• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

D

Deleted member

I'm ****ing done with this game. Every ****ing time we play smash is always ****ing Naka or Taki or someone who just ****ing run the rotation and nobody besides them get to play. And I just get so ****ing frustrated to the point where I just can't even focus to play one game. It's so stupid. The player who's in control of the rotation is playing every turn against players who can't get in any sort of rhythm because they have to sit out for two turns just to lose again. And it's only me who ever complains or brings it up. So I look like some ****ing scrub who's bad and just wants to play. But in the real. I'm sitting outside on my porch as Naka and stro play because i can't ****ing take it. And their in my room so I can't do anything till they're done.
Literally the worst ****ing feeling when people come over to smash and that what everyone's doing. And you can't play because your frustrated and can't focus because you suck. I may have played like 15 games compared to nakas 100. Must be ****ing nice.
There's a few solutions to this. I usually recommend FFA or teams because you have the fewest amount of people sitting, but it also forces you to have better control of your character. Yes you can get randomly killed by 3 people and "that's gay" but it also gives you the best situational positioning experience by forcing you to constantly attack/defend from the right angle, which changes literally every second. If you want to get better the fastest as a group, you would just play FFAs and just accept random deaths as a byproduct of faster improvement. If anything, they're funny and you get more laughs from playing.

Some people are too butthurt to accept multiplayer. While this is really awful and a horrible handicap to improvement, you can still get a more balanced rotation with winner out instead of loser out and do sets. You guys should also actively give each other ideas and advice mid-match, which is the biggest asset to even having a support group to begin with. It's not "coaching"- coaching happens in tournaments, for you guys it's just a strict tactical advantage. I sat on your stream twice and even I gave advice (I'm super conservative with my honest advice because I know it's good) and I didn't hear anyone in your entire group offering suggestions. Like, why the **** not? You guys should really be doing lots of FFAs and constantly helping each other.

That's also why I hate playing chris btw. It's not about winning/losing, it's that I don't want to have to play around dashdance camping for 6 minutes. I can do it but it's not fun and it's not worth the frustration, and when the match is over I've learned nothing regardless of the outcome.

Normally I recommend people to take a break from the game when they've hit a plateau. You actually look much better lately, you should press that momentum as much as possible. You guys just have a really ****ty play dynamic that discourages group improvement. But yeah keep playing, you're getting the right idea. Taking a break right now would be a bad idea for you.

D20

Smash Lord
Some people are too butthurt to accept multiplayer. While this is really awful and a horrible handicap to improvement, you can still get a more balanced rotation with winner out instead of loser out and do sets. You guys should also actively give each other ideas and advice mid-match, which is the biggest asset to even having a support group to begin with. It's not "coaching"- coaching happens in tournaments, for you guys it's just a strict tactical advantage. I sat on your stream twice and even I gave advice (I'm super conservative with my honest advice because I know it's good) and I didn't hear anyone in your entire group offering suggestions. Like, why the **** not?

Normally I recommend people to take a break from the game when they've hit a plateau. You actually look much better lately, you should press that momentum as much as possible. You guys just have a really ****ty play dynamic that discourages group improvement. But yeah keep playing, you're getting the right idea. Taking a break right now would be a bad idea for you.
This is how we got better and became friends in the first place. Somewhere along the line we (and I'm using "we" liberally) lost the team mentality. This is partially the reason why I no longer go out of my way to play Melee. IT'S A STUPID ****ING GAME THAT IS MEANT TO BE ENTERTAINING AND FUN!!!

<3

Nakamaru

Smash Master
That's also why I hate playing chris btw. It's not about winning/losing, it's that I don't want to have to play around dashdance camping for 6 minutes. I can do it but it's not fun and it's not worth the frustration, and when the match is over I've learned nothing regardless of the outcome.
You haven't played me in over two years so where are you getting this campy nonsense. I know you don't like playing me, but you don't have to belittle my play style just to make a point. You constantly insult me and I'm starting to get really tired of it.

D

Deleted member

You haven't played me in over two years so where are you getting this campy nonsense. I know you don't like playing me, but you don't have to belittle my play style just to make a point. You constantly insult me and I'm starting to get really tired of it.
I haven't played you for 2 years intentionally. I've even played renth, cape, velocity, cactuar, chibo, even the other ****ing pittsburgh guys in the last year and the entire pittsburgh crew hates my ***. I'm not belittling how you play, I just don't like it. And apparently other people don't like it either, pretty much all of the old school PA players have said the same thing somewhere in the last 4 years before they quit too. It's just not conducive to fun, making money, or improvement. But those the only reasons to play this game.

I think you're chill to hang with outside of smash doing pretty much anything else but you couldn't pay me to press buttons with you.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the Deep Big Blue.

I think every stage should be legal in tourney

Renth

Smash Hero
F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the Deep Big Blue.

I think every stage should be legal in tourney
I agree mostly.. there are some obvious things that could go away like brinstar depths lol. I do however very much want Mute City and Brinstar back.

Figure out why you're having such a hard time vs. taki or naka. Read their patterns and understand it's probably a over abundance of rolling or predictable tech choices are your part that gives them the edge in the matches. Study Study StudY!!

Anyone can beat anyone provided the right amount of patience.

I haven't played you for 2 years intentionally. I've even played renth, cape, velocity, cactuar, chibo, even the other ****ing pittsburgh guys in the last year and the entire pittsburgh crew hates my ***. I'm not belittling how you play, I just don't like it. And apparently other people don't like it either, pretty much all of the old school PA players have said the same thing somewhere in the last 4 years before they quit too. It's just not conducive to fun, making money, or improvement. But those the only reasons to play this game.

I think you're chill to hang with outside of smash doing pretty much anything else but you couldn't pay me to press buttons with you.
Playing against you makes me want to hit my head off a wall Max. Difference is I love you and I make it fun with constant jokes about how horrible my character is (as i'm getting wrecked by a roy) :p

I usually don't complain about playing against anyone unless they literally do nothing but pick shiek grab down throw the entire time. At which point I either move to the next friendly station or play my half *** falco.

edit: I really only play smash in Florida, considering me a PA player at this point is silly. Though I still happily call myself part of team loss and love the scene there.

TheLake

Smash Master
W

T

F!?

Ok first off nick ma doo, your rage is your greatest weakness and your strength. I dont know if you realize how much better you play when your just messing around. Your style of play is like a playful little puppy that has rabies that just wants to bite people all the time. But any smart person is just gonna wait for the little ******* to die and call it a day. You need to understand why you are losing. Are you being punished for every get up attack in the world? Do you recover the same way? Do you attack from the ledge? From there you need to set better goals for winning. "I want to double shine someone" is groovy and all but trying to get that one tech is just gonna lead you to ruin and frustration if you don't get it.
So spare yourself the pain and make your goals more efficient. Think about the loss and don't worry about getting the win. Start from there. Then once you fill the holes the win will come. Then swap mentalities. "OK how do I win again?". This is a big hurdle for a lot of smashers. Consistency differs for very player but its very important to competitive melee. If that isn't your cup of tea then suggest snow ball fights or item free for alls. Pittsburgh isn't shy from ****ing around for an hour or two especially if that means you get some time to calm down if you need it (ESPECIALLY if its in your own home...CALL DEM SHOTS). Or just start trash talking more. Even if you lose as long as you hurt everyone's feelings for playing the game they love... that's the only TRUE victory one can have :D. Ill see you in brawl grand finals at next tekko as long as loki is sick and jacob is in a coma.

Next, sooo chris is dash camping your zelda, fox or whatever....Ummm isn't that what falcon is supposed to do? Like do you want him to play like a moron so you can feel good about your self? Dont you want people to play like a jerk to win? Isnt that the highest respect you can recieve in this game other than being timed out? I missed something here but allow me to shed some light...

Maybe...juuuuuuuuust maybe hes getting away with all this dash camping because you ONLY PLAY FINAL DESTINATION! Or when falcon inevitably HAS to approach (he has no ranged attack...except falcon punch but that's an entirely other debate in that of itself that i would rather save for another time such as never) so go to a stage with platforms and camp his black ***. The only reason why anyone would hate playing naka is because his punishes make you look like a total moron and his overwelmingly manly *insert character* gets up in your grill and never leaves. I would know better than anybody. I have been falcon punched to falcon punched to falcon punched to falcon punched off the top of brinster while Chris was in the lava the whole time. I was like "Wow that was not only dumb and horrible, but it was so cool that I cant tell him that or else he might be encouraged to do it again". Nothing brings me more joy in teams then seeing someone else suffer the same fate. Suck it up and learn how to beat it. Dont stop playing someone because you hate their style then offer to give someone else advice. Like ask in a thread "How do i make the big bad mr. falcon stop falcon punching me mommy?" and im sure someone will come hither. I believe in you max. Zelda pride <3

This next part goes out to EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. I have lost more matches in this game then everyone in this thread put together. Dont you dare try to make people change their style or belittle what they do because of your own insecurities and iggnorance to the game. Everyone loses. Its ok to lose. Just figure out why. Its all gravy. There needs to be a thread with a whole list of questions to ask yourself on what to think about when improving.

Pittsburgh dont be afraid to ask for help. If you want to get better at this game ASK STUFF! If you dont then dont complain. Put your pride on the table and we will help you the best we can. We are a family after all.

**** twilight

**** taki

hi renth :D

hate hate hate

ill see you guys at church.

takieddine

Smash Master
**** taki
so uncalled for....i'm ragin'

But on a serious note, chris has the LEAST gay style of anyone i've ever played, i'm usually only mad when i get ***** because its so distracting to watch the combos and not DI...(John john john john)

<3 everyone, mad homo, big ol' ****.

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Vudujin

Smash Lord
When high tiers play defensively it's pretty scary. I'd hardly call Chris's Falcon defensive, and I still mess myself when he lands a nair. Case & point: He could play a lot more defensively. I noticed most of the older players are the ones who tear down the idea of playing on the D since they're used to the O, but it's just the evolution of the meta. I can guarantee that in a few years that the popularity contest that is the tier list will be a lil different because of the rise in mid-tiers and D-play, and the new "gay" will be something that counters the style. It's time for a paradigm shift. What makes this game fun is respecting everyone you play.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sounds like pittsburgh needs a healthy dosage of flashy ganon.

and maybe a little bit of up and coming sheik.

it's a shame your tournament is the day before easter -_-

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I use the buddy system to counter it. I WD in close enough to not get hit, and then go for no-throw grabs to get cuddly bear as a bonus. . . . IN TOUNRAMENT.

Meta's got nothing on cuddly bear.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
-applause- Aaron wins life.

And I'll try not to get sick for next Tekko :p though, getting an artist alley table would get in the way I imagine

:phone:

Renth

Smash Hero
I got a chance to play some better players in orlando last week, it seems todays meta game is literally do not approach, do not ever approach, if you approach you lose. -.-

Vyke

Smash Champion
I got a chance to play some better players in orlando last week, it seems todays meta game is literally do not approach, do not ever approach, if you approach you lose. -.-
I think it just took Smash awhile to adopt this playstyle, considering all the other traditional fighters.

Vyke

Smash Champion
How the hell do you change your username?! I've been trying to figure this out for weeks (and by that I mean wondering, not actively trying to figure it out.)

Ambix

Smash Ace
[QUOTE="TheLake] Like do you want him to play like a moron so you can feel good about your self? Dont you want people to play like a jerk to win? Isnt that the highest respect you can recieve in this game other than being timed out?[/QUOTE]

The next time i see you i'm going to respect you right in to oblivion.

The only reason why anyone would hate playing naka is because his punishes make you look like a total moron and his overwelmingly manly *insert character* gets up in your grill and never leaves.
I hate playing naka because I hate naka.

He never acknowledges my subtle sexual advances.

I always assumed he was just shy....but now i know the TRUTH.

This next part goes out to EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. I have lost more matches in this game then everyone in this thread put together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvX7PVvPVw0

I will wager 50 bucks that i can lose more matches to you than you can lose to me in an evening.

EDIT:

the young swag has informed me of some sort of tournament this weekend.

Might I acquire more information from somebody?

Location, date, drivers?

EDIT 2: rob i want my gods-be-damned controller back.

Top Bottom