• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official "RATE MY KIRBY" and "HELP WITH A MATCHUP" thread!

Is this thread useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ok ill try that. Yes I know the 50% combo on dorf it's f-throw-u-air-f-throw-u-air-dtilit-f-smash.

It's not always easy to spot dodge correctly on wifi, but i'll try.

Thnx
Try rolling behind him when he tries to chainchoke you, or shorthop airdodge... I feel it can be more effective than sptdodging in some cases since you're invincible and can also move sideways, rather than stay in one spot and risk getting punished after the invincibility frames end.

Try air-camping a bit, SNO, jumping just out of reach, and doing as if you're gonna touch the ground, then jumping again... It works wonderfully when playing against impatient people, they think you're gonna land and throw out an attack, and once you see that, you fall in with a bair. Works wonders vs Diddy players, since their approaches are bananas, and they end up throwing them below you.

Meta-K

Smash Rookie
Hey Kirby boards! It's my first time here (forgot I signed up for the website already XD). Although the name implies otherwise, I'm a Kirby main, with D3, MK, and Pika backups. I have a relatively embarassing matchup question: Jigglypuff. For some reason, my Kirby just can't seem to deal with a properly-spacing Jigglypuff (I find the matchup harder than most high tiers, for some odd reason). Do you have any advice?

Also, I'll try to get some videos of me playing for critique, but it may not be for a month or so, as not only do I not have recording software, I don't even own a video camera, so I have to rely on other people recording their matches against me.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Hey guys. So I've been working on my kirby(originally my secondary with Marth as my main, now trying to decide on who to main X_X). I figure I've tried working without expert kirby help for long enough and I should get some advice from people who actually know about kirby's game instead of just trying to watch chudat and fail at copying stuff from him. xD

Anywho, here's the vid. It's vs a ranked socal player(ex marth main) JunkInTheTrunk. He mains DDD now though. Anyways, he's teaching me how to play brawl better. I'll admit there are a few wtf moments in the matches(lol sd's) but just a general critique on my play-style would be awesome. I really want to improve and start repping kirby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJr9TjTkH9o

Thanks in advance. =] (p.s. I'm still trying to decide on a new color for my kirbs. Alternating between pink, yellow, blue, and red)

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Hey guys. So I've been working on my kirby(originally my secondary with Marth as my main, now trying to decide on who to main X_X). I figure I've tried working without expert kirby help for long enough and I should get some advice from people who actually know about kirby's game instead of just trying to watch chudat and fail at copying stuff from him. xD

Anywho, here's the vid. It's vs a ranked socal player(ex marth main) JunkInTheTrunk. He mains DDD now though. Anyways, he's teaching me how to play brawl better. I'll admit there are a few wtf moments in the matches(lol sd's) but just a general critique on my play-style would be awesome. I really want to improve and start repping kirby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJr9TjTkH9o

Thanks in advance. =] (p.s. I'm still trying to decide on a new color for my kirbs. Alternating between pink, yellow, blue, and red)
I watched the first match. I think you got a nice Kirby. Your spacing is ok, you got the grab combos down, but it's better if you mix-up f-throw and d-throw. However, you have to work on a few things. Space perfectly your aerials, at the start of the match, you space them poorly, resulting in you getting shieldgrabbed. Later on the match, you spaced better. Your spacing has to be as perfect as possible. Less aerial hammer, it's better used as a surprise move and to bait airdodges/spotdodges. I didn't see any tilt other then u-tilt, use all of your tilts!! F-tilt/d-tilt are good spacing tolls and you can also punish poorly spaced/low ranged/low lag attacks on your shield, better than smash attacks at low percent and better than grabs at high percents.

This is it for now, I'll probably watch the other matches later. Hope it helps :]

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I watched the first match. I think you got a nice Kirby. Your spacing is ok, you got the grab combos down, but it's better if you mix-up f-throw and d-throw. However, you have to work on a few things. Space perfectly your aerials, at the start of the match, you space them poorly, resulting in you getting shieldgrabbed. Later on the match, you spaced better. Your spacing has to be as perfect as possible. Less aerial hammer, it's better used as a surprise move and to bait airdodges/spotdodges. I didn't see any tilt other then u-tilt, use all of your tilts!! F-tilt/d-tilt are good spacing tolls and you can also punish poorly spaced/low ranged/low lag attacks on your shield, better than smash attacks at low percent and better than grabs at high percents.

This is it for now, I'll probably watch the other matches later. Hope it helps :]
Haha thanks. And ya, I used to overuse the dthrow to utilt cg's but then someone told me to use fthrow to uair cg's more so now I've forgotten about the dthrow to utilt cg. xD I just like hitting with the hammer at the end since it undecays my other moves and does a lot of damage. But ya, I was trying to hit with the hammer too much at some points. I usually don't use it on stage too much but I think while we were playing we started talking about it so I subconsciously started using it more. xD No johns about it though.

I see what you're saying about tilts though. My dtilt game is almost non-existent and I'm working on using ftilt more as a spacer. I'm used to Marth's long dtilt range so whenever I use kirby's dtilt it just feels so short. What's some of the best uses for dtilt? =\

Thanks again!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Peach matchup, iunno. I guess we'll discuss her next in the matchup thread:).

Like the post above me, I myself have some trouble with some matchups aswell, namely Marth and Snake. What would you reccomend against them?
Marth...I'd honestly recommend a secondary. If you don't have any good seconds vs him, choose meta knight, and you could probably do better than with Kirby (I'm serious...). A good Marth outranges Kirby too much to be beatable if he plays it right.

Snake? Snake matchup summary:

Overview:
Snake from Metal Gear Solid joins the Brawl! With extremely broken powers of camping and not dying, he’s a tough matchup. Using his beardly awesomeness to aid him in battle Snake is second on the tier list, but by copying his beard, you can achieve a camping power that surpasses even his own.

Pros+Cons:
+Extremely heavy, making him very difficult to outright KO.
+Camping can force Kirby to approach, which is something Kirby rarely wants to do.
+Tilts have very large range.
+

-Kirby is one of the best characters at gimping Snake.
-Snake is easy to rack up damage on offstage.
-Heaviness makes him susceptible to aerial juggling.

Watch out for:
Utilt – His utilt has extremely broken range (it outranges every aerial approach you have, except final cutter) and extremely broken power. If hit by it, DI behind Snake to live longer.

Ftilt – It can do a maximum of 21% damage if both hits make contact, and is Snake’s main punishing move.

Usmash – His usmash is a 2-hit attack, one hit with the mortar and one with the small projectile it pushes out. It can be used in a DACUS for a very long range attack, and a smart Snake will use it near the edge when you are recovering.

Pivot Grabs – Snake’s pivot grabs are very broken, much like his weight.

Dthrow & Follow-ups – Snakes dthrow does a decent amount of damage and he can chase you very well do to your slow roll and short roll distance.

How to win:
Get Him in the Air – Snake is afraid of being in the air. All his aerials are too slow to counter yours, which means a jugglefest. Deal damage to him while you can, and expect to take quite a bit when he falls down to earth.

DI His Dair, Nair and Jab– Snake’s dair and nair are 4-hit moves, the last hit being a powerful KO move, and his jab is a 3-hit move with large knockback on the 3rd hit. Make sure to DI them so you don’t get hit by the KOing part.

Inhale Him Out of the Cypher – Inhaling Snake out of the cypher and not spitting him out acts the same as a grab. Jump offstage towards the end of the inhale duration. Either you get a footstool on him, or he DI’s horizontally and can’t bomb jump, resulting in death.

Copy His Power– This probably seems a little confusing, given the previous point, but copying grenades makes winning so much easier. See Spit or Swallow (next section) for more talk about each.

Keep Track of C4 and Mine – Make sure to remember where his C4 and mine are, and if you can, take a look at the clock when he plants a C4. It’ll blow up in ~27 seconds on its own.

Mix up Between Fthrow and Dthrow at the Beginning of Stocks – Snake can pull a ‘nade in each of these cases which will explode after any follow-ups (except aerial hammer after fthrow), but if you read that he’s going to do these, we can get follow-ups on him (inhale after a Dthrow if he pulls a ‘nade, hammer after fthrow if he pulls one…). It eventually becomes a game of mix-ups between pulling a ‘nade or not for Snake and how to attack for Kirby.

Fight for 4th Port – The person in the “better” port (1<2<3<4) won’t get knocked back after a ‘nade explodes and one person is grabbing the other. Kirby is in a perfect position to be hit after a ‘nade explodes if he’s in an inferior port to Snake.

Effectively Use FC’s Projectile – FC’s projectile can blow up Snake’s ‘nades and mines, though expect to have a grenade thrown at you during the long ending lag.

Spit out or Swallow?
Either one has its large advantages. Kirby is even better with ‘nades than Snake, and can camp like the best. You can also use them to deal damage and still live after being hit by a KO attack, if you read your opponent correctly. Be careful about shield-dropped ‘nades: if you wait too long, they will slide out of your reach.

Inhale is also good, because it means an instant gimp on Snake if you can get him in your mouth (it counts as a grab, and grabbing his cypher without pummeling it doesn’t give him it back).

If you’re at medium-high %’s, copy grenades. If he’s at medium-high %’s (where an fsmash would knock him far enough for him to need his upb), spit. Whichever you feel more comfortable with, in general.

Also note that Snake can hit you with the first hit of his dair out of a swallow.

What NOT to do: (more to be added later!)
Approach From the Air at High %’s – Snake’s utilt outranges every air approach you have, except maybe final cutter, which is even more easily punished.

Inhale Riskily – Utilt outranges inhale, meaning that you need to be sure you can hit with it before using it.

Stages (in order of priority):
Rainbow Cruise - Snake is unable to camp very effectively and is often forced into the air, a good scenario for you. Expect Snake to ban it.
Jungle Japes – High ceiling negates utilt kills, the water current hates Snake and your Kirbyciding is very effective here. Just be aware that his explosives are harder to see on this stage.
PS1 - Snake in general does poorly on this stage, and you in general do well. There's a chance that both RC and JJ will be banned, and if they are, this is your go-to.

Lylat Cruise - Snake has good stage control and pressuring (grenades work wonders at pressuring, especially on the platforms), but the stage can mess up his recovery and he can be ninja spiked. It's not a great stage to take him to, but it's not that bad if you end up here.
Brinstar - Close sides in all directions allow for extremely low % kills, he has a cg on the bridge and the acid can save him from gimps.
Halberd – Low ceiling and wide blastzones are the exact opposite of what Kirby wants, while Snake can kill easily. Ban it.

Neutrals: Ranked and Explained:

Key:
Blue=Good, Red=Bad.

Yoshi's Island - Snake's least-abusable neutral, and a stage which is arguably one of your better neutrals. You can jump off after inhaling Snake with your face towards the stage for a guaranteed footstool:). Pick it, unless PS1 is neutral.
Smashville - Slightly smaller than FD, but the moving platform allows for moving explosives. Try not to take him here.
Battlefield - Platforms aid camping and it's one of Kirby's worst and Snake's best neutrals.
Final Destination - Game summary: Grenade, Grenade, Nikita, plant mine, Snake-Dash, rinse, repeat. Stage strike it. NOW.

Synopsis:
Snake is like DK in that he has some characteristics (large & heavy) that Kirby likes and some that he dislikes (good camper, powerful killer), but worse overall. It’s hard for Kirby to get in, but once he does, Snake is in for some %’s, but Snake can deal a lot of damage to Kirby before he gets in. It’s an uphill matchup, but it’s still possible.

Major Contributors: Fromundaman, SuSa
I'll work more on that summary after I get some food.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Marth...I'd honestly recommend a secondary. If you don't have any good seconds vs him, choose meta knight, and you could probably do better than with Kirby (I'm serious...). A good Marth outranges Kirby too much to be beatable if he plays it right.
I don't think he asked you so you could tell him to pick a secondary lol. I still think this is one of the over exaggerated match ups on the Kirby boards. Yeah it will probably be tough though. It ends up being one big spacing game. Know when they are likely to use side b, since you don't want to be caught in it. Know when they might use up b to interrupt your strings, get you away, or plain out KO you. Bair is your friend in this match, but don't forget you have other moves too (lots of Kirby's seem to do this :p). As usual grabs help a decent amount, maybe not as much as other match ups. Learn to power shield his attacks like fair when he is in the air, it will give you openings to attack then. That's all I can think of right now. Good luck lol. This match up gets better and better the more experience you have (I'm serious...). A good Marth can be beat by Kirby and can be beatable if you play it right.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Okay, now this just breaks my heart... One of the MUs I've had the LEAST problems with is Marth, and not while I'm using ZSS or anyone else, but with KIRBY! You just have to bait him into doing attacks so you can punish him. It'll give you a bit of damage, but try rushing in with powershields>grabs at the start of the match... Powershield all the fairs and see what the Marths usually follow up with, and try different things. A bit of % later (or a stock or two if you're unlicky) and thanks to you "sandbagging" and analyzing your opponent's basic strategy, now you can use it to your advantage! If he usualle fair>fair>dancing blade when you powershield the bairs, keep your shield button pressed and grab Marth between his 3rd and 4th sideB slashes, or try an utilt/ftilt to knock him away from you, putting him in a defensive position, good enough for you to start zoning with bairs/shields (people fear Kirby's grab game, so using your shield to scare them away might not be as hard as it sounds, at least it isn't for me).

That is just an example of what you can do. The "sandbagging" part is IMPORTANT, you'll find yourself doing that a lot at high levels of play, taking lots of damage (of course not on purpose) in order to make your opponent use his strategy while you're paying attention to that... So then you can punish him if he doesn't have a large set of tools (unlike MK and Snake, Marth is not as hard to predict... Most of his attacks hit at around the same frames, making it very easy to powershield whatever attack he decides to use).

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kewkky, I can honestly say that you are not playing good Marths if you're seriously punishing them.

They can just retreat a Fair, then DB. And there's very little you can do about that.

TrIkZ

Smash Cadet
a short hopped fully spaced bair im sure if he shields you could get hit by a tipped fsmash. He can retreat fair and punish cause of the swords length. not to mention a DB if we get close. we just lose bad.
I would pick a secondary. As for snake. Copy his gernade and get him in the air, don't be so predictable on the grab combos. get him off stage!

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
a short hopped fully spaced bair im sure if he shields you could get hit by a tipped fsmash. He can retreat fair and punish cause of the swords length. not to mention a DB if we get close. we just lose bad.
I would pick a secondary. As for snake. Copy his gernade and get him in the air, don't be so predictable on the grab combos. get him off stage!
Use the guide on the front page to explain a little more on what I could do better not only on Snake, but more overall. Thanks for trying to help anyways:).

TrIkZ

Smash Cadet
Use the guide on the front page to explain a little more on what I could do better not only on Snake, but more overall. Thanks for trying to help anyways:).
I was actually talking about helping out with the marth matchup.
Im sorry but i wasn't critiqing you. I would if you would like me too.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, I can honestly say that you are not playing good Marths if you're seriously punishing them.
A good way of denying help is by telling others they don't know anything if things are going well for a random person, huh.

They can just retreat a Fair, then DB. And there's very little you can do about that.
You can shieldgrab/roll behind Marth between the 3rd and 4th hits. If they retreat a bair, no one is obviously going to run after them, meaning not me either.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ilLboqKMw

^ my most recent match with Kirby

please note:

-This was wifi (I don't have anyone offline to play with atm so it's the best practice got =/ )
- There was constant lag ( Red connection)
- Battlefield is my worst stage
- It's difficult to space online, let alone in lag.

please tell me what im doing right, and what im doing wrong as im going to go to my first tourny with Kirby next month.

(7 ^ ^)7 Thank you!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ilLboqKMw

please tell me what im doing right, and what im doing wrong as im going to go to my first tourny with Kirby next month.

(7 ^ ^)7 Thank you!
I wish you luck in the tourney, SNO! :)

Well, you need to momentum cancel. I never see you bair whenever you're knocked far offstage, just DI. If you bair, you're able to move freely in the air again whenever you're stunned from being knocked offstage, allowing you to DI faster, fastfall, and literally lets you live longer.

At a couple of points in the video, you were right next to your opponent while they were at low %s, and you decided to do stuff, but no grabs. Like at the beginning, the first 14% you do to bowser is from a dsmash when you were right on top of him, perfect distance to grab. In the end, the grab combos (if the lag is too much, dthrow > utilt) will do more damage.

I loved the kirbicide. I mentally clapped in joy. :p

Try not to use smashes when your opponent is not gonna be killed. Save them for when they're at dangerous %s, so you can hit them with the most fresh fsmash you can have. Use quick attacks with good range to rack up damage... I know online there's too much lag to actually combo anything at times, so I won't say "More combos please".

To further give you pointers, I'm really gonna need you to give me offline matches, since online the lag affects your gameplay too much, even more with red connections. Try bringing your Wii to the tourney as an extra setup, and saving all your matches on it, even your losses... They'll be for a good cause, your improvement!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I wish you luck in the tourney, SNO! :)

Well, you need to momentum cancel. I never see you bair whenever you're knocked far offstage, just DI. If you bair, you're able to move freely in the air again whenever you're stunned from being knocked offstage, allowing you to DI faster, fastfall, and literally lets you live longer.

At a couple of points in the video, you were right next to your opponent while they were at low %s, and you decided to do stuff, but no grabs. Like at the beginning, the first 14% you do to bowser is from a dsmash when you were right on top of him, perfect distance to grab. In the end, the grab combos (if the lag is too much, dthrow > utilt) will do more damage.

I loved the kirbicide. I mentally clapped in joy. :p

Try not to use smashes when your opponent is not gonna be killed. Save them for when they're at dangerous %s, so you can hit them with the most fresh fsmash you can have. Use quick attacks with good range to rack up damage... I know online there's too much lag to actually combo anything at times, so I won't say "More combos please".

To further give you pointers, I'm really gonna need you to give me offline matches, since online the lag affects your gameplay too much, even more with red connections. Try bringing your Wii to the tourney as an extra setup, and saving all your matches on it, even your losses... They'll be for a good cause, your improvement!
when DI'ing is it better to use d-air or b-air? Because if l know im at risk of being killed, I d-air. If I know it's not going to kill me, some times I don't DI with an aerial (READ: Lazy)

About the Wii thing, I was thinking about that... but my Wii is kinda broke and only works for 30 -50 mins at a time and then requires to be completely unplugged from the power for at least 20 mins because I dropped and broke the internal fan. :( I was thinking of bringing my SD card and see if I can mod someone's Wii (It has the homebrew installer on it) or hope to play on a hacked wii to get replays.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
when DI'ing is it better to use d-air or b-air? Because if l know im at risk of being killed, I d-air. If I know it's not going to kill me, some times I don't DI with an aerial (READ: Lazy)
Bair is the better choice for horizontal knockback. But if you're going vertical, dair is an OK momentum canceller. I know it seems like a lot of work remembering this stuff in the heat of a match, but with enough practice, it becomes second-nature and you won't even be able to control yourself and momentum cancel automatically.

... Well, guess hacking another Wii's the way to go, then. o_o

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Actually, as long as you fastfall the aerial, you'll be okay. I usually just dair because down C auto fastfalls dair, but technically fastfall bair is Kirby's best momentum canceling aerial because you regain control faster.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Actually, as long as you fastfall the aerial, you'll be okay. I usually just dair because down C auto fastfalls dair, but technically fastfall bair is Kirby's best momentum canceling aerial because you regain control faster.
But when going vertical it doesn't really matter if you regain horizontal control, just vertical. C-stick down is a pretty easy way to fastfall as soon as possible.

I myself bair because I got accustomed to horizontal momentum cancelling, and it's pretty much the same thing since I fastfall, which is what you want so you can fight against vertical momentum.

TrIkZ

Smash Cadet
I would like advice with kirby. I have just picked him up as a main and I wanted a few pointers.Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pfQ0mwW8tQ
I think you know your grab combos sense thats all you were trying to do your 1st stock.
way to many dairs, replace them with bairs and you need to shield grab
That would of helped against this match. You need to work shielding and don't just dair fsmash thats all i saw you do basically. Tilts are good they come out fast and have pretty decent range throw in a few random hammers those always suprise people. you shouldn't of just plain out went for a grab thats pretty obvious and doesn't really work alot of the time.
If you didn't know the grab combos there are

Dgrab > utilit at lower %'s
Fgrab >uair>fgrab>uair>fsmash for heavy weights and fast fallers
Fgrab>uair>turnaroundutilt>bair. Medium weight

any one of these are good. and at higher percents mix up your grabs and don't forget to pummel.

You could also try approaching with fair

ViletheJoker!

Smash Rookie
I think you know your grab combos sense thats all you were trying to do your 1st stock.
way to many dairs, replace them with bairs and you need to shield grab
That would of helped against this match. You need to work shielding and don't just dair fsmash thats all i saw you do basically. Tilts are good they come out fast and have pretty decent range throw in a few random hammers those always suprise people. you shouldn't of just plain out went for a grab thats pretty obvious and doesn't really work alot of the time.
If you didn't know the grab combos there are

Dgrab > utilit at lower %'s
Fgrab >uair>fgrab>uair>fsmash for heavy weights and fast fallers
Fgrab>uair>turnaroundutilt>bair. Medium weight

any one of these are good. and at higher percents mix up your grabs and don't forget to pummel.

You could also try approaching with fair
Thank you for the advice. It was good advice and I watched the video again and I saw what you ment so I will work on it Thank you for your time I apriciated it.:laugh:

TrIkZ

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the advice. It was good advice and I watched the video again and I saw what you ment so I will work on it Thank you for your time I apriciated it.:laugh:
Glad i could help im not saying what you do is bad, its just try to approach differently and remember its your playing style. im just giving advice.

KeroKai

Smash Rookie
Hey all. I'd like some comments on my Kirby. He's been my main for a long time but I haven't really gotten down the advance techniques such as chain grab combo-ing. I've mostly been practicing against level 8 and 9 CPUs because there isn't anybody around me at the moment till I head back to university.

Is it pointless to critique CPU battes? Let me know. :embarrass

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
IMO, CPUs are only good for getting the basics down. They actually help you learn how to "read" your opponent. While their actions are easy to read and humans more difficult, it is at least something to grow from. We all played CPUs once. Hell, I still do.

Personally, I wouldn't critique a CPU match. The match is completely different from actual human matches. So you'll need one of those. ; )

KeroKai

Smash Rookie
Hm... In that case I could use my brother but he's weaker than a level 6 CPU so... Ahem. How to look for a lagless match somewhere. I've been trying to pull off the F-throw > U-Air > F-throw but often find the opponent getting out of the combo.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
KeroKai, go to allisbrawl.com (get an account if you don't have one), click on "chat", go to the free chat and ask for someone in your region (time zone). You can also join the allisbrawl ladder for competitive matches (the people doing the allisbrawl ladder will probably be better than the ones in the free chat). It's wifi, but it's better than cpus. Also try to go to some offline tourneys. You get good experience vs real people, and become friends with new people, who you'll be able to brawl. It'll probably be tough at first, but you'll quickly get better. :)

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
So, like, apparently I have vids up. O.O

They've been up for two months. And Tudios never told me. XD

Thrilla (Kirby) vs. Tudios (Snake) 1

Thrilla (Kirby) vs. Tudios (Snake) 2 Note: I'm pretty sure this is t1mmy and not me, but he has it listed as me, so meh.

Thrilla (Kirby) vs. Tudios (Sonic) 1

Thrilla (Kirby) vs. Tudios (Sonic) 2

Thrilla (Kirby) vs. Tudios (Luigi)

Keep in mind that these are REALLY OLD and I've gotten much better since then (not to mention I actually have some idea of how to play the MUs), but I figured I'd post them for teh lols. Let me know what you think. :)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Another one this time its versus wolf.

high quailty so u can see THE SCREEN GLARE better
lots of glare. :laugh:

anyway it's a pretty solid match, I second kirby but this is pretty good.

You flounder when he gets to close, so try to keep a level head with that, otherwise nothing wrong here.

For kirby specifics I'd refer to someone who's not a jigglypuff. But since my home thread is in shambles, I come here now too. :laugh:

Sweet hammer kill.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Another one this time its versus wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rgJ1CSqYfc&feature=channel

high quailty so u can see better
Generally...

* Use less final cutter while in the middle of the stage. Opponents avoid these the vast majority of the time due to how slow it is.
* Use less stone, and get out of stone quickly if you miss. It's a slow attack as well, and opponents will either grab you for it, or charge a powerful fsmash for when you get out of it (DDD's fsmash, Snake's fsmash, Ike's fsmash, etc).
* Use less inhale on-stage. Offstage, the move is a great gimping tool. On-stage, it's only really useful in a few MUs as a damage racker AND to take your opponents' power. Try to not use it a lot and depend more on Kirby's "A" attacks.
* Apply more bairs into your game. It's Kirby's signature move for a reason! Great for literally almost every situation, it even kills when properly used, as well as combos into many different options.
* Learn your opponents' traits. Wolf, for example, is a fast-falling character. You can utilt him until he's ~30%, then bair him offstage for a total of ~40%.

That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom