• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
People will learn how to control the bananas. Diddy will go up, then down.
Thing is, though, a GOOD Diddy won't let them get around them.

How does everyone feel about R.O.B. come next list? I haven't really heard much about his metagame as of late.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
ROB's having it tough, since ZSS now has that infinite. If anyone wanted to beat a good ROB, I can see some people learning it. I see ROB moving down, honestly. But not by much.

.Marik

is a social misfit
This Tier List is far from accurate from the advancement of the current metagame. Just sit back and wait for the next one, it is coming soon anyway.
Quoted for truth.

ROB's having it tough, since ZSS now has that infinite. If anyone wanted to beat a good ROB, I can see some people learning it. I see ROB moving down, honestly. But not by much.
I honestly don't see many solid, good R.O.B. players around in the first place. There are a few, such as Holy and ChiboSempai, who place extremely well all the time. So I don't know if R.O.B. will move down... but I don't think he'll move up. He's the current 9th best, which is pretty decent.

Anyways, since not many people answered me...

Who's better? Link or Samus?

Reasons as to why you selected a certain character would be awesome. I'll add my imput later.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You wouldn't think it does, but it does. Before you dog me for saying something, go check to see if it's true.
You sure about that?

I can't be 100% right, but even if Bowser's Fair is longer than Marth's, I would think Marth has it easier since he doesn't put his hurtbox forward with him as Bowser would (maybe, at least that's how aerial priority works if I am not mistaken). Add that with his speed and grace and you got a pretty decent aerial game without a projectile.

I don't know if R.O.B. will move down... but I don't think he'll move up. He's the current 9th best, which is pretty decent.

Anyways, since not many people answered me...

Who's better? Link or Samus?

Reasons as to why you selected a certain character would be awesome. I'll add my imput later.
He certainly isn't going up anytime soon.

I would also want to thin that Samus might be better but that might be just because she can recover and more or less has that same brickwall game Link has.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Shame, too, since ROB is a great character.

EDIT: Also, that's a tough one. Both great projectile chars with good combo ability, I'd say Link is better at both, but Samus has a pretty good recovery with several options and is dangerous off of the ledge, I'd say Samus.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've never really seen a ROB I liked, his play style is just irritating to fight. Most of what I say about him going down is personal bias, I just don't like Robert.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
A great character? I hope you mean one that is semi-tourney viable or some s*** like that, because God knows what Brawl would be without R.O.B. (note/hint, did anybody really want/expect him to be in Brawl?).

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
A great character? I hope you mean one that is semi-tourney viable or some s*** like that, because God knows what Brawl would be without R.O.B. (note/hint, did anybody really want/expect him to be in Brawl?).
At the start, I did, but I gave up hope after he became an SSE enemy. And then when he got in I was like "OMGWTFBBQ."

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Pokemon Trainer made it to B Tier.

I think ROB's a pretty well-rounded character. Mostly situational aerials hampers him a bit, however.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It's hard to say who is better, Samus or Link...

Samus has a good recovery, but lacks power, and has decent tilts and projectiles. Has a longer Zair, but Samus is very situational and has no priority. There are beast Samus players out there, however.

Link has power, good projectiles, but is slow and has a mediocre recovery, which hampers him a bit. Link has much better priority than Samus, in my opinion. Kills quicker and is stronger than Samus.

I don't know. Maybe someone could help me out here?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Situational aerials Reflex?

I think it's rather his blindspot down below him in the air that gives him a hard time since he can't protect it as quikly as some would want to.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Kinzer, you've never failed to convince me that you're a *******.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
^^

Assuming you were serious: Okay.

Assuming you were sarcastic: Okay.

I hate speech tone on the internet.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Situational aerials Reflex?
F-Air is a good move, but it's just immediately in front of him. N-Air has some startup, so if you just hit him before you see the animation, you'll be okay. U-Air is immediately above him and can leave him open if he misses. D-Air has significant startup and cooldown, and only hits immediately below him.

B-Air is stupid, and if I was a ROB player, that would be half of all my moves. <3

But it doesn't cover everything.

As a result of all that, he's so easy to juggle in the air as long as you avoid the stronger moves and outrange the F-Air.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thing is: The matchups ROB:Zamus was already in ROB's disadvantage in the first place. I really doubt that ROB will sink just because one character has an infinite on him. In fact, I doubt you will see that infinite often in tournament play simply for the fact it's hard to pull off against a spammy ROB.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh I see where you're coming from now Reflex.

I guess it's just not being in the immediate vicinity for the attack, you should be fine. It applies a little different for Bair and Dair since they seem to last quite some time (that Burner is nice), and have that nice range, but it's kind of slow and as you side only covers a small area.

That Nair is kind of silly though, nuff said.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm still waiting for the Olimar's to find that incredible AT inside those Pikmin.

6 disposable Nana-like partners and they've found NOTHING so far? They'll be doing usmashes from across FD in a year or two, you'll see.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
They don't need to find ATs, he's already a pain in the a** to fight.

Edit: Oh GD it you play Peach.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"Oh no... Olimar..." *giggle giggle*

Of course he doesn't need them, but if there's any character simply waiting around to be unlocked, it's Olimar. In terms of advanced potential, Olimar is a trench and we're swimming in the kiddie pool.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's pretty sad that lucario could be going down by like one, but people are learning to be much better at not getting gimped as him, plus if Zamus and Diddy are going up, I hope that he will kind of follow.
I see Olimar having some nice potential, although I don't like the idea of a meh recovery that relies on batting away the hogger before you grab, especially with not so great aerials (considering that most higher characters have amazing edgeguarding aerials).

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
We all know Oli's weaknesses, but he can avoid them as best he can and he's a beast in every other aspect.

As for 3rd/4th place, I still believe that Wario and Diddy could rise that high

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
C-C-C-C-Como Breaker!!!!

Let's talk Ice Climbers please.

They're kind of low as of now IMO, does anybody have any reason they might rise/drop/stay in the same place?

I would think that they're in a place where they have untapped potential and nobody has still fully mastered them (or have they?). With desyncs, Blizzard for offense and defense, chaingrabs (of course), and just a fortress from what I can see, they can be a very worthy adversary.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Yes they can be, THEY being the key word, once the ***** dies popo is a low-mid tier character by himself. The IC rely heavily on there CG's. When they are together, they are IMO the 3rd best in the game, but when they are seperated Popo becomes like i said a low tier character. There main problem is that every character has a least one move that can seperate them, so they must be careful. As of now i think they are way to low, i would say they belong above Lucario, but still below ROB.(on the current tier list.)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kinzer... how dare you.
I don't really have much of an opinion on Ice Climbers. Haven't seen much of them around here, and I haven't found a completely amazing IC offline.

Tamoo

Smash Master
What are people's opinion on luigi?
I personally feel that he has great potential to move up at least 3 spaces in the future at least, and Ankoku's thread supports this, with some very good placings recently,
Also has actual combo ability and has the ultimate combo breaking nair, plus can kill vertically very quickly with the majority of his moves, most notably shoyruken and tilted fsmash.
Has relatively good recovery options, if slightly predictable

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
What are people's opinion on luigi?
I personally feel that he has great potential to move up at least 3 spaces in the future at least, and Ankoku's thread supports this, with some very good placings recently,
Also has actual combo ability and has the ultimate combo breaking nair, plus can kill vertically very quickly with the majority of his moves, most notably shoyruken and tilted fsmash.
Has relatively good recovery options, if slightly predictable
I see Weegee rising through the ranks a bit, maybe 2 places. I've been seeing more and more of him in tournies lately, and they don't dissapoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom