• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Vudujin

Smash Lord
My smash career started when I met Aaron Von Beilstein back in 2001. He knew EVERYTHING about that game. EVERYTHIING!!!!!! I asked him to play at his place and he didn't even have the damn game. So we played at my house. We started playing tourneys in 2005. Fun Fact: I used to get angry at this game. . . . . . .like. . . . really really REALLY angry. You should've seen that trash can. I demolished it with my feet. AND that's how Aaron and I started Butler smash.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Boy I love this game.

But anyway. Since it would make sense to not have two cars of 2 peeps going. Why doesn't Taki Ambix and Johny all go with ROH?

And Jacob since Johnny's not in our car you can pick me up when ever!

:phone:

takieddine

Smash Master
My smash career started when I met Aaron Von Beilstein back in 2001. He knew EVERYTHING about that game. EVERYTHIING!!!!!! I asked him to play at his place and he didn't even have the damn game. So we played at my house. We started playing tourneys in 2005. Fun Fact: I used to get angry at this game. . . . . . .like. . . . really really REALLY angry. You should've seen that trash can. I demolished it with my feet. AND that's how Aaron and I started Butler smash.
and then we played every weekend for an entire summer....goood times.

RoH get ahold of me if you want to combine our carpool together.

412 527 8839. I dont think we really need 3 non-full cars going...lets fill 2 instead.

For anyone being emo about this game, I suggest you watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lljog39Ta0c&feature=related

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Just in case you didn't hear.

Johny got 9th
He beat OTG then Jacob, lost a really close set with azen. Beat spawn, beat redd, lost to teczero.

Ambix beat pacman then lost to chillindude. Beat G$ then lost to niko.

Lake lost to jman then beat mofo
And then lost to over triforce

Naka lost to tec zero and then forfitted. (had to leave)

Jacob beat some kid, lost to Johny then sandbagged and lost against zsoso(?) (had to leave)

I didn't make it out of pools. My pool was mango, swift, Johny, 2marths and a falco. I went all fox. Although i did take friendlies from m2k chillin over triforce and pacman, I sucked so bad in pools that I'm prob not gonna enter another national for a while.

Also Taki did not enter. But took a games off a lot a people including mangos falco.

Jacob and swift had the best set vs. PB&J and over triforce. Like you HAVE TO SEE IT.

And that's all from rom.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Just in case you didn't hear.

Johny got 9th
He beat OTG then Jacob, lost a really close set with azen. Beat spawn, beat redd, lost to teczero.

Ambix beat pacman then lost to chillindude. Beat G$ then lost to niko.

Lake lost to jman then beat mofo
And then lost to over triforce

Naka lost to tec zero and then forfitted. (had to leave)

Jacob beat some kid, lost to Johny then sandbagged and lost against zsoso(?) (had to leave)

I didn't make it out of pools. My pool was mango, swift, Johny, 2marths and a falco. I went all fox. Although i did take friendlies from m2k chillin over triforce and pacman, I sucked so bad in pools that I'm prob not gonna enter another national for a while.

Also Taki did not enter. But took a games off a lot a people including mangos falco.

Jacob and swift had the best set vs. PB&J and over triforce. Like you HAVE TO SEE IT.

And that's all from rom.

WTF, we're not supposed to be good at this game.

<3 Pittsburgh

jbro

Smash Ace
Yooooooo, I am super proud of you guys.
That is awesome.

I am however, kinda bummed that you guys were up smashing til 6 am.

I GOTTA GO TO WORK HOMIE

Just kidding. Kinda.

htjmario

Smash Rookie
HEY GUYS. I haven't found the time to come out to Duquesne this year, so you guys may not remember me, but I have news. I realized that you guys didn't have a smash session last Friday and aren't going to have one this week cuz of Thanksgiving, so I decided to post before its too late.

**University of Pittsburgh's Asian Students Alliance (ASA) is hosting a Melee tournament on DECEMBER 3RD, 2011. **
I know that some of you guys may be worn out (maybe warmed up?) from ROM, but I really thought you guys should come to this and make Smash (STRICTLY MELEE) big at Pitt (at least I'm trying to lol). You guys will probably wreck everyone here for this is just an event that ASA made up for a fundraiser with lots of players unaware of how we play Smash, but hey, it's going to be pretty fun.

Oh yeah, and, CASH PRIZE.

Depending on how well we do this time, we'll most likely host more tournaments in the future.

Those of you who are interested, look for me on Facebook so I can invite you to the Event. The official rulings and entry fee are all on that page. The name's Hyun-Tae Jin. I'm also friends with Logan and Gerald.

I hope to see a lot of you guys there to **** people lol.

***PS. Can you guys lend extra TV, Wii/Gamecube, and controllers?? We're most likely going to make a sheet that people have to sign to borrow controllers, to ensure none goes missing/stolen.

Lastly I want to say that this is our very first tournament and we really want to do everything right so that it goes smoothly for the future. You guys are MUCH more experienced than I am (I haven't been to a single tournament :c ) so I would really appreciate any suggestions/recommendations before we get this show on the road!

htjmario

Smash Rookie
Right now, the event is set as from 12pm to 11pm at 5th floor of William Pitt Union. Add me on Facebook for specific details :D

I forgot to mention that by letting us use your wii/gamecube, we hope to use your copy of the game as well.

jbro

Smash Ace
Get Fast fall PC hogged;)
Good set though.

Also what time it that tourney gonna be? If I can make it to work. By 5 I'd love you forever. Reg till 12 start at 12:30?

I hate your schedule. I'm busy in the morning (band practice) but then should be good for the afternoon.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I will be looking forward to it.

My tournament singles experience at ROM was gay as hell. TecZero in pools, then first round singles TecZero again. And because it was 7pm i had to leave because the TO was lazy and **** didn't even get started until 3. : /

What.
The.
F*ck.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it would probably be the carroll fest 3. a lot of money is being thrown around in the near future. i've got tipped off 7 in two weeks. apex the month after that. i don't think i can do hope in between those.

i hope a lot of people go to CF3. i'll probably plan to do a lot of mm's. so if any of you wanna face some free *** no name ganon, i'll see if i can be a challenge to ya.

naka, that sucks. my singles was losing to velocity (still kinda mad....) beating haileyM, and losing to djnintendo. i only felt like i had that one bad loss to velocity in the tourney, so i'm not too upset.

well, except for losing to you in lake in pools. really went from getting 2 seed to 5 seed. alskdjglkandslgkadlkgj

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I will be looking forward to it.

My tournament singles experience at ROM was gay as hell. TecZero in pools, then first round singles TecZero again. And because it was 7pm i had to leave because the TO was lazy and **** didn't even get started until 3. : /

What.
The.
F*ck.
nah, a car with the stream equipment/overtriforce/tec0 didn't arrive until 3, although everyone was told to be back by 12. he was livid about it.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
nah, a car with the stream equipment/overtriforce/tec0 didn't arrive until 3, although everyone was told to be back by 12. he was livid about it.
I see, fair enough. I still don't think the entire tournament had to be delayed 3 hours for 2 players and luxury service (stream was not necessary and could've been hooked up later). The driver, or whoever caused them to be so late should have dealt with being 3 hours late. Instead of making everyone already at the venue be inconvenienced because of it.

Now yes i am mad salty about it, but we had a full day before that to run at least part of teams bracket. Letting a final few teams finish the next day. It was bad planning.

I paid $50 for the weekend, and $20 of that i got screwed out of. Because not only did i play the same person twice but when I asked to get it changed they said they would do something about it. Then tecZero himself asked to get it changed and he told me they said tough luck.

In a tournament with over 110 people that entered, and i think a 72 man bracket, this should be avoidable.

This is to be taken with a hefty dose of salt because while i am mad about the whole thing. I do realize how much work it can be to run something of that scale. Problems are going to occur and people will *****. This time i got the **** end of the stick, and i need to vent a bit.

I <3 ROM and i always seem to be a better player after every time i go.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
did you ever get to play your losers bracket naka, or did things run too late for that?

i was lucky enough to get my first round thing changed. i had mofo first round, and we had played in pools. but then i got velocity guhhhhh and lost to the campiest doc of all eternity whyyyyyyyyyyyy lol.

as a person who had to ride 12 hours back to NC, i wish the tournament started on time too, but alas, things like that just don't happen sometimes.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
lolz, I picked a good time to peep this thread. sup Chris? I'm going with you when you go.

btw I may have said this before, but seriously, buy this game right nao. http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/
They've been doing some kneejerk balance patches that bug me, but nothing that you LoL people aren't familiar with from what I hear.
Friend me and I'll play with you. Or just friend me on Steam in general. Steam is cool.

Carroll give me that picture.

Alan sucks.

Top Bottom