• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

A-Laon

Smash Master
I thought you were into pain ;)
You remembered. /purr

Hey -- new to Pittsburgh's melee scene -- you guys want to smash Tuesday or Wed night?
Most smashing occurs on Friday, but pretty much everything is makeshift over the summer with the Duquesne Nitespot, our usual location, closed.

So really this post didn't help you at all.

Go me.

Even at marth dittos
Incorrect.

Marth dittos are won by sidesmashing until the tippers happen.

YOU READY NICK!?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Awesome. :)

I used to smash at Georgetown Uni in Washington DC. I was pretty good in terms of Melee there. I'm kicking myself that I never went to any of Chudat's Biweeklies when I had the chance!

Are you guys mostly uni students?
Took me...I don't know far to long to realize uni=university. Yes for the most part we are of or around that age. A few of us just recently graduated, while others attend or plan to attend college.

Whereabouts do you live in the Pittsburgh area? Are you attending a school around here?
And A-loan spoke da truff, usually we play at Duquesne University every Friday when school is in session. But for the summer smash is pretty random.

takieddine

Smash Master
Smashing tomorrow at Evan's house? Still hasnt confirmed but we're gonna smash for sure tomorrow.

I'll be bringing the oakland guy "badme"

Jacob you're welcome to swing by, call me.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
theres a wifi trading place in 4th gen pokemon games and i traded some guy a munchlax for a kadabra, after i got the kadabra wich evolved into an alakazam i noticed it was shiney, right nature, and ev trained.

lucky me

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i was joking to swag about asking for housing. i lol'd at his answer though.

NC'S CAR IS FULL. 3 BRAWLERS. 2 MELEE. ALL BLACK. Greensboro NC goin in on this tourney.

And we would all be very thankful for a place to rest in the late night hours of friday night before this AWESOME tourney. While I understand hotels are nearby, I would like both the experience of getting to know/play you guys more by being housed and the money saved after driving for 7+ hours to the area.

i'd really like to have this figured out sooner rather than later...

A-Laon

Smash Master
My mom said that you guys can stay at our house for Friday night
And what did she say about me?

EDIT: I just thought of a vastly superior means of wording the above joke but it is now too late to edit it in without the completely trivializing "Last edited" message at the bottom of my post.

This was a failure.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
YAY we appreciate it. *super happy dance*

and now if we want, we can practice some fox/ganon vs sheik/falco.

or we could sleep.

see ya in a week and change.

YEEEEAAAAAHHHH HOPE 3333333

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 92 Atk / 8 Def / 184 SAtk / 12 SDef / 204 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 180 HP / 108 Atk / 72 Def / 56 SAtk / 28 SDef / 64 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 44 Atk / 24 Def / 28 SAtk / 180 SDef / 28 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
- Rapid Spin

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 68 HP / 160 Atk / 68 Def / 68 SAtk / 68 SDef / 68 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Alakazam (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 100 HP / 84 Atk / 64 Def / 68 SAtk / 60 SDef / 128 Spd
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 8 HP / 92 Atk / 8 Def / 184 SAtk / 12 SDef / 204 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 180 HP / 108 Atk / 72 Def / 56 SAtk / 28 SDef / 64 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 44 Atk / 24 Def / 28 SAtk / 180 SDef / 28 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
- Rapid Spin

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 68 HP / 160 Atk / 68 Def / 68 SAtk / 68 SDef / 68 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Alakazam (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 100 HP / 84 Atk / 64 Def / 68 SAtk / 60 SDef / 128 Spd
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
-Why is there SpA on Lucario when it is an all physical set?
-3 Fighting moves, 2 on Special Attackers. Redundancy sucks.
-Alakazam should be something else, like a Dragon type uhh SpecsMence would be good. You want to capitalize on the fact that your special wall lol's at most pokemon running Ice Beam so he has more opportunities to drop spikes. Originally I was going to say drop Gengar, but he is your spin blocker on a team running 2 sets of spikes damage. This comment really only applies if you run a 2 tank setup.
-Focus Sash on that Lucario doesn't seem to make sense since his coverage is pretty bad. Run Life Orb instead.
-Gengar needs HP Fire, Hypnosis should be cut. You have no Fire coverage. There is no answer for Skarmory if you are playing 4th Gen that is a huge problem. Or run Infernape over Alakazam...that could work but then again you have no Physical wall...
-That Swampert is straight up bad...words can't ever describe.
-Tentacruel's EVs are ****ed. Should be 252hp/120Def/136SpD . Might want to consider HP Electric for the coverage.
-Lucario's nature should be Adamant.
-Azelf's EVs are **** too. 4Hp/252SpA/252Spe for the lead, you can't run the risk of him being slower than Sneasel leads. He should also probably run Fire Blast over Psychic. Unless of course you address that issue elsewhere, because Psychic covers more leads in terms of neutral effectiveness and gets STAB.

Adding SpecsMence over Alakazam helps this team alot since it gives it a more defined strategy, to break ****. Tentacruel seems out of place too, he's playing a support role on a team that seems to have a strategy of going all aggro.

It's important to have a strategy in mind when making a team, you can't just put 6 pokemon together and hope it works out. You need to ask yourself how you want the team to play. With 2 substitutions this team could be a standard 2 tank setup or an aggro setup. I like going towards the aggro setup, so I suggest adding SpecsMence for Alakazam, and probably CB Metagross for Tentacruel.

Top Bottom