• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Brawl thread was closed by mods (feign surprise, guys). Guess this is our new home to talk about it! So picking up where we left off, who wants to Brawl in Pittsburgh?

Renth

Smash Hero
err..

sorry about not coming to the fest, it was a mix of bad traffic and bad timing i suppose. I'm usually just sitting around at my friends house I played Matt Morhouse the other day, kid is too smart omg..

anyway.. 814 410 4398 if one or two people want to stop by PTI shouldn't be that big of a deal that or pick me up either way Naka knows where I am.

thethethelyme

Smash Cadet
its mike morehouse ****it lol. and thanks bud. ur crazy good urself. i had nightmares about getting waveland up-aired while trying to recover. Scary stuff ya dig?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Take me

That guy is too skinny to have a voice that deep. I suppose Jafar had a pretty deep voice, though.

I'm bumping my request for a ride to Pound 4. I'll split the cost of a room and gas. Let me know either way, since the sooner I know if I can get there, the sooner I can register.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about what happened Naka. No idea soldiers and sailors closed... hell I'll be honest, I drive so little that I didn't even know parking garages closed overnight <.<;

To the people I'll be playing WoW with, don't expect it to last past whenever this game comes out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X850DCpiw9A

:D
"Spoonyd likes this." Can't believe I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 for this game.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Lol, its cool logan. We got people to let us out just by camping out in the lounge. It's just been a **** month, so dont take much i say to heart. Its all just venting. ^.^;

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I'm driving to Pound 4. Any takers on seats?

I have 6 spots open.

First come first serve.
Let me see if I can get the money together. After RoM2 I don't know if I'll be able to afford another tournament so soon, but god **** would I love to go to Pound. Would those going with you also be lodging with you?

AprilShaw

aka Logan
"Spoonyd likes this." Can't believe I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 for this game.
It's for PC too =)

Also about WoW, I downloaded it and made a trial account (not using Alan's referral) to try it out. When I load up the game, everything works, I can get to the character select screen, then I load up my character and the game freaks out. First everything appears. Then the UI and parts of character models disappear (this time I tried and all but my character's head and staff disappeared). Finally my screen goes black and the game crashes.

A few times I've had it stay open but everything's black, and once or twice my whole computer crashed... any ideas?

Another thing. Before starting up WoW, Direct3D works fine on my computer. Afterwards my comp fails all the Direct3D tests, saying it's not implemented.

I'm at a loss...

Edit: I'm using an ATI Mobility HD 3430 which, when I looked into it before, was known to have some problems but apparently should work for WoW. I'm able to run FFXI just fine, which has much higher minimum system requirements.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
WEMP, I've never gotten to play you in Smash lol. Since you can't come on Fridays and all.

Hopefully we can play this weekend!

We should have another CMU tourney or smashfest if that room's open, that was awesome.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Smash. When. Where. Bring me!

@ Logan, I'd have no understanding as to why you're getting that sort of result from running the game. Did you get any lame pop-ups or whatnot during installation that asked you to install something that you turned down? I'm at a loss here as well...

gouda

Smash Journeyman
Smash @ DUQ friday? CMU Saturday? What? somebody please clarify this >.>

Logan, lemme know if thou needeth a ride

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Why the hell is gamestop open till 11pm?
So whenever I finish my 10:00 jazzercise class, I can run by to pick up a copy of Sonic: Bedridden, you know, the one where he gets terminal cancer and has to walk through the levels of the hospital to find his shoes that the orderly took from him.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
So whenever I finish my 10:00 jazzercise class, I can run by to pick up a copy of Sonic: Bedridden, you know, the one where he gets terminal cancer and has to walk through the levels of the hospital to find his shoes that the orderly took from him.
This is perhaps the funniest comment I've ever seen. As someone who grew up a huge Sonic fan, and who shares the same feelings about the new games, this made me burst out laughing :laugh:

Smash. When. Where. Bring me!

@ Logan, I'd have no understanding as to why you're getting that sort of result from running the game. Did you get any lame pop-ups or whatnot during installation that asked you to install something that you turned down? I'm at a loss here as well...
No clue. I didn't turn anything down during installation. If I can't get it to work, I'll uninstall and reinstall it and see what happens :\

Edit: As for this weekend, anywhere's good for me. If we can't find a place, then we can probably chill at Liz's house if you guys are willing to come out to Lebo.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
that already sounds better than any of the crap they have been making sonic do lately.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i do believe that we are trying to smash at vudujin's this friday. Probably wont be till after 6 which is when he gets back in town. if i know whats going down soon enough i can grab renth.

Princess and the Frog looks awesome btw.

thethethelyme

Smash Cadet
if we are infact going to jacobs i'm down like a clown. i'll bring thethethelyme with me so no worries there. also the lake can cop a ride i'm sure :))))

A-Laon

Smash Master
Smash at Sir. Jacob's castle? Surely we shall present to him a collosal, wooden Luigi as a gift before we leap out from its innards and 4-stock him in the name of Greece!

THIS IS ATHENS!

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I guess the next question is "Should I register for teams?"

Hey, CMU people: Go to Pound and team with me. :bee:

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to make a thread for my place during winter, spring, and summer break.
Just because school stops doesn't mean smash has to.

So until further notice, my house will be the official vacation weekly spot as a sub-venue to Duq.
Friday smash at my place. Bring your best.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Smash at Sir. Jacob's castle? Surely we shall present to him a collosal, wooden Luigi as a gift before we leap out from its innards and 4-stock him in the name of Greece!

THIS IS ATHENS!
This is a really good idea. You should totally do this.

Top Bottom