ********. The Sonic discussion couldn't be dumber if they were saying that Falco can't force people to approach. Or if they said that MK's get wrecked by Falcons. I just.....don't get how they came to their Sonic conclusions.

I do like that we counter Inui though. ^_^
Terios you can't expect much though when none of them are maining him. I heard what was said about the dtilt spam and shook my head in disgust. We both know that there are so many more options than approaching with a home attack.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
"Metaknight is light."
Everyone: "WehfasoifaofjapgopgWTF!"

That part was hillarious.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Youko for being so awesome!
Just finished Downloading.
Thanks Youko!

Title Ideas (been said before):
The SBR SmashCast
By the Sword of Ken
The SBR KarpKast?
I support those two!

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I forget who said it but this was hilarious:

"I do this thing against sonic where I just ignore his hit-boxes, and it seems to work pretty well. I act like he’s a moving target that doesn’t attack, and his moves always lose."

Great job guys!

Oh and for a potential name:

The Broomer Closet I pray I don't have to explain it.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
SBR: You want answers?

SWF: I think I'm entitled to them.

SBR: You want answers?

SWF: I want the SBR!

SBR: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SMASH BACK ROOM! Smashers, we live in a world that has Meta Knight. And those Meta Knights have to be played by Brawlers with skillz. Who's gonna do it? You? You, scrubs? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Captain Falcon and you curse Sakurai. You have that luxury. You have the luxury not knowing what I know: that Melee's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the SBR. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at tournaments, you want us to ban Meta Knight. You need us to ban Meta Knight.
We use words like spacing, edgeguarding, mindgames...we use these words as the backbone to a game spent three-stocking someone. You use 'em as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to scrubs who learn and play under the blanket of the very rules and analysis we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it! We'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a Meta Knight and win a tournament. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

****ing

epic

if you've seen a few good men, you'll think that was the greatest thing ever

anyway

"You Can't Handle the Back Room!" imo. YCHBR for short...? can't handle the back room...can't handle sbr...chsbr...

or you could call it the truth or some variant thereof with sbr in there. since i guess that's what the sbr is. right sonic mains?

also, you could toss some COME ON, STEP IT UP! or WE'RE TOO FAST in the title.

COME ON, STEP IT UP! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SMASH BACK ROOM! YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

or

COSIU!YCHSBR!YTS!

for short

****ing epic

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Your post was epic Steeler, though I think you wrote the second half on crack, its nearly unreadable.

What Steeler means to say is call the show: You Can't Handle the SBR.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Terios you can't expect much though when none of them are maining him. I heard what was said about the dtilt spam and shook my head in disgust. We both know that there are so many more options than approaching with a home attack.
Yeah. I gave that a lot of thought actually. It's the Sonic's fault really.... We spammed the boards. We acted like *******s to new users. Scaring away potentially good players as well as the idiots. Sonic Master5 seemed dumb but he's about as good as _X_ who knows who we scared off/made not want to talk to us. Mr. 3000, Blue and who knows who else don't want anything to do with us. We have TONS of information. But only people who are there CONSTANTLY can fish it out. We screwed ourselves from being taken seriously and we have no one to blame but ourselves......

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
its kinda pathetic that the people that "call the shots" say stupider things about some characters than people new to the boards.

and lol @ panda and H2YL. that also shows something.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
its kinda pathetic that the people that "call the shots" say stupider things about some characters than people new to the boards.

and lol @ panda and H2YL. that also shows something.
Yeah, it shows he doesn't live on the EC and didn't play Melee.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
he played melee, and you know them. Kentucky isn't exactly EC
No, I never played Melee competitively. Hell, I can't even wavedash consistently. Shocking, right? Anyways, I knew about H2YL, I just didn't know what it stood for. You're just trying to be a **** right now, and failing at it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
No, I never played Melee competitively. Hell, I can't even wavedash consistently. Shocking, right? Anyways, I knew about H2YL, I just didn't know what it stood for. You're just trying to be a **** right now, and failing at it.
You played Ganon. It's not like you even HAD to. Just keep on with your bunny hoppins. ^_^

Also. I WANNA BE A SMASH RESEARCHER!

And somebody answer those questions I posted. T_T

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
You where the one being the **** when we, as an entire forum (sonic), tried to talk to you guys abouta character you clearly know nothing about and shrugged us off.

maybe you should be a researcher, cause clear you don't know enough and being a douche bag about it

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You where the one being the **** when we, as an entire forum (sonic), tried to talk to you guys abouta character you clearly know nothing about and shrugged us off.

maybe you should be a researcher, cause clear you don't know enough and being a douche bag about it
Actually, an entire board of sonics spammed and basically guaranteed that Overswarm isn't giving them another back room topic about the subject. You guys sure will be jealous if the back room had something super special planned for all these characters :(

Top Bottom