• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Renth

Smash Hero
so.. whenever we finallhy get a hold of recording equipment and everything is set to go. Plans get changed, seasonal fail for the lose in other words. Supposed to be a big storm tonight so we're going to leave within the hour. Sorry to everyone who I didn't see meet ect.

I'll catch up with all of you at pound

thethethelyme

Smash Cadet
strenkoooo noooo, but we still have ur controller. i feel like a terrible person. But you will deff get it back at pound, ya dig?

Great smashing buddy it was an effing blast amongst the chew spit and $15 cigarrettes, GANNON UP AIR FTW!!!

TheLake

Smash Master
Waaaiit a tic...

Renth we have your controller!

WTF!!

WE HAVE YOUR CONTROLLER ****IT!

3.50 ****I!!!

3 ****ING fittty!!!

Vyke

Smash Champion
CHANGE OF PLANS: Because I don't want to be a **** and force Shayne to drive around everywhere with me, I'm not picking anyone up until later.

That includes Taki (and Alan I guess). Sorry about these last second changes, but I thought it'd be okay with Shayne. I mean, I'm sure it is. But he spends 4 hours a day in a car as it is.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
excited for smash tonight, will be there between 9-10 ( thanks all to john :'D )

edit - also, being as i need a new controller, ill take the 3.50 offer on renths controller lol

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Naka, bring your 3 pronged Gamecube controller screwdriver.

Taki and Alan, I'll pick you up; Taki just stay at Wendy's, I'll still get you at 5. Gibsonia Wendy's?

AprilShaw

aka Logan
THAT'S NO ****ING EXCUSE!

Would you rather feel like **** at home all alone, or feel like **** in the company of your lovable and eccentric smash buddies?
The latter, however, I know if I go I'll end up staying up all night staring at a bright screen in a dark room and I'll just get a massive headache. Or, if I go to sleep, I'll probably be sleeping on the floor or something and feel even worse in the morning :laugh:

Nothing against you guys, just not feeling it today.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
After playing Falco and only Falco since mid-2007 when I first found competitive Smash, I think it's about time I pick up a secondary or two, and I want to see what you guys think. I've got about a month here at home with no one to Smash with except my brothers (who aren't good at the game, simply because they're not interested in playing "competitively"), so I figure it's a good time to learn a new character.

So far I've been playing Fox seeing as how virtually every Falco main in existence has a good Fox to rely on as well, and because he covers annoying Falco matchups (Puff, Peach) pretty nicely. The problems I'm having so far are as follows: 1) I can't consistently get perfect-distance wavedashes, making shine combos difficult to impossible, 2) After playing Fox, Falco seems incredibly slow and cumbersome in comparison. It's like playing Captain Falcon and then suddenly he turns into Ganondorf. By extension, switching timings and tech between the two characters is difficult--for instance, after playing Fox for a while, I can't waveshine very well with Falco thanks to the different wavedash timings.

Obviously, this and other tech issues can be resolved with more practice, but I'm more worried about Falco feeling slow when I switch back to him than anything. Is this something I'm just going to have to deal with, or will I eventually get used to switching enough that the feeling will disappear?

Anyway, I may also pick up Shiek some time in the future to deal with Marth, or Jiggs for a comedy/Mango option. But that isn't going to be for a while. I mean, I've stuck myself with Falco for over two years straight; it's going to take a while for me to be able to use even one other character semi-competently, let alone two.

Regardless, any opinions/ideas/advice? Should I continue with Fox or is there a better option? I mean, as far as enjoyment goes, I'm having a lot of fun with Fox, but anyone would probably feel novel and refreshing after not playing them for two years.

TheLake

Smash Master
Fox is never a bad option

I think GnW for sake of orginality and yoshi for sake of manliness

Marth would be awsome...there are like no marths anymore lol

You can learn alot from every character so best i could say is you can never have too many characters...

Just never forget whos your main...your falcos beast too <3

AprilShaw

aka Logan
All characters in mid/high/top tier are tourney viable (i mean winning; not just placing high *looks at aaron*)

If that's what you're going for, play one of them. If you're just going for someone you find fun, go through all the characters =)

Like Aaron said you can learn a lot from everyone. When I'm playing I like to switch around my character a lot; I used to think my order of best was Fox > Falco > Peach > others but now I'm pretty sure it's Marth > Fox > Jiggs > others. You never know what you'll find.

Just uhh... don't learn Yoshi or ICs unless you're prepared to dedicate a lot of time to them. And I mean a LOT.

Anonalbe

Smash Cadet
weird... i always found my fox being slower than my falco, but that's probably cause of the way i play and the fact that i fail at pressuring with fox. i used to have trouble switching between the two as well, but you'll probably get over that with enough experience. imo the best option is to just try out all the characters till you find something you want to make your secondary. doesn't hurt to learn how to play them all as you do learn how to play against them as well.

and wes, your david boreanaz pic is disturbing ...i secretly watched buffy and angel D:

Nakamaru

Smash Master
play around and find a character that fits your style. Since you've been playing nothing but falco you should have a pretty good idea of what your style is. For example, i like aggression so i play fox and falcon because their speed can ad hear(alan sp?) to my style.

After that you can pick up characters to help with problem matchups. Like i pick falco against sheiks because i have a really bad defensive game with fox and falcon. Having a falco makes up for that.

my 2 cents

Renth

Smash Hero
strenkoooo noooo, but we still have ur controller. i feel like a terrible person. But you will deff get it back at pound, ya dig?

Great smashing buddy it was an effing blast amongst the chew spit and $15 cigarrettes, GANNON UP AIR FTW!!!
Ya dude it was real, Joe has class on Monday give him my controller then he'll give it back to me during Christmas Break.

Either way, I had a blast it was fun meeting some of you and catching up with a few of you I haven't seen in awhile. Keep doing what you're doing Mike next time i'm down we'll go party or something, oh ya bad timing the other day you guys like decided to come chill during our nap time :laugh:

AprilShaw

aka Logan
play around and find a character that fits your style. Since you've been playing nothing but falco you should have a pretty good idea of what your style is. For example, i like aggression so i play fox and falcon because their speed can ad hear(alan sp?) to my style.

After that you can pick up characters to help with problem matchups. Like i pick falco against sheiks because i have a really bad defensive game with fox and falcon. Having a falco makes up for that.

my 2 cents
Your Falco still plays really aggressively XD

And it's spelled adhere I believe

thethethelyme

Smash Cadet
Ya dude it was real, Joe has class on Monday give him my controller then he'll give it back to me during Christmas Break.

Either way, I had a blast it was fun meeting some of you and catching up with a few of you I haven't seen in awhile. Keep doing what you're doing Mike next time i'm down we'll go party or something, oh ya bad timing the other day you guys like decided to come chill during our nap time :laugh:
haha i feel ya, i'll make sure joe gets it no worries

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Play with a character that makes you happy ^_^

Aaron (Thethelake) on jacobs account : Logan ma boy! get dem vids up pronto

yahurhuuuuzz!

I watched buffy and angel too! That show was the boss's cradle

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
and wes, your david boreanaz pic is disturbing ...i secretly watched buffy and angel D:
Go watch Bones. Its pretty awesome.

so who wants to go to cici's and then play smash on sunday?
Oh man, the good 'ole Cici's then smash routine. Good times.

After playing Falco and only Falco since mid-2007 when I first found competitive Smash, I think it's about time I pick up a secondary or two, and I want to see what you guys think.
Play fox. More fast fallers => more fun combos.

Harm.

Smash Cadet
so who wants to go to cici's and then play smash on sunday?

i am off sunday so i would love to. my number is 412 302 2678, shoot me a text.

which ci cis and where are we playing?

hey logan did you put up those vids?:confused:

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I've been busy and separating vids on this software takes forever.

I didn't even have access to my laptop til now.

It'll get done soon, but have patience lol, I still feel like **** so I'm going to bed soon

Top Bottom