• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I said that he was that he was the best smasher primarily because of it. I don't think he got of beaten ally without it.
Oh really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7eZjxOme8E

Go ahead. Tell me Anther would not of won that First match without those 2 QAC's. Which collectively accounted for (6%?) damage. Please. What about Game 2 where he QAC'd much more and lost.

QAC doesn't make or break a player or a character. It's just a cool little trick which can be useful.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
QAC is a good move, but also a basic tactic that's just a part of learning how to play Pikachu. Not a big deal. It's definitely good, and very tricky. Pikachu's arsenal has quite a lot of stuff that still has potential to innovate with, and I think he is a good candidate for moving up in the tiers if more people start using him and placing well with him.

It's just that Pikachu has quite a high learning curve and mastering his combos and quick attack maneuvers demands a bit of tech skill. Definitely a great character overall, but the QAC itself isn't really "gamebreaking" or "new" to Pikachu at all. The things that people can do with it, however, still have to be discovered. I have high hopes for Pikachu (especially after learning how to play him myself, and creating a lot of my own tactics with him.)

QAC thunder is tooooo good.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Yes. I was running down a scenario where the standing infinite on DK was banned.

A lot of people overlook the fact that Dedede already has a ridiculously good match-up against DK even without the standing infinite.

Smooth Criminal
Like what, 60:40 or something? Either way, DK would have a WAY easier time if Dedede could only use the standard chaingrab against him.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Theres too phew Pit, Lucas and Ness players that go to tourneys and actually place high...

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Off topic, I've heard so much controversy about tiers and i'm sure someones said what i'm about to say before however i'm going to anyway.

When choosing your character for competitive play (to earn money at tournaments) it's true you shouldn't even remotely take a glance at the tier list however you should play all the character in brawl in depth and find which one you can do extremely well with, because metaknight is so good lot's of people that don't even know about the tier list will choose him.

It's just like Melee i personally have never played in a tournament or taken the game too seriously, however i naturally decided my characters of choice were Marth, Sheikh ,Peach and Yoshi and that's even before i knew what a tier list was, Most happen to be very high on the list, purely because i played long enough to see how awesome these characters could be in comparison to the other characters. In my opinion you should never aspire to choose a low tier purely to prove a point however if you decide you can cause max punishment with a low tier because you truely believe you play better with it than a high tier by all means do, and i'm sure that applies to many people.

This post goes out to the person that came up with the comment "tiers are for queers"

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi most definitely will, For some reason Metaknight and Yoshi are classed as equal in the matchups. Not sure why but yea.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yoshi most definitely will, For some reason Metaknight and Yoshi are classed as equal in the matchups. Not sure why but yea.
Where are you reading this?

Sure some could ARGUE Meta Knight doesn't have the advantage, but on queal level/guaranteed?

Pftbpha!

Besides that IIRC it was agreed 6/4 MK's advantage.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Yeah, MK has a small advantage. Yoshi's main advantage in the matchup is that he has a chaingrab to fair spike.

M.K

Level 55
I think Donkey Kong will move slightly down while Zero Suit Samus moves up to replace his spot in C-Tier.
I know that Donkey Kong has great range, and good grab combos but....what else makes him SO good?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
If nobody's against it, I'm making another list:

GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Snake
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
King Dedede
Marth
Wario
Diddy Kong

HIGH:

R.O.B
Lucario
Olimar
Pikachu
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
Peach

MIDDLE:

Pit
Wolf
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Sheik
Fox
Sonic
Yoshi
Ness

LOW:

Ike
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Samus
Link
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf

Browny

Smash Hater
I think Donkey Kong will move slightly down while Zero Suit Samus moves up to replace his spot in C-Tier.
I know that Donkey Kong has great range, and good grab combos but....what else makes him SO good?
The fact that he has multiple attacks all capable at KO'ing at low %'s. giant punch and usmash for <80 KO's, fsmash and dsmash will take out just about anyone at around 100 and of course the cargo stage spike and dair for like, 40% KO's lol. Hes very good on paper (probably one of the best) but yeah he can just kinda be exploited too easily with projectile spam / chain grabs :/

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
My new tier list:

Steak Tier

:sonic:

---------------------------------------------------

My REAL new tier list:

MK

1. :metaknight:

2. :snake:
3. :falco:
4. :diddy:
5. :dedede:
6. :gw:
7. :marth:

High

8. :wario:
9. :olimar:
10. :rob:
11. :lucario:
12. :pikachu2:

Mid-High

13. :popo:
14. :kirby2:
15. :zerosuitsamus:
16. :dk2:

Mid

17. :toonlink:
18. :peach:
19. :wolf:
20. :zelda:
21. :pit:

Mid-Low

22. :bowser2:
23. :luigi2:
24. :shiek:
25. :ike:
26. :fox:
27. :samus2:

Low

28. :lucas:
29. :mario2:
30. :ness2:
31. :sonic:
32. :yoshi2:
33. :pt:

Bottom

34. :link2:
35. :ganondorf:
36. :jigglypuff:
37. :falcon:

Frown

poekmon
Tierl list posting time? Well, here we go.

Samus tier

:samus2:
1. Samus
+30

Top-ish Tier

:snake:
2. Snake
=

:falco:
3. Falco
=

:dedede:
4. King Dedede
=

:gw:
5. Mr. Game & Watch
=

:diddy:
6. Diddy Kong
+1

:wario:
7. Wario
+1

:marth:
8. Marth

High Tier

:olimar:
9. Olimar
+2

:rob:
10. R.O.B.

:lucario:
11. Lucario

Mid-High Tier

:popo:
12. Ice Climbers
+3

:kirby2:
13. Kirby
=

:pikachu2:
14. Pikachu

:dk2:
15. Donkey Kong

:zerosuitsamus:
16. Zero Suit Samus
=

Mid Tier

:toonlink:
17. Toon Link
=

:peach:
18. Peach
+1

:pit:
19. Pit

Mid-Low Tier

:wolf:
20. Wolf
=

:bowser2:
21. Bowser
+2

:zelda:
22. Zelda
=

:fox:
23. Fox
+1

:luigi2:
24. Weegee

:shiek:
Sheik
=

:yoshi2:
26. Yoshi
+7

Low Tier

:lucas:
27. Lucas
+1

:mario2:
28. Mario

:ness2:
29. Ness
=

:pt:
30. Pokemon Trainer
+2

MK Tier

:metaknight:
31. Meta Knight

Bottom Tier

:link2:
32. Link
+1

:ganondorf:
33. Ganondorf
+2

:falcon:
34. Captain Falcon
+2

:jigglypuff:
35. Jigglypuff

Pork tier

:sonic:
36. Sonic

True bottom tier

37. Pinocchio
+13

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Time for another list by me I guess, except now I have more tournament experience against lower tiered characters.

GOD:

Meta Knight
Snake

TOP:

Falco
King Dedede
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Diddy Kong
Wario

HIGH:

Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
R.O.B
Donkey Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link

MIDDLE:

Peach
Wolf
Zelda
Pit
Luigi
Fox
Bowser
Sheik
Ike

LOW:

Ness
Sonic
Mario
Yoshi
Pokemon Trainer
Samus

BOTTOM:

Lucas
Link
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
People still think that Lucas is as good or better than Ness?
My thoughts exactly.

People who main a character and go to tournaments with them better than anyone else.

Both the Ness boards and the Lucas boards KNOW Lucas is worse than Ness.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom