• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Cause I take Peach very seriously and wanna improve her ****ty metagame as of now. And I know I can do justice with what I know about this character. I don't care what anyone says, I WILL do freaking justice in this annoying community. screw that.
I wouldn't call Peach's metagame '****ty' per se. It is advancing... just very, very slowly at the moment. A lot of character's metagames seem to be at a bit of a stanstill at the moment.

I wouldn't call Peach's metagame '****ty' per se. It is advancing... just very, very slowly at the moment. A lot of character's metagames seem to be at a bit of a stanstill at the moment.
Everyone is in a freaking stand still it seems xD I've used Falco for the last year almost now. And Snake for about 8 months. Both have not really had any major advances at all. Other boards I've seen are at the same. Nothing is really changing in the characters themselves, only how to approach other MUs. Even people are agreeing that Snake vs DDD isn't that bad anymore. It might be more even than was given credit for. Some quick summary of it is that Snake can easily outcamp DDD. This means all he has to do is punish DDDs attempts to approach and he can win. But if he does get grabbed, DDD can more than make up for it through CG to offstage edgeguarding.

Side note: I'm planning on picking up peach here soon. Just have to get hang around the peach boards a bit more often.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
When did MrEh ever give a positive comment on Zelda?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Ewww at you.

shadowlink. a guy whos never top 10d ina tourney in his life.
Oh so it only matters as long as I top 10?
okay, I'll take ryko's 13 man tourney from waaaaay back in November after Inui's blue circuit where I got 5th.

GG.

Let alone what does placing have anything to do with qualification? If the individual knows the tournament scene and understands what is going on and actually has a brain (unlike you), then its fine.

and malcolm, a dude that barely ever plays sonic in tournament and posts on the boards even less.
He is still an extremely knowledgeable Sonic player. Even more so than the great majority o Sonic players out there.
Him posting on the boards has little to do with it either.
so many better candidate for that, like DJB, or myself, or even Wes.
I am sorry are you ****ing joking?
You?
The person who thought MK's Fair`Dtilt locked Sonic out completely?
The guy who tie and time again gets his lunch packed?

I don't like pulling an Inui, but frankly, you're not anybody to say anything.

Oh and btw, I want the 20 bucks you owe me. Obviously I am not going to get the steak you owe me so you might as well give me the money for it.

Oh wait, adumbrodeus is also going to SNES so he can collect it for me. kthxbai

Anyways back on topic, I do think that what Spade said awhile backmakes tons of sense. Characters in C tier and below are very interchangeable because not much thought went into them.
I do,however, think that more focus should be brought to these characters placements, primarily because S through B tier are pretty much cemented, and except for some minor changes, I don't see anything major occurring on in those respective tiers.

Seriously once you see Link BELOW captain Falcon, you know something is wrong.

Nestec

Smash Ace
I'm almost afraid to see what everything below B-Tier will look like in the next list.

If it's anything like CaliburChamp's list, I quit.

;P

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's not really getting her anywhere and all I hear is Peach can't do this and that. And giving in to certain characters all because of the player behind them and not looking into the character fully. And about 95-98% of Peach players are aggressive. And makes it a big reason why she can't kill well, you being aggressive, you burn your kill moves quick.

The metagame for her is not good. I want from noob to top Peach players, I study this to get in detail about how she is used. its not good to be honest.

Peach mains need to find a way to combo into usmash. Get to it. :p
clostest thing to that is Dair>Upsmash. As in you fast fall a dair so the last kick does not connected, the will be inside you, then upsmash, GG.

Ewww at you.

shadowlink. a guy whos never top 10d ina tourney in his life. and malcolm, a dude that barely ever plays sonic in tournament and posts on the boards even less.

Wait what? First off, you have people in the SBR that don't even go to tournies anymore, hardly play in them or score in the top ten. So that is weak and a stupid reason.

I was suppose to be in there and voted upon but that changed after people found out I quit tournaments, which was stupid.Your brains and and what you know on a character does not to be show by scoring so big, really with a damm character it is hard to beast with in tournaments. People Need to realize that, really YOU.

Lol, love the hate between you two.

But seriously, shadowlink's got teh logics, which is why a lot of people consider him a good candidate for SBR, including a few current members if I remember correctly. Being a sonic rep would only be an extra.

And Malcolm is Malcolm, nuff said.
*thumps up*

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Ewww at you.

shadowlink. a guy whos never top 10d ina tourney in his life. and malcolm, a dude that barely ever plays sonic in tournament and posts on the boards even less.

I have a better chance at SBR than you :p.

All jokes aside, Malcolm heck even Espy are knowledgable Sonic's. They would fit the bill nicely. Shadowlink speaks up for Sonic ALOT, he also has good knowledge of the character and can debate well if need be. If Malcolm or Espy can't do it, then SL84 is the next best option for Sonic representation.

THE UNDERGROUND HEDGEHOG HAS SPOKEN :p!!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Oh so it only matters as long as I top 10?
okay, I'll take ryko's 13 man tourney from waaaaay back in November after Inui's blue circuit where I got 5th.

GG.
Lol. ill let you have that.
Let alone what does placing have anything to do with qualification? If the individual knows the tournament scene and understands what is going on and actually has a brain (unlike you), then its fine.
The biggest example that you can show that you know the tournament scene is doing well in it, which you have not done. And its not just doing well in tourneys, I personally know somebody that got in the SBR pretty much just because he beat a top name player.

He is sill an extremely knowledgeable Sonic player.
Yea, but thats not SBR qualification, theres a bunch of highly knowledgable sonic players around. Malcolm probably is qualified to be SBR, but it wouldnt be because he knows sonic. it would be because he knows brawl, is a high quaility player and has a mass of knowledge of a mass of characters, not just cus hes good with sonic

I am sorry are you ****ing joking?
You?
The person who thought MK's Fair`Dtilt locked Sonic out completely?
The guy who tie and time again gets his lunch packed?
1. I had that thought about a year ago. the metagame has changed since then, and ive as such, revised my idea on the matter. I dont understand what the problem is there.
2. check my most recent tourney sir.

I don't like pulling an Inui, but frankly, you're not anybody to say anything.

Oh and btw, I want the 20 bucks you owe me. Obviously I am not going to get the steak you owe me so you might as well give me the money for it.

Oh wait, adumbrodeus is also going to SNES so he can collect it for me. kthxbai
maybe if you werent a *****, you could show up and get it yourself
Did someone seriously try to simultaneously **** on malcolm while talking their "I get my **** stomped by Ike" *** up?
no, read my responce above, people act like the SBR takes people in according to who they main. And from what I can tell, they really dont. And even if they did there would be better options than malcolm to bring in the SBR if they were just looking for sonic mains. but like i said, malcolm is a good candidate for a bunch of reasons, but i dont think hed do much because hes more focused on getting better and actually winning tourneys, which he cant seem to do to save his life right now, than posting on the boards
MrEh is awesome.
this is trufax
So will the SBR ever compile on a match-up chart?
That's work.
LOL

EDIT for BT
Espy being in the SBR would be absolutely awful and pointless. all you have to do is talk to the guy for like 5 mins to figure that out. Hes great with the character, but he cant even tell you why. As him what to do in a matchup, and he'll say something like "... iono, I just hit the guy and try not to die." hes great at playing the game, but talking about it, not so much

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Well anyway, who cares what happens in the SBR. No reason to argue over who should be in any longer :ohwell:. What matters should be finding whatever potential is out there and own everyone with it :laugh:. My Sonic went to the darkside, I'm experimenting on a certain side of him that no one dared to touch :flame:.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well anyway, who cares what happens in the SBR. No reason to argue over who should be in any longer :ohwell:. What matters should be finding whatever potential is out there and own everyone with it :laugh:. My Sonic went to the darkside, I'm experimenting on a certain side of him that no one dared to touch :flame:.
You mean the "positive" side of him?

If not, then carry on.

But seriously, you're right, 'cause no Barlw Sonic main would ever dare touch his +version, he is garbage compared to his former self.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Lol. ill let you have that.
Except it doesn't
It was a very small tournament. Do you honesly think I would actually considering that placing valid?
Or if I **** a tourney full of n00bs and take 1st, you honestly think its valid. hardly.

The sienna color suits you by the way.

The biggest example that you can show that you know the tournament scene is doing well in it, which you have not done.
LOL WUT?
Do tell me kid how you would know anything about my placing if you do not follow it at all?
let alone again, tournament placing means little, If you cannot speak properly, then what you see and do means little.

Inductive reasoning is flawed for this very reasoning.
Hence why tournament placings isn't a determinate factor. Let alone yo do not well at all.
You only place well in scrub tourneys.

And its not just doing well in tourneys, I personally know somebody that got in the SBR pretty much just because he beat a top name player.
Doubt it.
Inui is in the SB for a reason and its no just because he is a top player in doubles.
This is the same for MOST SBR members.
They are i there not only because their skill level is high, but because they have in incredible understanding abut the game and understand what goes into competitive play.

Beating m2k does not guarantee you would be in the SBR, it only says you are a high level player, knowledge is what brings forth the validity of your arguments, not your skill.

Yea, but thats not SBR qualification,
I am sorry what?
Are you in the SBR?
Do you knw their qualifications.
Inf act, there are several SBR embers who are in it and they aren't the best.
Emblem Lord who left.
Spadefox isn't a big name player but he is ****ing brilliant.
Needless to say, your argument holds little weight.
theres a bunch of highly knowledgable sonic players around.
Don't include yourself.

Malcolm probably is qualified to be SBR, but it wouldnt be because he knows sonic.
Actually that would be part of it. Character representation in the SBR isn't very great. If you notice the tierlist, there wasn't much work put into their placement. As such a low tier character player or hell, someone who understands the character, would be a great asset.

Of course this does not make the character any more viable tournaments, but it ensures that all part sof the game is understood and that little surprises would await.

it would be because he knows brawl, is a high quaility player and has a mass of knowledge of a mass of characters, not just cause hes good with sonic[/COLOR]

*facepalm*
Oh look, you agreed to my point from EARLIER,
GG
1. I had that thought about a year ago. the metagame has changed since then, and ive as such, revised my idea on the matter. I dont understand what the problem is there.
A year ago? It actually was only a few months ago.
And you got mocked for it.
Fact of the matter is, you are an individual who relies too heavily on inductive reasoning.

2. check my most recent tourney sir.[/COLOR]
I don't care if you did well in a tourney where you did not face good double teams. That's like being happy you won a gamestop tourney that was filled with 8 year olds.
Unless you are beating a team like Inui and Atomsk, who would care?

maybe if you werent a *****, you could show up and get it yourself
Be careful Kid. you're making an *** of yourself.
Inui, Adumbrodeus and a few other players know I am unable to attend tourney's for good reason.

Otherwise, I would go and shut you up. Until then, make sure you give adumbrodeus the money for me. I don't have the free time to be traveling to west bubba **** to get something owed to me long ago. kthx

no, read my responce above, people act like the SBR takes people in according to who they main.
People=/=me. Don't bring them up.
And from what I can tell, they really dont.
No duh, thats why most of the people in the SBR play hightier/top tier characters.
However, character representation would provide them information and insight to characters they may not be familiar with or feel unsure about. Which was the point in the firs tplace of you actually understood what was being said instead of opening your mouth like a tool.

The SBR should have people like Dark pch who not only would offer someone who mains a lower tiered character, but someone who also would provide lots of insight concerning a character is kinda in limbo.

there would be better options than malcolm to bring in the SBR if they were just looking for sonic mains.
Except no one said the SR is looking for Sonic mains. What is being said is that the SBR SHOULD take in some people who mained the character to offer more character representation. That way the tierlist doesn't look iffy below B tier.

but like i said, malcolm is a good candidate for a bunch of reasons, but i dont think hed do much because hes more focused on getting better and actually winning tourneys, which he cant seem to do to save his life right now, than posting on the boards
Pray tell, what REPUTABLE tourneys have you won Kid?
No really, at least when Inui talks crap, he has good reason for it.

@inui: By no means am I insulting you dude.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I'm picturing that Dugtrio image atm.

That made me lol

I've seen you practically give nothing but negative comments on Zelda. Now, you are giving zelda a positive comment lol
Yeah I know, I'm inconsistent, lol.

That's sort of the whole point behind the post. A person didn't give positive comments. They always pointed out the faults. Which SoR did a lot.
Yeah, that's true. One would think that I hate my character because of what I say about her, but it's not the case, I promise.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Stuff about KID sucking
Stuff about SL sucking
More stuff about KID sucking
Lol, you guys are better then the peach boards.

*gets popcorn*

But seriously, I think the SBR should be looking for insightful mains of lesser played characters, and I will agree with with SL in that I think understanding of the metagame should be more important then results (mostly because I'm SWF foremost theorycrafter that sux at the game, lol).

But, they use both, you've gotta post intelligently (and this doesn't necessarily mean debate, it can also mean contribute) and either be an accomplished TO or player to get in. Usually, there are exceptions (EL for one).

And I can vouch for SL, he DOES have a good excuse, even though I sort of want to kidnap him and bring him anyway.

Did someone seriously try to simultaneously **** on malcolm while talking their "I get my **** stomped by Ike" *** up?
Lol

MrEh is awesome.
MrEh is Phil Collins.

It's not really getting her anywhere and all I hear is Peach can't do this and that. And giving in to certain characters all because of the player behind them and not looking into the character fully. And about 95-98% of Peach players are aggressive. And makes it a big reason why she can't kill well, you being aggressive, you burn your kill moves quick.

The metagame for her is not good. I want from noob to top Peach players, I study this to get in detail about how she is used. its not good to be honest.
I definately can agree with that, a lot of characters are underdeveloped because their mains have playstyles not suited for the character and that inhibits the growth of their metagame.

Wait what? First off, you have people in the SBR that don't even go to tournies anymore, hardly play in them or score in the top ten. So that is weak and a stupid reason.

I was suppose to be in there and voted upon but that changed after people found out I quit tournaments, which was stupid.Your brains and and what you know on a character does not to be show by scoring so big, really with a damm character it is hard to beast with in tournaments. People Need to realize that, really YOU.
QFT

SHOULD, IMO.

*thumps up*
Thanx.

lol. :p

Maybe we'll do, maybe we won't.
We're currently discussing several new projects, one of which would involve matchup discussions.
Stealing my idea, huh?

I've actually got a ton of insight into what should be discussed on that, especially in terms of incorporating "mindgames potential" and making the match-ups more mathematical as opposed to arbitrary.

If you can put me in touch with the guy starting it, it'll save me the trouble of starting the project myself, which I had planned.

Yea, sort of been rolling this around in my head for a while.

Aww I love you both. MAN HUG TIME *ensue man hug*
Hey! Don't I get a man hug?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Wow, you are assuming A LOT

Except it doesn't
It was a very small tournament. Do you honesly think I would actually considering that placing valid?
Or if I **** a tourney full of n00bs and take 1st, you honestly think its valid. hardly.
Well, its you so you need to take w/e you can get

The sienna color suits you by the way.

Matches my skin tone. thats why i picked it

LOL WUT?
Do tell me kid how you would know anything about my placing if you do not follow it at all?
let alone again, tournament placing means little, If you cannot speak properly, then what you see and do means little.

Cause you just told me, youve never placed top 10 ever in a tourney that had more than 15 people.

Inductive reasoning is flawed for this very reasoning.
Hence why tournament placings isn't a determinate factor. Let alone yo do not well at all.
You only place well in scrub tourneys.

Placings are a factor, they arent the end all, but its obv. a factor.
Also, so far I think its more accurate to say that I only place badly when I travel oos. but w/e

Doubt it.
Inui is in the SB for a reason and its no just because he is a top player in doubles.

I.... wasnt talkign about inui...? and as horrifically douchy he is, even I admit that hes there with good reasoning

This is the same for MOST SBR members.
They are i there not only because their skill level is high, but because they have in incredible understanding abut the game and understand what goes into competitive play.

Sometimes its one or the other and sometimes its both. but the two kinda play into each other.

Beating m2k does not guarantee you would be in the SBR, it only says you are a high level player, knowledge is what brings forth the validity of your arguments, not your skill.

I think I disagree here, as I said, I know someone thats in the SBR because they beat someone highly skilled, which indicated that he had a vast understanding of the game. I think if I beat M2K, in tourney, I would be at teh very least, looked much more closely at for entry into the sbr.

I am sorry what?
Are you in the SBR?
Do you knw their qualifications.

i never said i did, but what I am saying is that you can look at the people that are there and use that to gain an understanding on what it takes to be there.

Inf act, there are several SBR embers who are in it and they aren't the best.
Emblem Lord who left.
Spadefox isn't a big name player but he is ****ing brilliant.
Needless to say, your argument holds little weight.

like I said, its different for everyone. Spade is highly versed in the game, and its obvious, as was EL

Don't include yourself.

madd assumptions

Actually that would be part of it. Character representation in the SBR isn't very great. If you notice the tierlist, there wasn't much work put into their placement. As such a low tier character player or hell, someone who understands the character, would be a great asset.

Each member of the Sbr isnt limited to one character. theres is someone (multiple people) the understands every character in the game. Ally's brother plays sonic. Inui plays malcolm alot. DMG and UTD Zac, play and watches matches from espy in person. Anther plays sonic and attends the same tournaments as shugo. Between all of them I think they understand sonic. you can do this with any character. lets take Ness. Edrees seconds ness, Overswarm plays in the same region as smash64, and Tyrant has played FOW on multiple occasions. between mulitple people, the SBR should have an in depth understanding of every character in the game. Even ganon is represented by a good number of the SBR

Of course this does not make the character any more viable tournaments, but it ensures that all part sof the game is understood and that little surprises would await.

I think they already do this just fine.

it would be because he knows brawl, is a high quaility player and has a mass of knowledge of a mass of characters, not just cause hes good with sonic[/COLOR]

*facepalm*
Oh look, you agreed to my point from EARLIER,
GG

i never said you were wrong, there you go assuming. just cause you are a ****, doesnt mean you cant be right once in a while. As my dad always says, "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while"

A year ago? It actually was only a few months ago.
And you got mocked for it.

wanna prove it? i believe that my last mention of this was in 2008

Fact of the matter is, you are an individual who relies too heavily on inductive reasoning.

I don't care if you did well in a tourney where you did not face good double teams. That's like being happy you won a gamestop tourney that was filled with 8 year olds.
Unless you are beating a team like Inui and Atomsk, who would care?

smells like jealousy, cause you cant pull a top ten

Be careful Kid. you're making an *** of yourself.
Inui, Adumbrodeus and a few other players know I am unable to attend tourney's for good reason.

I really dont care, point is you are a ***** and you cant show up in person.

Otherwise, I would go and shut you up. Until then, make sure you give adumbrodeus the money for me. I don't have the free time to be traveling to west bubba **** to get something owed to me long ago. kthx

If you wanted it so bad you could have stuck around to get it when it happened

People=/=me. Don't bring them up.

once again, not talking about you. stop assuming

No duh, thats why most of the people in the SBR play hightier/top tier characters.
However, character representation would provide them information and insight to characters they may not be familiar with or feel unsure about. Which was the point in the firs tplace of you actually understood what was being said instead of opening your mouth like a tool.

kinda like the same way you just assume im always making references to you, even tho im just speaking in generalities?

The SBR should have people like Dark pch who not only would offer someone who mains a lower tiered character, but someone who also would provide lots of insight concerning a character is kinda in limbo.

Hes way too biased. but I dont know if that keeps people from being invited...

Except no one said the SR is looking for Sonic mains. What is being said is that the SBR SHOULD take in some people who mained the character to offer more character representation. That way the tierlist doesn't look iffy below B tier.

As i believe i just explained, as far as I know, they have every character represented just fine. you dont need to main the character to know them or represent them in a discussion. thats why somebody like reflex coule represent falco just fine. he should know all of the character's abilities, throughly, having have to play against Kismet so frequently

Pray tell, what REPUTABLE tourneys have you won Kid?
thats a matter of opinion. it doesnt matter what Ive won because if ive won it you wont think it reputable anyways

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
ShadowLink, we have some of the best Peach mains in the SBR. I doubt we need anyone else but Praxis, KOS-MOS, EdreesesPieces and Sky' in the SBR representing Peach. That's 4 people representing one character perfectly fine.
Dark.Pch knows a lot about Peach but that's as far as it goes - especially since he doesn't go to tournaments anymore -, while the other Peach players who are in the SBR not only know about Peach very well, but also know a lot about the game in general, and are able to support our work not only regarding Peach alone.
Furthermore, Dark.Pch is way too stubborn regarding other characters and the performance of Peach, and his debating skills lack a lot, which also are very important in the SBR.

Every character has at least someone who knows about them decently enough to represent them.
Actually, considering I'm especially interested in Mid and Low Tiers and am trying to investigate them and always be on the most updated position on them, you could consider me as someone who knows them decently well enough to know their options and limits.

While it's true that we have no determined main for every character, we have people playing these characters nevertheless, and people who have faced mains of these characters regularly in tournament play.

Thanks for the praise, tho. <3

Nestec

Smash Ace
I have to agree, SBR should have members that know about the MAJORITY, if not all characters of the game. PKMNFAN7664 isn't gonna make the cut just because he knows a ton of **** about Pokemon Trainer. A SBR member is going to be making decisions that affect the game/entire cast as a whole. With great responsibility must come great knowledge... -__-

And no offense Dark Pch, but I also gotta say that you're held back merely by the fact that you don't seem to know enough about characters other than Peach. Of course, we can't just assume that simply because we've never seen you discuss another character with as much intensity as you do with Peach. But surely you get the point.

If they let you in SBR because you know TONS about Peach, then PKMNFAN7664 has to make it too.

Spadefox said:
Dark.Pch is way too stubborn regarding other characters and the performance of Peach, and his debating skills lack a lot, which also are very important in the SBR.
Lol, this, pretty much.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
SBR has every character covered?

Who plays Ike there besides Inui/M2K in low tier tournaments? Because low tier tournaments only =/= good enough rep. There is a large number of Ike's match-ups there not covered with actual experience if those are the only two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom