• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Oh, so you mean to tell me that Sonic being able to **** with his opponents minds better than Ganondorf when dashing is simply player dependent and not character dependent? That's a load of ****.
Except that ISN'T WHAT IT MEANS!
You are being inaccurate in your understanding.

It isn't that his mindgame potential is a direct result.

His mingame potential stems from his ability to keep his options open.
Those options are character dependent. the mindgames that result are player dependent.

it isn't just Sonic dashing around that causes the mindgame. That's far from it.
It is because you have all these options.
Its because of those options that those mindgames exist. So your opponent has to deal with a guessing game.

This is very similar to Captain Falcon in melee, when he was dash dancing, you weren't sure what he would do because he had all those options available to him and when you mde an error in judgment, you were punished.

Having all those options leads to the mindgames, its not like the mindgames themselves are a direct result.

This is why when you are in a Sonic ditto, they take FOREVER, because both players have so many options before them and both players have the ability to deal with them in an equal manner.

The mindgames themselves are player dependent.
The option that are behind them, that then cause the opponent to play a guessing game are character dependent.
Am I clear now or do you not understand?

So if I am aproaching with Sonic, i can do sideB Cancel then OOS uair.
Or I can dash grab or dash shield grab.
Or side B cancel to another side B.
I have tons of options available, you, as my opponent have to guess and thats where the mindgames appear.

I is very similar to Captain Falcon dash dancing in melee, he has lots of options available to you, its not like he is causing you to make a mistake.

tl;dr; The ability to keep his options open are character dependent. The mindgames that result are player dependent.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I understand perfectly well what you're saying. Falling for that stuff is a player mistake.

That said, my original point was that Sonic is effective at causing this because of the reasons you so valiantly outlined and that Falcon is not as effective at this because he has less options to work with. I don't see why I have to play semantics and separate Sonic and screwing with his opponent with all of those words when it was pretty much understood that Sonic is one of the best characters for forcing those mistakes.

Also, of course there's more than dashing, but the original point made was about Falcon's speed, and my point was that while his dash is good, his attacks are not cutting it as well. Sonic himself DOES carry better tools than most to cause people to fall for ****. If you deny this, then you are alluding to me that Ganondorf's speed is not an issue for him to force mistakes to get hits (the original reason why we're having this conversation in the first place).

In short, while what you're saying is true, it's not disproving anything I'm saying. If anything, it's proving my point about why Sonic is better at it than Falcon, so I don't see what message you're trying to get across that I haven't seen/figured out yet.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Its not that you are wrong or anything. Its that you are half right in the way you are looking at it.
Saying Sonic has high mindgame potential is inaccurate, because that is saying that Sonic causes mindgames.
All thats really happening is that sonic has his options open.
So its more like one is caused by the other.
Rather than a direct relationship that you are implying.

SmashBoards is serious ****ing business.

I come off as very serious though, internet sucks at conveying tone.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Well if I chose the wrong words, then I'm sorry for the confusion, but I view Sonic -> player's control -> messing with the opponent as Sonic -> messing with the opponent.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its not that you are wrong or anything. Its that you are half right in the way you are looking at it.
Saying Sonic has high mindgame potential is inaccurate, because that is saying that Sonic causes mindgames.
All thats really happening is that sonic has his options open.
So its more like one is caused by the other.
Rather than a direct relationship that you are implying.
who really cares which causes which or which direction the flowchart moves. it doesnt really matter, since the end result is the same.

if you are going to argue about something the least you could do is not argue with the few people that agree with you to begin with

woody72691

Smash Ace
this tier list shouldnt ever really matter. but people somehow believe that this matters when the player makes the character

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
who really cares which causes which or which direction the flowchart moves. it doesnt really matter, since the end result is the same.

if you are going to argue about something the least you could do is not argue with the few people that agree with you to begin with
It was an issue on the way things were being said.
in short a misunderstanding

Stop poking your nose in things that are not of your concern smart one.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Having not played Brawl since the first couple of months I find the most interesting placing is Falco. Someone want to explain to me what has happened with some of his metagame?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Well, his Lasers reminds you why life sucks. It leads into many things, and He can outcamp anyone with Lasers and Shine.

He also has a CG to Spike on 90% of the cast. It also can lead to like 0- 65%

Well, those are the major changes really.
I may be missing some stuff, as I do not main Falco.

woody72691

Smash Ace
yeah i'm getting so sick of hearing that ice climbers and DDD should be higher all because they can infinite chain grab. big deal.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Infinites are guaranteed losses. It IS a big deal.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
lololololololol.
There's nothing cheap about it.

woody72691

Smash Ace
if u are the one getting it!! but when your doing it, its not!!! i like doing the marth one. i saw it in one of the combo vids

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, there's nothing cheap about using something to your advantage. Going into a match knowing you'll be infinited is just stupid.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I have yet to see a Samus win against the likes of a D3 who knows about the standing CG or a MK.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nah, Captain Falcon is awful. Doomed to dead last. Forever.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
projectiles. matchups dont matter. cause i say agin. player makes the character
lol.

I wish that was true, haha.

Dedede has projectiles too, by the way. And matchups matter. They really do. If they really don't, then please show me a good Sheik playing against a Ganon - that's a 90:10 Matchup.

because there havent been matches i've seen with those two.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229906 <- Xyro, one of the best Samus players, vs. Mew2King (with MK)

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
yeah i'm getting so sick of hearing that ice climbers and DDD should be higher all because they can infinite chain grab. big deal.
its cheap. thats really what i have to say about it.
if u are the one getting it!! but when your doing it, its not!!! i like doing the marth one. i saw it in one of the combo vids
thats why u pick someone like lucario or samus [to deal with DDD]
projectiles. matchups dont matter. cause i say agin. player makes the character

You've got a lot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom