• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

AprilShaw

aka Logan
And what did she say about me?

EDIT: I just thought of a vastly superior means of wording the above joke but it is now too late to edit it in without the completely trivializing "Last edited" message at the bottom of my post.

This was a failure.
lol you're so lame

<3

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
i think dragonite or flygon ( because of convenience ) would be better than alakazam, but i will probley not do that because of my love for alakazam. i agree about dumping swampert but idk what to turn to. i also dont know if a sub punch breloom would add together with the rest of my team. i like my focus sash on lucario because my lucario ALWAYS gets one shot and it lets me get out a swords dance. the focus sash has actualy got me a couple sweeps online. keep in mind that i barely/have no idea what im talking about and im trying to find advice.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
i think dragonite or flygon ( because of convenience ) would be better than alakazam, but i will probley not do that because of my love for alakazam. i agree about dumping swampert but idk what to turn to. i also dont know if a sub punch breloom would add together with the rest of my team. i like my focus sash on lucario because my lucario ALWAYS gets one shot and it lets me get out a swords dance. the focus sash has actualy got me a couple sweeps online. keep in mind that i barely/have no idea what im talking about and im trying to find advice.
No I was saying your set and EVs on Swampert are terrible, Swampert himself is solid on the team with the right set I'd suggest Mixpert. So I just realized that Salamence got moved to Ubers when I went to look up his moveset for the Specs Set. Disregard what I said previously about him, Dragonite is a fine alternative for a physical dragon. Life Orb>Sash on Lucario. I don't understand how Focus Sash helps you sweep with Lucario, if anything the 1.3x damage from Orb would be more helpful. You want to setup on a switch in, not hope to eat an attack to setup because most of the time your Lucario will get revenge killed by pretty much anything. Also with the high volume of secondary damage, Sash is pretty much **** unless it's on a lead. Lucario is fragile, which is why I really don't like him at all, but I have seen people play him well. You just have to play with the mindset of needing to get a good switch in for him to get off 1 swords dance late in the game. The reason he dies so often is likely because you bring him out way to early because you don't have any other attacker options. This is why I recommended dropping Alakazam for a dragon (Dragonite) and Tentacruel for a more powerful Specs special attacker like Heatran or a little more defensive with Bronzong. That way you have those two to whittle down the opposing team and open up the hole that Lucario needs to setup and sweep with that set.

Two options I see based on my suggestions are:

Mixed Dragonite + a duel tank like Bronzong

or

CB Dragonite + Specs Heatran

The bottom line is Alakazam and Tentacruel likely don't have a legitimate spot on that team, and a couple of the pokemon need to be adjusted accordingly depending on what you switch in.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
right now my dragonite is
~ earthquake
~fire punch
~dragondance
~out rage
with life orb

this is what im thinking about making it
dragonite: Choice Band Adamant / Jolly
Moveset EVs
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake / Fire Punch
~ Dragon Claw / Superpower
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
right now my dragonite is
~ earthquake
~fire punch
~dragondance
~out rage
with life orb

this is what im thinking about making it
dragonite: Choice Band Adamant / Jolly
Moveset EVs
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake / Fire Punch
~ Dragon Claw / Superpower
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
If you are asking me to comment on the fact that you copy pasted the attack moveset for CB Dragonite from Smogon I don't have much to say. Those sets and EV spreads on that website are the product of rigorous discussion and debates, therefore, they are the best sets/options for each Pokemon. I'd go with Superpower>Dragon Claw and EQ over Fire Punch for sheer strength. If you run Heatran or a Specs Pokemon who can use Fire Blast or Flamethrower that is where you will get the Dragonite counter help. I dislike most set that run 2 of the same type move as I always found myself using the more powerful move in every situation.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, how do you feel about the lag on the LCD's at the nitespot? Is it there? Do you have to make adjustments for it even if you're playing on 480p? I don't remember ever having to make any adjustments, but I play Peach so maybe my judgment isn't the most discriminating.

I'm offering to host the San Diego smash weekly at my apartment this week since the usual venue is off limits. The problem is that my two tv's are both LCD's and the San Diego guys are remarkably tunnel-visioned against using LCD's. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12912873#post12912873

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I tried telling them that, but there's a lot of "oh I see he typed 'LCD' so I'm going to completely put him on blast and not actually read the rest of his post. LCD's ruin my competitiveness, CRT or GTFO"
Ok that might be an exaggeration of what they're actually saying, but that's what it feels like to me.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
If anyone from Pitt is going to Genesis, maybe you can show these guys up.

Side Note: I finally got my signature fixed. The image name was "HeyDlck.jpg" (with an i not an l) and was getting censored. And then my url www.****chang.com was getting censored too.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
LCD TVs are not bad at all if you have component cables and you enable progressive scan when starting up the game. I haven't noticed any lag when we do it at the nitespot. There is one TV that still has some lag, but the two we usually use were perfect.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'm just overly lag-cautious because of a recent Smashfest I went to where we played on a laggy TV. I was most severely affected by this because of the characters that I play, and lost matches to people who couldn't feel the difference.

Smash is good.

Lag is bad.

Brawl is worse.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
new team:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 92 Atk / 8 Def / 184 SAtk / 12 SDef / 204 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 180 HP / 108 Atk / 72 Def / 56 SAtk / 28 SDef / 64 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Low Kick

Alakazam (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
at least it's not brawl...

well at least the kids like 14. gotta have some perspective.

swag, we should fox tech skill ditto more. unless you actually like falco more.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Oh, and post wherever today's Smash is soon, guys.

I want Fawx dittos.

It's not delivery, it's Da Shuffla.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll be there. Should be fun.

Just got back from the courts.

I used the "play by yourself" glitch.

MELEE!

Top Bottom