• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Charizard has a great recovery too though, doesn't he? He has two mid-air jumps followed by an up B with super armor for vertical recovery, and he can glide for horizontal recovery. Plus his aerials provide good protection against him.
No, Charizard's recovery is sub-par, and leaves him extremely open due to his size, his poor air speed, and the fact that his up B doesn't auto sweet spot the ledge.

He has the best recovery of the Pokemon Trio, but that's not saying much.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Actually...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various38.html

Using Snake’s C4 packs while falling can occasionally prove useful as a recovery technique. Drop a pack straight beneath yourself, perform an accelerated fall to catch up with the pack, and then detonate the explosive. Snake will be propelled upward with the force of the explosion.
good **** sakurai

Charizard has a great recovery too though, doesn't he? He has two mid-air jumps followed by an up B with super armor for vertical recovery, and he can glide for horizontal recovery. Plus his aerials provide good protection against him.
Charizard's recovery is basically the same as Luigi's - goes far but is very slow and easy to intercept (for certain characters)

and his aerials probably wouldn't be helping him too much in this scenario

Demp

Smash Journeyman
What's the purpose of the S-tier? Why don't you just move all the tier down one letter, like from S to A? Wasn't it just put in place because at the time we thought MK is godly enough to deserve his own tier? Now he is on the same level as mutiple characters (according to the tier list), so what's even the point of having the S-tier?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
No, Charizard's recovery is sub-par, and leaves him extremely open due to his size, his poor air speed, and the fact that his up B doesn't auto sweet spot the ledge.
All of those things could be said about King Dedede's recovery, yet lots of people on GameFAQs and Smashboards alike say it's very good.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
DDD's goes twice as high.
And he has twice as many jumps, much better mid-air tools, and the threat of a DeDeDe-cide if things get dicey. They're not comparable.

Edit: Also in no way, shape, form, or fashion is Lucas even the slightest bit better than Ness...

(save for his recovery...)
Except for nearly EVERY way... :ohwell:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
And he has twice as many jumps, much better mid-air tools, and the threat of a DeDeDe-cide if things get dicey. They're not comparable.
More jumps and a sacrificial KO he may have. But Charizard has better and more varied mid-air tools overall. King Dedede has Bair and...er... the Dededecide as you stated, and the Bair only works if his back is turned to you. Waddle Dee Toss kind of works I guess, but i's not very effective...

Charizard, on the other hand, has Rock Smash, Fair, Nair and Dair, which can all deal with opponents trying to edgeguard him effectively, and if he's gliding he can use his glide attack and its high priority to plow through opponents.

tl;dr Charizard's mid-air protection > DDD's mid-air protection

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643

Lucas has a better fsmash.
A better forward smash, down smash, ALL tilts, neutral air, down air, pivot grab, PK Freeze > PK Flash, a Z air ledge grab, a PK Thunder that can't be body-blocked, throws that combo into other moves, PK Fire and Psi Magnet boost jumping, PK Fire Spacing...

Ness has... umm... back throw.

...*Cough*

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
DDD's recovery isn't that great. What's with everyone saying it's really good?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
A better forward smash, down smash, ALL tilts, neutral air, down air, pivot grab, PK Freeze > PK Flash, a Z air ledge grab, a PK Thunder that can't be body-blocked, throws that combo into other moves, PK Fire and Psi Magnet boost jumping, PK Fire Spacing...

Ness has... umm... back throw.

...*Cough*
ALL of the stuff in blue is completly debatable. Except for dair. Lolwhut.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
For the record, I'm not. But it's definitely better than Charizard's.
I'll admit that DDD has a marginally better recovery, but it's extremely close.

Well in comparison to Link's...
Just about everyone has a better recovery than Link, though, with the exception of Olimar and Ivysaur.

An don't even think about saying that Wolf has a worse recovery than Link....

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
An don't even think about saying that Wolf has a worse recovery than Link....
Do I look like a Link player? Link has about the worst recovery options due to his utterly dumb fall speed, aerial mobility and mid-air jump, additionally to his awful UpB. lol.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
That was directed at anybody that was thinking about saying it. I didn't intend it to be aimed at you, SpadeFox. I hear you're quite the furry fan, anyway. :bee:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Lucas's ftilt is better than Ness's. More range, just as fast if not faster, roughly the same power, disjointed, and less lag on the end.

However, Ness is still better. Could just be me, but his moves have better synergy to me...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Lucas seems more based in using PK fire and stuff to mess with his opponent and **** them with disjoints while Ness seems more about floating around and racking up damage. So I'd agree on the synergy thing.

I don't play Ness though and my Lucas is below average. I still like him though.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Hmmmm...

You seem like the type of person that believed Falcon was the worst character in the game... up until recently
Yeah, except for not. If you'll read back in the first two versions of the tier list, I was WAY ahead of the curve, calling Falcon's rise above Ganon from the start. Sorry to burst your bubble there, chief.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the record, I'm not. But it's definitely better than Charizard's.
Hardly so. Charizard's is comparable to Marth's in the category of range, has SA, but less speed. He's got 2 pretty good jumps and a really slow glide to help stall to wait for an opponent to either roll early, wait for their invincibility frames to wear off, or to find a good opening to use his upb. He's also got good options for covering himself as he recovers. His fair, bair, and upair are pretty good at this- not to mention his incredible rocksmash.

DDD. He's got 5 or 6 bad jumps, a really fast falling speed- so fast and jumps so bad that he can't really cover himself with aerials while he recovers. If he does, he'll fall too quickly and he'll be forced to use his laggy, punishable upb. For this reason, any character can just sit on the ledge and wait till he uses his upb or gets up to the stage via jumps. And whenever he uses upb, a lot of characters can just knock him back offstage so he'll have to use it again because he lost all his jumps... and again... so on and so forth.

Well in comparison to Link's...
Well, his is just terribad. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom