• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody72691

Smash Ace
You've got a lot to learn.
and why the hell should i care?? a lot people can agree or disagree with me. matchups dont flow with me a lot of the time. if i'm playing with pit then yeah it matters. if snake no because hes good and with falcon, i have a uphill battle to go with. i'm sort of like rebaz but not as good as him.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
and why the hell should i care?? a lot people can agree or disagree with me. matchups dont flow with me a lot of the time. if i'm playing with pit then yeah it matters. if snake no because hes good and with falcon, i have a uphill battle to go with. i'm sort of like rebaz but not as good as him.
You just said matchups are irrelevant if a character is good. I would like to know I pissed myself when I read that. The amounts of fail here are just unmeasurable.

so..who else thinks Diddy and Wario belong above Marth and GnW
I think they're both on their way up, Wario more so than Diddy.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Marth Range is just to good, and G and W controls ground/air pretty well, Diddy and Wario shall never score higher then Marth and GW
Er..GnW has some crappy high tier matchups and so does Marth. Marth's range isn't "too good" it doesn't contend with the best ranged brawlers in the game. On the ground, he is outranged by Snake, DK, D3, Bowser, Ike, Link, ZSS, MK, ROB, Olimar, and is outranged by some other characters' good spacing moves like Mario, Ganon and Lucario which amounts to like half of the cast. His aerial range is inferior to DK, Link, Ike, Bowser and ZSS. So range isn't his strength, it's his disjointedness if anything. But still, I don't see how he's superior to Wario or Diddy. As for GnW..Well, he seems highly overrated and has some random crap matchups like Marth and DK.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
In a match-up based tier list Marth and G&W are higher then Diddy and Wario.

In a tournament based list the inverse is true.

Also Darknid made several false claims about Marth's range.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There is an "idiot" infraction, but do you want to go as far as to perma-ban him/her (lolwut?)?

...Uhm anyway... I kind of think G&W won't be going anywhere but down, and Marth is the same except either in the same spot or up.

Wario is stepping it up, and as for Diddy... well, in the right hands he's quite the monster, but then again can that not be true for every other character?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Would anyone strongly disagree if i suggest that the bottom five go:
C.Falcon
Lucas
Samus
Link
Ganon

I think the worst in tha game are these five, everyone else in question has some type glimer of hope, where as these five have staggnented pretty bad. Jiggly has new DI to rest being found and used, and is really good off stage and gimps, yoshi isn't bad, period, Ness despite the grab release he has an easier time overcoming it then Lucas(although i still think hes the 6th worst). PT, see reflex and know his potential.

And Falcon isn't horrible if your not being a idiot with him. I.E. using useless(almost) moves like raptor boost, falcon kick, falcon punch. Fsmash. If a falcon only uses moves like grabs, uair, nair, jab, dair, ftilt, uptilt, he really isn't that bad.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
No it wasn't in order , I didn't put in order, i was asking if it would be safe to say these are the 5 worst in the game. If i were to put an order to it, it would be

Samus
Lucas
C.Falcon
Link
Ganon

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah, it's pretty safe to assume those 5 are the worst. I used to think Jiggly was the 3rd/4th spot but if G&W isn't in the picture that isn't necessarily true.

G&W does hard-counter Jiggly, right?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Yeh pretty hard counter, i think 80-20,(don't quote me on that), but as long as G+W continues to falture Jiggly can start to rise a bit.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Jigglypuff's only NIGHTMARE match is really Game and Watch, it's near unwinnable if you're playing a decent one. Jigglypuff goes almost even, or at a slight disadvantage against Meta Knight, so that's one positive trait about using her.

woody72691

Smash Ace
G&W game has really stepped up. i like where his going. he might beat MK u never know( not saying he will) . this is like the NCAA tourny anything can happen. but this years NCAA tourny sucked monkey ***

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
no we don't know what the future holds but as of now, G+W isn't going anywhere, and neither is samus, if anything there going down.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wasn't aware that there was room for growth in the G&W metagame at any point. Is there ANY creativity in good G&W play?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not that I'm aware of.
He's just a wall of stats, but he's too slow to make great use of it like Melee Marth did. He's only going to go lower as people figure out how to play him, because nothing outside of Bucket Braking seems to have been brought to light. Why anyone has trouble with Game and Watch nowadays is beyond me.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
He's just a wall of stats, but he's too slow to make great use of it like Melee Marth did. He's only going to go lower as people figure out how to play him, because nothing outside of Bucket Braking seems to have been brought to light. Why anyone has trouble with Game and Watch nowadays is beyond me.
It's ironic that the most creatively made and random character in the game is so blah.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, Game and Watch suffers the problem he's the most straight forward character in the game. You know how he will approach, you know how he will rack damage and you know how he will KO.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Yea, Game and Watch suffers the problem he's the most straight forward character in the game. You know how he will approach, you know how he will rack damage and you know how he will KO.
Which is why he's going nowhere but down. I think come next tier list, he'll be bumped down at least 2 spots.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol. Well, he still is a Top Tier character, no doubt. He still will stay up there because of how good he is.

I don't know who will pass him, though, outside of Wario. And maybe Diddy. Falco will even be bumped down, most likely. So... I think he probably will rather stay on his position.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
lol. Well, he still is a Top Tier character, no doubt. He still will stay up there because of how good he is.

I don't know who will pass him, though, outside of Wario. And maybe Diddy. Falco will even be bumped down, most likely. So... I think he probably will rather stay on his position.
Diddy, Wario, and Olimar are definitely possible candidates.
Though I haven't heard much from them metagame wise.

I'd just like to see a narrowing down of the number of tiers. MK and Snake into one probably. DDD, G&W, Falco, Wario, Marth and Diddy into the next. After that I have no idea about the tiers and how they would place.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to see a narrowing down of the number of tiers. MK and Snake into one probably. DDD, G&W, Falco, Wario, Marth and Diddy into the next. After that I have no idea about the tiers and how they would place.
I would also really like to see less tiers. I think having MK and Snake in an S tier, and then having the standard 5 tiers would be an optimal way to make the tier list. (so 6 tiers total)

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
In a match-up based tier list Marth and G&W are higher then Diddy and Wario.

In a tournament based list the inverse is true.

Also Darknid made several false claims about Marth's range.
Name one? You guys have it set in your minds that marth is a god of range, but go into the game and see for yourselves. I also forgot Zard and Ivysaur who outrange him on the ground and in the air. As for Bowser..Go into the game and compare their fairs, Bowser's actually has better range. You wouldn't think it does, but it does. Before you dog me for saying something, go check to see if it's true.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ivysaur has a hard time getting into a position where B-Airs outrange Marth. If only Ivysaur wasn't so cursed slow in the air...

But, Marth's range really isn't particularly nice. It is good, though. The aerial advantage mostly comes from the fact that Marth's aerials are so fast to come out.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Darknid - Do not presume to tell me how I feel about Marth's traits. It reeks of arrogance.

Anyway when speaking of range you can't just look at one or two moves but the overall moveset and the moves that will be used the most. Usually if a character outranges Marth there are stipulations. Marth might have less range when comparing air to air, but more when comparing ground to ground.

Or maybe his opponent only outranges him with one move while Marth has more range on everything else. Also if a move is bad then it's range means little. Ivy is a good example. Her great range is offset by low damage.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Darknid - Do not presume to tell me how I feel about Marth's traits. It reeks of arrogance.

Anyway when speaking of range you can't just look at one or two moves but the overall moveset and the moves that will be used the most. Usually if a character outranges Marth there are stipulations. Marth might have less range when comparing air to air, but more when comparing ground to ground.

Or maybe his opponent only outranges him with one move while Marth has more range on everything else. Also if a move is bad then it's range means little. Ivy is a good example. Her great range is offset by low damage.
Er..Yes, yes you can. Marth can have 80 moves that cover 2 inches of screen length but if a character has 1 reliable move that covers 3, he's outranged. Period. Look at the characters I listed. D3, F tilt. Reliable for spacing, heavily outranges Marth. That's one move, but it makes the difference. I also differentiated between outranging marth in the ground and in the air, if you'd read my original post. Low damage? Well, Ivy's bair and fair beat Marth's range in the air, and they are easy to use for spacing. Fsmash also beats Marth's range on the ground, and F tilt contends with it. The jabs also contend, as well as D tilt. F smash has plenty of power. Damage doesn't decide a move's effectiveness as far as spacing is concerned. DK's F tilt only does 10 damage but it still demolishes Marth's ground game from a distance. I took all of this into account when listing these characters.

So it really doesn't matter if Marth's U tilt, F smash, F tilt, D tilt and D smash all have good range if they are all beaten by a DK F tilt or D3 F tilt. The variety of moves doesn't matter if they all lose in terms of range to one useful move your opponent has. So, in conclusion, a list of characters that ourange Marth:

On the ground:

DK
D3
Ike
Bowser
Snake
Charizard
Ivysaur
Olimar
Zero Suit Samus
Link

Characters that outrange Marth with good, but non-spammable spacing moves on the ground:

Mario
Lucario
Falco
Ganondorf

Characters that outrange Marth in the air(CHECK IN THE GAME BEFORE YOU ARGUE THIS):

DK
Charizard
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
Link
Samus
Ike
Bowser
Snake

Marth's range isn't even among the best in the game.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Now you would be correct, since you got specific. No one claimed Marth had amazing range btw. I sure as hell didn't. It's the solid range combined with his attack speed and recovery time that makes him good.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Many of Ivysaur's ranged moves actually do nice damage or have good properties to make up for low damage. F-Tilt regularly does 17% if the entire attack hits. F-Smash is about the same, even if it's fairly unsafe, but it pulls back before the attack, so it can be used as a counter move of sorts. B-Air is literally lagless when you land, so it's ridiculously spammable when used with various jumping maneuvers, such as empty short-hops, and double B-Airs in a full-hop. F-Air has nice range and deals 10%, which is pretty decent; 's also a good KO move when fresh. D-Tilt has decent range, hits twice, and comes out on Frame 3 (if I'm not mistaken), so there's a lot of good points in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom