• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Could do 3 man rotation, best of 3. People learn more about momentum and counterpicking and stuff. And it gives you time to go get something to eat or talk to people when you're out

:phone:

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I hate when people talk all super properly and ish when I'm talking with them. It's alright with forums/message boards but with IMs it makes people seem all like, pompous and condescending, especially when they don't use emotes >:(. Had someone in League do it, and I said it bugged me, and they were like "Why? Because you can't [type properly]?" and I was like "see! it does make people sound angry". I'm convinced that there's a hidden group of angry people who seek to show everyone how angry they are by speaking (or typing) out of the normal formality level for w/e it is that they're doing :p

/rant

Edit to disable smilies because they ruined my angry face

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
i hate when people talk all super properly and ish when i'm talking with them. It's alright with forums/message boards but with ims it makes people seem all like, pompous and condescending, especially when they don't use emotes >:(. Had someone in league do it, and i said it bugged me, and they were like "why? Because you can't [type properly]?" and i was like "see! It does make people sound angry". I'm convinced that there's a hidden group of angry people who seek to show everyone how angry they are by speaking (or typing) out of the normal formality level for w/e it is that they're doing :p

/rant

edit to disable smilies because they ruined my angry face
this is why i type in all caps and use massive numbers of angry faces, so everyone knows just how ****ing furious i really am!

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

edit (in all caps, for the rage): Lakfdsjflhdsafkljsdklafdjsflkadjfldksfamdslfajdsklfalkfmd. I hate automatic smileys messing up my posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when the above post should have warned me about them!

PPS: WTF. SWF KEEPS UNCAPPING MY POST.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
this is why i type in all caps and use massive numbers of angry faces, so everyone knows just how ****ing furious i really am!

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

edit (in all caps, for the rage): Lakfdsjflhdsafkljsdklafdjsflkadjfldksfamdslfajdsklfalkfmd. I hate automatic smileys messing up my posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when the above post should have warned me about them!

PPS: WTF. SWF KEEPS UNCAPPING MY POST.
http://3.asset.soup.io/asset/1529/1235_ec6c.gif

gouda

Smash Journeyman
I can sympathize/empathize with all parties about the whole ragin cajun thing bout loser out. I has suggestion!

Why not pretend that a setup is a pool in a tournament? It makes sense in my head at least.

Round robin between 4 players, standard BoT rule set, and just start over when the pool would be "finished" that way everyone at the set up plays everyone equally. Plus it,s good tournament practice.

Thoughts?

Miss ya guys

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
That's cool, I guess. Although, I ran a 3 person, 3-game rotation tonight. That worked pretty well.

I think the key to getting more practice is to having more setups. I'll start consistently bringing my Cube on the weeks I am there. It should help out a little bit.

Also, I think the internet should refuse to post things that aren't within a certain range of grammatical error. I recently read a Youtube comment that I couldn't decipher for the life of me.

Smash is awesome.

Vyke

Smash Champion
its hard to take a break from this game when its all you got :/

i hope they have another brawl tourney at tecko tomorrow your boy is getting 1st this time around. get at me lokii
Pick another hobby to get into yo. You have the internet

anything is possible wit it

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Anyone gonna be at the Michigan tournament tomorrow hosted by tech chase (Phoenix saga 3)

I'm in Cleveland....but I'm looking for a ride for my friend and me since my dad decided after getting my hopes up and saying 'okay!!!' for a week that he would suddenly say no at 1am
I know that Cleveland, specifically cities near my actual suburb, are right on the way to Ann arbor
If anyone at all is going and they have extra car spots, lemme know by shooting me a text (440-725-0079)

:phone:

takieddine

Smash Master
Abate ruining your fast alan...unless you were smart enough to block images from imgur.

I'll be at tekko this afternoon, lets get to CAJUN and RAGIN....

Also 3-person rotation, you play 3 games in a round-robin fashion, everyone gets to play everyone else, and you have enough time to build "momentum". was pretty good.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's good because it gives you a chance to try out new tactics, and even different characters without fear of "wasting your turn." Lots of opportunities to get creative.

jbro

Smash Ace
The "pool rotation" sounds cool actually. Especially because then even if you're not winning a bunch you get to play everyone instead of just the person that keeps beating you.

ALSO. Bros 4 lyfe and beautiful biddys: my band's playing a FREE show at The Underground at CMU this coming Saturday (March 31st). So come down. Again, it's free. No money johns.
I know a few of you go to CMU/Pitt so you'll be in the area.
The rest of you: find a way down.

inb4 jokes about my band/me being free

A-Laon

Smash Master
Winning is a pretty good reward for winning.

We've adopted a much wider breadth of players since the days of old when most of us were roughly equal and were all trying to improve. A system that punishes the less-experienced by denying them the opportunity to gain experience simply doesn't work at all.

3 person round robin is the biz. It's much better having 3 people who all get to play each other than having 3 people who all get to lose to #4.

Top Bottom