• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Wow, MK gets his own Tier...I'm satisfied with this list, but JPuff under Link? Doesn't sound right imo.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
That is silly, though. Banning perfect ratings simply makes the next highest rating the new "perfect rating".

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
i only read the first 6 pages, so don't flame if this was settled, but

i think giving people scores in relation to meatknight(lol meat) is an error, since it gives him an air of invincibility to him. and this leads to more 'metaknight should be banned!' posts. i agree with the tier list for the most part, but not the scores. even in melee, they gave marth and fow 9.9/10. not 10/10.

long story short, perfect ratings must be banned!
It's not perfect ratings.

SHEESH! We talked about that like 10 times already. Someone should post that in the OP, PERFECTLY VISIBLE.

The 15 does NOT mean that MK is a perfect character, it means that all in the SBR agreed that he is the best character.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well I don't know about that

D3 can camp like crazy, rack up damage off 1 grab really easily, and has strong finshing moves just like falco, as well as easily spaced and strong aerials.
i think they both have those advantages but i find falcon easier in the air than dedede's fat arse LOL

i just realized that i was talking to you in another thread too. haha
i didn't even know.
I do.

Not (only) because of what that guy said, though, but rather because Falco is really an extremely good character.
great minds think alike, my friend.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
well I don't know about that

D3 can camp like crazy, rack up damage off 1 grab really easily, and has strong finshing moves just like falco, as well as easily spaced and strong aerials.
Falco can camp like crazy (laz0rz), rack up damage off 1 grab really easily (he has chaingrabs, too!), has strong finishing moves just like De³, is good in spacing, and has strong aerials.

The only thing Falco lacks is having a good recovery, which De³ has. But Falco is freaking faster than De³... and as far as I know has less bad matchups. Making Falco an overall better character than De³.

great minds think alike, my friend.
Oooo, I feel honoured being called a great mind. That's a first one. :bee:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
The only thing Falco lacks is having a good recovery, which De³ has. But Falco is freaking faster than De³... and as far as I know has less bad matchups. Making Falco an overall better character than De³.
I agree. D3 Has more "ZOMG 80-20" matchups but I still think that falco has better matchups overall.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I agree. D3 Has more "ZOMG 80-20" matchups but I still think that falco has better matchups overall.
Well y'know, I think having these matchups on characters being so low on the tier list (with DK being the highest), and only a handful of advantageous matchups against other higher ranked characters doesn't make De³ being the absolute best, imo.
His most advantegous matchups are against mostly the lower half of the tier list, while he lacks advantages on the higher tiers. The only I could quickly name would be Snake, and that's only a 60:40 advantage.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well y'know, I think having these matchups on characters being so low on the tier list (with DK being the highest), and only a handful of advantageous matchups against other higher ranked characters doesn't make De³ being the absolute best, imo.
I never said he was the absolute best XD

I said he was worse then flaco matchup wise :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yes I know, I just was stating as to what will keep him from catching up to Falco again, who deserves where he is, he really IS that good. :bee:
Agreed. Falco is awesome.

Anyway, I'm surprised seeing lucas beside Ness. Ness is fine where he is but Lucas should be lower IMO.

Browny

Smash Hater
The list simply indicates how the characters are performing in tournaments right now. It does nothing to factor in potential, future evolution to the metagame, etc.
Are we meant to believe this? lol

--edit--

did not read last 2 pages

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Let it be known that I do not think any characters have any hidden potential that will ever cause them to rise exponentially on the list barring some huge glitch.

I feel like the tiers are pretty much set in stone and have been since the 6th month or so. Maybe less.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Let it be known that I do not think any characters have any hidden potential that will ever cause them to rise exponentially on the list barring some huge glitch.

I feel like the tiers are pretty much set in stone and have been since the 6th month or so. Maybe less.
I don't know.. I'm just waiting for someone to do something disgusting with Ice Climbers..

Browny

Smash Hater
well technically EL, the tiers have been set in stone from the second the game disc left manufacturing lol...

only thing left is how long it takes people to realise them

bigman40

Smash Master
I have the best option for you guys when you make the next tier list. Put Yoshi in Cookie Tier, and Sonic in Steak Tier, and I guarantee that none of them will get pissed. True fax I'm spittin out right now mang.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Just average Zelda and Sheik's positions. Voila. The Zelda/Sheik position.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It doesn't quite work like that, though, since you're technically also avoiding all the bad matchups of one or the other solo.

S8on95

Smash Cadet
Rename G Tier Captain Falcon tier because Captian Faclon is too good. Also why are IC so low. Can't they epic chain grab?

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
That Epic Chaingrab has many flaws and very hard, not to mention how long it takes for them to get a grab AND... Lose 1 IC and you've officialy ****d up your stock.

Falco.......Im about to here a whole lotta "AGH ***** anouther falco" when I go to these nub tournaments seeing how hes 3rd>.> time to change main

/sarcasm

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
well technically EL, the tiers have been set in stone from the second the game disc left manufacturing lol...

only thing left is how long it takes people to realise them
Dammit. I wish the rep system still existed, because I would plus you rep you across the universe and back.

Someone give this man a cookie.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Everyone logged into this forum already has a cookie. ^_^

Get back on topic now. :mad:

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Dammit. I wish the rep system still existed, because I would plus you rep you across the universe and back.

Someone give this man a cookie.
Really? Because I don't agree with that statement at all. It implies that there is one true, correct metagame out there that we'll someday attain, or perhaps approach. I think of the metagame as progressing, but not necessarily towards anything in particular. After all, if no one played this game, there wouldn't be any tiers to speak of. It wouldn't make sense.

But I think the two sides of this issue are incommensurable, so I suggest we not start debating about it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't get it, he either quoted the wrong person, or he is messing with anybody who doesn't get it at first because he was quoting EL...

On-topic though, Yoshi for cookie tier?

Moar On-topic: The more I look at it, the more I get used to the new voting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom