• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
ganondrama
lol

chill.

on the Sonic boards, we've been telling people Sonic sucks and trying to tell people how to beat the freaking character.

for some reason, he still went up on the tier list
:dizzy:

telling people all the bad things about your character doesn't really affect the players at all, including you and him lol.

well, unless it was Sonic's D-throw, where you hold down and tech the "fourth" hit to get a free jab. But that's another matter ¦3

TP

Smash Master
Kalm, your persistence is admirable. Whenever Ganon is brought up in any thread in any way, there you are bashing him. What is really wrong with Ganon?

His grab range? We have the longest and most dangerous grab in the game: Choke. Pivot grab has more than twice the range of our standing grab.

Low mobility? You play online only, Kalm. Offline, you can powershield and get where you need to be. Wizkick cancel helps too.

Unwinnable matchups? Most Marth and ROB players need to CP in order to deal with MK, you don't see them in low tier tournaments.

Ganon will never improve? I'm working on it.

Just please stop telling everyone Ganon is so bad. Most people don't care at all anyway.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
His grab range? We have the longest and most dangerous grab in the game: Choke. Pivot grab has more than twice the range of our standing grab.

Low mobility? You play online only, Kalm. Offline, you can powershield and get where you need to be. Wizkick cancel helps too.

Unwinnable matchups? Most Marth and ROB players need to CP in order to deal with MK, you don't see them in low tier tournaments.

Ganon will never improve? I'm working on it.

Just please stop telling everyone Ganon is so bad. Most people don't care at all anyway.
Flame Choke can be avoided on reaction. It's not a move that's easy to land.

There's a lot of stuff you can't powershield on reaction, such as quick aerials or grabs. It's very troublesome to get around that sort of thing.

Marth-on-Meta Knight isn't an unwinnable matchup. If a Wario grabs Ganondorf, he's lost a stock. There's a huge difference there.

Ganondorf has a lot of stuff to overcome. I'm not saying that he's cursed to being the worst character forever, but in the meantime, there are many, many issues...

Also, Ganondorf is fun for me. Predicting a person and landing a few moves in order to KO is a rush, to say the least.

TP

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong, I agree that he belongs at the very bottom of the tier list. It's just a matter of trying to change that and keeping a positive attitude.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario sure hasn't been doing well if he's in the E tier ranking. Being a well balanced fighter doesn't help when you have so many characters that can **** you in a blink of an eye. It's even more ridiculous that Mario was higher than Bowser in Melee, but it's the other way around in Brawl.

Sonic in the C tier sure was a shock since I would've thought that he'd stay below C tier for the lack of killing moves.

Something must've happened if Dedede is last place in the S tier. Guess it's not enough to have great grab range and the ability to infinite chain grab large targets. Got to also have some fast killers that you can easily rely on too.

Seeing Captain Falcon beat Ganondorf did seem a bit shocking at first, but it's understandable since Ganondorf is sluggish, very bad with approaches, and his recovery is so predictable and easy to counter.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Captain Falcon also can't approach IMO because his attacks are slow and lacks priority. CF also has slow attack speed and though longer than Ganon's recovery, it's as easy to intercept. What CF has is camping, but he is weaker and lower priority than Ganon.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Captain Falcon also can't approach IMO because his attacks are slow and lacks priority. CF also has slow attack speed and though longer than Ganon's recovery, it's as easy to intercept. What CF has is camping, but he is weaker and lower priority than Ganon.
Captain Falcon and Ganon both have pretty fast aerials. The problem is, Ganon can't safely approach with his. Captain Falcon's U-Air, combined with his excellent horizontal aerial mobility, is enough, although he also has immediate F-Air and B-Air.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Falcon is surprisingly good. His aerials all are awesome (except for the NAir), and the ground moves aren't all too shabby either. It's just that he has awful range and priority, if it wasn't for these two, he'd be an awesome character.

TP

Smash Master
Captain Falcon and Ganon both have pretty fast aerials. The problem is, Ganon can't safely approach with his. Captain Falcon's U-Air, combined with his excellent horizontal aerial mobility, is enough, although he also has immediate F-Air and B-Air.
Ganon's Uair and Bair come out on the same frame as Falcon's, and Ganon's Fair is only 2 frames slower. The key difference is the horizontal aerial mobility. Falcon has better approaching and can deal with projectiles better and has a better recovery and can juggle better and has fewer chaingrabs to deal with. Ganon has outstanding punishing and better edgeguarding and much better spacing moves (Dtilt). Overall, I give the edge to Falcon, but it is only a slight edge.

Link owns both of them. Play Legan for more details.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ganon's Uair and Bair come out on the same frame as Falcon's, and Ganon's Fair is only 2 frames slower. The key difference is the horizontal aerial mobility. Falcon has better approaching and can deal with projectiles better and has a better recovery and can juggle better and has fewer chaingrabs to deal with. Ganon has outstanding punishing and better edgeguarding and much better spacing moves (Dtilt). Overall, I give the edge to Falcon, but it is only a slight edge.
Do Ganon's U-Air and B-Air have the same amount of landing lag as Captain Falcon's B-Air/U-Air?

Also, I would argue that Captain Falcon has better edgeguarding because of his good recovery.

Link owns both of them. Play Legan for more details.
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. >:[

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
lol

chill.
Sorry, I have problems with people telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about when they are incapable of providing rational arguments as to how my statements are so wrong to them.

Falcon is surprisingly good. His aerials all are awesome (except for the NAir), and the ground moves aren't all too shabby either. It's just that he has awful range and priority, if it wasn't for these two, he'd be an awesome character.
Forgive me for my ignorance, since I don't see Falcon too much, but since when was the knee considered 'good?' I guess it gets points for being an edgeguarding tool, but it's too hard to set up the sweetspot for it to be a viable punishing tool or a hit to end a juggle. I will take Ganon's thunderstomp over any of Falcon's aerials any day. You just don't mess with that move.

Sadly, Link does own both of them.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Sorry, I have problems with people telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about when they are incapable of providing rational arguments as to how my statements are so wrong to them.

Forgive me for my ignorance, since I don't see Falcon too much, but since when was the knee considered 'good?' I guess it gets points for being an edgeguarding tool, but it's too hard to set up the sweetspot for it to be a viable punishing tool or a hit to end a juggle. I will take Ganon's thunderstomp over any of Falcon's aerials any day. You just don't mess with that move.

Sadly, Link does own both of them.
I could say the same.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Forgive me for my ignorance, since I don't see Falcon too much, but since when was the knee considered 'good?' I guess it gets points for being an edgeguarding tool, but it's too hard to set up the sweetspot for it to be a viable punishing tool or a hit to end a juggle.
Oh, believe me. If you train it well enough, you'll be able to pull off the sweetspot quite constantly, that's not too hard. ^^

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy;7557209 Sonic in the C tier sure was a shock since I would've thought that he'd stay below C tier for the lack of killing moves. [/QUOTE said:
MK doesn't have many kill moves.
Ike has killing moves out the wazoo.

The issue is the lack of killing setups.
Sonic has no reliable way to land a kill move.
Bair=13 frames
Fsmash=18 frames
Dsmash=17 frames

They are all slow kill moves and have almost no setups from which he can use.

The KO power is actually decent when taken into account the rest of the cast, its just landing the kill move.

So its more an issue on terms.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
MK doesn't have many kill moves.
Ike has killing moves out the wazoo.

The issue is the lack of killing setups.
Sonic has no reliable way to land a kill move.
Bair=13 frames
Fsmash=18 frames
Dsmash=17 frames

They are all slow kill moves and have almost no setups from which he can use.

The KO power is actually decent when taken into account the rest of the cast, its just landing the kill move.

So its more an issue on terms.
Well that IS only 3 moves, which really ain't much. I understand where MaSG is coming from.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
MK has the following moves as actual kill moves.

Dsmash
Fsmash
Shuttle Loop

Only 3 but whats the difference?

Its not lack of kill moves that are an issue its the set ups themselves.
What about his glide attack? That has KO potential.

TP

Smash Master
Do Ganon's U-Air and B-Air have the same amount of landing lag as Captain Falcon's B-Air/U-Air?

Also, I would argue that Captain Falcon has better edgeguarding because of his good recovery.

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. >:[
Sadly, Ganon's Uair and Bair do not autocancel, though both can be done laglessly in a short hop (you can even fast fall the bair and have it be lagless).

Never doubt Ganon's edgeguarding skills. RAR FF Uair is an amazing semi spike. It has a huge, sweeping hitbox and it gimps the majority of the cast if it hits at any point along the animation. There are only a few characters for which I would prefer using Dair, and it is a bad idea to be offstage against them anyway.

Playing Legan is like playing Minesweeper: you know you have to be fast, but your hastiness leads to you getting caught up in explosions. Then if you beat him, you put on sunglasses. Just like Minesweeper.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What about his glide attack? That has KO potential.
Many moves have KO potential at higher percents.
MK's glide attack is nowhere near as powerful as Pit's.

True, but MaSG was just making the point that Sonic doesn't have many kill moves.
Oh great, point out something that I am addressing.

The point is that the number of kill moves is not necessarily important. It is the kill setups.

Hence my mentioning of MK.
A character does not need a large number of KO moves to be capable of kill;ing effectively.
That only really becomes an issue when the number of KO moves is at an extreme.

Mainly because then one can simply avoid the setup or KO move itself and last a much longer period of time.

Meanwhile if you have 3 KO moves and you can setup into all of them, its much more difficult to avoid those KO moves.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Aside from Snake and Metaknight, this game is too inconsistent to have a tierlist.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Reflex, you're a pretty cool guy and all, but do you know of any PTs in the EC, more specifically the AN/ MD/VA/Tri-State area?

Most of our Sonics are there, while I hear of no such representation for PT over there. It's great that people like you and Typh can place/win but:

Isn't it suppose to be the toughest region there in the AN?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Don't bowser's matchups and tournament placements merit a lower placement for him?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, you're a pretty cool guy and all, but do you know of any PTs in the EC, more specifically the AN/ MD/VA/Tri-State area?

Most of our Sonics are there, while I hear of no such representation for PT over there. It's great that people like you and Typh can place/win but:

Isn't it suppose to be the toughest region there in the AN?
That is considered to be the toughest area, yes; as far as I know, there is no real representation in that area.

Browny

Smash Hater
That pretty much sums it up. The hardcore fanboys are the ones who became the excellent ones, and I don't think we'll be getting any more any time soon just because of his new placing for the
Im sure as hell no Sonic fanboy, dont even own a single one of his games :p

btw thanks sir bedevere lol, but thats probably coz Australia is full of scrubs and were all 2 years behind the brawl metagame :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom