• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambull

Smash Rookie
i am happy to see olimar to get a little more respect. lucas is definately > ness. not suprised to see no changes in the very top and very bottom

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Basic logic needs cookies?

dayum.

:D
Dude there are people that I have debated with on this forum about that point constantly. You would be shocked how many people don't understand something that's this obvious.

But MOST people in this community actually think that tournaments and blah blah is what decides tiers.

Crazy I know.

and per say Andy: In what metagame will MK not be the best or will CF ever be good? Tools are what decides if a character is good.

Nothing else.

If no one played the game there would no tiers? Flawed argument. You are going under the assumption that someone must have knowledge of a game for tiers to exist. As long as the game exists, there are tiers. Whether you know it or I know it or anyone knows it. It's a part of the programming of the game itself.

The moment the software was finalized the tiers were there. Now, they might change according to how you play the game. Items vs no items for example. But they are still there.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
Olimar took a big jump (thank god)
I'm glad they still put Pokemon Trainer as one character instead of three.
Falco went up. sweet!
Surprised that Donkey Kong went down.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
i am happy to see olimar to get a little more respect. lucas is definately > ness. not suprised to see no changes in the very top and very bottom
On the contrary, a lot of top tier characters shifted around, Falco went up a few spots into third, and R.O.B. lost his top tier placement completely.

Diddy also rose up quite a bit.

bigman40

Smash Master
I have the best option for you guys when you make the next tier list. Put Yoshi in Cookie Tier, and Sonic in Steak Tier, and I guarantee that none of them will get pissed. True fax I'm spittin out right now mang.
Telling you guys. This is your best answer to make the people who complain shut up ;)

Kronology

Smash Rookie
mmm...steak...

Some shifties, looks better. Wow at Olly. Not bad thar.
MK still MK, Captain still Captain.

I'mma happy Link's moving up two. Start the revolution! :)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't see it that way, EL. No matter how totally dead wrong you think I am. And, yeah, I know where your side is coming from, so you don't need to explain it to me. Assume that I am crazy rather than stupid.

By the way, I'm not saying any tier arrangement is possible. It's hard to imagine MK not being the best. What I'm saying is that I simply don't think there is some ultimate arrangement of each and every character in there. Even though tiers depend on character attributes, which are coded into the game from the start.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
If no one played the game there would no tiers? Flawed argument. You are going under the assumption that someone must have knowledge of a game for tiers to exist. As long as the game exists, there are tiers. Whether you know it or I know it or anyone knows it. It's a part of the programming of the game itself.
This. What the SBR publishes is their best guess at what the true tier list is. The SBR can't make a character better or worse. All they do is try to figure out how characters stand in relation to each other.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
This. What the SBR publishes is their best guess at what the true tier list is. The SBR can't make a character better or worse. All they do is try to figure out how characters stand in relation to each other.
lol QFT

I'm still wondering why G&W didn't get ahead of DDD, with bucket breaking and all.

Maybe it's not as practical and useful as it seemed?

Lethon

Smash Rookie
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50

...I'm seriously thinking the SBR just doesn't know much about the differences of Lucas and Ness...
unless of course their tournament results are the EXACT same and they conveniently just used that as their reference

G tier = God tier

Edit.

Anybody else notice the HUGE difference between Captain falcon's rankings are tourneys and his place on the tier list lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ness > lucas.

jigglypuff needs to be bottom tier. not captain falcon.

i dont think wario is THAT good. unfortunately. i wish i he was.

yoshi is better than low tier.

MK needs to be moved up about 80 spots to an even higher god tier.
he is pretty much the same as selecting god as a charecter.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50

...I'm seriously thinking the SBR just doesn't know much about the differences of Lucas and Ness...
unless of course their tournament results are the EXACT same and they conveniently just used that as their reference
It's pure coincidence that they ended up the same. Remember, these are averages of multiple votes.

I believe that Ness > Lucas, but it's a very negligible margin.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I expected Pit to drop a bit with the lack of many great Pits placing high, with the exception of Sagemoon. I however, did not expect him to drop this much. Now TL and freakin Olimar is above him! I now see this so-called "tier list" to be full of biasedness.

And Fox, he apparently suffered the most, and I didnt think he'd be that low now.

As said before, I see this tier list to be the most biased of them all (with the exception of stupidly "Opinion" tier lists). It's so biased to me that idk how they're ranking chars anymore, with the exception of Metaknight and Snake, because their spots are not goin to change.
Not many ppl are taking chars that dropped so much (like poor Pit and Fox) so seriously, and that annoys me so much. This is why I try not to care about tiers, but that haunted feeling always comes back, especially the Pit part.

I suppose the ONLY thing I can benefit from this is that I finally get to taunt Olimars and TLs (or some1 else higher than Pit) and say "You lost to a low tier" when I beat em with Pit.

But honestly guys.... Poor Pit and Fox... Especially Fox.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I expected Pit to drop a bit with the lack of many great Pits placing high, with the exception of Sagemoon. I however, did not expect him to drop this much. Now TL and freakin Olimar is above him! I now see this so-called "tier list" to be full of biasedness.

And Fox, he apparently suffered the most, and I didnt think he'd be that low now.

As said before, I see this tier list to be the most biased of them all (with the exception of stupidly "Opinion" tier lists). It's so biased to me that idk how they're ranking chars anymore, with the exception of Metaknight and Snake, because their spots are not goin to change.
Not many ppl are taking chars that dropped so much (like poor Pit and Fox) so seriously, and that annoys me so much. This is why I try not to care about tiers, but that haunted feeling always comes back, especially the Pit part.

I suppose the ONLY thing I can benefit from this is that I finally get to taunt Olimars and TLs (or some1 else higher than Pit) and say "You lost to a low tier" when I beat em with Pit.

But honestly guys.... Poor Fox.
Yo dude, I think your sig has a typo.

Also, stop being biased.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
i don't really see the point in having separate SS and S tiers, snake's rating of 13.91 isn't really that big over 13.03 for falco for him to be his own tier...S for MK and A for the others makes more sense...SS is a pretty lame tier name lol

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Isn't that how the dragonball z discussion started and lasted for 2-3 pages?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Meta Knight in Super Saiyan Tier?
Super Sonic tier?
Social Security tier?
Schutzstaffel tier?
Steamship tier?
Special Stage tier?
Strong Safety tier?
Solid Snake tier?
Stainless steel tier?
Summer Slam tier?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Super Sonic tier?
Social Security tier?
Schutzstaffel tier?
Steamship tier?
Special Stage tier?
Strong Safety tier?
Solid Snake tier?
Stainless steel tier?
Summer Slam tier?
You forgot
Succulent Sausages
and
Silly Sprinkles

G U R U

Smash Lord
Very good list. I like it much better than the original. ZSS is gonna be the sleeper hit character I think and will move up more and more every list.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
Super Sonic tier?
Social Security tier?
Schutzstaffel tier?
Steamship tier?
Special Stage tier?
Strong Safety tier?
Solid Snake tier?
Stainless steel tier?
Summer Slam tier?
Succulent Sausages?
Silly Sprinkles?
Soggy Salami?
Super Sport?

Just change it to metaknight and snake tier as their the only chacarcters in the tier

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
there are to many sections of the list at most there should be 6 levels: god,top,high,mid,low,bottom but this one has like 9 and there is no reason they could not put some of them together having it this way makes it a little messy to read. but besides that most characters are were i thought they would be at this time so its a good list for right now but i could see this changing a good deal in the future.

i thought tier list only came out once a year this was two very close to each other anyone know if it will continue at this pace or will it slow down?

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Quoted from a friend on Smashwiki:

I move to amend the tier list:

To put the fish (from Summit) at SSS Tier.
Overall, I like this tier list pretty well. I lol'd at Fox moving down 5 places.

MilleniumFalco

Smash Rookie
Yesss, glad to see falco moving up. It's almost surprising to me too even with ChillinDude/Sethlon/SK92 owning with falco I thought D3 would be above him at least since he seems to almost always be taking top spots...

I thought Ice Climbers would be higher too :confused: They're sooo hard to beat if the player can chaingrab. Seriously who beats Ice Climbers except for Meta?!? *Runs from bias and angry Ice Climber players*

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yesss, glad to see falco moving up. It's almost surprising to me too even with ChillinDude/Sethlon/SK92 owning with falco I thought D3 would be above him at least since he seems to almost always be taking top spots...

I thought Ice Climbers would be higher too :confused: They're sooo hard to beat if the player can chaingrab. Seriously who beats Ice Climbers except for Meta?!? *Runs from bias and angry Ice Climber players*
Falco has more evenly spread good matchups, and some of them are with higher tier characters (the fact that some of his bad ones are covered a bit with CG isn't bad either).

Ice Climbers are scary good, but I think that they have a few problems. Though the chains are evil, they don't have it really easy to start off until they desynch (with the blizzard shenanigans and such) to stun the opponent, since they have a relatively small grab. Additionally, they have a meh attack range, and if the Ice Climber goes solo killing becomes much harder (as well as everything else). I think they should move just a little higher, but not much. I haven't had much matchup experience, but what matches I did have, my main capitalized on those problems specifically.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

But honestly guys.... Poor Pit and Fox... Especially Fox.
Lol @ irony, I remember u, prolly most bias pit on our matchup discussions. I still somewhat disagreed with 50:50. Pit's placement is due to tourney performance (not many are getting high placement).

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
it's instead of others getting closer to MK's level, MK seems to be getting better and better.
Everyone is getting better relative to how they were, though, and the least favorable matchups for MK have been that way for what, a few months now?

You just judge both characters on their individual merit, so no, it wouldn't place them right next to each other. If it confuses you, just forget about the down+B. In Melee you always knew switching from Zelda to Sheik would be a huge tier jump, it didn't make Zelda top tier and we always went with them being separate characters. Admittedly, switching is more viable in Brawl, but I for one can't think of them as one character.
So no good reason, really.

They are different characters with different movesets. If you're only going to do one or the other (if you're going to list either Zelda and Sheik separately OR list them as one, not both), listing them separately is more informative. People who switch to get the benefits of both can think of themselves as switching between two characters (which is really what they're doing), and people who don't switch won't look at the list and say "huh?" and scratch their heads.
The problem is that switching decreases the number of unfavorable matchups, as well as giving you access to the other character's moveset, which has other advantages. Unlike in Melee, in Brawl Shiek doesn't have a ton of powerful kill moves, which means that changing to Zelda (assuming you're good with both characters) mid-life could benefit you for killing someone as well (a situational advantage seperate from matchup advantage).

I don't see whats wrong with Sheik and Zelda as separate. While you are Sheik you are this good, and while you are Zelda you are this good. That's what its saying.
EVERYTHING is relative. As such, the ability to switch is highly advantageous, so they aren't "X good".

Ugh... DDD can't chaingrab all characters infinitely like IC can. DDD can only infinite grab a few characters, like DK, Bowser, DDD, Mario, Luigi, and sometimes Samus. Crap grab range doesn't mean too much when you have 2 chances to grab, both Popo and Nana can grab, and if Popo misses the grab, Nana can grab right away after Popo misses.
Just because you can, in theory, chaingrab everyone, in practice it doesn't work out that way because some characters are good at preventing the ICs from grabbing you in the first place. And yes, their crap grab range makes a huge difference, which is why they aren't horrendously broken; its quite possible to keep them away from you.

Let it be known that I do not think any characters have any hidden potential that will ever cause them to rise exponentially on the list barring some huge glitch.

I feel like the tiers are pretty much set in stone and have been since the 6th month or so. Maybe less.
You are in clear denial of reality.

The end.

Set in stone? Really? I guess that's why characters moved significantly on the list...

It wouldn't surprise me one whit if a lot of characters moved around, and the potential of pretty much every character is not fully tapped.

I expect this list to be no more accurate than the Melee tier list at this point post-release.

Rename G Tier Captain Falcon tier because Captian Faclon is too good. Also why are IC so low. Can't they epic chain grab?
For reference, there are characters in Super Street Fighter II Turbo, such as T-Hawk, who, despite having infinites, aren't even good.

The issue is not "do you have an infinite", but "is it practical". If you can only infinite under very limited circumstances, then it isn't all that powerful, as is the case with T-Hawk - he has to get in close to do it, but getting in close with him is pretty impossible.

By the way, I'm not saying any tier arrangement is possible. It's hard to imagine MK not being the best. What I'm saying is that I simply don't think there is some ultimate arrangement of each and every character in there. Even though tiers depend on character attributes, which are coded into the game from the start.
You need a better imagination then!

I don't see him falling out of the topmost tier ever, but that doesn't mean he will always be the best.

That said, I don't see him doing so from anything I've seen so far, but that doesn't mean he won't end up not the best in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom