• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It would be interesting to finally get a persuasive answer on who the worst is in Brawl.

That's just me though.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
I actually think Boswer is a good topic. Do you think Bowser should be mid tier (along with peach, TL, (Z/S before she gets into high tier) pit, luigi and wolf) or low tier with everyone else and able to compete in low tier tournaments?

Frown

poekmon
I actually think Boswer is a good topic. Do you think Bowser should be mid tier (along with peach, TL, (Z/S before she gets into high tier) pit, luigi and wolf) or low tier with everyone else and able to compete in low tier tournaments?

No. Worst char in the game.

Around the mid/low border, probably.

TP

Smash Master
To be fair, I also left out Ganon's Up tilt, which I find to be a good edge guard every now and then (yes or no?).
Oh snap, I forgot about Utilt edgeguard. That thing is great. I used it in my last tournament to beat a Luigi, since his recovery is so predictable.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Bowser belongs in the middle of mid tier TBH..He really does have a lot of things going for him and you can't say the same about a lot of the mid tiers.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Nevermind, Ganon is clearly better.

Either way, Ganon and Falcon combined are going to have the last 2 spots on the tier list and I don't think this discussion is going to matter when it comes to people's opinions on each character. As far as which one goes where, I don't think that it matters in the grand scheme of the tier list, the higher tiers need to be looked at more closely for preciseness than these 2...
hahaha...the thing is, others (myself included) don't think falcon is in the bottom two. Am I biased? Maybe...:p....but there are SBR members who agree with me (who will remain un named....lame -_-)

You'd be surprised where some very well known players place falcon on the tier list.....I was :|

Just to throw it out there: When I was maining falcon the first time around I thought he was far and away the worst character in the game. After attending tournaments and beating other characters who are "better" than falcon consistently (and baiting kids into MM's ROFL), I think differently about him.

Still a bad character lol. Definitely. But worst? I don't think so. Under Rated and doesn't deserve as much negativity as people give him? Definitely.

*REPHRASES FOR EMPHASIS* he's definitely still a bad character. xD.
Kthanks.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Bowser is low end of Mid Tier. He's too good for Low Tier, but doesn't have enough tourney results and people playing him to be much higher.
Fixed for koopa justice.

Bowser could rank in the middle of mid tier but his results will always weigh him down.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser could rank in the middle of mid tier but his results will always weigh him down.
I honestly doubt he will rank very much higher than lower half. I even doubt he will stay in Mid Tier. Even after over one year of Brawl's release, people STILL say Bowser is slow.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser has one of the best aerial mobilities in the game. His ground speed is average. His attack speed is comparable with Snake's in pretty much every regard.

Bowser isn't fast, I give that to you, but Snake is slower.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Bowser has one of the best aerial mobilities in the game. His ground speed is average. His attack speed is comparable with Snake's in pretty much every regard.

Bowser isn't fast, I give that to you, but Snake is slower.
I wouldnt one of the best, I say above average for air mobility, you want best look at JIgglypuff

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I wouldnt one of the best, I say above average for air mobility, you want best look at JIgglypuff
I didn't say best, I said one of the best. But it was clear that a Jigglypuff main had to come in and twist my words in my mouth. I repeat: Bowser has ONE OF the best aerial mobilities.

Do people use Bowser? I haven't heard of any Bowser players at all.
No. Though Sliq, Vex Kasrani and NinjaLink play Bowser. Bowser isn't played at tournaments due to several reasons: An unwinnable matchup that's very common at tournaments (De3), people assuming he's bad. He's on the lower end of mid tier, and thus he can't win a tournament alone - especially not with De3's (and ICs') infinite. He's too good, though, to be played in a Low Tier tournament. Add the fact he's not as easy to pick up as other Mid/Low Tiers such as Ike or Luigi, and then you have a character nobody is willing to play as.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Jigglypuff beat's Meta Knight by doing that, this would be a very strong news for me since I don't believe that can happen, lol.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
F: Mario, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic, Yoshi
G: Lucas, Samus, Link
H: Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon
Besides maybe the last two, I've heard more or less "***** low tier tourneys" from each of those characters.

>____>

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Good luck beating M2K's Meta Knight with Jigglypuff, then: He doesn't spam tornado. Quite the contrary. He hardly uses tornado.

@Meno:
Heh. Well... I have no answer to you for that, other than I'm pretty sure that this is what these characters' current potential is.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
If Jigglypuff beat's Meta Knight by doing that, this would be a very strong news for me since I don't believe that can happen, lol.
Jigglypuff can rest metekinght out of his tornado, JIggs has some good points when it comes to like two or three top tiers but her light weight really screws her over big time. Also people tend to spam her fair causing it to get weaker.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
As an aside: earlier, ShadowLink84, when I said "duped" and "Sonic", I meant that Sonic was making his opponents go stupid. That was slang.

Anyway, while I agree with Meno in that a lot of people think a lot of those characters are too good for low tier... I kinda feel that PT is too good for low tier tournaments. (Hint: he should be mid tier.)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I can see possible untapped potential in Pokemon Trainer, however, at the current state of the metagame, I think he is Low Tier.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
The only people I have ever seen that seem to bring out PT's Pontential are Reflex, Typh, etc.

HOWEVER, they usually only release that pontential with one Pokemon.
If we can manage to just have someone master all 3,

but enough of that.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Good luck beating M2K's Meta Knight with Jigglypuff, then: He doesn't spam tornado. Quite the contrary. He hardly uses tornado.
M2k has no knowledge of Jigglypuff in Brawl. Before he played me he didn't know that

- Jigglypuff's Pound has that much priority and sheild breakage
- Jigglypuff's DACUS
- Drill to Rest Combo
- Pound, Rest and Nair go through Nado

And also characters that have been placing high on low tier tournies if Ike isn't allowed.

Sonic, Yoshi, and Jigglypuff

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
As an aside: earlier, ShadowLink84, when I said "duped" and "Sonic", I meant that Sonic was making his opponents go stupid. That was slang.
No duh which was why I said that was PLAYER DEPENDENT.
Sonic is making you do anything, that's just your own reaction.
Sonics playstyle is that he keeps his options open during an approach.
As in unlike other characters, he isn't restricted to certain moves while he is running.

In anycase I cannot see as to how Sonic is low tier considering he is placing better than all those characters, consistently, on a regular basis.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Huh? Yoshi goes even against Ike man. He'll still be placing high on Low tier tournaments even if Ike was there.
The point is that Ike only has one match-up in a low tier tournament that isn't dead even or in his favor, and thats a 45-55 against Link. Yoshi, Mario, and Sonic are dead even. Ness and Lucas even. Everything else his in his favor. If people are silly enough to allow Ike in a low-tier tournament (the fact he's mid-tier notwithstanding), he wins most of the time.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
No duh which was why I said that was PLAYER DEPENDENT.
Sonic is making you do anything, that's just your own reaction.
Sonics playstyle is that he keeps his options open during an approach.
As in unlike other characters, he isn't restricted to certain moves while he is running.

In anycase I cannot see as to how Sonic is low tier considering he is placing better than all those characters, consistently, on a regular basis.
Oh, so you mean to tell me that Sonic being able to **** with his opponents minds better than Ganondorf when dashing is simply player dependent and not character dependent? That's a load of ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom