• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's the problem then (what is in red), also why I had to sig my quote for one thing. Never talk I had to explain myself more than usual.
This has nothing to do with emotions. This has to do with not being condescending. If what you're saying is what you think, then it's not just how you're coming off--it's that you really think everyone else is less informed and that what you have to say is indisputably more correct.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea I spoke my mind and bodly said that no one on this site knows more about Peach than I do. Will people look at me another way just for say that? yea they would. And of course I would get post like:

"these Peach players are better
"you quit tournies"
"You are being arrogant and just a petty fanboy"
"*typical troll or stupid post directed to me*"

Few examples but oh well. That's how I feel.And I said what I had too in order to back this up, I explained all that I know with this character. I'm not gonna say something just to say it and not explain my reasons for it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yea I spoke my mind and bodly said that no one on this site knows more about Peach than I do. Will people look at me another way just for say that? yea they would. And of course I would get post like:

"these Peach players are better
"you quit tournies"
"You are being arrogant and just a petty fanboy"
"*typical troll or stupid post directed to me*"

Few examples but oh well. That's how I feel.And I said what I had too in order to back this up, I explained all that I know with this character. I'm not gonna say something just to say it and not explain my reasons for it.
That has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Being the most knowledgeable player in existence doesn't give that player an excuse to talk in an insulting manner to anyone.

Any discussion that has been made about Peach on this thread is as a comparison to other characters. Do you claim to know, say, Wario better than anyone else?

If I knew more about Wario than anyone, and people were comparing Peach and Wario (and perhaps even how the matchup goes), would you still consider yourself the absolute authority on that subject?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Being the most knowledgeable player in existence doesn't give that player an excuse to talk in an insulting manner to anyone.

Any discussion that has been made about Peach on this thread is as a comparison to other characters. Do you claim to know, say, Wario better than anyone else?

If I knew more about Wario than anyone, and people were comparing Peach and Wario (and perhaps even how the matchup goes), would you still consider yourself the absolute authority on that subject?
I did not insult anyone at first. I was calm with my post and going about about my thing in here. people were the one who wanted to act stupid and start insulting me when I was chill and showing respect.

So since people wanted to act that way I said screw. I treat people how they treat me.

And for your Wario example, I Can not claim absolute authority For I don't play I don't know much about him to begin with. I Can't even talk about the Peach Vs Wario match up. I don't get experience on him. So if you wanted to get on Peach Vs Wario, I have to sit that one out.

With Pit and DK. I know about them. I bum and NinjaLink To see and learn about these characters. And knowing the match up with these 2 as Peach helps cause for me to know about a match up, I have to know stuff about them. Thus I have no problem comparing these three.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I did not insult anyone at first. I was calm with my post and going about about my thing in here. people were the one who wanted to act stupid and start insulting me when I was chill and showing respect.

So since people wanted to act that way I said screw. I treat people how they treat me.
Yet you apparently lumped everyone in this thread as a person who insulted you.

There are many people in this thread that you have treated with disrespect. I'm sure some were just trying to start something, but others simply disagreed with your ideas, and you lashed out at them by insulting their intelligence. That's simply uncalled for. While it's tempting to strike back, showing a little tact is all it takes to be taken seriously by the general population.

M.K

Level 55
With Pit and DK. I know about them. I bum and NinjaLink To see and learn about these characters. And knowing the match up with these 2 as Peach helps cause for me to know about a match up, I have to know stuff about them. Thus I have no problem comparing these three.
Watching a tennis match doesn't make me Andre Agassi, and knowing how to handle a tennis racket doesn't make me Andre Agassi. Winning a tournament doesn't make me Andre Agassi, and being the best in my State doesn't make me Andre Agassi.

"Oh, I know about them because I know my own character's strengths against them, amirite? Oh and I've seen other poeple play them." is a horrible argument that holds absolutely NO merit.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I insulted the people who keep acting stupid. That last debate with the dude who has the sonic avatar. That was simple. He said his opion on the matter and I stated mines. I never bashed him for what he said. We went back in fourth and it was smooth.

the others said what they wanted while acting like clowns. That when I said, screw being nice. And everyone that acted stupid I got at And that DeDeDe player, same thing, he was calm and said his Peace and opinion on the matter. And I stated mines and there no problem.

The only way I could have attack people was my comment saying this community is a mess and filled with idiots.
If that is what you are taking at, I was not talking about EVERYONE. though I should have made that clear it seems.

But the same rude and trolled respect people gave me I gave it back, not to those that did not say anything to start something

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The problem is that you do not treat others' opinions as equals. You even specifically say "talk down to" to express how you say it. No one wants to listen to an elitist, and no one cares to listen to an elitist that hasn't proven himself/herself.
And this is why I'm amazing Dark.Pch and you are failing pretty hard.

If you are gonna talk down to people you better make sure you know wtf you are talking about.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Watching a tennis match doesn't make me Andre Agassi, and knowing how to handle a tennis racket doesn't make me Andre Agassi. Winning a tournament doesn't make me Andre Agassi, and being the best in my State doesn't make me Andre Agassi.

"Oh, I know about them because I know my own character's strengths against them, amirite? Oh and I've seen other poeple play them." is a horrible argument that holds absolutely NO merit.
*clapclapclapclapclap*

I like the way this man thinks.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

You got me mixed up. Like I said about wario, if one was to talk about the wario match up with Peach, i can't say lil to nothing at all. Cause I don't know anything about wario. I don't get to seem play alot. I don't fight them. I can't give advice or debate on the match up if I don't know about this character and how to fight them.

I know some stuff on Pit and DK, Does that make me an expert on them? No cause I don't main them. yet does not mean I don't know things about them. So if I Feel Why Peach is better than them 2, it is cause I am using what I know about these characters to being me to that logic. Then I use that with what I know about my character.

I can clearly say people people know about Peach but does not give them the right to say that she is not better cause of *states what they know* A Pit main can come in here and just know it all about Pit. and knows some stuff about Peach. Now cause of this, he has no right to speak on what he knows and go on about why Pit is bertter? Because he does not play and does not know about Peach as much as Pit?

And this is why I'm amazing Dark.Pch and you are failing pretty hard.

If you are gonna talk down to people you better make sure you know wtf you are talking about.
Actually, the one one who is failing is you. Cause you seem to have not read what I mean when I say "talk down."So no, you are not even close to amazing.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I can clearly say people people know about Peach but does not give them the right to say that she is not better cause of *states what they know* A Pit main can come in here and just know it all about Pit. and knows some stuff about Peach. Now cause of this, he has no right to speak on what he knows and go on about why Pit is bertter? Because he does not play and does not know about Peach as much as Pit?
So by your logic, nobody can say anything about a character other than your main.

Emblem Lord is **** right, you are failing soooo hard right now.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Enlighten us, please, I would absolutely love to hear this.

*grabs Tostitos*
*grabs salsa*
*grabs seat in La-Z-Boy*
Remember to share. You ain't the only one wanting to know what's going on in his head.

btw, I just realized that Meta and myself are both PT mains from NC. Woot.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I say Peach is better than Pit/DK while knowing some stuff about these characters.

I am not coming in here saying Pit and DK are not better than Peach without knowing anything about them. That be stupid. I have at least something to fight with on this matter if I was to explain why Peach was better and stuff to compare with.

Umby

Smash Master
All this talk of why one's input is not as valid as another's made me lose sigh of the argument of whether or not Peach should be higher than Pit and DK.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
See this is why people look down on us from time to time, intelligent discussion starts, but then the flaming kicks in, and mods need to step in. Can we continue tier discussion please? As a DL I have to get this back on track... I don't even know where to begin after this, so someone take the wheel

*looks back a few pages for a little better discussion*

M.K

Level 55
Remember to share. You ain't the only one wanting to know what's going on in his head.

btw, I just realized that Meta and myself are both PT mains from NC. Woot.
Hahaha, YAY! I love the Waluigi crotch chop in your signature =D
And I love Pokemon Trainer. *hands you some Tostitos and a bowl of Salsa, then scoots over on La-Z-Boy*.

Lawl, it's like watching a bug die slowly and painfully.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I say Peach is better than Pit/DK while knowing some stuff about these characters.

I am not coming in here saying Pit and DK are not better than Peach without knowing anything about them. That be stupid. I have at least something to fight with on this matter if I was to explain why Peach was better and stuff to compare with.
Yet you JUST SAID:

I can clearly say people people know about Peach but does not give them the right to say that she is not better cause of *states what they know*

As far as I can tell, that means "Just because you know some stuff about a character doesn't mean you can say he/she is better than someone else."

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just looking at how I typed that, ugh. I',m a lil off. Been at this too hard now. So let me fix that line.

Lets say Reflex knows alot about PT, but not as much as Peach. Yet he knows somethings about her. Now does reflex have a legit reason to to state his opinion on why PT is better? Yes he does. He is not at a total lost about Peach, he knows some stuff and he can compare the characters from what he knows about both of them. Thus it can lead to him saying in his opinion that PT>Peach

And that is my Point. Did anyone get that?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Yes, so the SBR can legitimately say that DK and Pit is better than peach in their opinions.
So can the rest of SWF.
Remember, a few people do not represent the majority.

:093:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Just wondering...

Was Luigi's killing prowess most of the reason why he basically held his position?

BSP

Smash Legend
Back to the list, does Link have worse matchups than C. Falcon? I can't really see Falcon moving above Link. Link has projectiles at least, and some priority.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Back to the list, does Link have worse matchups than C. Falcon? I can't really see Falcon moving above Link. Link has projectiles at least, and some priority.
spotdodge/punish the Zair/projectile. Grab. Throw off stage. Edgeguard. Repeat two more times. Gameover, Link loses.

Also, the whole debackle of the Link community leaving SWF probably did a number on whatever ratings they were actually getting.

Falcon can actually recover. 'nuff said. /imo

BSP

Smash Legend
spotdodge/punish the Zair/projectile. Grab. Throw off stage. Edgeguard. Repeat two more times. Gameover, Link loses.

Also, the whole debackle of the Link community leaving SWF probably did a number on whatever ratings they were actually getting.

Falcon can actually recover. 'nuff said. /imo
Thanks. Didn't know about most of the link community leaving. That would hurt his palcement.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Link community didn't vanish, they just left this site for AiB. He fell for a number of reasons, them leaving the community not being one of them.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Enlighten us, please, I would absolutely love to hear this.

*grabs Tostitos*
*grabs salsa*
*grabs seat in La-Z-Boy*
I was just about to fix me some tostitos and salsa myself.

I lack a lazboy though

After playing some of the best in florida of each of those characters I'd have to say that DK is better than peach, and pit is about right at peach level. If you're talking matchups, she does pretty good against both. But that's just my EXPERIENCES, i don't really care on tiers so I just let the SBR people do their thing. Heck look where yoshi is, I feel he's better than many characters above him but W/E

Nanaki

Smash Lord
See this is why people look down on us from time to time, intelligent discussion starts, but then the flaming kicks in, and mods need to step in. Can we continue tier discussion please? As a DL I have to get this back on track... I don't even know where to begin after this, so someone take the wheel

*looks back a few pages for a little better discussion*
Dude I've tried a couple of times, and I get like 2 responses before this garbage picks up again.

As for the Luigi comment, I think he's probably held his spot because his kill moves are just that daunting. His tourney rankings aren't too great, and his total lack of aerial movement speed kinda holds him back from being a great character, IMO. I think he should be lower, despite how cool he is.

Am I the only one who thinks Mario has the potential to be really good if someone (besides just Boss) would pick him up and play him at a tournament level? FLUDD has way more utility than originally thought, and he's got a pretty good overall moveset and above average mobility. The Japanese rate him way higher than we do, too.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was just about to fix me some tostitos and salsa myself.

I lack a lazboy though

After playing some of the best in florida of each of those characters I'd have to say that DK is better than peach, and pit is about right at peach level. If you're talking matchups, she does pretty good against both. But that's just my EXPERIENCES, i don't really care on tiers so I just let the SBR people do their thing. Heck look where yoshi is, I feel he's better than many characters above him but W/E
I don't talk about match much cause that is a fight between them characters. And going on how one can beat up each other. I'm talking about the characters in general.

BSP

Smash Legend
Dude I've tried a couple of times, and I get like 2 responses before this garbage picks up again.

As for the Luigi comment, I think he's probably held his spot because his kill moves are just that daunting. His tourney rankings aren't too great, and his total lack of aerial movement speed kinda holds him back from being a great character, IMO. I think he should be lower, despite how cool he is.

Am I the only one who thinks Mario has the potential to be really good if someone (besides just Boss) would pick him up and play him at a tournament level? FLUDD has way more utility than originally thought, and he's got a pretty good overall moveset and above average mobility. The Japanese rate him way higher than we do, too.
Yeah. I think the only thing holding mario back is representation. I think he has a lot of potential too.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This all started with

"Peach is better than DK and Pit"
the general reply was "But peach has this problem, that problem..." [implying that DK and pit didnt have such problems]"
Dark.Pch ignored the subtext and blatantly stated why Peach isn't a low tier character.
The more concise reply was... "you just ignored everone's arguments... disregarded them... by saying You don't know Peach".
So someone like me comes in, and I say DK has better this that etc, and it took about a good 5 pages before Dark.Pch actually said "oh yeah, DUHH DK has better", it took a lot of work for this, because the reply always was "but Peach can do that too".
So up to that point Peach has been brought down to be lesser in two important character traits (Kill ability, zone/ranging ability), but Dark.Pch continues to assume Peach is better; by only really going by "I know Peach, you don't".
But yeah, when we FINALLY GET HIM TO AGREE on a point, he disregards it as real reason.

DK = Great Killing Power + Great Zoning + Other stuff yet to be discussed
Peach = Okay killing power + good zoning + other stuff yet to be discussed

By induction it's already showing that DK > Peach; but well...look how far this argument has gone around in circles over and over and over again because "we just doesn't know Peach" and DK's being better in main aspects of the game should be disregarded and ignored because Peach isn't "too bad" in those areas.

Dark Pch is a failure of a debater, and hence the response to him has been condescending as he continues to use a mental cap (of whatever sort) to push forward and argument that hasn't proven anything.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I think Luigi should be higher because he has a few ways around his weaknesses and can be a force to be reckoned with.

Of course his rank doesn't matter, though. Winning with him is winning, and that is all that matters. It's pointless to argue about it. </hint>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom